• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I quit
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2013, 09:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: 2mch2lv4
I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF YOUR ADVICE!!

After work today I caught my 17 year old son with a dip in his lip. I asked him if that was what I thought it was. He hung is head and said yes. I walked back into the house. I have not said anything else to him yet. I've already printed up Outdoor Texans story as well as Sean Marsee's accompanied by photos of them both. I have yet to give them to him.

My kids know everything about my quit. They preached at me for years to quit smoking and were so proud of me when I finally did in July 2012. They saw how hard it was and I even share with them on days that I have craves. I've let them know that I will always be an addict and I am the only one to blame. I was young and stupid and never should have taken that first drag.

I had hoped they would learn by my mistakes and not battle this horrible addiction themselves. Some of you know that my 19 year old daughter picked up smoking a while back and finally pulled her head out of her ass and quit a couple months ago. NOW THIS! Besides beating the shit out of him, please give opinion/advice. I'm in need of guidance here. His father was a dipper for many years and is now a smoker. I honestly feel like I'm alone on this one.
I was going to say kick his ass several times but you did say "besides" so I agree with printing the horror stories of real life consequences. You also have a few quitters in your phone book and I bet more than a few would be willing to talk to him. Sorry you have to deal with this.
I am so sorry 2mch. That is horrible news :(

I have 9 and 7 year old boys and it is my mission in life to protect them from the evils of addiction. Despite our best efforts and intentions these kids have their own free will. You can express your sincere and loving concern to him. You can share the knowledge you have acquired. You can tell him how damn stupid he is being. But no matter what, it is his choice and you cannot control him. Just be there for him, nag him to death, don't let up on the fear factor pics, stories, etc. Tell his doctor and dentist. Tell him what he will pay for health insurance and life insurance. Tell him how addictive it is. Tell him to quit while he can, because there will come a day when he will want to quit but cannot.

You know what to do and it is more important than most of the things mentioned above. Stay quit, and let your personal freedom from nicotine be the example for him to follow.

If you need to anything, do not hesitate. I will talk to your son anytime. I am sure that any of these guys would.
Just show him the pics and hope it does some good. At that age i was told many times about cancer. But i was bulletproof. Bottom line is punish gim because he IS under age. But as far as quitting. Hopwfully he learns before its too late. He has to be ready and want it.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2013, 09:01:00 PM »
Quote from: Evil_Won

After work today I caught my 17 year old son with a dip in his lip. I asked him if that was what I thought it was. He hung is head and said yes. I walked back into the house. I have not said anything else to him yet. I've already printed up Outdoor Texans story as well as Sean Marsee's accompanied by photos of them both. I have yet to give them to him.

My kids know everything about my quit. They preached at me for years to quit smoking and were so proud of me when I finally did in July 2012. They saw how hard it was and I even share with them on days that I have craves. I've let them know that I will always be an addict and I am the only one to blame. I was young and stupid and never should have taken that first drag.

I had hoped they would learn by my mistakes and not battle this horrible addiction themselves. Some of you know that my 19 year old daughter picked up smoking a while back and finally pulled her head out of her ass and quit a couple months ago. NOW THIS! Besides beating the shit out of him, please give opinion/advice. I'm in need of guidance here. His father was a dipper for many years and is now a smoker. I honestly feel like I'm alone on this one.
I was going to say kick his ass several times but you did say "besides" so I agree with printing the horror stories of real life consequences. You also have a few quitters in your phone book and I bet more than a few would be willing to talk to him. Sorry you have to deal with this.
I am so sorry 2mch. That is horrible news :(

I have 9 and 7 year old boys and it is my mission in life to protect them from the evils of addiction. Despite our best efforts and intentions these kids have their own free will. You can express your sincere and loving concern to him. You can share the knowledge you have acquired. You can tell him how damn stupid he is being. But no matter what, it is his choice and you cannot control him. Just be there for him, nag him to death, don't let up on the fear factor pics, stories, etc. Tell his doctor and dentist. Tell him what he will pay for health insurance and life insurance. Tell him how addictive it is. Tell him to quit while he can, because there will come a day when he will want to quit but cannot.

You know what to do and it is more important than most of the things mentioned above. Stay quit, and let your personal freedom from nicotine be the example for him to follow.

If you need to anything, do not hesitate. I will talk to your son anytime. I am sure that any of these guys would.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2013, 07:47:00 PM »

"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2013, 07:14:00 PM »

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2013, 06:50:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: wastepanel
I'm super excited about some new emoticons...

