Author Topic: I am quitting  (Read 16310 times)

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I am quitting
« Reply #252 on: March 04, 2014, 01:25:00 PM »
Congrats on the Five OH!!! B)

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2014, 12:48:00 PM »
'BanDog'
Make Your Decision

Offline peters6278

• Quitter
  • Interests: QuittingPerusing the topics here at KTCHomebrewingDrinking craft beerPlaying with my KidsShooting SportsRunning/Weight LiftingAnything involving power tools
« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2014, 10:44:00 AM »
Nice work on 50 Paul. You've got a harcore quit going.
Living the dream, one day at a time.

Quit Date 01/10/14
HOF Date 04/19/14

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #249 on: March 04, 2014, 06:19:00 AM »
Quote from: ppolcyn
Five fucking Oh
Paul, well fought! The battle rages on but we f'in got this:-) Fifth step on your way to the first floor of HOF!!!

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #248 on: March 04, 2014, 05:46:00 AM »
Five fucking Oh
You may not necessarily need the support, but others most definitely do. Be a shining beacon for others. Blaze the path for them to follow!!!

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #247 on: March 03, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »
Angry as fuck at cavers in June 14.
Caving still pisses me off. But many are just newbie/foggy fuckers who show up here still pathetic slaves to their addiction. They don't believe they can quit so they can't. The nic bitch still totally owns them. Many you can help by getting their attention and telling them the truth. Others are simply not ready to quit, despite thinking/wishing they were when they signed up. But many cavers do come back to be bad ass quitters, so reaching out to them might strengthen your quit as well. Cavers I just find sad that they didn't think they could be free...
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #246 on: March 03, 2014, 06:24:00 PM »
Angry as fuck at cavers in June 14.
You may not necessarily need the support, but others most definitely do. Be a shining beacon for others. Blaze the path for them to follow!!!

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #245 on: March 02, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »
Quote from: derk40
you can have just one. you have quit for almost 50 days. good job, celebrate with aa dip.

^^^^ thoughts this morning

Geez, the nic bitch just wont let go.

FUCK YOU!!!!
I was driving in to work this morning and I had that same thought come into my head. After 253 days... "you can have just one"... I still happens to me during the week.

As soon as those thoughts enter my mind... I quickly regroup, laugh at how stupid it is and tell the Nic B to F off!

The first week of my quit I'd dwell on those thoughts... at week 50 it got a little easier to beat back... at 253 it is a lot easier to knock it out.

We are addicts and we need to work the plan EDD! Never a time for let down. Even at day 253... I am a stupid ass decision away from throwing my hard earned quit down the drain. Not gonna happen today. No F-in way. I posted roll and I will keep my word. Quit with you today!
Still there at day 752, but it is almost just a broken record clip or 60's sitcom laugh track at this point. I expect it, and it sounds the same every time. It sounds hollow and pathetic, damn near laughable. I brush her aside almost without thought. But the deal is you have to kick her ass every single time. She only has to win once.
Build that quit to massive proportions.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #244 on: March 02, 2014, 10:11:00 AM »
you can have just one. you have quit for almost 50 days. good job, celebrate with aa dip.

FUCK YOU!!!!
I was driving in to work this morning and I had that same thought come into my head. After 253 days... "you can have just one"... I still happens to me during the week.

As soon as those thoughts enter my mind... I quickly regroup, laugh at how stupid it is and tell the Nic B to F off!

The first week of my quit I'd dwell on those thoughts... at week 50 it got a little easier to beat back... at 253 it is a lot easier to knock it out.

We are addicts and we need to work the plan EDD! Never a time for let down. Even at day 253... I am a stupid ass decision away from throwing my hard earned quit down the drain. Not gonna happen today. No F-in way. I posted roll and I will keep my word. Quit with you today!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #243 on: March 02, 2014, 08:26:00 AM »

FUCK YOU!!!!

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #242 on: February 27, 2014, 12:38:00 AM »
Thanx.

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #241 on: February 27, 2014, 12:23:00 AM »
Quote from: Coach
There are others as well that have helped.

TCELL, J2B (aka cocksucker, just kidding, he gets it) Wastepanel, Coach Steve, Grizz, D2Maine, Zam and I am sure lotsa of others
"Helped" is the key word. You've owned your quit and taken control one day at a time. Quit like fuck with you today Paul!

p.s. J2B is also a jizzlicker.
Hey, if it keeps you quit 'winker'
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline crowleye72

• Quitter
  • Interests: hunting, fishing ranching family
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2014, 12:10:00 AM »
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: sh4string
Quote from: Winter
Quote from: peters6278
Quote from: D2maine
Quote from: kdip
Quote from: SAM83
I don't know who all reads my intro but hopefully after this post everyone will. Last night I spent my evening crashed in the waiting room for the ICU at southen ohio medical center in Portsmouth ohio.

