Author Topic: Long time coming...  (Read 30003 times)

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Long time coming...
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2013, 08:00:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Jayhawk
Dave - srans is right on. Get ready for this shit and embrace it. It is something you WANT to remember. Because if you do, you won't want to go through this shit again. This is the suck. This is the fog. Some folks pull right through. I'm not going to bull shit you - mine took 30+ days.

But guys like srans and worktowin helped me pull through. We have all walked right down the path your on. Keep going - it only gets better.

In the mean time, remember - the fog is just a kick in the balls. It sucks for a while, but then it goes away.

And when it goes away - YOUR LIFE WILL BE BETTER. It is worth it. I'm right here with you - just like all these other quitters who have pulled for you over the past two days.

Embrace the suck like your life depends on it. Because it does.

-- Sorry for the post fup.  I must be feeling your fog!!!
Jayhawk is right. You want to remember how god awful this is right now. Because you have the power to never relive this part of your life. Just like your choices brought this on, your choices will make it go away. That fog is one long kick in the balls. Make sure you make this round count so you don't get kicked a second time.

I wish I had some inspirational words if a cure - but no words come to mind. Drink a lot of water. Exercise. Sleep. Exercise more. Try to keep yourself worn out. It will pass. When? Who knows. What I can tell you is... When the fog lifts everything looks different. Jayhawk and I had a pretty long case of the fog. Can you tell we are both pissed at what it did to us? And what WE allowed into our lives?

Get angry at what is being taken from you right now. And rejoice in the fact that you are doing the best thing for yourself imaginable. You are rescuing your health, taking back your freedom, and the pride you are going to feel as a result of overcoming this - man, it is worth the price of getting kicked in the balls. Tell everyone you meet - I'm kicking nicotine to the curb! This feeling you have right now... It does get better. Read jayhawks intro - and you can see the fog lifting. Stay the course!

You need anything, reach out. You will do this.
Everything these two wrote is dead on. I even like that jay put dave at the beginning. Dippen Dave doesn't exist. I'm seeing dave handle business. Dave likes freedom. Dippendave likes slavery. Dave is taking back his life and no longer spending his hard earned money on a filthy addictive poison that takes until there is nothing left to take.

Sleep is highly overrated anyways. The more your awake the more you can enjoy freedom. I'll quit with this guy dave anyday.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2013, 05:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Jayhawk
Dave - srans is right on. Get ready for this shit and embrace it. It is something you WANT to remember. Because if you do, you won't want to go through this shit again. This is the suck. This is the fog. Some folks pull right through. I'm not going to bull shit you - mine took 30+ days.

But guys like srans and worktowin helped me pull through. We have all walked right down the path your on. Keep going - it only gets better.

In the mean time, remember - the fog is just a kick in the balls. It sucks for a while, but then it goes away.

And when it goes away - YOUR LIFE WILL BE BETTER. It is worth it. I'm right here with you - just like all these other quitters who have pulled for you over the past two days.

-- Sorry for the post fup. I must be feeling your fog!!!
Jayhawk is right. You want to remember how god awful this is right now. Because you have the power to never relive this part of your life. Just like your choices brought this on, your choices will make it go away. That fog is one long kick in the balls. Make sure you make this round count so you don't get kicked a second time.

I wish I had some inspirational words if a cure - but no words come to mind. Drink a lot of water. Exercise. Sleep. Exercise more. Try to keep yourself worn out. It will pass. When? Who knows. What I can tell you is... When the fog lifts everything looks different. Jayhawk and I had a pretty long case of the fog. Can you tell we are both pissed at what it did to us? And what WE allowed into our lives?

Get angry at what is being taken from you right now. And rejoice in the fact that you are doing the best thing for yourself imaginable. You are rescuing your health, taking back your freedom, and the pride you are going to feel as a result of overcoming this - man, it is worth the price of getting kicked in the balls. Tell everyone you meet - I'm kicking nicotine to the curb! This feeling you have right now... It does get better. Read jayhawks intro - and you can see the fog lifting. Stay the course!

You need anything, reach out. You will do this.

Offline Jayhawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »

-- Sorry for the post fup. I must be feeling your fog!!!
The fog is just one long kick in the balls.

Quit 5/15/13
HOF 8/22/13

Offline Jayhawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2013, 02:04:00 PM »
Quote from: DippinDave911
i just ordered some Bacc Off to help when im craving
Yesterday was something I see. congrats on making it the day. I got good news and bad news.

Good news,, It don't get no worse then yesterday!

Bad news,, Probably going to be a lot of the same!

