Author Topic: Day 140 and counting  (Read 29570 times)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 140 and counting
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »
Day 267

What is nicotine addiction?

By: Joel Spitzer

Nicotine is the tobacco plant's natural protection from being eaten by insects. It is a
super toxin that, drop for drop, is more lethal than strychnine or diamondback
Rattlesnake venom, and is three times deadlier than arsenic. Yet, amazingly, by
chance, this natural insecticide's chemical signature is so similar to the
neurotransmitter acetylcholine that once inside the brain it fits a host of chemical
locks permitting it direct and indirect control over the flow of more than 200
neurochemicals. Within ten seconds of that first-ever ingested dose, possibly, dizzy, coughing, and six shades of green, nicotine arrived at the brain's reward pathways where it generated an unearned flood of dopamine, resulting in an immediate yet possibly
unrecognized "aaah" reward sensation. Sensing it would cause most first-time
users to soon return to steal more. Nicotine also activated the body's fight or
flight pathways releasing adrenaline, and select serotonin pathways impacting
mood and impulsivity.

The Brain Defenses - Create Dependency

A toxic poison having been introduced into the body, the brain's defenses fought back, but in doing so they had no choice but to also turn down the mind's sensitivity to acetylcholine, the body's conductor of an entire orchestra of neurochemicals. Research suggests that aside from desensitizing receptors, that in some regions the brain it also diminished the number of receptors available to receive nicotine, in others it diminished available transporters but in most affected regions it grew or activated millions and millions of extra acetylcholine receptors (a process known as "up regulation"), almost as if trying to protect itself by more widely disbursing the arriving pesticide. There was only one problem. All the physical changes engineered a new tailored neuro-chemical sense of normal built entirely upon the presence of nicotine. Now, any attempt to stop using it would come with a risk of intermittent temporary hurtful anxieties and powerful mood shifts. A true chemical addiction was born. Returning home to the "real you" now had a price. Gradually the calmness and comfort associated with being the "real you," of going weeks and months without once wanting for nicotine, faded into distant or even forgotten memory. The brain's protective adjustments insured that any attempt to stop would leave you temporarily desensitized. Your dopamine reward system would briefly offer-up few rewards, the mind's fight or flight pathways might see nicotine's absence as danger and sound emotional anxiety alarms throughout the body, and mood circuitry might briefly leave you feeling depressed.

The Recovery Process

Successful nicotine dependency recovery is in maintaining the motivations, dreams
and patience needed to allow: (1) the physical mind time to re-sensitize brain
receptors, down-regulate receptor counts and re-adjust to functioning normally
again; (2) the subconscious mind time to encounter and re-condition (extinguish)
the bulks of our nicotine feeding cues, cues capable of trigging brief anxiety
episodes in an attempt to gain compliance; and (3) the conscious mind time to
either allow years of defensive dependency rationalizations to fade into distant
memory, or the intelligent quitter time to more rapidly destroy their impact through
honest reflection. Addiction brain chatter finally at end, natural neuro-chemical flow restored (with up to 17.5 fewer heart beats per minute), the ex-user will find themselves enjoying a deep and rich sense of inner quiet, calm, and tranquility once this temporary
journey of re-adjustment is substantially complete. The body's nicotine reserves decline by roughly half every two hours. It's not only the basic chemical half-life clock which determines mandatory nicotine feeding times, when quitting it's also the clock that determines how long it takes before the brain begins bathing in nicotine-free blood-serum, the moment "real" healing begins. It can take up to 72 hours for the blood-serum to become nicotine-free and 90% of nicotine's metabolites to be eliminated from the body via our urine. It's then that the anxieties associated with re-adjustment normally peak in intensity and begin to gradually decline. But just one powerful "hit" of nicotine and within seconds up to 50% of our brain's a4b2-type acetylcholine receptors will become occupied by nicotine. Although we may walk away from that first puff, dip or chew 100% convinced that we've gotten away with it, our brain recorded the entire dopamine experience in high definition memory and will soon be begging for more. Once free there can never be just “one”.

