Author Topic: I am quitting  (Read 16321 times)

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I am quitting
« Reply #177 on: February 12, 2014, 04:56:00 PM »
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: ppolcyn
ONE MONTH IN!!!!
That's awesome, keep it up! And thanks for your daily support of Project Mayhem!
Tremendous, good job. Enjoy those 30 days of freedom. You should now know and believe that you can stay quit. There will be ups and downs in your quit over the next 70 days and beyond. Keep building and improving your quit every chance you get. Increase your accountability to others, broaden it. Next up, changing that urge and longing to disgust. It is simple brain chemistry, that shit didn't do anything useful for you. It just helped your brain make those associations so you would keep using.
Good job!
Way to kick nics ass for 30 days. I know that feels good and just let it feel good until you need to buckle down again. The days are about to really start rolling for ya. Next thing you know it will be 50. Way to be brother.

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #176 on: February 12, 2014, 10:09:00 AM »
Quote from: slug.go
ONE MONTH IN!!!!
That's awesome, keep it up! And thanks for your daily support of Project Mayhem!
Tremendous, good job. Enjoy those 30 days of freedom. You should now know and believe that you can stay quit. There will be ups and downs in your quit over the next 70 days and beyond. Keep building and improving your quit every chance you get. Increase your accountability to others, broaden it. Next up, changing that urge and longing to disgust. It is simple brain chemistry, that shit didn't do anything useful for you. It just helped your brain make those associations so you would keep using.
Good job!
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #175 on: February 12, 2014, 09:06:00 AM »
ONE MONTH IN!!!!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #174 on: February 12, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »
ONE MONTH IN!!!!
You may not necessarily need the support, but others most definitely do. Be a shining beacon for others. Blaze the path for them to follow!!!

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #173 on: February 11, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »
Quote from: duathman
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: srans
Quote from: GDubya
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: brettlees
I know that this isnt that much of a big deal for everyone else but for me it is so back off

I went to the gas station for the first time today with money in my pocket and I had the ability to buy snuff if I wanted it. I did want it, but I didnt but any.

Before today, I havent had any money, so it was easy to not buy: today I had to see where I was.

I know I want snuff and will continue to want it, but with easy access to it, I can resist it!!!
Looks like a victory to me-- nice job! one more trigger defeated!
I think that's a pretty big deal ppolcyn! Nice job.
Congrats bro. I promise you, if you just stay focused on adding those +1's, it keeps getting easier and better. Proud to be quit with you. Awesome job !!!
Your right, for the typical person that isn't in their first few weeks of quitting one of the most addictive drugs known to man might not understand where your coming from.

On the other hand your 17, 000 + brothers and sisters here no exactly what your talking about and applaud. Proud of you.
Nice job, that is winning!
Nice victory! Your money is better spent elsewhere. Quit on!
One victory down. Keep adding those days and keep putting your boot on that "want." Every time that "want" pops up get really pissed at it and tell her to FO. I see those cans at the station and I want to burn down the entire station. Not really for full disclosure. :ph43r:
Nice win for sure, and I am with duathman here: eventually you will not want to buy a can you will want to pile them in the parking lot, spray 'em with $20 worth of unleaded, and light them somzabvitchz up! Keep +1ing it gets way better!

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #172 on: February 11, 2014, 10:11:00 AM »
Quote from: derk40
I know that this isnt that much of a big deal for everyone else but for me it is so back off

I went to the gas station for the first time today with money in my pocket and I had the ability to buy snuff if I wanted it. I did want it, but I didnt but any.

Before today, I havent had any money, so it was easy to not buy: today I had to see where I was.

I know I want snuff and will continue to want it, but with easy access to it, I can resist it!!!
Congrats bro. I promise you, if you just stay focused on adding those +1's, it keeps getting easier and better. Proud to be quit with you. Awesome job !!!
Your right, for the typical person that isn't in their first few weeks of quitting one of the most addictive drugs known to man might not understand where your coming from.

On the other hand your 17, 000 + brothers and sisters here no exactly what your talking about and applaud. Proud of you.
One victory down. Keep adding those days and keep putting your boot on that "want." Every time that "want" pops up get really pissed at it and tell her to FO. I see those cans at the station and I want to burn down the entire station. Not really for full disclosure. :ph43r:

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »

Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2014, 09:53:00 AM »

quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2014, 08:13:00 AM »

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2014, 11:30:00 PM »

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2014, 03:49:00 PM »

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2014, 03:17:00 PM »

You may not necessarily need the support, but others most definitely do. Be a shining beacon for others. Blaze the path for them to follow!!!

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2014, 11:44:00 AM »
Quote from: SAM83
I have been quite busy this past week. But I feel great and quit is still good. A few craves here and there but nothing major. Gonna rededicate my quit this week and try to be more active on here.
Good to hear you are doing good.
^^^ X2. Glad to read it, and glad you'll be coming back around more. Keep building the strength, accountability, and support!
Nice job! Keep that quit coming!
^^ what they said. its nice to recharge every once in a while.
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »
Quote from: SAM83
I have been quite busy this past week. But I feel great and quit is still good. A few craves here and there but nothing major. Gonna rededicate my quit this week and try to be more active on here.
Good to hear you are doing good.
^^^ X2. Glad to read it, and glad you'll be coming back around more. Keep building the strength, accountability, and support!
Nice job! Keep that quit coming!
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14