Author Topic: I"m in- just found my way  (Read 31624 times)

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: I"m in- just found my way
« Reply #315 on: March 07, 2015, 04:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: sh4string
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: ChristopherJ
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: Smeds
Congrats on the 500th bro, proud to quit with you EDD!! 'clap'
Congrats on 500 my quit brother and day twin. I am glad to have you as a brother and friend.
DITTO!!!
I wouldn't be here still without your support Brett. Congrats Brother!
You guys all rock- thank you! I was reflecting last night. It's amazing to be quit this long, because it's amazing the craves, triggers, and obstacles i've learned how to overcome or get through. I would have caved so many times-- life deals you things that the addiction will teach you to treat as a trigger, an excuse to have "just one" and then we all know what happens.

I never made it before in attempting to quit because I never had (1) a support network and (2) enough knowledge about the enemy i was fighting. It always tricked me, and nobody who knew what i was going through was there to help. This is the difference and why it works here. Newer quitters, you make this happen by jumping in, with both feet. Make friends here. Lots of them. People with all lengths of quits. They will hold you up. It's how it works. Also, get all the knowledge you can. This is a nasty, evil addiction. Hard-core, hard-wired messing with your brain, and you have to know the sorts of tricks it can try.... it will try them all, over time.

I'm still fighting. Just the past couple of days i've had some pretty strong "emptiness" sensations that i recognize used to send me straight to a can, even for "just one" if i had been stopped for a while. I don't always know why these come, but they sometimes just show up. Other times they can come with a trigger i can predict, but not always. What keeps me quit lately is a text group i'm in---- but i built those relationships by working the program here very hard- making connections, learning what i'm fighting, helping others and letting them help me. Meeting others in person is huge too... i honestly believe there are several guys who would hunt me down if i went missing- so I guess I followed in P's footsteps from the quote in my signature line.

The craves still come- i remember 380s being another tough spell for no apparent reason, just like the last few days. But regardless of the feelings that USED to be triggers, I have no interest in the damned weed anymore. It doesn't help me. I have the tools to beat any crave. All i have to do is use them. I also have the knowledge that these tools have gotten me through some pretty darned extreme circumstances in my quit time, so I know there is no reason for failure.

Along the way, I am learning how to live a life with out that ball and chain addiction weighing me down. I am learning how to have self esteem that is untarnished by a dirtly little secret habit and the shame of that. I am learning how to deal with stressors, lonliness as it comes, and anything else iwithout numbing it. I am learning how to be truly free. You all help me so much! The can, the addiction, used to be my perceived friend through it all. I took the jump, and those of you who support me or who come sign in in Jan 13 have taken the place of that old reliable.... bitch of an addiction tricking me into killing myself. You all are the gift i received for taking the risk of really quitting. Thank you for all the help along the way---LET'S KEEP KILLING THIS SNEAKY, SCARY, F-ED UP ADDICTION, and FIGHTING ALL THE POLITICAL AND FINANCIAL SYSTEM PLAYERS THAT ARE KEEPING IT KILLING GOOD PEOPLE BY TRICKING THEM INTO SLAVERY!!
Amen Brett! I'm proud to quit with you today!

500 is huge, and 1 day at a time the struggles get better. Well done my friend.
I am very happy for you Brett. And as usual, you eloquently laid out the depth of this addiction and the value of how together we can keep it at bay. Congrats on 500!
CJ.
500? Damn!!! That's awesome shit. Keep up the quit!!!

Quit on...
Congrats my Brother! On to 600
Thank you for your support Brett! 500 looks good on you!
'oh yeah' BOOYAH! Nicely Done Brett!!! She never gives up so keep 'puttin her down'

Blood Oath of the traveling shirt gives me permission to hunt you down
600 brings a nice new view! Congrats on being quit and being committed to keep it up one day at a time.
Half comma kudos! You are a BAQ my friend.
Legend in the making.
Congrats on the big 5-0-0. Awesome job.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #314 on: March 07, 2015, 10:56:00 AM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Congrats on 500 my quit brother and day twin. I am glad to have you as a brother and friend.
DITTO!!!
You guys all rock- thank you! I was reflecting last night. It's amazing to be quit this long, because it's amazing the craves, triggers, and obstacles i've learned how to overcome or get through. I would have caved so many times-- life deals you things that the addiction will teach you to treat as a trigger, an excuse to have "just one" and then we all know what happens.