This one will get used so darn much on this site if used properly.
:deadhorse:

This one is long over due. More drama queens on this site than the girls at the high school where I work.
:DQ:

But my favorite that L00T made just for me and my girls....
:channing:

Thanks L00T, you're a doll!
Hey 2mch, congrats on 1 year and I like your recent post with the icons.

I understand the deadhorse icon.

The dramaqueen one make sense too.

What I can't understand is why you photoshopped some guys head onto my body. And why is Loot in on this? Anyway, I am glad you are so excited about it.
So that explains the photo session I had to sit.for.
svelte Waste !!!Looks like the running is paying off

wipe the 'drool' 224
Hubba hubba!! 'drool'

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2013, 06:49:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel

This one is long over due. More drama queens on this site than the girls at the high school where I work.

What I can't understand is why you photoshopped some guys head onto my body. And why is Loot in on this? Anyway, I am glad you are so excited about it.
svelte Waste !!!Looks like the running is paying off

wipe the 'drool' 224
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2013, 06:43:00 PM »

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2013, 05:56:00 PM »

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2013, 06:25:00 PM »
Quote from: KKLJINC
I have been free from nicotine for over a year now and have never felt better! In the beginning I wondered how in the world I could continue to not smoke simply by promising a bunch of Internet strangers that I would not use nicotine. I mean… what about when I drink? What about when I have a bad day?  What am I supposed to do when someone has one in front of me and I’m too weak to fight the craves? Through this site, I quickly learned that all we have to do is quit one day at a time. Once you make your promise not to use… you don’t use that day. Worrying about anything other than today can cause you to fail. That can be enough for some people but for me it just was not enough. I can keep a promise, but I did not have to make it every day. What keeps me coming back first thing every morning to make my promise are the relationships I have formed with the good people within this community.
I have met so many great people through KTC. Getting to know them and actually becoming friends has made the difference between quitting and stopping for me. These quitters are a part of my daily life. We connect and share with each other about our worlds. When I am excited about something great that has happened in my life, my quitter friends are usually the first to know. When something bad has happened and IÂ’m angry or sad, once again, my quitter friends are the first to know. They are the backbone of my quit. Without them IÂ’d probably find other things to do than post roll every morning and eventually I would not remember or wouldnÂ’t care that IÂ’m an addict. I would be tempted by the bitch and instead of reaching out to a quit brother or sister I would have that one drag that would turn me into a full time smoker again.
Making friends with quitters (vets, people in my group as well as new quitters still in the fog) has made my quit what it is today…378 days and going strong.  So many things have happened in my life over the last year. I have come full circle in my quit. I have made it through every holiday and special occasion without nicotine. I have dealt with grief, death, sadness, anger, hurt, disappointment and any other negative feeling you can imagine without nicotine. I have also experienced many good things over the last year and I did it all without nicotine. I am not saying that there will never be a crave or another bad day in my future. I am saying that I am confident that with the tools I’ve obtained from KTC I will be able to get through them just fine without nicotine as long as I promise daily to quit with you all. I have armed myself with the greatest weapons to fight the bitch…Other badass quitters!
Whether on day 2 or 2,000 remember....ItÂ’s not the size of your quit that matters rather the desire and devotion you have to do whatever it takes to maintain it!
224, you are such a bad ass!!! I am proud to know you! Hell I am glad I quit, just so I could learn what a bad ass you are!!!!
I won't ever cross you, not only are you a bad ass quitter but one hell of a shot (only your daughter was better). Meeting quitters like you have strengthened my quit!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2013, 06:22:00 PM »
I have been free from nicotine for over a year now and have never felt better! In the beginning I wondered how in the world I could continue to not smoke simply by promising a bunch of Internet strangers that I would not use nicotine. I meanÂ… what about when I drink? What about when I have a bad day? What am I supposed to do when someone has one in front of me and IÂ’m too weak to fight the craves? Through this site, I quickly learned that all we have to do is quit one day at a time. Once you make your promise not to useÂ… you donÂ’t use that day. Worrying about anything other than today can cause you to fail. That can be enough for some people but for me it just was not enough. I can keep a promise, but I did not have to make it every day. What keeps me coming back first thing every morning to make my promise are the relationships I have formed with the good people within this community.
I have met so many great people through KTC. Getting to know them and actually becoming friends has made the difference between quitting and stopping for me. These quitters are a part of my daily life. We connect and share with each other about our worlds. When I am excited about something great that has happened in my life, my quitter friends are usually the first to know. When something bad has happened and IÂ’m angry or sad, once again, my quitter friends are the first to know. They are the backbone of my quit. Without them IÂ’d probably find other things to do than post roll every morning and eventually I would not remember or wouldnÂ’t care that IÂ’m an addict. I would be tempted by the bitch and instead of reaching out to a quit brother or sister I would have that one drag that would turn me into a full time smoker again.
Making friends with quitters (vets, people in my group as well as new quitters still in the fog) has made my quit what it is todayÂ…378 days and going strong. So many things have happened in my life over the last year. I have come full circle in my quit. I have made it through every holiday and special occasion without nicotine. I have dealt with grief, death, sadness, anger, hurt, disappointment and any other negative feeling you can imagine without nicotine. I have also experienced many good things over the last year and I did it all without nicotine. I am not saying that there will never be a crave or another bad day in my future. I am saying that I am confident that with the tools IÂ’ve obtained from KTC I will be able to get through them just fine without nicotine as long as I promise daily to quit with you all. I have armed myself with the greatest weapons to fight the bitchÂ…Other badass quitters!
Whether on day 2 or 2,000 remember....ItÂ’s not the size of your quit that matters rather the desire and devotion you have to do whatever it takes to maintain it!
'clap'

