Author Topic: Long time coming...  (Read 29993 times)

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Long time coming...
« Reply #111 on: August 07, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »
DD911,

Believe it or not, no one here wants you to fail again. There has been a lot of good advice given to you here and in Chat. If you were unwanted you would be ignored. You have posted roll every day which is great, but, you posted roll on the day you caved so your integrity took a big hit.

Answering the three questions is important to do. Thoughtful, deep, meaningful answers will not only help you to dig in for this long fight, but will also help others. Being combative will get you nowhere, whether you start or just feed it with a response. Getting involved on KTC in constructive ways will strengthen your quit and reestablish your credibility over time.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline jrod

• Quitter
« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Kubrick
Quote from: DippinDave911
this is exactly why i dont post in my intro. every time i do i get some half assed bullshit answer that is neither helpful to my quit nor productive in any other way. If you spent half as much time giving some postitive feedback this site would be losing less people. not everyone is big fucking macho man that you see yourself as so sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

I post roll EVERY day with November. I AM QUIT. FUCK YOU for keeping this drama going longer than it needs to be.
Keep posting roll and quit every day. That's all that really matters here.

One day at a time.

I'm guessing some of the fellas posting in your intro were under the impression you weren't posting roll.

Edit: I should mention, that you still really need to answer those three questions after you caved. For you. Take an inventory of the reasons you caved and what steps you are going to do differently this time to prevent another one.

There will be plenty of cravings and temptations coming at you, are you prepared to take them on?
KTC gives you tools: posting roll, chat, your intro, thousands of quitters, and tons of information. Stop saying you are ignoring your tools and people will stop hounding you.

I've been watching you Dave. I've seen you post 6 straight days. I believe that you are on board. Reading the more recent comments, I get why you are pissed off. Channel that anger. Use the nasty comments to fuel your quit.

The simple truth is that everyone on here wants to see you quit, we just have different definitions of support.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »
Quit better.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2013, 11:59:00 AM »
this is exactly why i dont post in my intro. every time i do i get some half assed bullshit answer that is neither helpful to my quit nor productive in any other way. If you spent half as much time giving some postitive feedback this site would be losing less people. not everyone is big fucking macho man that you see yourself as so sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

I post roll EVERY day with November. I AM QUIT. FUCK YOU for keeping this drama going longer than it needs to be.
Keep posting roll and quit every day. That's all that really matters here.

One day at a time.

I'm guessing some of the fellas posting in your intro were under the impression you weren't posting roll.

Edit: I should mention, that you still really need to answer those three questions after you caved. For you. Take an inventory of the reasons you caved and what steps you are going to do differently this time to prevent another one.

There will be plenty of cravings and temptations coming at you, are you prepared to take them on?
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
« Reply #107 on: August 07, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #106 on: August 07, 2013, 11:36:00 AM »
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Dude never came back? He's no quitter....
Sure he is. He's a professional quitter of quitting. Time to move along. Can't save em all...
Sad truth is some people are weak, and at their core do not have the courage to act in their own best interests. Most of them come here thinking there is an easy way, a short cut to quitting that is painless and takes no effort. A quit pill if you will. It is easy to spot the ones that will fail, they all think they are special/different in some way from every other addict, and they firmly believe they will be cured rather than understanding they are addicts that have to put in the work to control their addiction. Try to focus on the real quitters rather than the special butterflies, the butterflies rarely stick around long...
no magic bullet here boys/girls just guts, nuts and teamwork....
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #105 on: August 07, 2013, 11:18:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Sure he is. He's a professional quitter of quitting. Time to move along. Can't save em all...
Sad truth is some people are weak, and at their core do not have the courage to act in their own best interests. Most of them come here thinking there is an easy way, a short cut to quitting that is painless and takes no effort. A quit pill if you will. It is easy to spot the ones that will fail, they all think they are special/different in some way from every other addict, and they firmly believe they will be cured rather than understanding they are addicts that have to put in the work to control their addiction. Try to focus on the real quitters rather than the special butterflies, the butterflies rarely stick around long...
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2013, 10:12:00 AM »
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
Quote from: T-Cell
dippin dave-
Just read your last two intro posts. Why are you even here? You somehow sense you need help, but then you reject all the sound advice you get and want to do it your way. Despite hard evidence that your way doesn't work. That my friend is special butterfly stuff there.
Either get all the way in or GTFO. You can be a bad ass quitter, but it won't happen until you drink the kool aide, follow the KTC recipe AND man up and be honest with yourself. Get over your anger at fellow quitters, channel it toward your real foe which is nicotine...
Its easy to WANT to quit! It's even easier to actually do it! It takes understanding that you are an ADDICT! Then making the choice that you will not use nicotine today for any reason! It's not rocket science! If you do not know with every fiber of your being that you are an addict and do not want to use, then you cannot be successful. There is no better way. Only the right way.... NO NICOTINE TODAY.

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2013, 06:14:00 PM »
dippin dave-
Just read your last two intro posts. Why are you even here? You somehow sense you need help, but then you reject all the sound advice you get and want to do it your way. Despite hard evidence that your way doesn't work. That my friend is special butterfly stuff there.
Either get all the way in or GTFO. You can be a bad ass quitter, but it won't happen until you drink the kool aide, follow the KTC recipe AND man up and be honest with yourself. Get over your anger at fellow quitters, channel it toward your real foe which is nicotine...
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2013, 03:48:00 PM »
Quote from: FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
i dont post in my intro anymore and i dont think about dip at all.
That seems bass ackwards to me. You caved- so this time you are going to make even less use of the tools KTC offers. Do you see how that doesn't make any sense at all?

KTC Quit Fu is strong, and all who seek to study it are welcome.
However, if one desires to learn TigerClaw Quit Fu instead, then one must find a different dojo.

My stepson says I watch too many kung fu movies.... perhaps he is right.

But the point is.... There is proof that KTC works, and proof that your way doesn't.
Dive in, and do it for real, or move along.
HIYAH! 'nutkick'

DD911... You need to buckle down and get serious here. Part of that is admitting that by doing it on your own you caved quicker than a good dump takes. What's it gonna be dude!?
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2013, 03:35:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
That seems bass ackwards to me. You caved- so this time you are going to make even less use of the tools KTC offers. Do you see how that doesn't make any sense at all?

However, if one desires to learn TigerClaw Quit Fu instead, then one must find a different dojo.

But the point is.... There is proof that KTC works, and proof that your way doesn't.
HIYAH! 'nutkick'
Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2013, 03:22:00 PM »

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »
quick update everything is going good. i dont post in my intro anymore and i dont think about dip at all. i got my bacc off. it sucks but it does the trick during those late night craves. im in a pretty shitty mood but thats mostly because i was suppose to be paid last thursday and i still havent been. fucking hungry and i have no money. awesome. think its time to get on the phone with the labor board this is ridiculous. anyway mind and body tobanicodip free. QLF!