In your mind, see and treat nicotine as if the survival rate for its use is zero. Nicotine has been described as the perfect drug of addiction. It is little wonder that addicts struggle to free themselves from such a strong foe. Once clean the only way nicotine can enter the body again is through the addict’s conscious decision to use again. There is no demon or monster dwelling within us that forces us to use nicotine. Once consumed there will always be the memories of the “aaah” moment but they will fade with time as the mind and body recovers. Our most effective weapon against nicotine is and always has been our vastly superior intelligence, but only if put to work.

Offline Paul528

• Quitter
  • Interests: Home improvements, gardening, tinkering with old things, wood working, and hunting.
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Greg5280
A prayer for the dip addict

If you don't mind I would like to say a prayer for any addicted chewer who reads this. Lord I pray you can give us the power to overcome this addiction. While we read this, please fill our entire body with your strength and cast out all the nicotine and cravings. Please take away any urge we may have and right now, replace it with courage and wisdom. In this instant we beg for your mercy and thank you for the opportunity you have given us by leading us to this website. Please watch over everyone here and with your love see to it that we are all set free from our chains. We believe anything is possible through your hand, so I pray that as I read this you will break my addiction and have me feeling overwhelmed with your power and love. Thanks and praise, Amen
Amen Brother!
Quit at 5:00pm on 8 Feb 2010
(HOF 5/19/10) (2nd floor 8/27/10)(3rd floor 12/5/2010)(4th floor 3/15/11)(5th floor 6/23/11)(6th floor......................it just keeps going!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »
Lock and Load

By: Bob Seger

Well I wish I had a nickel for every time I fell and blamed somebody else
IÂ’d give a ton of money to the ones IÂ’ve hurt and Id still be sitting pretty well
IÂ’ve spent years losing touch of whatÂ’s right and whatÂ’s real, caught up in these missions of my own.
And youÂ’re telling me you think IÂ’ve done so damn well while were sitting here a thousand miles from home.
ThereÂ’s a hole in your wisdom, a hole in your sky and two holes in your head where the lights supposed to get by.

So many times IÂ’ve seen chances disappear I hesitate and watch them slip away
Like the time I fail to spend with the ones I love and its gone as sure as yesterday
All these users and fakers, big time takers manipulating everyone they see
I get caught up in their schemes and their useless dreams and the only one I have to blame is me.
I get turned `round and twisted, pulled left and right I can see where IÂ’m going, but I canÂ’t see the light

I can sit here, in the back half of my life and wonder when the other shoe will fall
Or I can stand up, point myself home and see if IÂ’ve learned anything at all
Mediocrity is easy, the good things take time the great need commitment, right down the line

Time to lock and load, Come in from the cold, Pay these debts I owe, And start again.
IÂ’ve been down this road, IÂ’ve seen things get old, time to get control, and start it all again
Time to lock and load, time to get control, time to search the soul, and start again

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »
A prayer for the dip addict

If you don't mind I would like to say a prayer for any addicted chewer who reads this. Lord I pray you can give us the power to overcome this addiction. While we read this, please fill our entire body with your strength and cast out all the nicotine and cravings. Please take away any urge we may have and right now, replace it with courage and wisdom. In this instant we beg for your mercy and thank you for the opportunity you have given us by leading us to this website. Please watch over everyone here and with your love see to it that we are all set free from our chains. We believe anything is possible through your hand, so I pray that as I read this you will break my addiction and have me feeling overwhelmed with your power and love. Thanks and praise, Amen

Offline markr

• Quit Date 04/01/2009
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I like Bowhunting Deer, bowfishing, shooting, deer hunting, fishing for bass and smallies in local lake and streams. Taking my daughter out in the wild my youngest love to shoot ,hunt and fish. I am a Hunters ed instructor and like to introduce kids to outdoors activities. Restoring old tractors.
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »
I found this story the other day and it immediately made me think of the site and the different styles of quitting. Many of us here are the dogs, we love to post, love to help the newbs, love the freedom, no matter what we are doing everything is enjoyable to us. Not that our quit is easier, or our craves less, just that our mind is right. Then there are the cats. The ones that want to fight everything on the site, everyone on the site, just fight the quit in general.