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
I have been free from nicotine for over a year now and have never felt better! In the beginning I wondered how in the world I could continue to not smoke simply by promising a bunch of Internet strangers that I would not use nicotine. I meanÂ… what about when I drink? What about when I have a bad day? What am I supposed to do when someone has one in front of me and IÂ’m too weak to fight the craves? Through this site, I quickly learned that all we have to do is quit one day at a time. Once you make your promise not to useÂ… you donÂ’t use that day. Worrying about anything other than today can cause you to fail. That can be enough for some people but for me it just was not enough. I can keep a promise, but I did not have to make it every day. What keeps me coming back first thing every morning to make my promise are the relationships I have formed with the good people within this community.
Making friends with quitters (vets, people in my group as well as new quitters still in the fog) has made my quit what it is todayÂ…378 days and going strong. So many things have happened in my life over the last year. I have come full circle in my quit. I have made it through every holiday and special occasion without nicotine. I have dealt with grief, death, sadness, anger, hurt, disappointment and any other negative feeling you can imagine without nicotine. I have also experienced many good things over the last year and I did it all without nicotine. I am not saying that there will never be a crave or another bad day in my future. I am saying that I am confident that with the tools IÂ’ve obtained from KTC I will be able to get through them just fine without nicotine as long as I promise daily to quit with you all. I have armed myself with the greatest weapons to fight the bitchÂ…Other badass quitters!
224, you are such a bad ass!!! I am proud to know you! Hell I am glad I quit, just so I could learn what a bad ass you are!!!!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
Quote from: traumagnet
I have been free from nicotine for over a year now and have never felt better! In the beginning I wondered how in the world I could continue to not smoke simply by promising a bunch of Internet strangers that I would not use nicotine. I mean… what about when I drink? What about when I have a bad day?  What am I supposed to do when someone has one in front of me and I’m too weak to fight the craves? Through this site, I quickly learned that all we have to do is quit one day at a time. Once you make your promise not to use… you don’t use that day. Worrying about anything other than today can cause you to fail. That can be enough for some people but for me it just was not enough. I can keep a promise, but I did not have to make it every day. What keeps me coming back first thing every morning to make my promise are the relationships I have formed with the good people within this community.
Making friends with quitters (vets, people in my group as well as new quitters still in the fog) has made my quit what it is today…378 days and going strong.  So many things have happened in my life over the last year. I have come full circle in my quit. I have made it through every holiday and special occasion without nicotine. I have dealt with grief, death, sadness, anger, hurt, disappointment and any other negative feeling you can imagine without nicotine. I have also experienced many good things over the last year and I did it all without nicotine. I am not saying that there will never be a crave or another bad day in my future. I am saying that I am confident that with the tools I’ve obtained from KTC I will be able to get through them just fine without nicotine as long as I promise daily to quit with you all. I have armed myself with the greatest weapons to fight the bitch…Other badass quitters!
nice read 2mch you have a lot to be proud of quit with you today!
That's what its all about. Great read and proud to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »
nice read 2mch you have a lot to be proud of quit with you today!
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 03:40:00 PM »