Author Topic: The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Croakenhagen

• Rawktober 2018
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?
  • Quit Date: 6-27-2018
  • Interests: That sweet freedom in quitting!
  • Likes Given: 785
Re: The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later
« Reply #62 on: Today at 12:20:55 AM »
Anyone seen Hundy? I heard BluManChew Nine Hundy?
Wait...Well...OK...so that doesn't really work at all. Anyway, Congratulations!

Way to kick ass Rob, proud to be in your corner!!
Thx @Skolvikings !
C9ngratulations BMC !!! Badassery
Congrats man on 900! Well deserved and PTBQWYT!
5th Floor - November 8, 2019
4th Floor - July 31, 2019
3rd Floor - April 22, 2019
2nd Floor - January 12, 2019
HOF - October 4, 2018
Quit - June 27, 2018
It is Just the Beginning
It's not going to be easy, but it's going to be worth it!

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 534
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2020, 04:38:23 PM »

Thx @Skolvikings !
C9ngratulations BMC !!! Badassery
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline BluManChew

• Quitter
    • [b]The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later
  • Quit Date: October 8, 2017
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2020, 09:42:18 AM »

Thx @Skolvikings

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 766
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2020, 07:10:41 PM »

Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 973
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2020, 06:52:08 PM »
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq….

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Addict
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2020, 06:51:10 PM »
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq….

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Addict
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2020, 09:07:46 PM »
How many reasons to continue dipping can you list off?

1) Chicks dig it - Nothing says panties off like smokeless tobacco and a mullet
2) Everybody's gotta die of something - I wanna go out with half my face rotting off
3) I've so much cash I just don't know what to do with it - blowing it on carcinogens seems like a great investment

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech

Offline BluManChew

• Quitter
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2020, 10:36:41 PM »
Dear Guest

How many reasons to continue dipping can you list off?

1)
2)
3)

Offline BluManChew

• Quitter
Re: Ode to March 2019 - Posted Some Time Ago
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2020, 06:54:30 PM »
So, for all you newbs and retreads who have butt hurt tendencies. (original written to March 19

So, an honest question:  What's it like to cave?  I don't mean pre-KTC where you stopped for a period of time (like we all have).  I mean like when you count on a few - if not several - quit sis' and bros, and they count on you, for daily and sometimes hourly support.  I mean, people here lean on eachother when they don't feel like theirs backs won't break by the fatigue of an early bombardment. 

An assault of crave after crave after nag after bitch after nag that is meant for nothing but to demoralize.  But only if it gains ground and wins and only if you let it happen.  The choice to lose or win this battle is entirely yours.

But in choosing this path to quit-dom, we thereby open ourselves up to an uncomfortable humility that all but forbids us to simply ask for help.  To ask for accountability from you and thus ask to have your trust in this battle.  You let me take your six.  You let me take your quit rage.  You call me at 3AM if you have to.  You can trust me.

By engaging in this forum you are asking for trust and at the same time to be trusted.  This isn't some fucking cult like many have said here before they ghosted.  This is a group of men and women who came to a realization they their lives and the lives of the ones that cared for them are negatively impacted in more ways to count.  This is a group of men and women who entered asking "can i trust you?" to "you can trust me."

Cavers here violate that trust.  Many of you newbs wonder about the harsh treatment retreads get.  And even say the b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bully word.  If your underwear is not twisting on a flag pole, you are not being bullied.  If you not upside down having the coins shaken out of your pockets, you are not being bullied.

Here you are being held accountable.  This is what it looks like.  Like it or not, it always will

I’ll tell you what, you spew a lot of overconfidence and you should watch yourself, because my cave wasn’t so transparent. I left this site with a strong quit and no intention on going back, but I look back on it and see nothing but an arrogant asswipe. Who thought he was impenetrable. Nicotine didn’t come back into my life easily, I fought it, it wasn’t a moment where Nicotine opened my door and said HEY MIND IF I COME IN?? It was so much more subtle, it was so sneaky and I had no suspicion that it would even be relevant to me ever again.

Slowly the door opened more and more and I didn’t even know who it was.... I just kept watching the creeping door slowly open.... not knowing who was doing it.

Part of me let it open, part of me wanted to see if I was truly as impenetrable as I felt, I felt bullet proof. Looking back on it all, I realize it was me opening that door and no one else. I was allowing everything that happened to happen. Here I am, back at it again. A retreat in my opinion is somewhat honorable, it takes a very intelligent human being to be able to fail forward. Not saying you should be okay with failure at all, but if you do, do you just give up?

There’s another thing to be said about someone who has never failed in their entire life.... and that’s called fiction.

But also I had no accountability.... this site was nothing but a bunch of numbers online to me at 1200 days. Don’t let it become that, and even if you do decide to leave this site. Take some numbers and contacts with you....

Very well stated, @Daviddim , and i appreciate your in site and forthrightness in your struggle to stay quit even at 1,200 Days.

