Author Topic: Hi my name is Gregory  (Read 10336 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: Hi my name is Gregory
« Reply #173 on: June 08, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Smeds
Fuck me ... you caved. So many people pulling for you, and you just let it slip away. You and only you decide if you will be weak, or strong. Your roll posting was a reflection of your mindset ... weak. Not how we do things Greg, not at all. You planned this cave for a while. Dumb-ass.
Seriously? These weak ass cavers amaze me. They don't get it. Grab your sack and quit EDD. It's not rocket science here. It's whether or not you value your own life and whether or not you have any self-respect.
Damn it Greg.

You know how this works. I cannot believe you took a shit on all of us.

I hope you read through this whole thread. I hope that you think about all of the areas in your life where you get this level of support and commitment from ANYONE. Much less a group of total strangers. And I hope that while you sit there trying your damnedest to get your jaw eaten off that you are thinking about each of us.

Unacceptable.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #172 on: June 08, 2015, 07:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Smeds
Fuck me ... you caved. So many people pulling for you, and you just let it slip away. You and only you decide if you will be weak, or strong. Your roll posting was a reflection of your mindset ... weak. Not how we do things Greg, not at all. You planned this cave for a while. Dumb-ass.
Seriously? These weak ass cavers amaze me. They don't get it. Grab your sack and quit EDD. It's not rocket science here. It's whether or not you value your own life and whether or not you have any self-respect.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #171 on: June 08, 2015, 05:24:00 PM »
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2015, 10:02:00 PM »
Congratulations on 365 macgregor! You fought hard - but I promise you even brighter days are ahead. One day at a time!

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: steffano626
Quote from: macgregor
I've red the SM post very carefully-it was magnificiant. Today I'm quiting :)
Hell, yeah! Glad to hear it brother...I was starting to worry. Whatever issues you, I, and any other quitter may have are not going to improve by succumbing to the nic bitch. I quit with you today!
In a little while your going to turn a major corner. You want to make this corner. Good things coming? Keep moving forward. Settle in and realize failure is not an option. That life no longer exists. To undo what has been started is incomprehensable (would suck). To many people backing you for you to fail. You got this. Make it today and tomorrow we'll start over again.
Good For you Mac.

I know you can do this. Stop listening to the addict in your head, just keep quitting, and the whole puzzle will fall together.

You got this
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
Quote from: steffano626
Hell, yeah! Glad to hear it brother...I was starting to worry. Whatever issues you, I, and any other quitter may have are not going to improve by succumbing to the nic bitch. I quit with you today!
In a little while your going to turn a major corner. You want to make this corner. Good things coming? Keep moving forward. Settle in and realize failure is not an option. That life no longer exists. To undo what has been started is incomprehensable (would suck). To many people backing you for you to fail. You got this. Make it today and tomorrow we'll start over again.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline steffano626

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-21
« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2014, 09:36:00 AM »

Offline macgregor

• Quitter
« Reply #166 on: August 12, 2014, 07:32:00 AM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2014, 09:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Lipizzaner
Quote from: Skoal
I hope my death is long from now. But when I go I want to do it with style. Like a stone cold pimp. With Grace.......

Not, like Tom Kern, listening to my children wailing " Daddy Please don't go" as I breathe my last breath from self induced cancer.

I watched my boy hit his first home run last year, his triumphant face is etched in my soul. It was fucking magnificent.

Not, Like Tom Kern- his son didn't get to look up and see his fathers smiling face, his dad chose suicide on the installment plan.

I will take my girls to College and walk them down the aisle, I will be there when they have their first date, Prom, graduation,to hug, all of it.

I will watch my son grow into a man, without the burden of losing his father. I will teach him to hunt and fish, and garden and write poetry to woo bitches. I'll be there.

I'll hold my wife's hand as we grow old together or for as long as the universe sees fit to keep me around, And I will die smiling because I lived the best life I could have.

I will most likely will die of something ridiculously stupid, but it will not be death by nicotine. I could never knowingly do that to the people I love.

Besides, I'm a chicken shit. Dying from mouth cancer is akin to being autopsied while your still living. First maybe they take your tongue , then your cheek or jaw , then neck most likely. The radiation has been described as a BBQ, and CHEMO? Well that's a special little hell I'd prefer to opt out of. No thanks.

Your call macgregor, this coin only has two sides, now you must excuse me, I have to call Grace, my wife is getting suspicious 'winker'

sM

Great post SM.
If this extended pity session is anything other than a planned cave, hopefully your post helps pull his head out of his ass.
Gregory- you are at a crossroads, and enough people have begged you to find reason.
Are you quit or do you want to go hump a can and get cancer?
Damn. SM is back!

This sure strengthened my quit today. Thank you!

Mac - you have been given a real gift here. Take it to heart.

Offline Lipizzaner

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2014, 08:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Skoal
I hope my death is long from now. But when I go I want to do it with style. Like a stone cold pimp. With Grace.......

Not, like Tom Kern, listening to my children wailing " Daddy Please don't go" as I breathe my last breath from self induced cancer.

I watched my boy hit his first home run last year, his triumphant face is etched in my soul. It was fucking magnificent.

Not, Like Tom Kern- his son didn't get to look up and see his fathers smiling face, his dad chose suicide on the installment plan.

I will take my girls to College and walk them down the aisle, I will be there when they have their first date, Prom, graduation,to hug, all of it.

I will watch my son grow into a man, without the burden of losing his father. I will teach him to hunt and fish, and garden and write poetry to woo bitches. I'll be there.

