Author Topic: I am quitting  (Read 16307 times)

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I am quitting
« Reply #267 on: March 06, 2014, 11:01:00 AM »
Quote from: jbradley
Quote from: kdip
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Bulldog0311
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: mogul
Quote from: Winter
I'd like to bring Paul up.  My quit was questioned tonight by somebody, and not one single person said anything besides myself.  And Paul.......this sumbitch not only talks the talk but he walks the walk.  He stood up in the name of my quit, which most of you know is harder than a priest at a boys basketball camp.  There arent may people that will put there neck on the line for somebody elses quit, But Paul is one of them.  If I was in April, I'd be reaching out and gettn this guys number,  He could save your life,  He has walked this road before, as have I.  He knows how to quit.  Thanks PP you made my quit stronger tonight.

Winter Green~~94
awesome from you guys. Live chat was bullshit tonight. Like a fucking crazy house. Even I couldn't stand it. that is saying something. Winter Green, I am one of your biggest fans. Thanks for being quit and no matter what, I quit with you.

Chris
Completely turned off by Chat last night. Mod was a douche. Railing on WG was completely uncalled for. What a zoo!
What the fuck? Winter Green has been nothing but an outstanding brother who regularly steps up to take point in our group. He motivates and castigates as necessary. Please tell me that wasn't someone from March WG.
I quit with you any day WG.

;Ironman:
WG and PP are bad asses in my book. I was there, but missed a lot of it because my wife was yapping and I was trying to read it on my iPhone. Anyway, don't let ANYONE fuck with your quits! Protect your own quits like they are the most valuable things in the world.
WG, and as the rest of you say, only YOU own your own quits. No one can take that away. I don't know if I was there or not when that went down or I may have missed something. I would have defended any of you in this thread if saw someone was questioning your quits.
I wish I would have been there as well. Mod or not, WG is a badass quitter and I would have said something as well.

Paul, glad you were there too stick up for WG. Badass quitters need badass backup sometimes.
I too am sorry I missed that. WG you know that I got your back and I always have. Paul I am also very glad to seer the transformation that you too have made. Both of you are great quitters, living your quits one day at a time, no one can ask for more than that.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #266 on: March 06, 2014, 10:59:00 AM »
Quote from: kdip
I'd like to bring Paul up.  My quit was questioned tonight by somebody, and not one single person said anything besides myself.  And Paul.......this sumbitch not only talks the talk but he walks the walk.  He stood up in the name of my quit, which most of you know is harder than a priest at a boys basketball camp.  There arent may people that will put there neck on the line for somebody elses quit, But Paul is one of them.  If I was in April, I'd be reaching out and gettn this guys number,  He could save your life,  He has walked this road before, as have I.  He knows how to quit.  Thanks PP you made my quit stronger tonight.

Winter Green~~94
awesome from you guys. Live chat was bullshit tonight. Like a fucking crazy house. Even I couldn't stand it. that is saying something. Winter Green, I am one of your biggest fans. Thanks for being quit and no matter what, I quit with you.

Chris
Completely turned off by Chat last night. Mod was a douche. Railing on WG was completely uncalled for. What a zoo!
What the fuck? Winter Green has been nothing but an outstanding brother who regularly steps up to take point in our group. He motivates and castigates as necessary. Please tell me that wasn't someone from March WG.

;Ironman:
WG and PP are bad asses in my book. I was there, but missed a lot of it because my wife was yapping and I was trying to read it on my iPhone. Anyway, don't let ANYONE fuck with your quits! Protect your own quits like they are the most valuable things in the world.
WG, and as the rest of you say, only YOU own your own quits. No one can take that away. I don't know if I was there or not when that went down or I may have missed something. I would have defended any of you in this thread if saw someone was questioning your quits.
I wish I would have been there as well. Mod or not, WG is a badass quitter and I would have said something as well.

Paul, glad you were there too stick up for WG. Badass quitters need badass backup sometimes.

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #265 on: March 06, 2014, 10:56:00 AM »

Winter Green~~94

Chris

;Ironman:

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2014, 10:32:00 AM »

Winter Green~~94

Chris

;Ironman:
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Bulldog0311

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/02/13
« Reply #263 on: March 06, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »

Winter Green~~94

Chris

;Ironman:

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #262 on: March 06, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »

Winter Green~~94

Chris
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2014, 09:51:00 PM »
I'd like to bring Paul up. My quit was questioned tonight by somebody, and not one single person said anything besides myself. And Paul.......this sumbitch not only talks the talk but he walks the walk. He stood up in the name of my quit, which most of you know is harder than a priest at a boys basketball camp. There arent may people that will put there neck on the line for somebody elses quit, But Paul is one of them. If I was in April, I'd be reaching out and gettn this guys number, He could save your life, He has walked this road before, as have I. He knows how to quit. Thanks PP you made my quit stronger tonight.

Winter Green~~94

Chris

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2014, 09:33:00 PM »
TY WG
You may not necessarily need the support, but others most definitely do. Be a shining beacon for others. Blaze the path for them to follow!!!

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »
I'd like to bring Paul up. My quit was questioned tonight by somebody, and not one single person said anything besides myself. And Paul.......this sumbitch not only talks the talk but he walks the walk. He stood up in the name of my quit, which most of you know is harder than a priest at a boys basketball camp. There arent may people that will put there neck on the line for somebody elses quit, But Paul is one of them. If I was in April, I'd be reaching out and gettn this guys number, He could save your life, He has walked this road before, as have I. He knows how to quit. Thanks PP you made my quit stronger tonight.

Winter Green~~94
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: quit 2-19-2012!
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2014, 06:36:00 PM »
Quote from: ppolcyn
Just wanted to give a few shout outs:

For some stupid reason, I had a crave from hell. I texted J2B and CBird and also went in chat, where Pinched, p.23 and a recent retread talked me down.

Hopefully somebody reads this and takes this advice:

If you get a crave, reach out so you dont cave. The guys on here help and only ask that you help someone else when they need talked down from the ledge

This place is cool as fuck!!!

so thanks J2B, CBrird, Pinched, p.23, and recent retread!!
well done PP way to use your quit tools!

excellent!!!

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2014, 05:16:00 PM »
Just wanted to give a few shout outs:

For some stupid reason, I had a crave from hell. I texted J2B and CBird and also went in chat, where Pinched, p.23 and a recent retread talked me down.

Hopefully somebody reads this and takes this advice:

If you get a crave, reach out so you dont cave. The guys on here help and only ask that you help someone else when they need talked down from the ledge

This place is cool as fuck!!!

so thanks J2B, CBrird, Pinched, p.23, and recent retread!!
You may not necessarily need the support, but others most definitely do. Be a shining beacon for others. Blaze the path for them to follow!!!

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #256 on: March 04, 2014, 02:32:00 PM »
Quote from: T-Cell
Nice 50 Paul! Great job owning and building your quit!
'oh yeah'
Fantastic Paul!!!
You're a rock star!!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #255 on: March 04, 2014, 02:18:00 PM »
Nice 50 Paul! Great job owning and building your quit!
'oh yeah'
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #254 on: March 04, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »
When the addicted mind gets on stage. Recall how you felt when you were done with that act!

Only today is your battle. Its a battle you can win. Tomorrow? Forget about it. When its here then we can worry.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #253 on: March 04, 2014, 01:30:00 PM »
Doing great! 50 is no small feat, and it's getting stronger every day!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!