Author Topic: Long time coming...  (Read 29999 times)

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Long time coming...
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2013, 01:21:00 AM »
Where to begin?

Last night (July 31, 2013) was a complete fucking disaster. I fucked up.

With this chew I enslave myself
to a lifetime of addiction.
While I canÂ’t promise to always love you,
I do promise to obey every craving and
support my addiction to you
no matter how expensive you become.
I will let no husband or wife,
no family member or friend,
no doctor or any other health professional,
no employer or government policy,
no stench, no sore tongue or gums,
no cancer or heart attack or stroke,
no threat of loss of life or limbs,
come between us.

I will chew you forever
from this day forth,
for better or worse,
whether richer or poorer,
in sickness and in health,
till death do us part!

I give up my quit. Quitting is impossible and I cannot do it. I love dipping more than I love myself. I care about dipping more than I care about my personal health. I love dipping more than I love my family. I know this addiction will kill me, and I ACCEPT that fact. I enjoy spending time alone with my can more than I enjoy spending time with anyone else on the planet. I look forward to losing my jaw, my tongue, my throat, my life - it's worth it. When I am lying in my hospital bed fighting a losing battle against cancer I will feel a sense of satisfaction knowing that this is the path I CHOSE. My only regret will be that I didn't start dipping earlier in life. I will feel sorrow for my familyÂ’s heartbreak and suffer untold pain, but I know you must sacrifice for the things you truly love.

I know ALL the consequences of my actions and I accept them fully and without regret. I hereby choose to give my life to this addiction - I do so with a smile on face.

Signature: __DippinDave911___
Date: ___07/31/2013____

I had a rough night. I convinced myself that I would quit quitting. I regret not having this in my wallet. This isnt about regrets though.

I was exhausted. The bitch came to me in my delusional thoughts. She begged me to come back to her. She promised she could make everything better. She could put everything back where it goes. All I had to do was dip one more time. One dip, and I could have my life back. Im weak. I let her in. Im a pussy. I couldnt say no to her.

I bought a can. I knew it was wrong, but I wanted it. She wanted it. And I made it so. I brought the can home. I set the can beside me and loaded up live chat. I needed help. I wanted help. But it was already to late. My Her mind was already made up. She broke me. I would cave. She would humiliate me in front of my brothers and sisters. She used me. Like she has for the past 7 years. She told my brothers and sisters what they wanted to hear. Tell them off. Appease them. She had already won.

I lied to you all. I lied on top of lies. I knew I was going to dip. I sat reading while you all thought I was flushing my poison. One of you saw through the ruse, but others still talked you out of the idea. Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies, LIES! I LIED TO YOU ALL!

I left chat. I stuck around the site a little longer. I looked at everything. Cancer pictures. Read stories of life and of death. Tried imagining myself looking like a ghoul or zombie. Tried to get this bitch out of my head. Tried. There is no trying. Only doing. I DID nothing. I accepted the bitch with open arms.

I fingered the can of poison for a while. Rolled it around in my hands. Weighed it against what I knew was the right thing to do. I thought about what I was about to do. About why I was going to do it. She convinced me everything was fine. This was the right thing to do. My life would be better. She said I would sleep. She said I would feel better physically. Emotionally. She promised me.

I broke the seal. I popped the lid. I went knuckle deep. I pinched. I felt a rush of pure ecstasy. Something I hadnt felt for years, even while active. I felt alive. I felt...guilt.

I betrayed myself. I betrayed you. My brothers and sisters in this fight. I had caved, after only five days. Five days. Five weeks. Five months. Five years. One day without this poison is truly freedom. And I caved. I am a pussy. I am weak.

And She lied to me. She said I would sleep. I stayed awake all night staring at roll call. My name wasnt on the list. It couldnt be on the list. I was weak. I caved. Cavers dont get to be on the list. My body ached. My head was pounding. She said everything would be fine, but She lied to me. Like she has been for the past 7 years. And I believed her.

I lied to you all. I made friends under false pretenses. You would all go to hell and back for me. You all opened your hearts to me. You answered my cry for help. And I shit on you. I lied to you. I probably lost a trust that I will never regain in my lifetime. I called you brother. I called you sister. You were my friends. I do not hold any hopes that any of you will ever talk to me again. I have lost my support. And it is no ones fault but my own.

I want to apologize to each and every one of you. I am sorry that I lied to you. I am sorry that I am weak. I am sorry that I am a pussy. I am sorry for wasting your time. I am sorry.