Brother, the first 72 are not easy,, they are ALMOST unbearable. After that it's all mental. Now you notice I put almost in caps. I did that because 1000's have went through this and so can you. Your no different then me, diesel, cleanfuel and everyone else that has hit your intro. We are all quitters and had to go through the same things you are and will go through.

I, personally am so glad I went through it. I love my new life. I will gladly speak for each of these guys and say that if you asked they would say the same.

Every time those craves hit today ask yourself. Am I worth It??

Your answer, I hope is yes, I am worth it! Your worth the craves, your worth the insomnia, your worth the brain games.

I make one promise! Everything gets so much better and in time you will kick yourself right in the ass for ever saying yes to this poison. Quit with you. Check your inbox.

The fog is just one long kick in the balls.

Quit 5/15/13
HOF 8/22/13

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2013, 01:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: derk40
slept like crap last night. woke up ever couple hours sweating like crazy. extremely tired today. cant get motivated to do anything. thankfully work starts in three hours so ill have something to do. feel like im awake in a dream. everything is fuzzy around the edges... no real cravings so far. i dont think ive woken up enough to want some. ODAAT.
Stay strong today bro. U said you don't feel like doing anything. Well, I want u to focus your efforts on one thing today. That is staying quit! You are foggy, tired, and feeling like garbage. Your number 1 priority for today is staying clean. If you do that one thing i promise your day will be a success. U can do it. I know you can. Hold the ground you have fought for already!
embrace the suck. the poison is leaving your system. remember this how awful you are feeling....NAFAR never again for any reason. drink lots of water cranberry juice...push through and dont give an inch of ground you clawed for.

PM me if you need anything
This is you earning your freedom... Dig it.
I was useless for the entire first month.

It sounds like everything is going as it should. Keep fighting. It gets better.
She knows your are serious and boy is she pissed. Keep pissing her off and victory is yours.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2013, 01:28:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
slept like crap last night. woke up ever couple hours sweating like crazy. extremely tired today. cant get motivated to do anything. thankfully work starts in three hours so ill have something to do. feel like im awake in a dream. everything is fuzzy around the edges... no real cravings so far. i dont think ive woken up enough to want some. ODAAT.
Stay strong today bro. U said you don't feel like doing anything. Well, I want u to focus your efforts on one thing today. That is staying quit! You are foggy, tired, and feeling like garbage. Your number 1 priority for today is staying clean. If you do that one thing i promise your day will be a success. U can do it. I know you can. Hold the ground you have fought for already!
embrace the suck. the poison is leaving your system. remember this how awful you are feeling....NAFAR never again for any reason. drink lots of water cranberry juice...push through and dont give an inch of ground you clawed for.

I was useless for the entire first month.

It sounds like everything is going as it should. Keep fighting. It gets better.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »

Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2013, 12:19:00 PM »
FOG ALERT! Remember this, you don't ever want to experience it again. Quit on brother. You got this.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2013, 12:19:00 PM »
you are experiencing what we like to call the fog or the suck...it sucks and you are foggy! Just take it one 1/2 hour at a time...drink a lot of water chew a lot of gum etc. You'll get through it fine.
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2013, 12:10:00 PM »

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2013, 01:26:00 AM »
had a surprisingly easy going day. went to a party where poison users were present and wasnt the least bit tempted to bum a pinch. back to work tomoro, so lets see how my body handles that stress again. had a good weekend all in all though. thank you to my supporters. stayin quitted. :huh:

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »
so far today is going surprisingly well. didnt have any cravings all morning till i logged on KTC. oh the irony. anyway found a pouch of redman golden blend today. accidently dropped it out the window on the road today. oops. ;)

well time to go fishing. ill try out walmart for the smokey mountain. only reason i didnt order that one was the price, although i would love to have something long cut. that oregon mint i tried a year ago made me never want to quit again. ive heard bacc off is pretty fine cut, but its just for when i get those terrible cravings.

thank you everyone for your continuing support. im quit
I use smokey mountain mint myself. It really helps me when craves get bad. Use whatever you need to use to stay quit. Eventually your use of fake stuff will decline as well. I will quit with you anyday bro.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
so far today is going surprisingly well. didnt have any cravings all morning till i logged on KTC. oh the irony. anyway found a pouch of redman golden blend today. accidently dropped it out the window on the road today. oops. ;)

well time to go fishing. ill try out walmart for the smokey mountain. only reason i didnt order that one was the price, although i would love to have something long cut. that oregon mint i tried a year ago made me never want to quit again. ive heard bacc off is pretty fine cut, but its just for when i get those terrible cravings.

thank you everyone for your continuing support. im quit