Author Topic: I"m in- just found my way  (Read 31623 times)

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: I"m in- just found my way
« Reply #300 on: March 06, 2015, 10:15:00 AM »
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: Smeds
Congrats on the 500th bro, proud to quit with you EDD!! 'clap'
Congrats on 500 my quit brother and day twin. I am glad to have you as a brother and friend.
DITTO!!!
I wouldn't be here still without your support Brett. Congrats Brother!

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #299 on: March 06, 2015, 09:41:00 AM »
Congrats on 500 my quit brother and day twin. I am glad to have you as a brother and friend.
DITTO!!!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #298 on: March 06, 2015, 09:10:00 AM »
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #297 on: March 06, 2015, 08:35:00 AM »
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #296 on: December 19, 2014, 10:07:00 AM »
Quote from: THansen2413
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: brettlees
I'm going to post up some gems of quotes i've collected over time- maybe they can inspire someone like they have me. Or may you laugh like I did, in some cases.....

- Soon you will see that can for what it really is. That can is a liar, a bully, a narcissistic bitch, a killer and will steal everything you claim is important to you. MThomas 5-20-14 on Clutchski

- ThatÂ’s not lost that youÂ’re feeling. ItÂ’s freedom. You just donÂ’t know how to deal with it yet. AppleJack on Alwaysdipping 2-19-14

- Nicotine leads to desolation, isolation, and death. Quitting leads to freedom, brotherhood, and life. Steakbomb 5/1/14 on ApogeeAmmo

- I used to make excuses for dippingÂ….I now make excuses as to why I WILL NOT dip, why I must stay quit, why I must have truth, honesty and full disclosure in all of my relationships, I make excuses as to why I MUST post roll every day, excuses as to why I have to keep my daily PROMISE. Excuses as to why I must protect my integrity. Sensei Apr 7 2010

- I have strung a web of accountability in here so deep that if I disappear I know there will be a damned manhunt for me. Pinched Dec 6 2013

- The moment we remain fully and completely accountable for our actions we win. We are not unique and special butterflies; we are drug addicts. Drug addicts with free will, the power of choice. Scowick Dec 6 2013

- Birds top ten in Words of Wisdom

- Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice skoalMonster (sM) Sept 5 2013

- The hardest part of quitting is the first step. It was the day you REALLY decided to try. That day took me years to get to. It is so much easier to stay quit than to decide to quit. Don't throw that away, you may never get here again. sM Nov 30 2012

- To quit means to face withdrawal, it requires the confrontation of triggers without using nicotine. It will not always be easy,but get over it. This is the price you pay to earn your freedom July 1 2010 sM

- The only people who are better than me are other quitters. Basically, if you use tobacco, I am better than you. End of story. If you use tobacco, no matter how many great qualities you have, you are a loser. A huge zero. I am better than you because I beat back my addiction every day. And you can't even argue with me, because I will kill you or tickle you or kick your mom or do something else that's awesome and show you how much you suck. Dean the Coot March 31 2010

- Nicotine is that crazy bitch you dated in high school.
Yeah...she was your first. Yeah...she's got an ass that just don't quit. Yeah...there's a part of you that will always want her.
But, she's also run train with the football team behind your back and given you the clap twice and you're getting itchy down there now. She's abusive and she empties you wallet every chance she gets.
Trust me...those memories of the good times will haunt you but the reality is that you are so much better without her. She's stolen your soul. Take it the fuck back. Own this, and do whatever you really want to do.
Wastepanel 12-26-13

- Nicotine is an ex-girlfriend that can fuck your brains out. Unfortunately, she runs train with the neighbors downstairs and spends your money while you're working. When you finally break up with her, she reminds you of all of your good times together and she passes over all of her mistakes. It's how the parasite assures complete obedience. Wastepanel, on MinnyÂ’s thread

- One can, half a can, three cans, tucan fucking Sam. It don't matter. An addict's an addict --Diesel 12-31-13

- Tonight wont be easy. New Years Eve...it's like a day MADE for dipping. People getting shit faced sucking down lung darts, guys thinking they are hot shit smoking down cigars the size of boat oars, metro sexuals and nickles trying to be dime women "vaping" on e-cigs. Why not be the dude with a lip full of shit spitting into a red solo cup or two fisting it with one bottle of beer and bottle of spit. New Years Eve is a fucking nicotine palooza. - Diesel 12-31-13

- For what it's worth, it sounds like you got it all figured out. A question:
If you could quit without the accountability from the site, (no roll) . Why haven't you done it long ago?

There is a comfort in standing shoulder to shoulder with another. Facing the same battles, the same fears, the same pain. It's what makes friends out of strangers. Overcoming the adversity of quitting nicotine as a community is what makes this place work.

Lone wolf it if you must, and good luck to you. There are some hurdles you still have, that you're unaware of yet. When you start to struggle I hope you find your way. This is deeper than it looks at your stage.

