Author Topic: I"m in- just found my way  (Read 31638 times)

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: I"m in- just found my way
« Reply #150 on: February 21, 2014, 07:00:00 AM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Canvasback
Quote from: brettlees
Day 121- quitters log. Not much to report, but it has been a while and I feel like I just want to log it in so I can leave it behind.

Not much change in my situation since last post, really. My quit is now boring. The nicbitch still whispers in my ear. I still am not going to be fooled by it. Complacency is still the enemy, and I am committed to not become complacent too. I am still dealing with some messy home life situations, and the upshot of all that is that I keep facing things that i would have used as justifications to really ramp up my nicotine consumption in the past. However, I have no interest in using nicotine to deal with that stress now. I guess some reprogramming has been successful, and i'm damned glad.

I continue to get almost daily affirmative reinforcement about how important the network of fellow quitters here is to me. There are bros that have literally helped me through some major shit where I really took a lot of comfort in someone giving a damn enough to reach out. And, I am accountable to them not to use nicotine. Easy enough tradeoff for me.

I still owe a HOF speech, and I'm waiting for the inspiration. Really, HOF has turned out to be no big deal at all to me. But I woudl like to eventually get something down in writing that may help someone else. In the meantime, I"m just stacking +1's, creating lasting connections, and helping others when I can. Also learning how to deal with life in real-time, directly, without the damned poison crutch that really wasn't a crutch.

Been reading today about a guy who wants to stop posting after 200 days. This doesn't make sense to me. I've tried to learn a lot from others, and i'm convinced that things get better and better, but don't get really great until much later in the game than 200 days. More like they really seem to start to open up at a year or so, then really good around 500 to 1000 days. Yet, I've noticed there are funks at almost predictable times along the way even that long quit, and random big craves can creep up any time. I can't imagine walking away so soon as 200 days, and honestly I admire some of the people that have been around for 2years+ that right now I"d like to be helping others like them when I reach that time period.

Well, thats it for now. Damn i'm wordy sometimes. Looking forward to quite a few other quits that I've followed hitting HOF in the next few weeks- that'll be fun!
Been thinking about some of these things. Re wiring is a serious deal. I'm glad to see there is a light at the tunnel.. The learning curve only gets steeper if you're on ktc.

For one, I would look forward to a speech from you!

Keep stacking those +1s
Good update Brett. At this point keep posting your promise every day. It serves 3 purposes... Keeps you connected to your network, makes you think about your commitment daily, and (most important as time clicks by) reminds you just a bit every day of where you were and where you are. I'm proud to be on your team - you are killing it. Keep it up, you are about to get to a really good place.
You are getting it brother! Learn it, live it, Love it! I too have not as of yet done the whole HOF speech, but I will when I am ready. I still feel unready to be HOF speech worthy, but that is just me. Keep those tools sharp.
Good stuff brett, I too cannot fathom how one could stop posting after day 200. How many times have we all tried quitting on our own? When you're only accountable to yourself, the guilt of caving is far less severe then when you're accountable to hundreds or thousands. At least that is how I look at it.

Stop futzing around and write that speech. Kidding, all in due process. QLFEDD with you.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Day 121- quitters log. Not much to report, but it has been a while and I feel like I just want to log it in so I can leave it behind.

Not much change in my situation since last post, really. My quit is now boring. The nicbitch still whispers in my ear. I still am not going to be fooled by it. Complacency is still the enemy, and I am committed to not become complacent too. I am still dealing with some messy home life situations, and the upshot of all that is that I keep facing things that i would have used as justifications to really ramp up my nicotine consumption in the past. However, I have no interest in using nicotine to deal with that stress now. I guess some reprogramming has been successful, and i'm damned glad.

I continue to get almost daily affirmative reinforcement about how important the network of fellow quitters here is to me. There are bros that have literally helped me through some major shit where I really took a lot of comfort in someone giving a damn enough to reach out. And, I am accountable to them not to use nicotine. Easy enough tradeoff for me.