It's an eye opener to guys like me who are approaching 900 days quit, and i am painfully aware that one bad choice and all that goes away. I am fully aware that any thought about dip is a choice.  Right now, dip is nothing to me, and mostly don't even notice it when i'm at the store buying gum or something.

Anyways, keep up the quit and don't let a cave get you down, rather use that a fuel to push through day by god damned day every god damned day.

PTBQWY, my friend.

BMC 893

Offline Daviddim

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2020-02-05
  • Likes Given: 99
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2020, 11:04:49 PM »
So, for all you newbs and retreads who have butt hurt tendencies. (original written to March 19

So, an honest question:  What's it like to cave?  I don't mean pre-KTC where you stopped for a period of time (like we all have).  I mean like when you count on a few - if not several - quit sis' and bros, and they count on you, for daily and sometimes hourly support.  I mean, people here lean on eachother when they don't feel like theirs backs won't break by the fatigue of an early bombardment. 

An assault of crave after crave after nag after bitch after nag that is meant for nothing but to demoralize.  But only if it gains ground and wins and only if you let it happen.  The choice to lose or win this battle is entirely yours.

But in choosing this path to quit-dom, we thereby open ourselves up to an uncomfortable humility that all but forbids us to simply ask for help.  To ask for accountability from you and thus ask to have your trust in this battle.  You let me take your six.  You let me take your quit rage.  You call me at 3AM if you have to.  You can trust me.

By engaging in this forum you are asking for trust and at the same time to be trusted.  This isn't some fucking cult like many have said here before they ghosted.  This is a group of men and women who came to a realization they their lives and the lives of the ones that cared for them are negatively impacted in more ways to count.  This is a group of men and women who entered asking "can i trust you?" to "you can trust me."

Cavers here violate that trust.  Many of you newbs wonder about the harsh treatment retreads get.  And even say the b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bully word.  If your underwear is not twisting on a flag pole, you are not being bullied.  If you not upside down having the coins shaken out of your pockets, you are not being bullied.

Here you are being held accountable.  This is what it looks like.  Like it or not, it always will

I’ll tell you what, you spew a lot of overconfidence and you should watch yourself, because my cave wasn’t so transparent. I left this site with a strong quit and no intention on going back, but I look back on it and see nothing but an arrogant asswipe. Who thought he was impenetrable. Nicotine didn’t come back into my life easily, I fought it, it wasn’t a moment where Nicotine opened my door and said HEY MIND IF I COME IN?? It was so much more subtle, it was so sneaky and I had no suspicion that it would even be relevant to me ever again.

Slowly the door opened more and more and I didn’t even know who it was.... I just kept watching the creeping door slowly open.... not knowing who was doing it.

Part of me let it open, part of me wanted to see if I was truly as impenetrable as I felt, I felt bullet proof. Looking back on it all, I realize it was me opening that door and no one else. I was allowing everything that happened to happen. Here I am, back at it again. A retreat in my opinion is somewhat honorable, it takes a very intelligent human being to be able to fail forward. Not saying you should be okay with failure at all, but if you do, do you just give up?

There’s another thing to be said about someone who has never failed in their entire life.... and that’s called fiction.

But also I had no accountability.... this site was nothing but a bunch of numbers online to me at 1200 days. Don’t let it become that, and even if you do decide to leave this site. Take some numbers and contacts with you....
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:16:36 PM by Daviddim »

Offline BluManChew

• Quitter
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2020, 08:27:45 PM »

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 08:29:54 PM by BluManChew »

Offline BluManChew

• Quitter
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2020, 04:04:54 PM »
Textual Chocolates:

~~~Ah the economy of a crisis.

~~~This is the Walmart near my house. Had to stop for some cokes and Robitussin. They TP isle was empty and so was most of the medicine isle. It was ridiculous ~~~ Croak

~~~Hahaha.  And to make matters worse Alex Jones went to jail for a DUI

~~~Not Surprised there~~~Croak.

~~~What a fucking clown fiesta this is.

~~~Fucking ridiculous~~~Croak.

~~~Rick Grimes thinks we're all a bunch of overreacting pussies

~~~I'm going to make a shirt that says," it's okay to shake my hand I just washed my testicles"

~~~Yes, I'll take one of those lmfao ~~~Croak

BMC 891
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 04:08:56 PM by BluManChew »

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 190
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2019, 05:29:54 PM »
Day late congrats on 800! 

Offline BluManChew

• Quitter
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2019, 04:47:07 PM »
Anyone seen Hundy? I heard BMC ate 'im.  That's right, BMC ate Hundy!!
Congrats brother!
Thx @69franx ! & @Athan !

Offline 69franx

• Quit King
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 5065
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2019, 07:30:10 PM »
Anyone seen Hundy? I heard BMC ate 'im.  That's right, BMC ate Hundy!!
Congrats brother!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20