Besides you say you want to help others?, then stand next to them in the line up each day and let the guys in your group know that your grinding it out WITH them.

Thousands of people before you have followed the steps laid out here very successfully.

Including me. 1823 days quit.

Get with the program sparky

sM on ssever thread 1-24-14

- There are many things in life you can half-ass your way through and still be considered sucessful. Quitting isn't like that. You have to intentionally quit every day, build your accountability. TCell on Pinched, 4-17-14 

Skoal Monster and RonCross:
I learn so much from these caves! The reasons and circumstances all seem to repeat for so many people.

1. Failure to learn the basics of quit 101 will most certainly lead to a cave later on.
2. One problem + nicotine = two problems.
3. Alcohol is the biggest quit killer out there.
4. Failure to continue to post your promise every day whether you are 100 days quit or 1,000 days quit is a recipe for a cave.

5. length of quit is not related to strength of quit.
6. This is Chess.... not checkers, educate yourself
7. There is no just one.....ever
8. You are an addict.... no different than a heroin junkie
9. you will always be an addict
10. 100% of quitters that don't put nicotine in their body quit successfully
11. It's going to suck.......... until it doesn't..............and then it won't

And when the fog lifts and you understand how easy this quitting business really is you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. It's so simple. Embrace the suck, just give in to the fact that youÂ’re going to suffer for awhile. It won't kill you despite what you think. A small amount of suffering is a reasonable price to pay to save your life I think? What about you?
 

Thanks everyone who gave the words above to us all!
Excluding the fact that you included me (thank ya!)... ALL of this is gooooood stuff! Thanks man!
AJ you are cornerstones of this site. You just don't know how to deal with it yet. :D
Thanks for making me stronger, Brett. Always enjoy peeking into "the mind of brettlees". You're a hardcore, bad to the bone quitter. Proud to call you a friend!
quit wood!

Offline THansen2413

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-03
  • Interests: Vikings, Gophers, Wild. Enjoy running in the warm months.
« Reply #295 on: December 17, 2014, 04:42:00 PM »
I'm going to post up some gems of quotes i've collected over time- maybe they can inspire someone like they have me. Or may you laugh like I did, in some cases.....

- Soon you will see that can for what it really is. That can is a liar, a bully, a narcissistic bitch, a killer and will steal everything you claim is important to you. MThomas 5-20-14 on Clutchski

- ThatÂ’s not lost that youÂ’re feeling. ItÂ’s freedom. You just donÂ’t know how to deal with it yet. AppleJack on Alwaysdipping 2-19-14

- Nicotine leads to desolation, isolation, and death. Quitting leads to freedom, brotherhood, and life. Steakbomb 5/1/14 on ApogeeAmmo

- I used to make excuses for dippingÂ….I now make excuses as to why I WILL NOT dip, why I must stay quit, why I must have truth, honesty and full disclosure in all of my relationships, I make excuses as to why I MUST post roll every day, excuses as to why I have to keep my daily PROMISE. Excuses as to why I must protect my integrity. Sensei Apr 7 2010

- I have strung a web of accountability in here so deep that if I disappear I know there will be a damned manhunt for me. Pinched Dec 6 2013

- The moment we remain fully and completely accountable for our actions we win. We are not unique and special butterflies; we are drug addicts. Drug addicts with free will, the power of choice. Scowick Dec 6 2013

- Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice skoalMonster (sM) Sept 5 2013

- The hardest part of quitting is the first step. It was the day you REALLY decided to try. That day took me years to get to. It is so much easier to stay quit than to decide to quit. Don't throw that away, you may never get here again. sM Nov 30 2012

- To quit means to face withdrawal, it requires the confrontation of triggers without using nicotine. It will not always be easy,but get over it. This is the price you pay to earn your freedom July 1 2010 sM

- The only people who are better than me are other quitters. Basically, if you use tobacco, I am better than you. End of story. If you use tobacco, no matter how many great qualities you have, you are a loser. A huge zero. I am better than you because I beat back my addiction every day. And you can't even argue with me, because I will kill you or tickle you or kick your mom or do something else that's awesome and show you how much you suck. Dean the Coot March 31 2010

Yeah...she was your first. Yeah...she's got an ass that just don't quit. Yeah...there's a part of you that will always want her.
But, she's also run train with the football team behind your back and given you the clap twice and you're getting itchy down there now. She's abusive and she empties you wallet every chance she gets.
Trust me...those memories of the good times will haunt you but the reality is that you are so much better without her. She's stolen your soul. Take it the fuck back. Own this, and do whatever you really want to do.
Wastepanel 12-26-13

- Nicotine is an ex-girlfriend that can fuck your brains out. Unfortunately, she runs train with the neighbors downstairs and spends your money while you're working. When you finally break up with her, she reminds you of all of your good times together and she passes over all of her mistakes. It's how the parasite assures complete obedience. Wastepanel, on MinnyÂ’s thread

- One can, half a can, three cans, tucan fucking Sam. It don't matter. An addict's an addict --Diesel 12-31-13

- Tonight wont be easy. New Years Eve...it's like a day MADE for dipping. People getting shit faced sucking down lung darts, guys thinking they are hot shit smoking down cigars the size of boat oars, metro sexuals and nickles trying to be dime women "vaping" on e-cigs. Why not be the dude with a lip full of shit spitting into a red solo cup or two fisting it with one bottle of beer and bottle of spit. New Years Eve is a fucking nicotine palooza. - Diesel 12-31-13

If you could quit without the accountability from the site, (no roll) . Why haven't you done it long ago?

