Author Topic: I"m in- just found my way  (Read 24361 times)

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 628
Re: I"m in- just found my way
« Reply #330 on: June 15, 2015, 01:38:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: sh4string
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: ChristopherJ
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: SAM83
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: worktowin
600!!! Man life sure is great when you are winning every day! Thanks for helping so many of us on your own journey!
Enjoy a big milestone today!
Nice 6 hundo Brett!
Congrats on 600 to my brother in quit. Thank you for making my quit better.
Congrats on 600!
Way to be Brett. I would not be here without you. Keep climbing and I'll keep following.
'Sing and Drink' 'wave' 'party' 'poledancer' 'hit it' 'do it' 'party2' 'party2' 'do it' 'hit it' 'poledancer' 'party' 'wave' 'Sing and Drink'

For all that you do and all the emoticons you post...this one's for you bud
'oh yeah' rock star man congrats on 600 thank you for being part of my quit...enjoy your day
Congrats on 600 Brett! You have been a huge part of my quit and I appreciate it! I think this warrants a celebration!
Proud to be doing this side by side bro!
Nice job Brother!!!! On to 700!!
Keep it up man. Very proud of you.
my kind of dog pile !!!

'oh yeah'
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #329 on: June 15, 2015, 10:31:00 AM »
600!!! Man life sure is great when you are winning every day! Thanks for helping so many of us on your own journey!
Nice 6 hundo Brett!
Congrats on 600!
Way to be Brett. I would not be here without you. Keep climbing and I'll keep following.
'Sing and Drink' 'wave' 'party' 'poledancer' 'hit it' 'do it' 'party2' 'party2' 'do it' 'hit it' 'poledancer' 'party' 'wave' 'Sing and Drink'

'oh yeah' rock star man congrats on 600 thank you for being part of my quit...enjoy your day
Congrats on 600 Brett! You have been a huge part of my quit and I appreciate it! I think this warrants a celebration!
Keep it up man. Very proud of you.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #328 on: June 15, 2015, 10:15:00 AM »
Nice 6 hundo Brett!
Congrats on 600!

Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #327 on: June 15, 2015, 01:27:00 AM »
Nice 6 hundo Brett!
Congrats on 600!

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #326 on: June 15, 2015, 12:00:00 AM »
Nice 6 hundo Brett!
Congrats on 600!

Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #325 on: June 14, 2015, 11:06:00 PM »
Nice 6 hundo Brett!
Congrats on 600!

Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #324 on: June 14, 2015, 07:31:00 PM »
Nice 6 hundo Brett!
Congrats on 600!

Certified Grade A Badass

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #323 on: June 14, 2015, 11:04:00 AM »
Nice 6 hundo Brett!
Congrats on 600!

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #322 on: June 14, 2015, 10:32:00 AM »
Nice 6 hundo Brett!
Congrats on 600!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #321 on: June 14, 2015, 09:20:00 AM »
Nice 6 hundo Brett!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #320 on: June 14, 2015, 08:57:00 AM »
Nice 6 hundo Brett!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #319 on: June 14, 2015, 07:49:00 AM »

Offline Mike_Land

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Triathlons and my girls, Wife Michelle and Daughter Olivia.
« Reply #318 on: June 14, 2015, 07:31:00 AM »
Quote from: mogul
Quote from: Raider
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: Smeds
Congrats on the 500th bro, proud to quit with you EDD!! 'clap'
Congrats on 500 my quit brother and day twin. I am glad to have you as a brother and friend.
DITTO!!!
I wouldn't be here still without your support Brett. Congrats Brother!
You guys all rock- thank you! I was reflecting last night. It's amazing to be quit this long, because it's amazing the craves, triggers, and obstacles i've learned how to overcome or get through. I would have caved so many times-- life deals you things that the addiction will teach you to treat as a trigger, an excuse to have "just one" and then we all know what happens.

I never made it before in attempting to quit because I never had (1) a support network and (2) enough knowledge about the enemy i was fighting. It always tricked me, and nobody who knew what i was going through was there to help. This is the difference and why it works here. Newer quitters, you make this happen by jumping in, with both feet. Make friends here. Lots of them. People with all lengths of quits. They will hold you up. It's how it works. Also, get all the knowledge you can. This is a nasty, evil addiction. Hard-core, hard-wired messing with your brain, and you have to know the sorts of tricks it can try.... it will try them all, over time.

I'm still fighting. Just the past couple of days i've had some pretty strong "emptiness" sensations that i recognize used to send me straight to a can, even for "just one" if i had been stopped for a while. I don't always know why these come, but they sometimes just show up. Other times they can come with a trigger i can predict, but not always. What keeps me quit lately is a text group i'm in---- but i built those relationships by working the program here very hard- making connections, learning what i'm fighting, helping others and letting them help me. Meeting others in person is huge too... i honestly believe there are several guys who would hunt me down if i went missing- so I guess I followed in P's footsteps from the quote in my signature line.

The craves still come- i remember 380s being another tough spell for no apparent reason, just like the last few days. But regardless of the feelings that USED to be triggers, I have no interest in the damned weed anymore. It doesn't help me. I have the tools to beat any crave. All i have to do is use them. I also have the knowledge that these tools have gotten me through some pretty darned extreme circumstances in my quit time, so I know there is no reason for failure.

