Author Topic: Diving right in!  (Read 4002 times)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Diving right in!
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: starr_78
Thanks for all of the support. I want to share a story that happened to me on day 200.

I am on day 199 and dragging my ass to work to finish out the week. I am thinking to myself tomorrow is 200!!! I was excited because I am tasting freedom! These milestones have been a nice way to reflect back and remember that suck and how far I have actually come.... Then I am launched back to reality... I am an addict and there is no way around that.

I get a text message from my old high school friend and college roommate for 2 years. He has now been in the Army for the past 5 years and I see and hear from him very rarely. He is in the Airborne Infantry and is in the "shit" most the time. 3 tours to Afghanistan and he has been stationed in Kuwait for the past year. He is a purple heart recipient and an all around bad ass. I digress from my point, that the looking forward bit me in the ass big time!

He told me he was back in the states and he was going to be heading towards our hometown that afternoon. I thought wow... I need to get my ass back and see him. I get to see him on day 200 of my quit. We start swapping old stories, have a few beers and get to some grilling. Good times, but not a story or beer went by without him either smoking another cigarette or putting in a big dip. I realized that I started to think about the dip after a little while. It entered my mind... One won't hurt.... damn nic bitch and her tricks.

She is sneaky and this is why we have to quit ODAAT and look forward to a +1. I was looking forward to the 200 milestone and the nic bitch was too. I had an easy time refusing any nicotine that night but it wasn't the fact that I had hit 200 days, it was the fact that I had built something worth protecting (My Quit).

Looking back this past 200 days, I had a lot more good days than bad days, but all it takes is one dip, or nasty thought to screw up a damn good thing I have here with my brothers and sisters. So I got to celebrate 200 days of quit (without nic) and am going to be signing up for 3-6-5 with the March 14' Iron Men. Not because I am looking forward, but because I need to keep all parts of my equation strong. That equation is Brotherhood (which is strong in my circle and KTC) + Accountability (post roll daily and keeping my promises not to use nic today) = Success (which is what I feel when I get to tell that nic bitch to go FUCK OFF!) Great day to be quit

Starr
Day 202
Early congrats since I wont have much time tomorrow. Great to see you still staying involved and paying it in all directions! Keep it up!
Awesome!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2014, 03:49:00 PM »
Thanks for all of the support. I want to share a story that happened to me on day 200.

I am on day 199 and dragging my ass to work to finish out the week. I am thinking to myself tomorrow is 200!!! I was excited because I am tasting freedom! These milestones have been a nice way to reflect back and remember that suck and how far I have actually come.... Then I am launched back to reality... I am an addict and there is no way around that.

I get a text message from my old high school friend and college roommate for 2 years. He has now been in the Army for the past 5 years and I see and hear from him very rarely. He is in the Airborne Infantry and is in the "shit" most the time. 3 tours to Afghanistan and he has been stationed in Kuwait for the past year. He is a purple heart recipient and an all around bad ass. I digress from my point, that the looking forward bit me in the ass big time!

He told me he was back in the states and he was going to be heading towards our hometown that afternoon. I thought wow... I need to get my ass back and see him. I get to see him on day 200 of my quit. We start swapping old stories, have a few beers and get to some grilling. Good times, but not a story or beer went by without him either smoking another cigarette or putting in a big dip. I realized that I started to think about the dip after a little while. It entered my mind... One won't hurt.... damn nic bitch and her tricks.

She is sneaky and this is why we have to quit ODAAT and look forward to a +1. I was looking forward to the 200 milestone and the nic bitch was too. I had an easy time refusing any nicotine that night but it wasn't the fact that I had hit 200 days, it was the fact that I had built something worth protecting (My Quit).

Looking back this past 200 days, I had a lot more good days than bad days, but all it takes is one dip, or nasty thought to screw up a damn good thing I have here with my brothers and sisters. So I got to celebrate 200 days of quit (without nic) and am going to be signing up for 3-6-5 with the March 14' Iron Men. Not because I am looking forward, but because I need to keep all parts of my equation strong. That equation is Brotherhood (which is strong in my circle and KTC) + Accountability (post roll daily and keeping my promises not to use nic today) = Success (which is what I feel when I get to tell that nic bitch to go FUCK OFF!) Great day to be quit

Starr
Day 202
Early congrats since I wont have much time tomorrow. Great to see you still staying involved and paying it in all directions! Keep it up!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2014, 02:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Remshot

Starr
Day 202
Congratulations on day 200 and beyond..I admire the solid foundation that you possess, that kept the nic bitch at bay.
bingo
Reading this made my quit stronger today, thank you, and gratz on the double hundo!
Way to rock, Starr....see what I did there? Seriously congrats on 200 and having a plan!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2014, 02:39:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65

Starr
Day 202
Congratulations on day 200 and beyond..I admire the solid foundation that you possess, that kept the nic bitch at bay.
bingo
Reading this made my quit stronger today, thank you, and gratz on the double hundo!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2014, 02:06:00 PM »

Starr
Day 202
bingo

Offline Remshot

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • The One
  • Quit Date: January 23, 2006
  • Interests: Family
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »

Starr
Day 202
QSXtreme

Quit -1/23/06
HOF -5/02/06 May 2006 Drama Queens

Proverbs 18:2

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."

A Quit Plan: Do you have one?

CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit.
After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco. SportDad 1/13/05

Warm summer sun, shine kindly here;
Warm southern wind, blow softly here;
Green sod above, lie light, lie light.-
Good-night, dear heart, good-night.

Be silly, be honest, be kind

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »

Starr
Day 202

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2014, 11:57:00 PM »
I am quit with you brother

Offline lighty7

• Quitter
  • Interests: UGA Football
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2014, 07:46:00 PM »
Starr - gratz on 2nd floor. Great accomplishment! Proud to quit with you today.