I never made it before in attempting to quit because I never had (1) a support network and (2) enough knowledge about the enemy i was fighting. It always tricked me, and nobody who knew what i was going through was there to help. This is the difference and why it works here. Newer quitters, you make this happen by jumping in, with both feet. Make friends here. Lots of them. People with all lengths of quits. They will hold you up. It's how it works. Also, get all the knowledge you can. This is a nasty, evil addiction. Hard-core, hard-wired messing with your brain, and you have to know the sorts of tricks it can try.... it will try them all, over time.

I'm still fighting. Just the past couple of days i've had some pretty strong "emptiness" sensations that i recognize used to send me straight to a can, even for "just one" if i had been stopped for a while. I don't always know why these come, but they sometimes just show up. Other times they can come with a trigger i can predict, but not always. What keeps me quit lately is a text group i'm in---- but i built those relationships by working the program here very hard- making connections, learning what i'm fighting, helping others and letting them help me. Meeting others in person is huge too... i honestly believe there are several guys who would hunt me down if i went missing- so I guess I followed in P's footsteps from the quote in my signature line.

The craves still come- i remember 380s being another tough spell for no apparent reason, just like the last few days. But regardless of the feelings that USED to be triggers, I have no interest in the damned weed anymore. It doesn't help me. I have the tools to beat any crave. All i have to do is use them. I also have the knowledge that these tools have gotten me through some pretty darned extreme circumstances in my quit time, so I know there is no reason for failure.

Along the way, I am learning how to live a life with out that ball and chain addiction weighing me down. I am learning how to have self esteem that is untarnished by a dirtly little secret habit and the shame of that. I am learning how to deal with stressors, lonliness as it comes, and anything else iwithout numbing it. I am learning how to be truly free. You all help me so much! The can, the addiction, used to be my perceived friend through it all. I took the jump, and those of you who support me or who come sign in in Jan 13 have taken the place of that old reliable.... bitch of an addiction tricking me into killing myself. You all are the gift i received for taking the risk of really quitting. Thank you for all the help along the way---LET'S KEEP KILLING THIS SNEAKY, SCARY, F-ED UP ADDICTION, and FIGHTING ALL THE POLITICAL AND FINANCIAL SYSTEM PLAYERS THAT ARE KEEPING IT KILLING GOOD PEOPLE BY TRICKING THEM INTO SLAVERY!!

I am very happy for you Brett. And as usual, you eloquently laid out the depth of this addiction and the value of how together we can keep it at bay. Congrats on 500!
CJ.

Quit on...
'oh yeah' BOOYAH! Nicely Done Brett!!! She never gives up so keep 'puttin her down'

600 brings a nice new view! Congrats on being quit and being committed to keep it up one day at a time.
Legend in the making.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #313 on: March 07, 2015, 09:14:00 AM »
DITTO!!!

CJ.

Quit on...

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #312 on: March 07, 2015, 09:00:00 AM »
DITTO!!!

CJ.

Quit on...

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #311 on: March 07, 2015, 08:28:00 AM »
DITTO!!!

CJ.

Quit on...

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #310 on: March 07, 2015, 08:24:00 AM »
DITTO!!!

CJ.

Quit on...
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #309 on: March 07, 2015, 06:57:00 AM »
DITTO!!!

CJ.

Quit on...
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #308 on: March 06, 2015, 11:45:00 PM »
DITTO!!!

CJ.

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #307 on: March 06, 2015, 09:18:00 PM »
DITTO!!!

CJ.
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #306 on: March 06, 2015, 08:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Derk40
Quote from: CavMan83
Quote from: trigerhapy
DITTO!!!
5th floor, congrats man!
BAQ April Ape support
Hot damn.... lookit that Red Horse man quit!! Seriously proud to be a fellow quitter Brett! That's awesome!!! Didn't realize you were that close until saw it on the forum today....apologies for not paying closer attention!!
Well done! Congrats on 500 brother Brett!!
Awesome accomplishment Brett! Proud of you. Thanks for being such a great quit brother. Please continue to stay here and be quit with us.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #305 on: March 06, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »
Quote from: CavMan83
DITTO!!!
5th floor, congrats man!
BAQ April Ape support
Hot damn.... lookit that Red Horse man quit!! Seriously proud to be a fellow quitter Brett! That's awesome!!! Didn't realize you were that close until saw it on the forum today....apologies for not paying closer attention!!
Well done! Congrats on 500 brother Brett!!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #304 on: March 06, 2015, 02:40:00 PM »
DITTO!!!
5th floor, congrats man!
BAQ April Ape support

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #303 on: March 06, 2015, 02:32:00 PM »
DITTO!!!
5th floor, congrats man!
BAQ April Ape support

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #302 on: March 06, 2015, 11:18:00 AM »
DITTO!!!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #301 on: March 06, 2015, 11:04:00 AM »
DITTO!!!

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!