Author Topic: I am quitting  (Read 16320 times)

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I am quitting
« Reply #192 on: February 18, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »
I actually find myself periodically looking through roll and making sure to fix it when someone has been bumped. I think that I have officially bought in by doing that.
You may not necessarily need the support, but others most definitely do. Be a shining beacon for others. Blaze the path for them to follow!!!

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #191 on: February 17, 2014, 07:07:00 AM »
Quote from: ppolcyn
I promise to not use nicotine in any form today. Breaking my word is not an option. I have too many brothers and sisters who have worked to fucking hard for me to fuck it up
Very powerful words! I quit with you.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2014, 03:01:00 AM »
I promise to not use nicotine in any form today. Breaking my word is not an option. I have too many brothers and sisters who have worked to fucking hard for me to fuck it up
For a man of very few words you seem to make your point loud and clear. You may not be one our English majors but you can damn sure speak QUIT! Proud to be quit right beside you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2014, 06:41:00 PM »
Damn straight!
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »
You may not necessarily need the support, but others most definitely do. Be a shining beacon for others. Blaze the path for them to follow!!!

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: 30isEnuff
I would have never made the progress I have made so far without the support from you guys.

Why do I say this because, when I "tried" my way, I failed miserably multiple times.

Sometimes, I guess you just need a swift kick in the ass to get going.
What ^^^^^ said X 1000!
well done Ppo,

we start with the kick, then we move to this safe
Some people wake up when they get slammed with the truth, others just keep lying to themselves and remain weak. Glad you are the former and have become a kick ass quitter.
Ppoly
I don't have any past history with you but I have been following your intro. (and read it from the very beginning)
What a transformation! Proud to be quit with you! ;Ironman:
Keep it up brother. Got some good quit going on in here today.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »
Quote from: T-Cell
I would have never made the progress I have made so far without the support from you guys.

Why do I say this because, when I "tried" my way, I failed miserably multiple times.

What ^^^^^ said X 1000!
well done Ppo,

Some people wake up when they get slammed with the truth, others just keep lying to themselves and remain weak. Glad you are the former and have become a kick ass quitter.
Ppoly
I don't have any past history with you but I have been following your intro. (and read it from the very beginning)
What a transformation! Proud to be quit with you! ;Ironman:

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2014, 10:33:00 AM »

What ^^^^^ said X 1000!
well done Ppo,

Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »

What ^^^^^ said X 1000!
well done Ppo,

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »

What ^^^^^ said X 1000!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline ppolcyn

• Quitter
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2014, 09:00:00 AM »

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #181 on: February 13, 2014, 04:52:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: srans
Quote from: Pinched
Ok, dude, it is gonna seem like people are taking a giant shit on you right now. They did the same to me when I came crawling back.

BUT, this sort of thing, addiction to the most addicting drug out there, requires quite a bit of toughness to be able to resist.

Come clean, it may seem like people are just harping at you; however, these people on here really do care about you. And from the information we get back from your coming clean, we can help you to make sure you dont fuck up again.

So, answer the three questions.

Here's another one that I think is good as well:

Can you honestly say that you utilized every resource around here before you gave in?

Answer the questions, buy in for real this time, or stay the fuck away!
HOLY SHIT Paul, I am proud of you man! Having walked through the hot coals yourself, and then continuing each day after then giving advice like this.

Well done man, well done!

P
Some people come to pretend. Some people come to act.

NOT POPCLN! He just came to QUIT! Any questions!?!?
I want to pile on here too. Very nice job, it felt so good to read you giving this support, after seeing what you've been through to get here. Keep it up man you're building a very solid quit!
I'm getting a little teary-eyed here. You have come a long way PP! :D
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #180 on: February 13, 2014, 02:44:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Ok, dude, it is gonna seem like people are taking a giant shit on you right now. They did the same to me when I came crawling back.

BUT, this sort of thing, addiction to the most addicting drug out there, requires quite a bit of toughness to be able to resist.

Come clean, it may seem like people are just harping at you; however, these people on here really do care about you. And from the information we get back from your coming clean, we can help you to make sure you dont fuck up again.

Can you honestly say that you utilized every resource around here before you gave in?

HOLY SHIT Paul, I am proud of you man! Having walked through the hot coals yourself, and then continuing each day after then giving advice like this.

P

I want to pile on here too. Very nice job, it felt so good to read you giving this support, after seeing what you've been through to get here. Keep it up man you're building a very solid quit!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2014, 02:32:00 PM »

P

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »

P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13