I still owe a HOF speech, and I'm waiting for the inspiration. Really, HOF has turned out to be no big deal at all to me. But I woudl like to eventually get something down in writing that may help someone else. In the meantime, I"m just stacking +1's, creating lasting connections, and helping others when I can. Also learning how to deal with life in real-time, directly, without the damned poison crutch that really wasn't a crutch.

Been reading today about a guy who wants to stop posting after 200 days. This doesn't make sense to me. I've tried to learn a lot from others, and i'm convinced that things get better and better, but don't get really great until much later in the game than 200 days. More like they really seem to start to open up at a year or so, then really good around 500 to 1000 days. Yet, I've noticed there are funks at almost predictable times along the way even that long quit, and random big craves can creep up any time. I can't imagine walking away so soon as 200 days, and honestly I admire some of the people that have been around for 2years+ that right now I"d like to be helping others like them when I reach that time period.

Well, thats it for now. Damn i'm wordy sometimes. Looking forward to quite a few other quits that I've followed hitting HOF in the next few weeks- that'll be fun!
Been thinking about some of these things. Re wiring is a serious deal. I'm glad to see there is a light at the tunnel.. The learning curve only gets steeper if you're on ktc.

Keep stacking those +1s
Good update Brett. At this point keep posting your promise every day. It serves 3 purposes... Keeps you connected to your network, makes you think about your commitment daily, and (most important as time clicks by) reminds you just a bit every day of where you were and where you are. I'm proud to be on your team - you are killing it. Keep it up, you are about to get to a really good place.
You are getting it brother! Learn it, live it, Love it! I too have not as of yet done the whole HOF speech, but I will when I am ready. I still feel unready to be HOF speech worthy, but that is just me. Keep those tools sharp.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2014, 09:17:00 PM »

Keep stacking those +1s

Offline Canvasback

• Quitter
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2014, 08:37:00 PM »

Keep stacking those +1s
James 1:2-8

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2014, 05:26:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: pbrain04
Quote from: rdad

B
I always look forward to hearing what's going on in that noggin of yours. So I am reassured that you see the importance of staying here and tending your quit. I know when you get around the your official speech it will be something that will strengthen us all (newbies and vets alike) Here' s to lots of boring quit days and even better days to come. Cheers! ;Ironman:
Don't sell your self short bro. The HOF might not seem like a big deal but think about were you were 101 days before that. It is a big deal. I get what you mean though. Technically its just another +1 but it symbolizes something very important. 100 days of freedom.

Im looking forward to reading your HOF speech

PB
I am looking forward to reading your speech Brett. No pressure though. When the inspiration finally hits just make sure to get to a keyboard or dictation device right away. You've been a constant support to a lot of people. You have done this the right way and you should be very proud. Proud to quit with you brother.
Congratulations Brett! You are a great quitter. It does get easier. 1st hundred days, you embraced the suck. I want to read your speech but the speech....most if not all of my quit brothers in the plattoon who said they were waiting to write something....never did and are no longer here.

It may not seem like a big deal. Make it a Bigdeal!

Write a personal declaration of Independence because you know, and showed how to become free!

Tell Nicotine, now with the blinders off, why you resent her. Why you will never never ever surrender to her today. Tell her your strategy for kicking her ass and what a sham and shame she was in your life.

I say do this so you put and exclamation point that you know how to win. Let the nic bitch know that from your vantage point. Its a privlage to hate her. That there is something about fighting nicotine! You grin in your fight. Tell her you're sorry for putting her above the things that you truly value, love and live for. She was a waste of time and your money Just pour out your soul so that you never want to read that declaration with a dip in your mouth. That potential humiliation will only keep you more surely accountable to your quit. We have to keep our guards up and I think the speech is one more keystone to the war on nicotine.