Offline Bulldog0311

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/02/13
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2014, 07:13:00 PM »
Proud to be quit you today Starr. Hell of an accomplishment. Iron Men to the end.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2014, 03:58:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Starr, way to grab that 2nd floor. Proud to call you a brother ;Ironman: !
Great quitting. Proud to quit with you. Keep the pedal to the metal.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2014, 01:02:00 PM »
Starr, way to grab that 2nd floor. Proud to call you a brother ;Ironman: !

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2014, 09:28:00 PM »
Quote from: lighty7
Quote from: golfpro9696
Quote from: mule
The fight between me and nicotine rages on, and last night I got smacked by that bitch. I was not expecting that, after all I am going to be hitting 6 months of quit here in about a week.... This is a marathon and not a sprint of quitting. I had the most realistic dip dream to date. I have had a few and they felt so real, but in those I woke up and was 100% I did nothing with dip. Last night was different.

I had a dream that I bought a can of Copenhagen, and was chewing so intensely, with the fattest dip ever. This is normal for my dip dreams but then what happened next made me think this was close to reality. I had almost polished off the can and remembered KTC. Yes KTC entered my dreams. I had also dreamed I posted day 1.... oh I was devastated and ashamed of how I did not keep my word to every one of you here. I actually contemplated leaving the site all together. The feeling was so real and I was in such disgust that I was swearing off dipping again.

So I decided to keep the last pinch in a can and stick it under my bed, this is still a dream btw. That is the time when I woke up in an absolute panic. I was checking under my bed.... nothing... I checked my teeth.... nothing.... I checked KTC.... No day 1 for this quitting mother fucker!!!

I think that it is awesome that even when I am dreaming. I can't think about dipping without panicking and falling back on my brotherhood and accountability that has been established. I established a great web of accountability, and friends, with the tools on KTC. You get what you put into KTC. I have placed my faith in complete strangers and they have stepped up to help a fellow stranger. All I did was agree to pick them up when they are feeling down. I think all new quitters need to understand, that is all KTC is about. Brotherhood + Accountability = Success. I want to thank all of my supporters for being helpful and I hope that I am an intricate part of every one of your quits as well.

Starr- 174 All day, Everyday, QLF
Really glad I saw this today.....

you sir are a quitting badass

definitely proud to quit with you
great post Starr- Mule is right about you man!
You're a good man Charlie Brown!

I hate that you have these dreams, but glad that's all they'll ever be from now on..... stupid fucking subconscience  addict mind.
Glad I read this - I'm on day 16 and I haven't had any dip dreams yet which has really surprised me. I was a tin of Kodiak/day guy for 20+ years. Not that I am getting complacent by any means but I think I had somehow put in the back of my mind that "Oh well, I guess I don't have to worry about the dip dreams". This is a good reminder that the nic bitch was probably stashing that card to play at a vulnerable time.

Not gonna happen bitch.

Proud to quit with you Starr
Starr, you totally fucking get this! You are a damn fine quitter and I got remotivated by this post. It's crazy how strong brotherhood and accountability make us. Quit on brother! Very proud of you.

Offline lighty7

• Quitter
  • Interests: UGA Football
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2014, 04:14:00 PM »
Quote from: golfpro9696
The fight between me and nicotine rages on, and last night I got smacked by that bitch. I was not expecting that, after all I am going to be hitting 6 months of quit here in about a week.... This is a marathon and not a sprint of quitting. I had the most realistic dip dream to date. I have had a few and they felt so real, but in those I woke up and was 100% I did nothing with dip. Last night was different.

I had a dream that I bought a can of Copenhagen, and was chewing so intensely, with the fattest dip ever. This is normal for my dip dreams but then what happened next made me think this was close to reality. I had almost polished off the can and remembered KTC. Yes KTC entered my dreams. I had also dreamed I posted day 1.... oh I was devastated and ashamed of how I did not keep my word to every one of you here. I actually contemplated leaving the site all together. The feeling was so real and I was in such disgust that I was swearing off dipping again.

So I decided to keep the last pinch in a can and stick it under my bed, this is still a dream btw. That is the time when I woke up in an absolute panic. I was checking under my bed.... nothing... I checked my teeth.... nothing.... I checked KTC.... No day 1 for this quitting mother fucker!!!

I think that it is awesome that even when I am dreaming. I can't think about dipping without panicking and falling back on my brotherhood and accountability that has been established. I established a great web of accountability, and friends, with the tools on KTC. You get what you put into KTC. I have placed my faith in complete strangers and they have stepped up to help a fellow stranger. All I did was agree to pick them up when they are feeling down. I think all new quitters need to understand, that is all KTC is about. Brotherhood + Accountability = Success. I want to thank all of my supporters for being helpful and I hope that I am an intricate part of every one of your quits as well.

I hate that you have these dreams, but glad that's all they'll ever be from now on..... stupid fucking subconscience  addict mind.
Glad I read this - I'm on day 16 and I haven't had any dip dreams yet which has really surprised me. I was a tin of Kodiak/day guy for 20+ years. Not that I am getting complacent by any means but I think I had somehow put in the back of my mind that "Oh well, I guess I don't have to worry about the dip dreams". This is a good reminder that the nic bitch was probably stashing that card to play at a vulnerable time.

Not gonna happen bitch.

Proud to quit with you Starr

Offline golfpro9696

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-12-09
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2014, 01:37:00 PM »

Quit Date: 12/9/2013
HOF Date: 3/18/2014
15th Floor: 1/16/2018
1 Year: 12/9/2014
2 Year: 12/9/2015
3 Year: 12/9/2016
4 Year: 12/9/2017

Proud member of March '14 Ironmen