For those of you who have watched me post for any length of time have heard me say repeatedly “ get your mind right and this becomes much easier.” For the newbs reading this that may be the first time you have heard it, but it is true. Quitting is as much mental as it is physical. For me the mental battle has been the toughest.

This site is magic and will help you quit, but you have to get your mind in the right place. Which will you be, the Dog or the Cat ??

The Dog's Diary
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.
The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!
There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.
Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.
I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...
Now thats good stuff!!
Thanks made my day!!!!!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2010, 02:39:00 PM »
I found this story the other day and it immediately made me think of the site and the different styles of quitting. Many of us here are the dogs, we love to post, love to help the newbs, love the freedom, no matter what we are doing everything is enjoyable to us. Not that our quit is easier, or our craves less, just that our mind is right. Then there are the cats. The ones that want to fight everything on the site, everyone on the site, just fight the quit in general.

For those of you who have watched me post for any length of time have heard me say repeatedly “ get your mind right and this becomes much easier.” For the newbs reading this that may be the first time you have heard it, but it is true. Quitting is as much mental as it is physical. For me the mental battle has been the toughest.

This site is magic and will help you quit, but you have to get your mind in the right place. Which will you be, the Dog or the Cat ??

The Dog's Diary
8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

The Cat's Diary

Day 983 of My Captivity
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.
The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards!
There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.
Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.
I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ...

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »
Day 247

Well yesterday was one of the best days I can remember for quite some time.  Went golfing early, came home and took my wife out to dinner, then a movie.  Woke up this morning in a GREAT mood.  Logged onto the site to post my daily promise and here is what I wake up to.  This is like a bad dream...
It has come to our attention that you are currently utilizing more than one member name in your quest to quit. One of the premises upon which this site has been established is both support and accountability. Multiple user names make it easy to violate the trust that is both a sacred and vital part of a successful quit. We will be disabling any subsequent member names after your initial sign-up date in the next 24 hours.
Seems you signed up originally as "witnessinwv" and then later as Greg5280
I wanted to post this in the event I do get banned for it. I want to assure anyone who I have helped that I never signed on under another name. I have given my word and kept it. I joined this site in November of 2009 not before. I also wanted all of you to know what is going on so you do not think I just quit posting, or got hit by a bus. I have no clue how all the IP address shit works so I cannot put up a decent arguement. I understand the rule and the need for it and I believe there is zero tolerance if they match so it does not look good.

I hope this all gets worked out, I am talking to the Admins but again I know squat about IP addresses or how mine would match one used three years ago so I have no knowledge base from which to make an argument. I am off to spend the day with my family. Hope I will be able to log in tomorrow....

Stay Quit
Greg
All taken care of... Whew !

I knew I spent a ton of time here but this small peak at being without it made me realize I do still need to be here EVERY DAY !!

Day TWO- FIDDY !!!
FUCK YAR!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2010, 01:51:00 PM »
Day 247

Well yesterday was one of the best days I can remember for quite some time. Went golfing early, came home and took my wife out to dinner, then a movie. Woke up this morning in a GREAT mood. Logged onto the site to post my daily promise and here is what I wake up to. This is like a bad dream...
It has come to our attention that you are currently utilizing more than one member name in your quest to quit. One of the premises upon which this site has been established is both support and accountability. Multiple user names make it easy to violate the trust that is both a sacred and vital part of a successful quit. We will be disabling any subsequent member names after your initial sign-up date in the next 24 hours.
I wanted to post this in the event I do get banned for it. I want to assure anyone who I have helped that I never signed on under another name. I have given my word and kept it. I joined this site in November of 2009 not before. I also wanted all of you to know what is going on so you do not think I just quit posting, or got hit by a bus. I have no clue how all the IP address shit works so I cannot put up a decent arguement. I understand the rule and the need for it and I believe there is zero tolerance if they match so it does not look good.

I hope this all gets worked out, I am talking to the Admins but again I know squat about IP addresses or how mine would match one used three years ago so I have no knowledge base from which to make an argument. I am off to spend the day with my family. Hope I will be able to log in tomorrow....