All my opinion because it is going to get easier for a time before you have to face the hurt.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2014, 04:24:00 PM »
Quote from: pbrain04

B
I always look forward to hearing what's going on in that noggin of yours. So I am reassured that you see the importance of staying here and tending your quit. I know when you get around the your official speech it will be something that will strengthen us all (newbies and vets alike) Here' s to lots of boring quit days and even better days to come. Cheers! ;Ironman:
Don't sell your self short bro. The HOF might not seem like a big deal but think about were you were 101 days before that. It is a big deal. I get what you mean though. Technically its just another +1 but it symbolizes something very important. 100 days of freedom.

PB
I am looking forward to reading your speech Brett. No pressure though. When the inspiration finally hits just make sure to get to a keyboard or dictation device right away. You've been a constant support to a lot of people. You have done this the right way and you should be very proud. Proud to quit with you brother.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2014, 04:11:00 PM »

B

PB

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »

B

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2014, 03:15:00 PM »

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Canvasback

• Quitter
« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2014, 10:15:00 AM »
Great time getting wings and beer with you and Canvasback tonight. If you guys need anything let me know.  I got your backs.  I have total faith in Brett as a quitter. He's rock solid and if he thinks about caving he will call me first.
What a pleasure to meet Grizclaws and Canvasback tonight! Made my quit stronger without doubt! How about this- you don't cave unless you let me get the chew out of the can.. do we have a deal?? Same goes for Canvasback. If you're in, let me know. I'll take each of you at you word on it, now that i've met you in person i know i can trust both of you as men of honor to a very high degree.

If any newer quitters out there are reading this, you should definitely muster the courage and initiative to meet up with other quitters if the opportunity comes your way. It can increase the strength of you quit immensely- you'll see what I mean once you do it!
Deal.
James 1:2-8

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2014, 04:48:00 AM »
Great time getting wings and beer with you and Canvasback tonight. If you guys need anything let me know.  I got your backs.  I have total faith in Brett as a quitter. He's rock solid and if he thinks about caving he will call me first.
What a pleasure to meet Grizclaws and Canvasback tonight! Made my quit stronger without doubt! How about this- you don't cave unless you let me get the chew out of the can.. do we have a deal?? Same goes for Canvasback. If you're in, let me know. I'll take each of you at you word on it, now that i've met you in person i know i can trust both of you as men of honor to a very high degree.

If any newer quitters out there are reading this, you should definitely muster the courage and initiative to meet up with other quitters if the opportunity comes your way. It can increase the strength of you quit immensely- you'll see what I mean once you do it!
You guys get it. Some people come here willy nilly and post roll once in a while. They drop off at 100 days. Never make connections. Never meet anyone. Never post in intros. Never use chat. Those people are fools.... They always seem to come back with lame reasons that they caved.

Then there are guys like you. Helping one another helps yourself. Can you imagine sending a text to the guy you shared war stories with over beer for 3 hours a text that you let him down? That shit is real... Brotherhood + accountability = success. Keep pushing forward, you are about to get to some really good times.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2014, 10:29:00 PM »
Great time getting wings and beer with you and canvasback tonight. If you guys need anything let me know. I got your backs. I have total faith in Brett as a quitter. He's rock solid and if he thinks about caving he will call me first.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2014, 02:53:00 PM »
Quote from: T-Cell
It was a pleasure to meet both Brett and Corey last night, these guys completely get quitting. Funny how many addict behaviors and experiences we all shared without knowing it. Ended up staying out way past my bedtime, given the weather the mrs. wasn't happy. But it was sooo worth it.
Congrats again to you both on you milestones yesterday. Enjoy and be proud of them, you earned them.
So awesome!

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2014, 10:37:00 AM »
It was a pleasure to meet both Brett and Corey last night, these guys completely get quitting. Funny how many addict behaviors and experiences we all shared without knowing it. Ended up staying out way past my bedtime, given the weather the mrs. wasn't happy. But it was sooo worth it.
Congrats again to you both on you milestones yesterday. Enjoy and be proud of them, you earned them.
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14