Im not asking for forgiveness. Im not asking for reassurance. Yell at me. Call me names. Hate me. I am a traitor. I am weak and I allowed the Bitch to control me. Give it to me. Dont hold back. Come on, make me feel weaker. Insignificant. Make me just a number. Make me feel more guilty than I already do. PISS ME OFF!

One day at a time.

Im not going to try this time. Im not going to hope this time. No. This time im going to DO.

One day at a time this Bitch is going to have less and less of a grasp on me.

One day at a time I am going to fight to earn back the trust that was shattered by a moment of weakness.

One day at a time I am going to thank each and every one of you for believing in me.

One day at a time I am going to kick this addiction.

One day at a time I am going to pay it forward. All I've known for the past 7 years is take, take and more take. You have all helped me when I needed it. I am going to pay it forward, making myself stronger in the process.

One day at a time.

I may be a pussy. I may be weak. I may be an asshole. I may be a liar. I may be an addict. I may be lots of things. I am lots of things. But I am also a quitter.

I am a quitter. And I intend to stay quit. The past is behind me. I can only move on from here. I cannot and will not look back. What happened in the past is just that. The past. I am looking forward. To a bright, poison free future. Standing proud next to my brothers and sisters. I like what I see. I am proud. I want that.

One day at a time. I am quit.

Offline cdaniels

• Quitter
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2013, 08:35:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: Evil_Won
Dave,

Last night in Chat got scary. Where are you today?
Been texting him all day. Nada. Hmm...
he is humping a can
Quit date 11-20-12
Never again for any reason. I quit for today. Today I live.
http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=7796
http://www.killthecan.org/facts/contract.asp

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2013, 08:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Dave,

Been texting him all day. Nada. Hmm...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2013, 11:55:00 AM »
Dave,

"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Jayhawk
Dave and Paradigmdawg - you guys are right smack dab in the battle for this. You guys are experiencing exactly what many of us have walked through.

Listen up. Follow us. Do whatever you have to do, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day to stay quit.

Post your roll. It is really important right now that you do that. Give us your word and do what you have to.

Being a little tired is a tiny price to pay for your health and your life. Do it.

Trust me on this... life gets better. Your sleep patterns return. The physical craves go away. You guys just need to keep fighting this good fight because once you get through this and on the other side......... man life is good.

Keep chopin' wood brothers.

We are right here with you.

- Jayhawk
Good advice from ^^. Paradgmdawg, Don't worry about your fake intake. Its crazy what an addict will worry about while in the first stages of quit. Just worry about keeping the poison out. I took fake until I got in the 40's, trashed it and never looked back. The fake is the least of your concerns right now. Staying quit one day at a time is high priority.

Jayhawk is right,, ya'll are in the thick of it. Where you guys are will last a minute or two. Believe it or not, your brains are rejoicing. Finally the healing that it's wanted to do for years.

You are making your way to a door that is hard to get to and hard to open. You will like what's on the other side. Keep pushing through. Glad to be quit with both you guys.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Jayhawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2013, 11:30:00 PM »
Dave and Paradigmdawg - you guys are right smack dab in the battle for this. You guys are experiencing exactly what many of us have walked through.

Listen up. Follow us. Do whatever you have to do, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day to stay quit.

Post your roll. It is really important right now that you do that. Give us your word and do what you have to.

Being a little tired is a tiny price to pay for your health and your life. Do it.

Trust me on this... life gets better. Your sleep patterns return. The physical craves go away. You guys just need to keep fighting this good fight because once you get through this and on the other side......... man life is good.

Keep chopin' wood brothers.

We are right here with you.

- Jayhawk
The fog is just one long kick in the balls.

Quit 5/15/13
HOF 8/22/13

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »
Quote from: DippinDave911
actually feeling tired tonight. maybe ill get some sleep. doubt it. cravings are getting more intense. i actually spent a solid minute searching for my tin today. got pissed and thought my gf hid it on me. then i remembered its been five days tobacco free. ha.

Five days free of the bitch.
Day 10 for me buddy and yesterday was likely my hardest day yet. I dipped a lot of fake stuff which pissed me off because I have only been needing 1 or 2 of those per day.

My sleep is also weird, strange dreams, waking up 3 hours early and feeling fresh only to badly crash a couple of hours later and inability to stay up until my normal bedtime.

The only time I feel great is on a bike or just dead tired after riding too hard for too long. My recovery days off the bike are my bad days off dip. I may just forgo my recovery days for awhile and rag out my body.

