Author Topic: Hi my name is Gregory  (Read 10339 times)

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
Re: Hi my name is Gregory
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2014, 11:19:00 AM »
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: macgregor
Now... It's very hard time for me. I think that I will not be strong enough to work it out. Now I think that I'll fuck it, than I will start again...
one problem + nicotine = 2 problems

check you inbox
It is not a good time for my quiting. I don't know why but i feel that I can fuck it up in the nearest future... I did not write my hall of fame speech so far but I ve got very strong cravings. I'm on the KTC everyday and everyday I'm posting but I feel that I can loose :(
two similar posts here - you hit the hall recently and are going through some funk. We are not cured when we hit a specific number of days quit. Change up your routine - add some physical, mental or personal goal you want to improve on along with battling nicotine. Go look into the Wildcard Section or Getting My Act Together and see if there is a secondary group you should post with.

Caving is not an option for me - your profile says Poland and that's a long commute to kick you in the ass but don't piss away 100+ days of quit!!!
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »
Now... It's very hard time for me. I think that I will not be strong enough to work it out. Now I think that I'll fuck it, than I will start again...
Macgregor!

You are a strong link in my chain of quit. We all rely on each other in these times. So know that you can do anything for a day, and that nicotine won't do a damn thing to help... But that it will kill you.

This is a great forum to share your concerns or problems, as someone here has had the same problems you are facing. Let it out. Let us help.

You are one of us. You are our brother. And you cannot and will not let us down, one day at a time. Post roll. Keep your word. You can do this Greg.

Worktowin

Offline slinger

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and two sons, sports, hunting, fishing, and quitting.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2014, 11:05:00 AM »
Hey brother, whatever it is that you're going through will only be made worse by caving. You've come too far for that.
We are what we repeatedly do. ~ Aristotle

Quit or get off the pot, Sally. ~ Diesel2112

The way I see it, you can either post roll daily or fuck off. ~ jost2brown

Bam! Right in the ass! ~ MonsterEMT

Quit Date: 3/4/14
HOF Date: 6/11/14
2nd Floor: 9/19/14
HOF Speech

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2014, 11:03:00 AM »
one problem + nicotine = 2 problems

check you inbox
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline macgregor

• Quitter
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2014, 10:59:00 AM »

Offline Bob Copenhagen

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Thumblewort
It is not a good time for my quiting. I don't know why but i feel that I can fuck it up in the nearest future... I did not write my hall of fame speech so far but I ve got very strong cravings. I'm on the KTC everyday and everyday I'm posting but I feel that I can loose :(
Mac, you have gone 100+ days brother, go back to minute by minute if you have to. You have all of the tools with you, use them again to get you over this rough spot.
MacGregor! How the hell are you man?

Here are a few things to think about... you are quit 115 days today. How many days did you poison your brain? A lot more than 115! It is going to take time to heal... it won't happen overnight -it is a process. The process doesn't take 100 days. It takes everyone a different amount of time.

Here is what I do know. I know that your word is as good as gold. You are a man of your word. And I look, every day, to make sure that your name is on that July roll call. Because if your name is on that list then you are clean for that day. Tomorrow... who cares? Worry about that tomorrow. When you stop posting, you stop quitting.

Read the last line again Greg... every person that I can think of that has posted a second day one on KTC has done so because they stopped posting. Why on earth anyone would stop is beyond me... some people just don't get it. You do. Keep posting.

Dude, I wasn't healed at day 100... not even close. I'm not "cured" now. I'll never be cured... I'll always be an addict. But I'll tell you this... what you are experiencing now is not what your future looks like. The time after 100 is typically a down time in a quit. Normal. But bright days are ahead.

In the meantime... you have 105 posts in 115 days. Consider reaching out to a new quitter. Nothing will amplify your resolve more than fighting in the trenches with a comrade that is struggling. Plus... it reminds you of the bullshit of your early days. The days that, 115 days in, you have kinda forgotten about. Go back and read some of your early posts while you are at it. You are healing Greg...

