Author Topic: Long time coming...  (Read 29960 times)

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Long time coming...
« Reply #261 on: October 21, 2013, 01:19:00 PM »
Quote from: DippinDave911
Quote from: LionHeartedGirl
I suggest you put a hyperlink to it in your signature. :) Lots of people will click those and also if you want to reference it in the future, you can just tell someone "Hey, check out the Pack Mentality link in my sig."
great idea, hadnt even thought of that. thank you.

is there a way to view only that specific post? otherwise the link goes to the last page of the entire thread...
Because you can't create a hyperlink for a single post, you might actually have to make it part of your HOF speech come November. Otherwise you'll have a hyperlink for your entire introduction (which some people do have) but because people can set the post limit themselves, what might be on "page 14" for you might actually be on page 3 for me.
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Quit Date: 5/23/13
HOF: 8/30/13

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
« Reply #260 on: October 21, 2013, 01:03:00 PM »
Quote from: LionHeartedGirl
I suggest you put a hyperlink to it in your signature. :) Lots of people will click those and also if you want to reference it in the future, you can just tell someone "Hey, check out the Pack Mentality link in my sig."
great idea, hadnt even thought of that. thank you.

is there a way to view only that specific post? otherwise the link goes to the last page of the entire thread...

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #259 on: October 21, 2013, 12:22:00 PM »
thanks LHG for explaining that. wasnt really sure how that worked. was trying to find somewhere that more people would see it than buried in an intro.
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #258 on: October 21, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »
thanks LHG for explaining that. wasnt really sure how that worked. was trying to find somewhere that more people would see it than buried in an intro.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #257 on: October 21, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing this Dave, the pack analogy is certainly appropriate for KTC  it works wonders.

Offline LionHeartedGirl

• Quitter
« Reply #256 on: October 21, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »
Words of Wisdom is generally something someone else nominates, not something that you ask for yourself. It's considered an honor.

Great thoughts though... Glad to see you get it. :)
QUIT LIKE A GIRL!

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #255 on: October 21, 2013, 03:01:00 AM »
(If at all possible, could this be posted into Words of Wisdom) Hang in there ladies, its gonna be a long one....

Understanding the Wolf Pack Mentality

In nature, wolves form packs for a variety of reasons. Stability. Order. Survival. (To name a few)

Stability. "All for one, and one for all." -Alexandre Dumas (The Three Musketeers) Just like wolves work together to survive, every quitter here relies on his brothers. On members of his pack, so to speak. You are here to quit. If you stumble, someone will help you up. Ask, and you shall receive. Every brother here will go out of his way to help you. We are a community, a pack. When we work together, we are unstoppable.

Order. “Chaos often breeds life, when order breeds habit.” -Henry Brooks Adams Without order, a pack would not exist. This community would not exist. Order is the glue that keeps us together. Stick to the KTC recipe, and you will get a perfect result every time. "If it aint broke, dont fix it." The hard work has been done for you; Simply walk in the tracks left by those who went before you. Everyone has their place. Step in line, drink the KTC kool-aide, rinse-repeat.

Survival. “He who cannot change the very fabric of his thought will never be able to change reality, and will never, therefore, make any progress." -Anwar Sadat Taking the step towards quitting dip is the best thing you will have ever done for yourself. Look at it like this; If wolves do not eat, they will die. If you do not quit dip, you will die. I know, its a rough comparison, but you get the point. KTC has all the tools you need to survive, you just have to use them. (Dont forget to eat, drink and breathe though.)

These three traits help hold a pack together. They also help hold this community together. We help one another in our quits. We drink the kool-aide. And we post roll every damn day. Stability, Order, Survival. You cannot have one or the other. This is a package deal and they all work in unison to achieve one goal.

Just remember, there are two sides to every coin.

So you've been on the site for awhile. Your quit is going strong, you feel great. Maybe some of these thoughts are going through your nicotine deprived mind:
  • Posting roll is such a pain.
  • Im cured.
  • I've been clean for 6 weeks, I can do this on my own.
Uh-oh. If you are thinking any of these thoughts, take a step back now. Protect your survival. After all, these thoughts are nothing more than the Nic B*tch whispering to you. You've deprived her of your company for so long she will pull all sorts of nasty tricks to win you back. If you are at this point, you are walking a fine line between The Wolf Pack and The Lone Wolf. Real Life and Death stuff here.

Lone Wolf
About 50 days into my quit, I thought I could do it alone. I made no real effort to post roll, I was constantly picking fights with anyone who would fight back. Screw the brotherhood, the hell with the kool-aide, I dont need a site to be quit.
Instability
Chaos
Extinction

Instability. “I want a 100% kind of relationship, and I’m willing to give it 50%.
” -Jarod Kintz As soon as you walk away, you lose the support of everyone. You are just what you set off to be, alone. When the cravings hit, you are alone in your endeavor. No one is there to guide you through the fog, no one is there to lend a hand when you need it most. You are ALONE.