Along the way, I am learning how to live a life with out that ball and chain addiction weighing me down. I am learning how to have self esteem that is untarnished by a dirtly little secret habit and the shame of that. I am learning how to deal with stressors, lonliness as it comes, and anything else iwithout numbing it. I am learning how to be truly free. You all help me so much! The can, the addiction, used to be my perceived friend through it all. I took the jump, and those of you who support me or who come sign in in Jan 13 have taken the place of that old reliable.... bitch of an addiction tricking me into killing myself. You all are the gift i received for taking the risk of really quitting. Thank you for all the help along the way---LET'S KEEP KILLING THIS SNEAKY, SCARY, F-ED UP ADDICTION, and FIGHTING ALL THE POLITICAL AND FINANCIAL SYSTEM PLAYERS THAT ARE KEEPING IT KILLING GOOD PEOPLE BY TRICKING THEM INTO SLAVERY!!
Amen Brett! I'm proud to quit with you today!

500 is huge, and 1 day at a time the struggles get better. Well done my friend.
I am very happy for you Brett. And as usual, you eloquently laid out the depth of this addiction and the value of how together we can keep it at bay. Congrats on 500!
CJ.
500? Damn!!! That's awesome shit. Keep up the quit!!!

Quit on...
Congrats my Brother! On to 600
Thank you for your support Brett! 500 looks good on you!
'oh yeah' BOOYAH! Nicely Done Brett!!! She never gives up so keep 'puttin her down'

Blood Oath of the traveling shirt gives me permission to hunt you down
600 brings a nice new view! Congrats on being quit and being committed to keep it up one day at a time.
Half comma kudos! You are a BAQ my friend.
Legend in the making.
Congrats on the big 5-0-0. Awesome job.
Thank you Brett for all the support and laughs. Keep adding the ones

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #317 on: June 14, 2015, 06:52:00 AM »
Congrats Brett on getting to Number 6 today! See you tomorrow!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #316 on: March 07, 2015, 05:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Raider
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: Smeds
Congrats on the 500th bro, proud to quit with you EDD!! 'clap'
Congrats on 500 my quit brother and day twin. I am glad to have you as a brother and friend.
DITTO!!!
I wouldn't be here still without your support Brett. Congrats Brother!
You guys all rock- thank you! I was reflecting last night. It's amazing to be quit this long, because it's amazing the craves, triggers, and obstacles i've learned how to overcome or get through. I would have caved so many times-- life deals you things that the addiction will teach you to treat as a trigger, an excuse to have "just one" and then we all know what happens.

I never made it before in attempting to quit because I never had (1) a support network and (2) enough knowledge about the enemy i was fighting. It always tricked me, and nobody who knew what i was going through was there to help. This is the difference and why it works here. Newer quitters, you make this happen by jumping in, with both feet. Make friends here. Lots of them. People with all lengths of quits. They will hold you up. It's how it works. Also, get all the knowledge you can. This is a nasty, evil addiction. Hard-core, hard-wired messing with your brain, and you have to know the sorts of tricks it can try.... it will try them all, over time.

I'm still fighting. Just the past couple of days i've had some pretty strong "emptiness" sensations that i recognize used to send me straight to a can, even for "just one" if i had been stopped for a while. I don't always know why these come, but they sometimes just show up. Other times they can come with a trigger i can predict, but not always. What keeps me quit lately is a text group i'm in---- but i built those relationships by working the program here very hard- making connections, learning what i'm fighting, helping others and letting them help me. Meeting others in person is huge too... i honestly believe there are several guys who would hunt me down if i went missing- so I guess I followed in P's footsteps from the quote in my signature line.

The craves still come- i remember 380s being another tough spell for no apparent reason, just like the last few days. But regardless of the feelings that USED to be triggers, I have no interest in the damned weed anymore. It doesn't help me. I have the tools to beat any crave. All i have to do is use them. I also have the knowledge that these tools have gotten me through some pretty darned extreme circumstances in my quit time, so I know there is no reason for failure.

Along the way, I am learning how to live a life with out that ball and chain addiction weighing me down. I am learning how to have self esteem that is untarnished by a dirtly little secret habit and the shame of that. I am learning how to deal with stressors, lonliness as it comes, and anything else iwithout numbing it. I am learning how to be truly free. You all help me so much! The can, the addiction, used to be my perceived friend through it all. I took the jump, and those of you who support me or who come sign in in Jan 13 have taken the place of that old reliable.... bitch of an addiction tricking me into killing myself. You all are the gift i received for taking the risk of really quitting. Thank you for all the help along the way---LET'S KEEP KILLING THIS SNEAKY, SCARY, F-ED UP ADDICTION, and FIGHTING ALL THE POLITICAL AND FINANCIAL SYSTEM PLAYERS THAT ARE KEEPING IT KILLING GOOD PEOPLE BY TRICKING THEM INTO SLAVERY!!
Amen Brett! I'm proud to quit with you today!

500 is huge, and 1 day at a time the struggles get better. Well done my friend.
I am very happy for you Brett. And as usual, you eloquently laid out the depth of this addiction and the value of how together we can keep it at bay. Congrats on 500!
CJ.
500? Damn!!! That's awesome shit. Keep up the quit!!!

Quit on...
Congrats my Brother! On to 600
Thank you for your support Brett! 500 looks good on you!
'oh yeah' BOOYAH! Nicely Done Brett!!! She never gives up so keep 'puttin her down'

Blood Oath of the traveling shirt gives me permission to hunt you down
600 brings a nice new view! Congrats on being quit and being committed to keep it up one day at a time.
Half comma kudos! You are a BAQ my friend.
Legend in the making.
Congrats on the big 5-0-0. Awesome job.
Thank you Brett for all the support and laughs. Keep adding the ones