Author Topic: Diving right in!  (Read 4005 times)

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Diving right in!
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 04:55:00 PM »
Congrats on a great accomplishment Starr! See ya in roll tomorrow. :D

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 11:59:00 AM »
Excellent. You sir are a bad ass! Keep up the awesome work!
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »
Way to go Starr! Keep it going strong!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 10:36:00 AM »
100 days of freedom...congrats Starr

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 09:20:00 AM »
Thank you everyone for all the awesome support! I wasn't expecting all of these bad asses to post up behind me like you all have. I'm proud to have a great group like March Ironmen and to all the support we get each day. I am proud to put another day of quit in the books with all of you!

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 10:38:00 PM »
Starr, fellow Ironman here and we're just a day apart as we chalk up +1's in the win column. Thanks for sharing this story and reminding me what an addict looks like through the eyes of a badass quitter. I'm fortunate in that I don't have friends who dip (and therein lies my inner ninja, who hid his addiction), so I don't have the chance to see reflections of my former self. Your victory yesterday is one to celebrate and I'm damn happy to see you on day 67 rather than at day 1. Just typing that last lineÂ…look at the distance 67 versus 1. That's a huge F'in deal. Proud of you and proud to quit with you.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2014, 07:32:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: golfpro9696
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: starr_78
I haven't been keeping up on my intro page like I probably should but I was not sure where else to put this.

Day 67 is how far I have made it so far and I am feeling great. I for the most part felt like I had shit under control with my addiction. Then last night I remembered why it is an addiction and not a habit. I ran into the nic bitch and it came at me in a form I am sure everyone here is familiar with.

I was hanging out with some old friends that I had not seen in months and they all dip. We were having a few beers and out came the cans. I told them I quit and that I was on 66 days quit and they were all supportive. They told a few stories about how they need to quit and it was basically "addict" talk. "Well I would quit if I wasn't working so hard" and "Oh that's good for you but I can control my habit" Then the cans came out and they packed a lip of shit.

Last night was a real tough test for me and I am happy to tell the nic bitch to fuck off with all of my quit brothers and sisters!  'Finger'
nice victory for yourself. remember this day

and congrats on 2/3 to the hall. you got this....

keep on moving forward with those +1s

'clap'
Very nice! You are winning battles and that was a big one.
Starr, you're one of the superstars of March! I'm glad to be quit with every damn day.
Way to go man ! I love a good victory story like this. Nice job keeping your freedom! Glad to be quitting with someone able to face it down like you did!
Very proud of YOU.
Takes real quit balls to do what you're doing...ODAAT. You got this.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 06:54:00 PM »
Quote from: golfpro9696
I haven't been keeping up on my intro page like I probably should but I was not sure where else to put this.

Day 67 is how far I have made it so far and I am feeling great. I for the most part felt like I had shit under control with my addiction. Then last night I remembered why it is an addiction and not a habit. I ran into the nic bitch and it came at me in a form I am sure everyone here is familiar with.

I was hanging out with some old friends that I had not seen in months and they all dip. We were having a few beers and out came the cans. I told them I quit and that I was on 66 days quit and they were all supportive. They told a few stories about how they need to quit and it was basically "addict" talk. "Well I would quit if I wasn't working so hard" and "Oh that's good for you but I can control my habit" Then the cans came out and they packed a lip of shit.

Last night was a real tough test for me and I am happy to tell the nic bitch to fuck off with all of my quit brothers and sisters!  'Finger'

'clap'
Starr, you're one of the superstars of March! I'm glad to be quit with every damn day.
Way to go man ! I love a good victory story like this. Nice job keeping your freedom! Glad to be quitting with someone able to face it down like you did!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline golfpro9696

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-12-09
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 03:54:00 PM »

'clap'
Quit Date: 12/9/2013
HOF Date: 3/18/2014
15th Floor: 1/16/2018
1 Year: 12/9/2014
2 Year: 12/9/2015
3 Year: 12/9/2016
4 Year: 12/9/2017

Proud member of March '14 Ironmen

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2014, 01:40:00 PM »

'clap'
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »

Last night was a real tough test for me and I am happy to tell the nic bitch to fuck off with all of my quit brothers and sisters! 'Finger'

'clap'

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »

Last night was a real tough test for me and I am happy to tell the nic bitch to fuck off with all of my quit brothers and sisters! 'Finger'

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 04:27:00 PM »
Read everything here. Stay close to the website. I found it impossible to think about caving while I was reading or chatting here, and I still do. Knowledge is power and there is all the knowledge about quitting nicotine that you will ever need here. PM me if you need anything.

Offline waketech

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 03:00:00 PM »
Quote from: ReconLdr
Welcome fellow quitter!!! (I never in my life would've thought those words could possibly mean something positive!!!)

I'm here to offer as much support as I can... being 3 weeks into my own quit, I'm not sure how much help I'll be but I'll try.
The support that you can offer is quitting together....holding each other accountable...and posting your promises to each other EVERY DAY!

Offline ReconLdr

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 02:01:00 PM »
Welcome fellow quitter!!! (I never in my life would've thought those words could possibly mean something positive!!!)

I'm here to offer as much support as I can... being 3 weeks into my own quit, I'm not sure how much help I'll be but I'll try.