I'll hold my wife's hand as we grow old together or for as long as the universe sees fit to keep me around, And I will die smiling because I lived the best life I could have.

I will most likely will die of something ridiculously stupid, but it will not be death by nicotine. I could never knowingly do that to the people I love.

Besides, I'm a chicken shit. Dying from mouth cancer is akin to being autopsied while your still living. First maybe they take your tongue , then your cheek or jaw , then neck most likely. The radiation has been described as a BBQ, and CHEMO? Well that's a special little hell I'd prefer to opt out of. No thanks.

Your call macgregor, this coin only has two sides, now you must excuse me, I have to call Grace, my wife is getting suspicious 'winker'

sM

Great post SM.
If this extended pity session is anything other than a planned cave, hopefully your post helps pull his head out of his ass.
Gregory- you are at a crossroads, and enough people have begged you to find reason.
Are you quit or do you want to go hump a can and get cancer?

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »

sM
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Greg - When I feel a crave or the desire to dip again, I imagine how the day after dipping will be for me. I would have to tell my wife, my kids, my co-workers that knew I had quit. Also my extended family and friends in my circle of life that up until now have been super proud and supportive of my quit. I eventually would have to log back into KTC. And that would be absolutely horrible. We've all seen how that plays out. I could not imagine being on the receiving end of the barrage of anger and betrayal posts from my quit month brothers. But all that pales in comparison to the toughest part of all. Looking in the mirror at yourself. Knowing what you have done. Knowing what you could have been. Knowing that you did not give it your all. Knowing that you let yourself down. It makes no sense to dip. Convince yourself of this - it is easier to stay quit. It's the right thing to do. Dip or snus is off the table, it's simply not an option.

Be strong Greg.
Mac, please re-read this ^^^^^ post. It cannot be said any better. I have rough days as well. Last week I went out with the boys and saw a midnight movie, and the nic bitch whispered in my ear "no one will know". And it wasn't the fact I was quit that day, it was what Done4 said. Why would I waste 121 days at the time to have who knows how much more slavery, and total and complete humiliation on top of it?

I can't speak for anyone, but quitting has been one of the top 3 hardest things I have ever done. I can't imagine going back to a day 1. Fear shouldn't be a factor in a quit, but it is for me - I fear caving as much as I feared quitting , and I will fight daily to be quit for 24 hours.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline steffano626

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-21
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2014, 02:52:00 AM »
Quote from: Thewolfe
Quote from: Diesel2112
Today I'm quitting, but I feel that my addiction iż strong. And there is another thing in quiting. To yesterday I nad been thinking that my life without nic is exactly the same - maybe without one thing - the nicotine. TODAY I realized that if I want to quit forever I have to change whole my life od maybe it's big part - and it's one od the best part od my life which I shared with the nic... And it really sucks!!
Please explain this.

You have to change your whole life? Why?

You need to take a long look in the mirror and decide if you really want this. You sound like someone on a crash course back to the can. You sound weak as hell.

Man the fuck up and dig deep.
Come on man. You know that shit will do nothing good for you. Think back to the day you decided to quit. Those reasons are still true today.

Your life is better for quitting. You don't waste money, you are healthier, your mouth is in better condition and so on. Things are NOT the same now as they were when you dipped last.

I think you are having some other troubles in your life. Just remember if you cave because of those troubles after you spit it out you will STILL HAVE those problems. It will solve nothing. It will fix nothing but it WILL once again begin to kill you and possibly take years away of time with your son and family.

Steady yourself, put your head down like a bull and push thru the day. Just post roll and Make it thru one day.

YOU ARE STRONG.
Well, Gregory, I'm not sure how your life without nicotine is no better. Sure kicking the nic bitch to the curb doesn't solve all of our problems, but neither does feeding the addiction. I'm not familiar with the post-HOF funk that vets talk about, but I think it wise that we listen.

If you have other parts of your life that you want to improve, check out the non-dipping topics on the "Getting my act together" page. Weight loss, exercise, meditation, ANYTHING else is worth a try. I just don't believe that life was as good when you were hooked to the can.

Offline thewolfe

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4-2-2014
  • Interests: Quitting. Hi-end audio and quality recordings of anything from classical to jazz, folk, bluegrass, rock, good 80s metal, and of course the crooners, The desert, hiking, camping and shooting.
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2014, 02:18:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Today I'm quitting, but I feel that my addiction iż strong. And there is another thing in quiting. To yesterday I nad been thinking that my life without nic is exactly the same - maybe without one thing - the nicotine. TODAY I realized that if I want to quit forever I have to change whole my life od maybe it's big part - and it's one od the best part od my life which I shared with the nic... And it really sucks!!
Please explain this.

You need to take a long look in the mirror and decide if you really want this. You sound like someone on a crash course back to the can. You sound weak as hell.

Come on man. You know that shit will do nothing good for you. Think back to the day you decided to quit. Those reasons are still true today.

Your life is better for quitting. You don't waste money, you are healthier, your mouth is in better condition and so on. Things are NOT the same now as they were when you dipped last.

I think you are having some other troubles in your life. Just remember if you cave because of those troubles after you spit it out you will STILL HAVE those problems. It will solve nothing. It will fix nothing but it WILL once again begin to kill you and possibly take years away of time with your son and family.

Steady yourself, put your head down like a bull and push thru the day. Just post roll and Make it thru one day.

YOU ARE STRONG.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2014, 10:24:00 PM »
Please explain this.

Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."