Stay Quit
Greg
All taken care of... Whew !

I knew I spent a ton of time here but this small peak at being without it made me realize I do still need to be here EVERY DAY !!

Day TWO- FIDDY !!!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2010, 02:04:00 PM »
Day 247

Well yesterday was one of the best days I can remember for quite some time. Went golfing early, came home and took my wife out to dinner, then a movie. Woke up this morning in a GREAT mood. Logged onto the site to post my daily promise and here is what I wake up to. This is like a bad dream...

Stay Quit
Greg

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2010, 02:38:00 PM »
I borrowed this post from FHY16. Wanted to put it here as a reminder to myself...

Great post !!

This is my note to self.

In case your thinking about walking away from this site. Maybe your quit for 1, 2, 3, 4 hundred days, maybe even 1000. Good for you, congrats, now don't fuck it up. There are stories upon stories of guys who thought they could walk away and make it on there own. Then they show up posting a day 1. You will not break your word. Make sure you post early, EVERY DAY, and you will not fail this quit.

You daughter hasn't been born yet. Make sure her dad never dips. Ever. Not one moment she draws a breath should you be trying to kill yourself. Cause you may succeed. Then what? Who's going to watch over her? Huh? NO ONE HOLDS THAT RESPONSIBILITY BUT YOU. Got that?

What about Jack? As I write this, he think you are the balls. He would spend every waking moment with you if he could. He tries to wear your clothes, say the things you say, he even walks behind you as you cut the grass with his plastic lawnmower. You think he won't dip if you do? Huh? Lead by example. Be everything you want him to be. Don't be a pussy and say, "Don't make the same mistakes as me. This shit is bad for you." Man up. Strive to be as awesome as he thinks you are. You're not going to be perfect, fucknut, but your best is pretty damn good. And at the very least he will learn that a man never excels, or wins, if he backs down or fails to give his best effort.

So, if you think you've got this beat, that's just fucking pisser. Don't walk away from this site that gave you the kick in the ass you needed. Be that veteran who made the difference for you in your first day, week, month of your quit. Be that guy who says the things I haven't even heard yet, or gives the lessons I haven't learned, that makes the difference is someone else's life. Congrats on saving your own life. Now help someone else, because you couldn't have done it alone.

Regards,

You

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »
Quote from: mitch
Be sure to understand that those addicts who actually do make a successful recovery, can only be admired for their strength and determination. They are entitled to the accolades, for few of us really understand what it took to cast the curse aside.
That's the same quote that struck me as I read the article, Greg. Bad-ass stuff.
I agree. The article was chilling. I am going to add the quote to my signature line.

Offline mitch

• Quitter
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2010, 12:36:00 AM »
Be sure to understand that those addicts who actually do make a successful recovery, can only be admired for their strength and determination. They are entitled to the accolades, for few of us really understand what it took to cast the curse aside.
That's the same quote that struck me as I read the article, Greg. Bad-ass stuff.
Quit 02/13/2010
HOF 05/23/2010
2nd 08/31/2010
3rd 12/09/2010
1YR 02/12/2011
Stay Quit! It gets better!!!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2010, 08:54:00 AM »

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
Day 232

An interesting article I read.

The Power of Addiction
By Kiki Bakker

As a therapist of people in distress, I have been frequently exposed to the harsh reality of addicts (substance abusers), their circumstances and their families. Their pain and suffering has deeply troubled me. The overwhelming anguish and helplessness of good and well-intended parents, spouses and children has as a result, become clearly evident to me.

Why has this wave of addiction to substances increased as greatly as it has, only to impact our world with fearsome long term consequences when it not only costs a fortune and serves only to wreck the lives of the addict and its closest loved ones? How does this shocking epidemic breed and always expand when in fact, it should reduce by its very negative reality? We are all aware of the hazards of drug addiction, are we not? Everything about addiction is unconstructive for those of us who are not addicts. The recorded 'benefits' for the addict do not impress us and do not make any sense to the non-addicted population. Yet, for the addict, addiction's apparent advantage is to launch one of the most powerful and destructive bonds that replace and defy all logic.