Hang in there!
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »
actually feeling tired tonight. maybe ill get some sleep. doubt it. cravings are getting more intense. i actually spent a solid minute searching for my tin today. got pissed and thought my gf hid it on me. then i remembered its been five days tobacco free. ha.

Your doing great dave. I can make you two promises today. May not be the best two promises you've ever had, but then again,, your quitting one of the most addictive drugs known to man. You screwed your brain for years and you finally decided to stop, so a few promises of better days ahead is all I have.

While the brain is healing and getting the oxygen you have been neglecting it for years it doesn't rest well.

1str promise,, everything will get better.

2nd promise,, your sleep will return. Sleep when you can, don't if you can't. Take you some naps if your able. It is rough going at first my friend, but it is so worth it.

Your sleep will return in time and then you will want to sleep more often. I went through a period where I wanted to sleep to much.

You have much better days ahead. Stay the course. Keep your head on a swivel, but don't look back. Nothing back there but slavery. I'm quit with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2013, 02:26:00 AM »

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
Quote from: FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE
just realized that my lip is twitching. was doing it yesterday too but i didnt pick up on it. the spot i used to always put my dip in is moving around. like in The Mummy when the scarabs crawl around under their skin. thats what it feels like but localized to that one spot in my lip...

wiiiierd...  'Crazy'
mine has done that too. I also had a sore on the right side of my upper lip. It healed. Now I have a sore on the left side of my upper lip. I hardly dipped up there. I know it doesn't matter. Simply and example of how messed up this crap is and how our bodies are all screwed up. NIC IS NASTY SHIT
I would say it is normal. Mine still does it every once in awhile and i'm 84 days in. Quit on sir.
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »
just realized that my lip is twitching. was doing it yesterday too but i didnt pick up on it. the spot i used to always put my dip in is moving around. like in The Mummy when the scarabs crawl around under their skin. thats what it feels like but localized to that one spot in my lip...

wiiiierd... 'Crazy'
mine has done that too. I also had a sore on the right side of my upper lip. It healed. Now I have a sore on the left side of my upper lip. I hardly dipped up there. I know it doesn't matter. Simply and example of how messed up this crap is and how our bodies are all screwed up. NIC IS NASTY SHIT
Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2013, 11:35:00 AM »

wiiiierd... 'Crazy'

Offline FIGHTIN-IGNORANCE

• Quitter
  • Interests: Studying the "Word", My Two Boys, Hunting, fishing, Softball, Roller Hockey, learning to play acoustic guitar,
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
still sleeping like shit. fog seems to have lifted a tiny bit. not nearly as exhausted today. thankfully. stocked on up seeds till my bacc off gets here. helped a new member find the path to salvation today. felt good, as i can count myself responsible for more than a few new dippers as well. im quitting with you WildRiver.
I'm glad to see you are holding strong. My craves are still close to 100% of the time but a lot weaker than they were..

My fog has lifted the past 3 or 4 days and I feel pretty good. I am suing the fake stuff less and less, yesterday I had 1 fake dip and no beef jerky. I was eating around two large bags of jerky per day for the first 4 days.

I'm calling all this progress, sure it's slow progress but I will take it just the same.
Both you you are kicking ass.. Progress is progress... No matter how slow you want to keep going forward. Great job helping each other.. remember this crap comes and goes for quite sometime at the beginning. Keep your Guard up..I am glad to be quitting with you both today..
Quit Date 6/26/2013
DUCK FIP'S FOR LIFE!!
'KICKIN THE CAN' All Day Long!
Complancency sucks,one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

The connection of a common problem is strong, but the connection of a common solution is even stronger.-gorilla1

When we think we can't quit... We can... Cause ducks fly together... When the craves are to much to handle... Us ducks fly together.... When you want to cave... You won't... Because ducks fly together. Per our Jpete328
Freedom Started 06/26/2013....Freedom continues because of my choice and accountability from MY FELLOW DUCKS! QUACK ! QUACK! Thank You!

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2013, 10:34:00 AM »
still sleeping like shit. fog seems to have lifted a tiny bit. not nearly as exhausted today. thankfully. stocked on up seeds till my bacc off gets here. helped a new member find the path to salvation today. felt good, as i can count myself responsible for more than a few new dippers as well. im quitting with you WildRiver.
I'm glad to see you are holding strong. My craves are still close to 100% of the time but a lot weaker than they were..

My fog has lifted the past 3 or 4 days and I feel pretty good. I am suing the fake stuff less and less, yesterday I had 1 fake dip and no beef jerky. I was eating around two large bags of jerky per day for the first 4 days.

I'm calling all this progress, sure it's slow progress but I will take it just the same.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »