Author Topic: Long time coming...  (Read 30002 times)

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Long time coming...
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2013, 08:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: DippinDave911
headed to bed. quick thanks to: lcwb96, jbradley and mjollnir for helping me dump my cans. felt great (felt shitty deep down) and now i dont have to keeping seeing them sitting there taunting me to come have a pinch. I am quit.
This is solid progress. Now don't run out an buy another can when the next crave hits. Reach out before you do someting dumb.
Nice job Dave. While you wait on your order try a QT store or a Walmart. Both of my local stores carry Smokey Mountain. I loaded up on them and they are not that bad. I probably have 3 per day which seems to get me through ok. Beef Jerky works even better for me but damn, it cost more than dipping...lol...

Be careful on the drinking at first. You know it lowers your inhibitions and we don't want to see you become pregnant or something worse....

Today is day 7 for me and I only thought about dipping 3,426 times yesterday so it is getting easier.

Hang tough.

Greg
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2013, 08:10:00 AM »
i just ordered some Bacc Off to help when im craving
Yesterday was something I see. congrats on making it the day. I got good news and bad news.

Good news,, It don't get no worse then yesterday!

Bad news,, Probably going to be a lot of the same!

Brother, the first 72 are not easy,, they are ALMOST unbearable. After that it's all mental. Now you notice I put almost in caps. I did that because 1000's have went through this and so can you. Your no different then me, diesel, cleanfuel and everyone else that has hit your intro. We are all quitters and had to go through the same things you are and will go through.

I, personally am so glad I went through it. I love my new life. I will gladly speak for each of these guys and say that if you asked they would say the same.

Every time those craves hit today ask yourself. Am I worth It??

Your answer, I hope is yes, I am worth it! Your worth the craves, your worth the insomnia, your worth the brain games.

I make one promise! Everything gets so much better and in time you will kick yourself right in the ass for ever saying yes to this poison. Quit with you. Check your inbox.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2013, 08:05:00 AM »
Great job in posting roll today. What is your plan while waiting for the order to arrive? Go get some seeds, gum, candy, jerky, whatever you need to fight off the craves in the mean time. I mean whatever. Anything but nicotine. Nice job dumping your cans yesterday. Today will be no cakewalk, but you can do it. You did it yesterday. Stay on this quit today.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2013, 02:32:00 AM »

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2013, 12:56:00 AM »
headed to bed. quick thanks to: lcwb96, jbradley and mjollnir for helping me dump my cans. felt great (felt shitty deep down) and now i dont have to keeping seeing them sitting there taunting me to come have a pinch. I am quit.
This is solid progress. Now don't run out an buy another can when the next crave hits. Reach out before you do someting dumb.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2013, 12:47:00 AM »

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2013, 11:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
I gotta say I never thought i would make it this long (almost 24 hours) without a pinch. Hell, just the thought of telling all this to a bunch of strangers made me laugh. I havent found the strength to dump my six bucks down the toilet, but at the same time i havent even tried to grab a pinch. i drank tonight, two six packs. I even went to the store for the second six pack and did not buy any tobacco. Hell, thats an improvement for me. Its getting late now and im telling myself that one pinch isnt going to hurt. It's better than the two tins ive normally gone through by this time. The craving is there, in the back of my head, but im somehow ignoring it. I really cannot fathom how; ive never stayed quit for this long before, especially with it in the house. (ya go ahead and yell at me for not being a man and  throwing it out) anyone who cares, (sorry, i know you all care) i got in a huge fight with my gf of 4 years tonight, while i was drinking, and as much as i wanted a lip more than anything, i stayed the eff away. few more hours i will have survived my first 24 hours, and i cannot wait for that milestone, which is HUGE for me. thanks everyone for the ongoing support, i still cant believe i found this online. one more thing to do... 'flush'
Find some strength weakling. Give me ONE good reason to have that full can around. If its the $6 I will mail you a 5 spot and a single. Just give me your address.

Also, you laugh at "telling this to a bunch of strangers".

Newsflash. You're a stranger too and nobody here is laughing at you, we are cheering for you.

We are not some weird cult (except maybe for Lucios D) of rah rah homos or something, dude.

We are normal everyday people taking our lives back from nicotine addiction, and we want to see you do the same.