Addiction grows like a virus within the addict while it marches imposingly into our cities and coerces our children, stealing their lives and damaging their families. The addict's meaningful lifestyle, social interactions and career are usually diminished with addiction. The addict's values, morals and ethics disappear from its world. Unfamiliar mental states, altered perceptions, alien personas and new chemically linked relationships develop for the addict in lieu of all else, ensuring the set up of a 'safe' crowd for a constant supply of the addictive chemical. Hence, the addictive persona arrives uninvited. This persona, by its sheer intensity to control all else, rules the addict's natural personality, IQ and EQ.

It is addiction that has enabled the growth of wealthy businesses for the plant growers and the dealers. Factories that either manufacture the addictive substances or transform them for supply to the street are thriving.... whilst fallen users are reducing in health and dying from interrupted health or unsuspecting over dosage. Others are purposefully ending their lives in final despair at their captivating addiction. Their ray of light was removed by their addiction and they chose not to fight back or live in the dark any longer.

Addiction is beyond cruel. It is an evil that should never have grown to these proportions for we all knew better! Have we done enough to recognize that addiction is the planet's most relentless and ruthless oppressor? Drugs and the ensuing addiction they offer to the user, it would seem are unstoppable!

Rehabilitation fails in far too many instances. Factors such as age, a willingness to internalise the rehabilitation program, the type of recovery program, openness, honesty, the level of denial, emotional triggers, guilt factors, self esteem, changing social circles and the degree of difficulty to just let go of addiction, each play a crucial role in the addict's recovery. The change back to a transparent, coherent quality lifestyle is often too hard for the addict. The addict lets go of life and chooses instead the path of death.

Addiction provides relief, trading drugs for reality! It voids the addict's mind of these realities and the left-over sweet memories. The addict will fall into the gutter of addiction and will succumb to wasting its own precious life, knowing deep inside that it has failed and cannot again face society or the precious family that it harmed. The silent death wish is quietly provoked.

Research is continuous in its exploration to uncover what creates the addictive personality and why some use and others don't. Why is it that a very small percentage of addicts are able to stop and others cannot? It is wiser to assume as a result of this knowledge, that prevention is better than the cure because far too many addicts stumble after rehabilitation.

The power of addiction cannot be argued or denied. Addiction's power is like an unsuspecting phantom that shadows the addict for life, tormenting it and hoping always to break it down further. It is not satisfied with the addict alive. It is satisfied only when the addict is dead! Understand the greatness of its power in the mind and soul of the addict, for when you do, you will have gained a true perspective of the power of addiction!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
Day 231

Commitment

Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek.

Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans.”

When work, commitment, and pleasure all become one and you reach that deep well where passion lives, nothing is impossible.”

Accountability

Some favorite expressions of small children: “It’s not my fault. . . They made me do it. . . I forgot.” Some favorite expressions of adults: “It’s not my job. . . No one told me. . . It couldn’t be helped.” True freedom begins and ends with personal accountability."

"There is only one real failure in life that is possible, and that is, not to be true to the best one knows."

"To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity."

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities."

"When we are really honest with ourselves we must admit our lives are all that really belong to us. So it is how we use our lives that determines the kind of men we are."

Brotherhood

To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them.”

Above all things let us never forget that mankind constitutes one great brotherhood; all born to encounter suffering and sorrow, and therefore bound to sympathize with each other”

The spirit of brotherhood recognizes of necessity both the need of self-help and also the need of helping others in the only way which everyone ultimately does great good, that is, of helping them to help themselves.”

Success

If you care at all,you'll get some results.If you care enough, you'll get incredible results.

The most practical, beautiful, workable philosophy in the world won't work - if you won't.

Choice, not circumstances, determines your success."

Success comes before work only in the dictionary."

Attitude

"It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect It's successful outcome."

Everyone has his burden. What counts is how you carry it."

"Our attitudes control our lives. Attitudes are a secret power working twenty-four hours a day, for good or bad. It is of paramount importance that we know how to harness and control this great force."

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind."