Author Topic: Diving right in!  (Read 4001 times)

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Diving right in!
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2014, 10:59:00 AM »
Quote from: mule
Quote from: starr_78
The fight between me and nicotine rages on, and last night I got smacked by that bitch. I was not expecting that, after all I am going to be hitting 6 months of quit here in about a week.... This is a marathon and not a sprint of quitting. I had the most realistic dip dream to date. I have had a few and they felt so real, but in those I woke up and was 100% I did nothing with dip. Last night was different.

I had a dream that I bought a can of Copenhagen, and was chewing so intensely, with the fattest dip ever. This is normal for my dip dreams but then what happened next made me think this was close to reality. I had almost polished off the can and remembered KTC. Yes KTC entered my dreams. I had also dreamed I posted day 1.... oh I was devastated and ashamed of how I did not keep my word to every one of you here. I actually contemplated leaving the site all together. The feeling was so real and I was in such disgust that I was swearing off dipping again.

So I decided to keep the last pinch in a can and stick it under my bed, this is still a dream btw. That is the time when I woke up in an absolute panic. I was checking under my bed.... nothing... I checked my teeth.... nothing.... I checked KTC.... No day 1 for this quitting mother fucker!!!

I think that it is awesome that even when I am dreaming. I can't think about dipping without panicking and falling back on my brotherhood and accountability that has been established. I established a great web of accountability, and friends, with the tools on KTC. You get what you put into KTC. I have placed my faith in complete strangers and they have stepped up to help a fellow stranger. All I did was agree to pick them up when they are feeling down. I think all new quitters need to understand, that is all KTC is about. Brotherhood + Accountability = Success. I want to thank all of my supporters for being helpful and I hope that I am an intricate part of every one of your quits as well.

Starr- 174 All day, Everyday, QLF
Really glad I saw this today.....

you sir are a quitting badass

definitely proud to quit with you
great post Starr- Mule is right about you man!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline mule

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2008
  • Interests: Georgia Bulldawgs, hunting, fishing, coaching sports for kids
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2014, 10:44:00 AM »
The fight between me and nicotine rages on, and last night I got smacked by that bitch. I was not expecting that, after all I am going to be hitting 6 months of quit here in about a week.... This is a marathon and not a sprint of quitting. I had the most realistic dip dream to date. I have had a few and they felt so real, but in those I woke up and was 100% I did nothing with dip. Last night was different.

I had a dream that I bought a can of Copenhagen, and was chewing so intensely, with the fattest dip ever. This is normal for my dip dreams but then what happened next made me think this was close to reality. I had almost polished off the can and remembered KTC. Yes KTC entered my dreams. I had also dreamed I posted day 1.... oh I was devastated and ashamed of how I did not keep my word to every one of you here. I actually contemplated leaving the site all together. The feeling was so real and I was in such disgust that I was swearing off dipping again.

So I decided to keep the last pinch in a can and stick it under my bed, this is still a dream btw. That is the time when I woke up in an absolute panic. I was checking under my bed.... nothing... I checked my teeth.... nothing.... I checked KTC.... No day 1 for this quitting mother fucker!!!

I think that it is awesome that even when I am dreaming. I can't think about dipping without panicking and falling back on my brotherhood and accountability that has been established. I established a great web of accountability, and friends, with the tools on KTC. You get what you put into KTC. I have placed my faith in complete strangers and they have stepped up to help a fellow stranger. All I did was agree to pick them up when they are feeling down. I think all new quitters need to understand, that is all KTC is about. Brotherhood + Accountability = Success. I want to thank all of my supporters for being helpful and I hope that I am an intricate part of every one of your quits as well.

Really glad I saw this today.....

you sir are a quitting badass

definitely proud to quit with you

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2014, 10:39:00 AM »

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2014, 02:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Winter
Quote from: golfpro9696
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: E&C's
I am on day 135 and frustrated as all hell today. I want to write this for me first off and I hope this helps some new quitters as well. I just want to re-iterate the importance and significance of posting roll every day. Posting roll is our promise to our brothers and sisters that I will not use nicotine, in any form, today. We stick to our word that day. We post this early in the morning and we do this every damn day. It is as simple as that. There is no easier way to build trust within this community. We trade phone numbers and we text each other our promises for the day, if we cannot make a post for the day. Then that person posts for you with your quit group.

I think that scratches the surface of what posting roll every day does for a quitter. Yes you build trust, and quit tobacco, but for me this has been a much bigger process and I hope that it has been for many of you as well. I had to fight my own demons and look myself in the mirror everyday, as I posted roll. Roll taught me to examine my behavior for just ONE day and INTENTIONALLY change my behaviors. I see some comments being made "oh if I quit posting roll, then I won't be reminded of dip". Well what kind of addict bullshit talk is that! You are not ready to change, and you are not ready to have control in your own life! Make the decision to quit or not. You have the choice to live your life INTENTIONALLY or let life chose for you.

There are many things in life that we cannot control. Nicotine addiction is one thing, that NONE of us here can control. The one thing we can control though, is our behaviors. You are not here by accident. You are here because you are sick and tired, of being sick and tired. You have no control of your life because you have not examined your behaviors, and how they are affecting yourself and your life.

So when I post roll every morning, I examine my own life and decide that I am going to INTENTIONALLY live my life. I am going to change my behaviors and live without nicotine. My life is exponentially better since I have changed my behaviors.

Starr - Day 135
I am saving this for later! This man has it figured out. Quit with you today Starr!
Well said Starr, Its pathetic how we let a stupid weed beat us up and take control of our lives. Here's to finally turning the tables on that Bitch. Quit Like F with you today man!
Boom. My man Starr is a bad ass Ironman. Glad as fuck to quit with you EDD!
Great things come from March. This guy is one of them. Keep up the good work bro.
Wisdom: noun \ˈwiz-dəm\

: knowledge that is gained by having many experiences in life
: the natural ability to understand things that most other people cannot understand
: knowledge of what is proper or reasonable : good sense or judgment

It takes many years for most of us to gain a small slice of this, my man Starr has achieved it in 135 days of quit and a mere 25 years of life.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2014, 01:29:00 PM »
Quote from: golfpro9696
I am on day 135 and frustrated as all hell today. I want to write this for me first off and I hope this helps some new quitters as well. I just want to re-iterate the importance and significance of posting roll every day. Posting roll is our promise to our brothers and sisters that I will not use nicotine, in any form, today. We stick to our word that day. We post this early in the morning and we do this every damn day. It is as simple as that. There is no easier way to build trust within this community. We trade phone numbers and we text each other our promises for the day, if we cannot make a post for the day. Then that person posts for you with your quit group.

I think that scratches the surface of what posting roll every day does for a quitter. Yes you build trust, and quit tobacco, but for me this has been a much bigger process and I hope that it has been for many of you as well. I had to fight my own demons and look myself in the mirror everyday, as I posted roll. Roll taught me to examine my behavior for just ONE day and INTENTIONALLY change my behaviors. I see some comments being made "oh if I quit posting roll, then I won't be reminded of dip". Well what kind of addict bullshit talk is that! You are not ready to change, and you are not ready to have control in your own life! Make the decision to quit or not. You have the choice to live your life INTENTIONALLY or let life chose for you.

There are many things in life that we cannot control. Nicotine addiction is one thing, that NONE of us here can control. The one thing we can control though, is our behaviors. You are not here by accident. You are here because you are sick and tired, of being sick and tired. You have no control of your life because you have not examined your behaviors, and how they are affecting yourself and your life.

So when I post roll every morning, I examine my own life and decide that I am going to INTENTIONALLY live my life. I am going to change my behaviors and live without nicotine. My life is exponentially better since I have changed my behaviors.

Starr - Day 135
I am saving this for later! This man has it figured out. Quit with you today Starr!
Well said Starr, Its pathetic how we let a stupid weed beat us up and take control of our lives. Here's to finally turning the tables on that Bitch. Quit Like F with you today man!
Great things come from March. This guy is one of them. Keep up the good work bro.
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline golfpro9696

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-12-09
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »

Starr - Day 135
Quit Date: 12/9/2013
HOF Date: 3/18/2014
15th Floor: 1/16/2018
1 Year: 12/9/2014
2 Year: 12/9/2015
3 Year: 12/9/2016
4 Year: 12/9/2017

Proud member of March '14 Ironmen

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 12:53:00 PM »

Starr - Day 135

E&C's Dad

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 10:49:00 AM »

Starr - Day 135

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »
I quit with you today Starr.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 10:32:00 AM »

Starr - Day 135

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 03:21:00 PM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
I had a plan ...
...and that is how you do it ladies and gentlemen.

Anytime you need it, you have my digits...I'm there in a sec. Iron men through and true.
Perfect. Just perfect. Her trick plays are meaningless if you have a plan.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »
I had a plan ...
...and that is how you do it ladies and gentlemen.

Anytime you need it, you have my digits...I'm there in a sec. Iron men through and true.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
This past week was a week to forget and to remember all at the same time! I was caught off guard by this, but last week I went back through "the fog". It made me remember the suck and I felt like I was at day 2 again. It was short lived as it lasted only an afternoon, but I will not forget how that made me feel. I had bad cravings and picked up a can of Smokey Mountain (something I haven't used since day 45 or so) and ate a ton of seeds. I had a plan and fell onto the KTC way of dealing with craving. Embrace the suck and get this quit rolling ODAAT. Day 118

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 05:06:00 PM »
Quote from: Minny
Congrats on a great accomplishment Starr! See ya in roll tomorrow. :D
Well done.
Star is a great quitter. Way to go buddy, Ill be glad to quit with you every day. Now go have a cold one and celebrate!! You are a true badass of March
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 05:03:00 PM »
Congrats on a great accomplishment Starr! See ya in roll tomorrow. :D
Well done.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13