I have this odd feeling that you are not taking us serious, like we aren't real or something.
DD.......here is the deal....i actually think you have a badass quitter in you...i cant tell....you are teasing me....just man up..72 hours.......thats it.....you get me? step up....STEP UP.....YOU ARE THE VOICE......#letsdothis
Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2013, 11:47:00 PM »
I gotta say I never thought i would make it this long (almost 24 hours) without a pinch. Hell, just the thought of telling all this to a bunch of strangers made me laugh. I havent found the strength to dump my six bucks down the toilet, but at the same time i havent even tried to grab a pinch. i drank tonight, two six packs. I even went to the store for the second six pack and did not buy any tobacco. Hell, thats an improvement for me. Its getting late now and im telling myself that one pinch isnt going to hurt. It's better than the two tins ive normally gone through by this time. The craving is there, in the back of my head, but im somehow ignoring it. I really cannot fathom how; ive never stayed quit for this long before, especially with it in the house. (ya go ahead and yell at me for not being a man and throwing it out) anyone who cares, (sorry, i know you all care) i got in a huge fight with my gf of 4 years tonight, while i was drinking, and as much as i wanted a lip more than anything, i stayed the eff away. few more hours i will have survived my first 24 hours, and i cannot wait for that milestone, which is HUGE for me. thanks everyone for the ongoing support, i still cant believe i found this online. one more thing to do... 'flush'
Find some strength weakling. Give me ONE good reason to have that full can around. If its the $6 I will mail you a 5 spot and a single. Just give me your address.

Also, you laugh at "telling this to a bunch of strangers".

Newsflash. You're a stranger too and nobody here is laughing at you, we are cheering for you.

We are not some weird cult (except maybe for Lucios D) of rah rah homos or something, dude.

We are normal everyday people taking our lives back from nicotine addiction, and we want to see you do the same.

I have this odd feeling that you are not taking us serious, like we aren't real or something.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2013, 11:30:00 PM »
I gotta say I never thought i would make it this long (almost 24 hours) without a pinch. Hell, just the thought of telling all this to a bunch of strangers made me laugh. I havent found the strength to dump my six bucks down the toilet, but at the same time i havent even tried to grab a pinch. i drank tonight, two six packs. I even went to the store for the second six pack and did not buy any tobacco. Hell, thats an improvement for me. Its getting late now and im telling myself that one pinch isnt going to hurt. It's better than the two tins ive normally gone through by this time. The craving is there, in the back of my head, but im somehow ignoring it. I really cannot fathom how; ive never stayed quit for this long before, especially with it in the house. (ya go ahead and yell at me for not being a man and throwing it out) anyone who cares, (sorry, i know you all care) i got in a huge fight with my gf of 4 years tonight, while i was drinking, and as much as i wanted a lip more than anything, i stayed the eff away. few more hours i will have survived my first 24 hours, and i cannot wait for that milestone, which is HUGE for me. thanks everyone for the ongoing support, i still cant believe i found this online. one more thing to do... 'flush'

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2013, 09:31:00 PM »
Nice job Dave. It's only a day.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 07:24:00 PM »
Quote from: Mjollnir
Quote from: jbradley
wow. i actually feel like crap just from reading strangers replies. Ive posted in roll and have not touched my can all day. im going to do this.
I certainly hope at this point that there is not a can to touch! If there is, burn the bridge and the pilings by dumping all of your cans in the toilet and flush that crap away. Do not throw it in a dumpster, you will be diving back in for it in a matter of hours. Once it is gone it will be better. We are here to support you and help you in any way necessary but you must do the hard part. Flush it, all of it, and no more addict speak like hope or wish. Shoot me a pm if you need anything
Can - toilet bowl. Do it.

x2!!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Mjollnir

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »
Quote from: jbradley
wow. i actually feel like crap just from reading strangers replies. Ive posted in roll and have not touched my can all day. im going to do this.
I certainly hope at this point that there is not a can to touch! If there is, burn the bridge and the pilings by dumping all of your cans in the toilet and flush that crap away. Do not throw it in a dumpster, you will be diving back in for it in a matter of hours. Once it is gone it will be better. We are here to support you and help you in any way necessary but you must do the hard part. Flush it, all of it, and no more addict speak like hope or wish. Shoot me a pm if you need anything
Can - toilet bowl. Do it.

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 07:11:00 PM »

Offline lbj

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
That's how we do it my friend,welcome aboard !
Take away,take away... take away this ball and chain

Offline AliG

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2013, 05:38:00 PM »
Dippindave cheering for you man! I was in your shoes 55 days ago make it through this and you will not regret it, the first week is rough do whatever it takes to stay nic free