Have a great weekend. You can do this. One day at a time.
You are Amazing dude. You have a lot of followers amazing.
I would recend buying a gaming console as it has helped me staY quit bit with a head set because I started dipping and smoking more when I just played games bit when I talked to people it strengthen my quit. I would love to get a ban of people from here to gaming consoles.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2014, 04:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Mac, you have gone 100+ days brother, go back to minute by minute if you have to. You have all of the tools with you, use them again to get you over this rough spot.
MacGregor! How the hell are you man?

Here are a few things to think about... you are quit 115 days today. How many days did you poison your brain? A lot more than 115! It is going to take time to heal... it won't happen overnight -it is a process. The process doesn't take 100 days. It takes everyone a different amount of time.

Here is what I do know. I know that your word is as good as gold. You are a man of your word. And I look, every day, to make sure that your name is on that July roll call. Because if your name is on that list then you are clean for that day. Tomorrow... who cares? Worry about that tomorrow. When you stop posting, you stop quitting.

Read the last line again Greg... every person that I can think of that has posted a second day one on KTC has done so because they stopped posting. Why on earth anyone would stop is beyond me... some people just don't get it. You do. Keep posting.

Dude, I wasn't healed at day 100... not even close. I'm not "cured" now. I'll never be cured... I'll always be an addict. But I'll tell you this... what you are experiencing now is not what your future looks like. The time after 100 is typically a down time in a quit. Normal. But bright days are ahead.

In the meantime... you have 105 posts in 115 days. Consider reaching out to a new quitter. Nothing will amplify your resolve more than fighting in the trenches with a comrade that is struggling. Plus... it reminds you of the bullshit of your early days. The days that, 115 days in, you have kinda forgotten about. Go back and read some of your early posts while you are at it. You are healing Greg...

Have a great weekend. You can do this. One day at a time.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2014, 01:55:00 PM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline macgregor

• Quitter
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2014, 08:42:00 PM »
Thanks for all good words... I'm posting so far... and I'm thinking about the HOF speech... But now I know that this 100 days is onlya beggining...
One day at a time! Every day is another reason to celebrate. The wins keep getting easier too. Keep going macgregor! I quit with you today!!!

Offline macgregor

• Quitter
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »
Thanks for all good words... I'm posting so far... and I'm thinking about the HOF speech... But now I know that this 100 days is onlya beggining...

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2014, 08:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Air
Macgregor,

I sent you a PM earlier today congratulating you on hitting the hall but I want to encourage you that this is only the beginning brother. I too quit with you  the rest of the July DD group back on April 10th of this year. You gotta wrap your mind around this quit  embrace this KTC crowd my friend. I know that you live overseas in Poland but we're all in this battle together regardless of what nation we represent. I applaud you for making it this far. I challenge you to join me on the hunt to 200. We can  will beat this demon but lets face it together. I quit with you ALL!
This is a wise friend, Greg. Posting is free insurance. The best and only free insurance I have. Plus, this place is awesome. Protect your quit !

Offline Air Force ADDICT

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Wife & kids, mountian biking/cycling, running, surfing/body surfing... Pretty much anything outdoors.
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »
Macgregor,

I sent you a PM earlier today congratulating you on hitting the hall but I want to encourage you that this is only the beginning brother. I too quit with you  the rest of the July DD group back on April 10th of this year. You gotta wrap your mind around this quit  embrace this KTC crowd my friend. I know that you live overseas in Poland but we're all in this battle together regardless of what nation we represent. I applaud you for making it this far. I challenge you to join me on the hunt to 200. We can  will beat this demon but lets face it together. I quit with you ALL!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2014, 08:32:00 AM »
Gratz on the HoF Mac!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline sixercountry

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-03
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2014, 08:30:00 AM »
Nice job on 100 greg...awesome accomplishment bud