There is a comfort in standing shoulder to shoulder with another. Facing the same battles, the same fears, the same pain. It's what makes friends out of strangers. Overcoming the adversity of quitting nicotine as a community is what makes this place work.

Lone wolf it if you must, and good luck to you. There are some hurdles you still have, that you're unaware of yet. When you start to struggle I hope you find your way. This is deeper than it looks at your stage.

Besides you say you want to help others?, then stand next to them in the line up each day and let the guys in your group know that your grinding it out WITH them.

Thousands of people before you have followed the steps laid out here very successfully.

- There are many things in life you can half-ass your way through and still be considered sucessful. Quitting isn't like that. You have to intentionally quit every day, build your accountability. TCell on Pinched, 4-17-14 

I learn so much from these caves! The reasons and circumstances all seem to repeat for so many people.

1. Failure to learn the basics of quit 101 will most certainly lead to a cave later on.
4. Failure to continue to post your promise every day whether you are 100 days quit or 1,000 days quit is a recipe for a cave.

11. It's going to suck.......... until it doesn't..............and then it won't

And when the fog lifts and you understand how easy this quitting business really is you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. It's so simple. Embrace the suck, just give in to the fact that youÂ’re going to suffer for awhile. It won't kill you despite what you think. A small amount of suffering is a reasonable price to pay to save your life I think? What about you?
 

Excluding the fact that you included me (thank ya!)... ALL of this is gooooood stuff! Thanks man!
AJ you are cornerstones of this site. You just don't know how to deal with it yet. :D
Thanks for making me stronger, Brett. Always enjoy peeking into "the mind of brettlees". You're a hardcore, bad to the bone quitter. Proud to call you a friend!
Quitters I've met in person : Keddy, boelker62, Big Brother Jack, baitbanjo, SirDerek, Chewie, Scowick65, theo3wood, mcarmo44, MonsterEMT, Bronc, dforbes, rocketman, Lance from SD, kdip, wastepanel, quitspit, basshaug, greenspidy, 30yrAddict, btdogboy, cmark, chrisTKE1982, Jeffro Dolfie, Clampy, carlh2o, JGlav, ReWire, Chewrouski_Philly, Sranger999, walterwhite, DWEIRICK, spit cup, FranPro, ericfluck

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #294 on: December 17, 2014, 12:51:00 PM »

Wastepanel 12-26-13

 

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #293 on: December 17, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »

Wastepanel 12-26-13

 

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #292 on: December 17, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »

Wastepanel 12-26-13

 

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #291 on: November 27, 2014, 07:12:00 AM »
Quote from: Ginet
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Derk40
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: ChristopherJ
Brett - Happy Birthday and congrats on 400!

Thankful to be quit with you!

CJ
double whammy.....

Congrats Brett!
Congrats on the two fer!
Way to be Brett! Party on the 4th Floor! 'band' 'party2'
Rock on, m'brutha!
Congrats on another floor, and Happy Birthday!
nice 4 flo!
Well done. 4th floor is money!
Proud of you Brett. Thanks for your support and for sticking around here.
400 days.....in a row......is kick ass
Fantastic birthday present indeed.
Enjoy not worrying about dip today bro!! 401 kick butt!!!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #290 on: November 27, 2014, 01:58:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws

CJ
double whammy.....

Congrats Brett!
Congrats on the two fer!
Rock on, m'brutha!
nice 4 flo!
400 days.....in a row......is kick ass
Fantastic birthday present indeed.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #289 on: November 26, 2014, 04:10:00 PM »

CJ
double whammy.....

Congrats Brett!
Congrats on the two fer!
Rock on, m'brutha!
nice 4 flo!
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #288 on: November 26, 2014, 02:03:00 PM »

CJ
double whammy.....

Congrats Brett!
Congrats on the two fer!
Rock on, m'brutha!
nice 4 flo!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #287 on: November 26, 2014, 12:18:00 PM »

CJ
double whammy.....

Congrats Brett!
Congrats on the two fer!
Rock on, m'brutha!
nice 4 flo!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #286 on: November 26, 2014, 12:05:00 PM »

CJ
double whammy.....

Congrats Brett!
Congrats on the two fer!
Rock on, m'brutha!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13