There was a fortyish woman crashed in there too. This morning we started talking a little and I found out her father is in really bad shape. I try not to be too nosy. She notices my jar of coffee and she sees my take a bite. She asked me why I was doing that. I told her that I recently gave up dipping snuff and that it helps me deal with it.

Immediately, she just breaks down. I am asking myself, "what the fuck did I do?" 

After a few moments she composes herself and says "daddy's in here because of that stuff".

As we talk more, she tells me that her father has dipped for over fifty years and has cancer that has metastasized and spread throughout his body. She invited me in to see him and what I see is a skinny man who looks like he has been in a concentration camp. After a few minutes of being in there, I had to leave.

The shit just got real. I couldn't take it. I saw myself on that hospital bed.

She said the doctor said he doesn't have much time. So please pray for Missy and John

So although that was an extremely horrible situation, seeing John like that strengthened my quit one million fold.

To anyone who hasn't quit yet, just imagine yourself laying in a hospital bed as a mere fraction of what you are now and nothing can really be done to save you. To know that it isn't long until that awful ugly dirty fucking whore, the nic Bitch and her filthy fucking partner, US Tobacco takes your life away.

No fucking way. I have too much to live for!!
Paul, thanks for sharing. Very powerful. Also, I hope you being the hospital does not mean you or your loved ones are having more serious issues. I think I remember you having a scare with your daughter. Is everything OK on your side?
Thanks for the dose of reality!!! Sometimes I still need a reminder
just unreal...thank you for sharing!
The bitch ain't playing folks. She plays for keeps. We all need to fight back with the same level of tenacity or it could be any of us on that hospital bed.
Fuck tobacco
Damn straight.....fuck tobacco.....I hate it
Thanks for posting. Yep, this shit is for real. Glad to quit with badasses who get it and help each other.
Great post PP! You own it!
Most never completely grasp that quitting really is life and death until they get smacked in the face with it. Hopefully it won't be their own face/jaw/tongue they are getting smacked with while they figure it out. It took me 38 years of playing those crappy odds to figure out I had to quit...
wow really makes you want to quit thanks for sharing

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
« Reply #239 on: February 26, 2014, 04:57:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
I don't know who all reads my intro but hopefully after this post everyone will. Last night I spent my evening crashed in the waiting room for the ICU at southen ohio medical center in Portsmouth ohio.

There was a fortyish woman crashed in there too. This morning we started talking a little and I found out her father is in really bad shape. I try not to be too nosy. She notices my jar of coffee and she sees my take a bite. She asked me why I was doing that. I told her that I recently gave up dipping snuff and that it helps me deal with it.

Immediately, she just breaks down. I am asking myself, "what the fuck did I do?" 

After a few moments she composes herself and says "daddy's in here because of that stuff".

As we talk more, she tells me that her father has dipped for over fifty years and has cancer that has metastasized and spread throughout his body. She invited me in to see him and what I see is a skinny man who looks like he has been in a concentration camp. After a few minutes of being in there, I had to leave.

She said the doctor said he doesn't have much time. So please pray for Missy and John

So although that was an extremely horrible situation, seeing John like that strengthened my quit one million fold.

To anyone who hasn't quit yet, just imagine yourself laying in a hospital bed as a mere fraction of what you are now and nothing can really be done to save you. To know that it isn't long until that awful ugly dirty fucking whore, the nic Bitch and her filthy fucking partner, US Tobacco takes your life away.

Paul, thanks for sharing. Very powerful. Also, I hope you being the hospital does not mean you or your loved ones are having more serious issues. I think I remember you having a scare with your daughter. Is everything OK on your side?
The bitch ain't playing folks. She plays for keeps. We all need to fight back with the same level of tenacity or it could be any of us on that hospital bed.
Fuck tobacco
Thanks for posting. Yep, this shit is for real. Glad to quit with badasses who get it and help each other.
Great post PP! You own it!
Most never completely grasp that quitting really is life and death until they get smacked in the face with it. Hopefully it won't be their own face/jaw/tongue they are getting smacked with while they figure it out. It took me 38 years of playing those crappy odds to figure out I had to quit...
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #238 on: February 26, 2014, 03:13:00 PM »

Fuck tobacco
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!