Author Topic: Struggling to continue  (Read 14471 times)

Offline Gromo

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-01-16
  • Interests: I'm James I like Football, Baseball, Rock Concerts, Fixing up my house/yard, Hunting, Drinking high quality whiskey and wine, writing and of course spending time with my wife.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Struggling to continue
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2018, 06:25:00 PM »
Quote from: Doofus
DAY 98, Proud with you. Thanks for listening on the fishing trigger. I got so much positive feedback from all you guys, it's what this site does. I be prouder than hell to be at the gates as we both walk thru HOF door, 2nd floor, 3rd floor, 4th floor.....one day at a time.
96 with you brother, will always be chasing you. One day at a time, but I'll never be able to catch you.

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2018, 04:16:00 PM »
DAY 98, Proud with you. Thanks for listening on the fishing trigger. I got so much positive feedback from all you guys, it's what this site does. I be prouder than hell to be at the gates as we both walk thru HOF door, 2nd floor, 3rd floor, 4th floor.....one day at a time.

Offline Gromo

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm James I like Football, Baseball, Rock Concerts, Fixing up my house/yard, Hunting, Drinking high quality whiskey and wine, writing and of course spending time with my wife.
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2018, 06:32:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: skolvikings
Quote from: JGromo
It has been a little since I've done a true update. Honestly I've been busy between my wifes birthday and a stumach bug and work really picking up now that spring is here. As HoF draws nearer some days I get smacked in the face with a crave out of nowhere but usually... I feel good? the med's and the magnesium powder and the melissa pills seem to be working for my internal demons....It's almost weird to feel normal. Feeling good, feeling normal actually made me question the normality of my normalness, lol. I thought something was wrong because nothing was wrong for the first time in a while. No depression, no anxiety, no rage. The tree's have thinned slightly in the forest of quit, the fog has lifted and its become more of a nice relaxing stroll through the woods than a treck through the muck, fog and jungle of quit. I'm excited for the future if I feel like this and I'm still in double digits.
Proud as hell of you brother.

You have gone through shit that some of us know nothing about, you are unstoppable, keep shining brother.
Bad ass.

It keeps getting better, James. One day at a time.

Really proud to quit with you.
Love you guys

I can honestly say I would not be feeling this way without the support you've given me. Dip might have masked everything but that doesn't mean it wasn't still there.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2018, 03:46:00 PM »
It has been a little since I've done a true update. Honestly I've been busy between my wifes birthday and a stumach bug and work really picking up now that spring is here. As HoF draws nearer some days I get smacked in the face with a crave out of nowhere but usually... I feel good? the med's and the magnesium powder and the melissa pills seem to be working for my internal demons....It's almost weird to feel normal. Feeling good, feeling normal actually made me question the normality of my normalness, lol. I thought something was wrong because nothing was wrong for the first time in a while. No depression, no anxiety, no rage. The tree's have thinned slightly in the forest of quit, the fog has lifted and its become more of a nice relaxing stroll through the woods than a treck through the muck, fog and jungle of quit. I'm excited for the future if I feel like this and I'm still in double digits.

You have gone through shit that some of us know nothing about, you are unstoppable, keep shining brother.
Bad ass.

It keeps getting better, James. One day at a time.

Really proud to quit with you.

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 979
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2018, 03:42:00 PM »

Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Gromo

• Quitter
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2018, 01:14:00 PM »

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2018, 09:21:00 PM »
Day 86 bro, proud with you

Offline Gromo

• Quitter
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2018, 01:10:00 AM »
Poof

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2018, 05:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Athan
God damn its been a roller coaster these last weeks.

the cigar incident was an outside influence but it seemed to spark something....First that initial desire...the memories, the strength it took me to shred that fucking cigar...Then following that lets call it the crying episode. My god on sunday I couldn't stop bawling I got drunk as fuck and I really couldn't control it anymore. I was getting so mad at myself for crying that I was punching walls..hand still hurts, think I might have fucked up my wrist. then I went through a week of wierd. Depression was coming back, could feel it I was distancing myself from everyone. I was deffinitely feeling a lack of motivation...then woke up one day with a complete lack of control feeling. I thought I had gone crazy and was in the looney bin and everything was a god damned halucination. I felt fucking crazy. bat shit style. Wanted to fucking end it all...Then today with the rage, I mean fucking cunts...I am so fucking angry today I wanna rip someones fucking head off. I'm going to attack the fucking yardwork so fucking hard when I get home I might huck a god damned tree from my yard into athans. Fuck.
I just got that gate fixed bro! Like just walked in 30 minutes ago. Ya know what, If that's what it takes, you can knock my fence down if you need to. I can always put my fence back together but I can't live without my daily dose of the Gromo!
The cigar incident....that's good stuff...proud to quit with you....if Athan is close by....I challenge each of you to execute an upper decker....first successful deck load wins:) ODAAT

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1669
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2018, 04:46:00 PM »

the cigar incident was an outside influence but it seemed to spark something....First that initial desire...the memories, the strength it took me to shred that fucking cigar...Then following that lets call it the crying episode. My god on sunday I couldn't stop bawling I got drunk as fuck and I really couldn't control it anymore. I was getting so mad at myself for crying that I was punching walls..hand still hurts, think I might have fucked up my wrist. then I went through a week of wierd. Depression was coming back, could feel it I was distancing myself from everyone. I was deffinitely feeling a lack of motivation...then woke up one day with a complete lack of control feeling. I thought I had gone crazy and was in the looney bin and everything was a god damned halucination. I felt fucking crazy. bat shit style. Wanted to fucking end it all...Then today with the rage, I mean fucking cunts...I am so fucking angry today I wanna rip someones fucking head off. I'm going to attack the fucking yardwork so fucking hard when I get home I might huck a god damned tree from my yard into athans. Fuck.
I just got that gate fixed bro! Like just walked in 30 minutes ago. Ya know what, If that's what it takes, you can knock my fence down if you need to. I can always put my fence back together but I can't live without my daily dose of the Gromo!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Gromo

• Quitter
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2018, 04:13:00 PM »

Offline Gromo

• Quitter
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2018, 01:28:00 AM »
Poof...

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2018, 10:37:00 AM »
Still getting goosebumps when I read that. Destined for the annals of quitopia.
I don't know that I have come across anything that sums up so well what we're doing here.
You really captured the depth and breadth of it all right there.
Haven't got the words brother.
All I can say is I quit with you today.
Love you brothers Athan,Michael, and James.
Much love and respect to you too. I have to be honest, deep down inside I'm envious, jealous even that you were there first!
Nevertheless, I am content to have witnessed such an epic quit, count myself blessed to call you my brothers!
So much to appreciate in the words you put to print. Well done on your quit and expressing the process. That is some amazing shit right there.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1669
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2018, 08:34:00 AM »
I don't know that I have come across anything that sums up so well what we're doing here.
Much love and respect to you too. I have to be honest, deep down inside I'm envious, jealous even that you were there first!
Nevertheless, I am content to have witnessed such an epic quit, count myself blessed to call you my brothers!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 979
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2018, 01:20:00 AM »
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH