Author Topic: I"m in- just found my way  (Read 31637 times)

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
Re: I"m in- just found my way
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: B-loMatt
Welcome to the second floor Bad Ass! Well done sir.
Thanks for the congrats!
I wanted to log a few thoughts.....
At 200 days, i'm struck by two things, both of which relate to intensity. First, i am surprised at how intense the cravings and triggers still can be at times. Some of that may be the situation I've been in recently- will explain below. Second, I am also struck by how intensely WONDERFUL it feels to be quit and free. I never imagined it could feel this good.

This is surely the longest i've ever been without nicotine in decades. I never knew that I could not have "just one" before I really learned about the addiction from this site, and I never had the support before. Those are the keys to my being and staying quit. I'm so greatful!

Today i'm travelling back to home in Colo from my old hometown in S. Dak. It was my first trip back there since I quit. There were triggers-a-plenty, and they were strong as heck! Everywhere! That was where I first chewed, first shared with my grandfather, had/have many cousins and other relatives where I fit in so well as a chewer. This trip, i spent a lot of time with a cousin who kept chewing like a fiend. He knows I quit and it's a big deal to me to be quit. He says that he quits for months at a time, all the time, then can chew for months too, between stops. Maybe he can, i don't know. I do doubt it. I just tell him i sure can't, i'm an addict and I learned I can't even have one. He respects that and doesn't push.

What kept me strong this time was the knowledge i have that I can't have just one, and just knowing I have a strong support and accounabilty network. The thoughts of those of you in the little text group with me, and several others of you (yes, even those of you "behind" me in quit days) who give shouts out to each other, were what gave me strength. In other words, it helped to know I wasn't alone.

In short, I'm loving being free even though it ain't easy, and i'm so greatful for KTC and all of you quitters!
Triggers are nothing, I have had your word for 200 days, fuck triggers. You have been a rock for many a quitter here, I am damn proud to see you hit 200, damn glad to have met you and even more proud to call you a friend and brother.
200 days of badassery! Welcome to the second floor my friend. Proud to quit with you all day long!
Congrats Brett, well done! Keep up that bad ass quit and support!
'ninja' 'drool'
'BanDog'
Way to be Brett. Thanks for everything. I love you man!
Atta Boy....
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #179 on: May 10, 2014, 11:36:00 AM »
Quote from: Coach
Thanks for the congrats!
At 200 days, i'm struck by two things, both of which relate to intensity. First, i am surprised at how intense the cravings and triggers still can be at times. Some of that may be the situation I've been in recently- will explain below. Second, I am also struck by how intensely WONDERFUL it feels to be quit and free. I never imagined it could feel this good.

This is surely the longest i've ever been without nicotine in decades. I never knew that I could not have "just one" before I really learned about the addiction from this site, and I never had the support before. Those are the keys to my being and staying quit. I'm so greatful!

Today i'm travelling back to home in Colo from my old hometown in S. Dak. It was my first trip back there since I quit. There were triggers-a-plenty, and they were strong as heck! Everywhere! That was where I first chewed, first shared with my grandfather, had/have many cousins and other relatives where I fit in so well as a chewer. This trip, i spent a lot of time with a cousin who kept chewing like a fiend. He knows I quit and it's a big deal to me to be quit. He says that he quits for months at a time, all the time, then can chew for months too, between stops. Maybe he can, i don't know. I do doubt it. I just tell him i sure can't, i'm an addict and I learned I can't even have one. He respects that and doesn't push.

What kept me strong this time was the knowledge i have that I can't have just one, and just knowing I have a strong support and accounabilty network. The thoughts of those of you in the little text group with me, and several others of you (yes, even those of you "behind" me in quit days) who give shouts out to each other, were what gave me strength. In other words, it helped to know I wasn't alone.

In short, I'm loving being free even though it ain't easy, and i'm so greatful for KTC and all of you quitters!
Triggers are nothing, I have had your word for 200 days, fuck triggers. You have been a rock for many a quitter here, I am damn proud to see you hit 200, damn glad to have met you and even more proud to call you a friend and brother.
200 days of badassery! Welcome to the second floor my friend. Proud to quit with you all day long!
'ninja' 'drool'
'BanDog'
Way to be Brett. Thanks for everything. I love you man!

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #178 on: May 10, 2014, 09:51:00 AM »
Thanks for the congrats!

'ninja' 'drool'
'BanDog'
Make Your Decision

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »
Thanks for the congrats!

'ninja' 'drool'
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2014, 09:13:00 AM »
Thanks for the congrats!

Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2014, 09:03:00 AM »
Thanks for the congrats!

Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2014, 08:57:00 AM »
Thanks for the congrats!

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2014, 08:52:00 AM »
Thanks for the congrats!

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2014, 08:35:00 AM »

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2014, 11:21:00 AM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: ERDVM
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: MonsterEMT
Quote from: Steakbomb18
I'm at day 176 and just wanted to continue my record for future reference. It's been a while. I don't want to walk this path again, and i want to celebrate the journey as I make it too, so I want to remember how its been.

Mostly, i want to log in that this shit still ain't easy! I remember TCell referring to seasonal triggers, and have seen other references to working through all that. I've been getting triggers left and right lately. It feels like an obstacle course. Many sneak attacks, many dull and slowly building notions of emptyness that i recognize as former triggers too. And little faint "just once" whispers too, on occaision.

I also get bouts of "fuckits" where I just am sort of irritable. Maybe i'm cranky by nature, who knows, and who really cares, i'm free from the chemical addiction now and I love that.

The one thing I can say is that these triggers are handleable. Life is so much better than early-quit. I'm surprised that these are so numerous and fairly strong. I would have listened at some point, in the past. I won't now, and i guess I just have to keep training the nic bitch to fuck off. I'm up for that. I'm pissed thinking about it. The whispers of just once really piss me off-- brings up a fighter instinct, and i'm glad. As ususal, in perspective I'm thankful for the challenges because they ensure that complacency isn't an issue for that day.

What is keeping me quit? Fellowship, brotherhood, and the web of accountabilty/support I have created by following the program here. I owe my life to the bro's who keep in touch with me, who reach out to make a new friend, and to those who documented and shared this path to success. Frickin rocks!

I'm out. Thanks for all the help, and if i can help anyone reading this let me know.
Brett, my friend, you just need look below at your signature and re-read Skoalmonster's words, "To quit means to face withdrawal, it requires the confrontation of triggers without using nicotine. It will not always be easy, but get over it. This is the price you pay to earn your freedom."

I'll gladly pay that price every damn day, and I'll pay it with my roll post. Not only do I get to keep my freedom for that price, I get brotherhood and accountability. Every day I will tell myself that I'm not relinquishing my freedom, brotherhood, and accountability to feed an addiction that leads to one morbid outcome. And every day brother, one day at a time, I will make that promise with you.
Brett you have been more of a comfort and help to me than I can express in a post. I am loving following your quit and reading your journal here when I am feeling weak. This is a special community and we are all honored to have you with us. There is an unexplainable power in this brotherhood. Thank God we found this place. Peace!
What they said! You've been a welcome voice of encouragement for me from time to time. You're not one of the people I talk with daily, but that's ok. It's actually a welcome reminder that even though we don't talk regularly, you've got my back. Thanks for the support and the inspiration!
Brett, you're a hell of a quitter. I quit with you every damn day.
Expect unexpected craves and fuck-its during your first trip around the globe. They are normal. One of my funkiest was after HOF during the first part of summer. There was something about a clear, early summer night that just hammered my newly HOFed quit. I had just bought a 12 pack and was sitting in the parking lot and texted Pave about how beautiful the night was.....and within minutes I was getting sexts from Coach Steve, Pave, bird, TJ, Tsthar etc. Looking back, it was one hell of a crave...and it was recognized by my brothers even before me.

Keep up the daily Vigilance.

This place is fucking magical.

*PS - speaking of magical....I have big plans for our Meat Up next week...... 'archer'
Sounds like you better bring grease Brett... 'BanDog' All kidding aside I was in a hurt bag around the time frame of where you are at. I didn't want to do much with the site accept post and go. Even if you can just stay active with texting peeps keep connected she is looking for one to separate from the herd. You are doing great keep it up. we QLF EDD
You also have a great opportunity tonight to speak in person about your fuckits. If this shit was easy none of us would need KTC, none of us would need the Accountability, Brotherhood or Commitment. Then none of us would have crossed paths. I am damn glad that you chose to quit. I am here to kick addictions ass right along with you.
For 12,780 days I regularly poisoned my body and built layers of conditional responses all based on the lies of nicotine. Should I be shocked that every now and then a crave escalates beyond a fleeting thought?

The nic bitch will not sen us her plan of attack of when and how she's going to try to enslave us again. So we hit the floor every damn day and walk our happy 'quit' asses to our posting devices and make our promises. Complacency and isolation are two things you should always fight against as they are the beginning of a very slippery slope.

Note to self.... don't let the good Dr. talk you into 'touring' his lab while you are in OKC...... Danger Danger Will Robinson!
So long a you keep your accountability checks and make quitting a priority every day you will have no problem kicking nicotines ass every day. You have the tools AND you know how to use them. So there is NO chance of losing today.
Looking forward to having a couple beers and discussing tonight, and I can't echo CBirds warning strongly enough, do not tour Vadge's lab no matter how much he tries to get you in there... 'finger point'
C'mon guys, Vadge says there's magic cream and boobies in there! 'boob' And Hamsters too.

Seriously, anybody looking for wisdom? There are literally YEARS of kick-nicotine's-ass-and-leave-no-trace quit added up together in the people who posted in this little dog pile. Take heed!! you bet I am. This is why this site rocks.

Thanks for the honor of your insights and encouragement! I hope my quit-log (no, not talking quit wood ghey bastards) and what you all give is gonna really hit home for some new quitters-- I continue to be up to kick some nic-bitch-addiction ass all over the place with any of you!

I say it all'a time and sound like a broken record, but it's the bottom line... freedom is VERY damn cool.