Chaos. “In chaos, there is fertility.” - Anaïs Nin And in fertility looms a dark and inviting cave. For the cave is the home of the Nic B*tch. She will your guide in the collapse of your quit. The cave seems oddly inviting, there is a familiarity about it.

Extinction. “Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.” -Carl Sagan Once you enter the cave, you are selling your soul to the devil. You will die. Plain and simple.

If going lone wolf was such a grand idea, dont you think we would all be doing it? Fact is, you cant do it. Not no way, not no how. Surely there is that one in a million guy that can, but do you really want to risk your life that its you?

Fear not! All is not lost. Simply take a step back. Utilize the tools at your disposal. Own your quit. Post roll every damn day! Talk to your brothers. Fact is, every last one of these guys has gone through the same thoughts you are having right now!

Dont be a special butterfly... Be an appreciated member of the pack! As much as you need us, we need you.

Read, read and read. And when your done reading, read some more. Read until your eyes are bleeding so bad you have something else to think about than walking away. Its simply not worth it.

Get your brothers numbers. Call them up, text them, do what it takes to strengthen your quit. Cause when your quit is strong, the pack is stronger for it.

Understand the Wolf Pack Mentality. If you're not already, become a proud member of our pack and QLF! If you're walking that line, think about what you have to lose.

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #254 on: October 20, 2013, 11:47:00 PM »
thanks AJ!

how do you post in words of wisdom? should i just post it here and let a mod move it? thanks
dd

edit: alright i got it. just post here and mods will put it up. (hopefully)

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #253 on: October 20, 2013, 10:45:00 PM »
Dave... I'm hopping back on the site after being on vacation for about 3 weeks. I'm just catching up on things. I gotta say I am very pleased to see your change of heart/mind over the last few weeks. I had just about given up on you bro. I tried to be a text partner with you from the beginning but, well, you sucked :) It was all one-sided on my part. To see you come around and buy in has done my heart good. Proud of man and... It's about damn time! You have my number ~ use it if you need.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #252 on: October 20, 2013, 10:29:00 PM »
Hey guys!

Just wanted to thank those who posted on my behalf this weekend. Had a really busy saturday and sunday, with sunday partaking in the 2013 Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Altogether we raised $588,567! Here's to hoping one day we can find a cure for this and ensure more people get to see their next birthday!

Also, thanks Remshot for adding cowboy1-004168.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smileys-cowboy-004168.gif' /!--endemo--

hmm...^^^wtf?

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #251 on: October 18, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »
quick question. im looking at the store at HOF coins. theres the coin itself, then theres the customizable one.

if i click the custom one it says PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT the Hall of Fame coin itself. This is the engraving. Hall of Fame coins are sold separately.

Im just confused I guess. Do i get the coin with the blank back or do i get the custom one and not have a front? seems kind of pointless to have two one sided coins.

thanks
d
Buy the coin.

If you want it ^^^^^ engraved buy the engraving option.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Sgt12

• Quitter
« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2013, 05:37:00 AM »
This thread has been an up and down ride. Wow!

Dave, I am happy to be QLF with you!
Cave: 11/28/13
New Quit Date: 11/29/13

Don't ever get complacent.

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
« Reply #249 on: October 18, 2013, 02:17:00 AM »
quick question. im looking at the store at HOF coins. theres the coin itself, then theres the customizable one.

if i click the custom one it says PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT the Hall of Fame coin itself. This is the engraving. Hall of Fame coins are sold separately.

Im just confused I guess. Do i get the coin with the blank back or do i get the custom one and not have a front? seems kind of pointless to have two one sided coins.

thanks
d

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #248 on: October 17, 2013, 07:25:00 PM »
CORN NUTS

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #247 on: October 16, 2013, 11:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: rickddd
Wow, I'm really happy to see you're back here Dave, and that you are still quit!
You're even posting support in new quitter intros!  Really proud of your efforts and turn-around, Dave!!! You have my full support. Quit with you today! Just shoot me a PM if you need another number.

Rick
If NoDippinDave or now "Keyboard Cowboy" hadn't shared his number with me himself I would have almost sworn that someone hacked his shit and is now quitting for him.

Dude, you are an inspirational story. Came back quit and is not only drinking the KTC Kool-Aide but is dishing it out as well.

I am damn glad to see you back with a vengeance brother, keep up the good quit!

P.S. you and dabean... 'getaroom'
Speaking of dabean, if you check his spreadsheet in the Nov group, you'll see that Dave has been a 100% poster for the last week since coming back. That's pretty dang badass!