Proud of you Brett!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2014, 10:47:00 AM »
I'm at day 176 and just wanted to continue my record for future reference. It's been a while. I don't want to walk this path again, and i want to celebrate the journey as I make it too, so I want to remember how its been.

Mostly, i want to log in that this shit still ain't easy! I remember TCell referring to seasonal triggers, and have seen other references to working through all that. I've been getting triggers left and right lately. It feels like an obstacle course. Many sneak attacks, many dull and slowly building notions of emptyness that i recognize as former triggers too. And little faint "just once" whispers too, on occaision.

I also get bouts of "fuckits" where I just am sort of irritable. Maybe i'm cranky by nature, who knows, and who really cares, i'm free from the chemical addiction now and I love that.

The one thing I can say is that these triggers are handleable. Life is so much better than early-quit. I'm surprised that these are so numerous and fairly strong. I would have listened at some point, in the past. I won't now, and i guess I just have to keep training the nic bitch to fuck off. I'm up for that. I'm pissed thinking about it. The whispers of just once really piss me off-- brings up a fighter instinct, and i'm glad. As ususal, in perspective I'm thankful for the challenges because they ensure that complacency isn't an issue for that day.

What is keeping me quit? Fellowship, brotherhood, and the web of accountabilty/support I have created by following the program here. I owe my life to the bro's who keep in touch with me, who reach out to make a new friend, and to those who documented and shared this path to success. Frickin rocks!

I'm out. Thanks for all the help, and if i can help anyone reading this let me know.
Brett, my friend, you just need look below at your signature and re-read Skoalmonster's words, "To quit means to face withdrawal, it requires the confrontation of triggers without using nicotine. It will not always be easy, but get over it. This is the price you pay to earn your freedom."

I'll gladly pay that price every damn day, and I'll pay it with my roll post. Not only do I get to keep my freedom for that price, I get brotherhood and accountability. Every day I will tell myself that I'm not relinquishing my freedom, brotherhood, and accountability to feed an addiction that leads to one morbid outcome. And every day brother, one day at a time, I will make that promise with you.
Brett you have been more of a comfort and help to me than I can express in a post. I am loving following your quit and reading your journal here when I am feeling weak. This is a special community and we are all honored to have you with us. There is an unexplainable power in this brotherhood. Thank God we found this place. Peace!
What they said! You've been a welcome voice of encouragement for me from time to time. You're not one of the people I talk with daily, but that's ok. It's actually a welcome reminder that even though we don't talk regularly, you've got my back. Thanks for the support and the inspiration!
Expect unexpected craves and fuck-its during your first trip around the globe. They are normal. One of my funkiest was after HOF during the first part of summer. There was something about a clear, early summer night that just hammered my newly HOFed quit. I had just bought a 12 pack and was sitting in the parking lot and texted Pave about how beautiful the night was.....and within minutes I was getting sexts from Coach Steve, Pave, bird, TJ, Tsthar etc. Looking back, it was one hell of a crave...and it was recognized by my brothers even before me.

*PS - speaking of magical....I have big plans for our Meat Up next week...... 'archer'
Sounds like you better bring grease Brett... 'BanDog' All kidding aside I was in a hurt bag around the time frame of where you are at. I didn't want to do much with the site accept post and go. Even if you can just stay active with texting peeps keep connected she is looking for one to separate from the herd. You are doing great keep it up. we QLF EDD
You also have a great opportunity tonight to speak in person about your fuckits. If this shit was easy none of us would need KTC, none of us would need the Accountability, Brotherhood or Commitment. Then none of us would have crossed paths. I am damn glad that you chose to quit. I am here to kick addictions ass right along with you.
For 12,780 days I regularly poisoned my body and built layers of conditional responses all based on the lies of nicotine. Should I be shocked that every now and then a crave escalates beyond a fleeting thought?

The nic bitch will not sen us her plan of attack of when and how she's going to try to enslave us again. So we hit the floor every damn day and walk our happy 'quit' asses to our posting devices and make our promises. Complacency and isolation are two things you should always fight against as they are the beginning of a very slippery slope.

Note to self.... don't let the good Dr. talk you into 'touring' his lab while you are in OKC...... Danger Danger Will Robinson!
So long a you keep your accountability checks and make quitting a priority every day you will have no problem kicking nicotines ass every day. You have the tools AND you know how to use them. So there is NO chance of losing today.
Looking forward to having a couple beers and discussing tonight, and I can't echo CBirds warning strongly enough, do not tour Vadge's lab no matter how much he tries to get you in there... 'finger point'
C'mon guys, Vadge says there's magic cream and boobies in there! 'boob' And Hamsters too.

Seriously, anybody looking for wisdom? There are literally YEARS of kick-nicotine's-ass-and-leave-no-trace quit added up together in the people who posted in this little dog pile. Take heed!! you bet I am. This is why this site rocks.

Thanks for the honor of your insights and encouragement! I hope my quit-log (no, not talking quit wood ghey bastards) and what you all give is gonna really hit home for some new quitters-- I continue to be up to kick some nic-bitch-addiction ass all over the place with any of you!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2014, 10:11:00 AM »

Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2014, 09:48:00 AM »

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2014, 09:47:00 AM »

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »

Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech