Author Topic: Live Chat  (Read 9679 times)

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: Live Chat
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2012, 09:54:00 AM »
Quote from: kana
My bad, sometimes I tend to leave out info. They aren't the same 2 beers. I always keep 2 cans for guests. Mainly for my alcoholic brother in law. (I've been working him for years) It's not like a trophy, it's just nice to know you can resist in your face temptation. When I quit drinking that was that.
The same goes for the chew. Once I make up my mind it's in concrete.
I'm not saying I won't have difficult times, but this dumbass knows my life is better without it.
I appreciate the kind words. Last night I was definitely feeling the quit and did rage a little, but most importantly I went to bed instead of the corner store.
smile :)
OK...Just making sure that you don't have any cans lying around because that can be a really bad idea.

Nicotine is no longer an option in my life as well. However, I can't promise that I am done forever. That's too long of a commitment and I can easily lose myself in the infinity. So I worry more about today. When tomorrow comes, I'll worry about it then. That's why I post roll one day at a time.

Keep up the good work man, and keep up the battle.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline kana

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 09:41:00 AM »
My bad, sometimes I tend to leave out info. They aren't the same 2 beers. I always keep 2 cans for guests. Mainly for my alcoholic brother in law. (I've been working him for years) It's not like a trophy, it's just nice to know you can resist in your face temptation. When I quit drinking that was that.
The same goes for the chew. Once I make up my mind it's in concrete.
I'm not saying I won't have difficult times, but this dumbass knows my life is better without it.
I appreciate the kind words. Last night I was definitely feeling the quit and did rage a little, but most importantly I went to bed instead of the corner store.
smile :)
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 07:56:00 AM »
What's the point of live chat if you're basically told to leave? What is someone supposed to do if they need to talk, and the boys in the live chat click tell you to talk to your own group. Am I missing something? I didn't see any hours of operation for my group to use live chat. I have thick skin and can take anything dished out. All that matters to me is my quit. Don't worry I won't use the live chat anymore. You'll just see my days go up. Who ever told me to find my zen can fuck off. My Zen is strong as a fucking rock. I've had 2 beers in my fridge since I quit drinking almost 8 yrs. ago. I left them there so I could see my enemy every day and say fuck you. My Zen is fucking ferocious.
I love the spirit, but this statement gives me pause.

Are you implying that you have "a trophy can"? If you are, I would suggest tossing it. It's never been a good idea for many that have plodded this path before you, and I doubt you are different in that regard.

You can do this man. It's quite common to rage early in a quit. Hell, I was pushed a few times and was so angry I was in tears. It's because your brain knows how fucking serious you are with this quitting, and it's trying to separate you from success. It knows that as long as you are here, you will be quit.

Keep up the great work. 7 days is fucking wonderful and badass, but it is a drop in the bucket compared to how many days you sat around using. 7 days will give you some great perspective when you throw down some knowledge to somebody quitting today because you just went through it, but you've still got to battle this thing on.

There's plenty of stoppers that find petty reasons to stay aloof from the site. They fade quickly, and they usually come back here to post a day 1 again in the future.

Each aspect of this site is another gun in your arsenal that we are carrying into battle each day. It is our responsibility and privilege to pull the trigger on each when necessary. Some days, the nic bitch lies in wait. Other days, she launches a full scale attack. Don't toss one aside and say you don't need it just because you don't like the kickback.

You'll never "have this" just like I'll never "have this". It's why I am still here posting roll on day 409.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline jrws

• Quitter
    • voodoobuddha.net
  • Interests: Snowboarding/snowshoeing, skydiving, fast cars, knives, A/V, smart engineering, squash, DIY electronics, and all kinds of mental/psychic/physical competitions: logic, strategy, endurance, and tactical games.
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 05:11:00 AM »
Quote from: Bruce
Quote from: Bigwhitebeast
No Thanks, I'm one of those old geezers that prefers to keep it simple. Red name or not, we're all on our period who cares. I'm very simple I don't consume nicotine anymore. with or without the site. I've been in the chat room before, and it's basically like your ignored. I guess it's just not for me. All I can say is watch my #'s, because I gave my word, and my word is all I have.
Wow man, you are younger than me!
It's all good man, if it's not your cup of tea it's not your cup of tea. Chat is just another tool offered by ktc, use whatever you need to to stay quit. As long as you keep posting roll and keep quit, you're good here
You are kinda lucky in a way. I say just enough stupid stuff on my quit group's page they are always trying to push me into that chat room. Being a defiant addict to the utmost, I keep posting stupid stuff in my group and not going to the chat room.

:) - being a pain in the ass can be simple fun too.
I have to earn this signature line - one day of roll at a time

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 02:05:00 AM »
Quote from: Bigwhitebeast
No Thanks, I'm one of those old geezers that prefers to keep it simple. Red name or not, we're all on our period who cares. I'm very simple I don't consume nicotine anymore. with or without the site. I've been in the chat room before, and it's basically like your ignored. I guess it's just not for me. All I can say is watch my #'s, because I gave my word, and my word is all I have.
It's all good man, if it's not your cup of tea it's not your cup of tea. Chat is just another tool offered by ktc, use whatever you need to to stay quit. As long as you keep posting roll and keep quit, you're good here
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline bigwhitebeast

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 01:59:00 AM »

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 01:41:00 AM »
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline bigwhitebeast

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 01:32:00 AM »
What's the point of live chat if you're basically told to leave? What is someone supposed to do if they need to talk, and the boys in the live chat click tell you to talk to your own group. Am I missing something? I didn't see any hours of operation for my group to use live chat. I have thick skin and can take anything dished out. All that matters to me is my quit. Don't worry I won't use the live chat anymore. You'll just see my days go up. Who ever told me to find my zen can fuck off. My Zen is strong as a fucking rock. I've had 2 beers in my fridge since I quit drinking almost 8 yrs. ago. I left them there so I could see my enemy every day and say fuck you. My Zen is fucking ferocious.
Wow kana I was there, I didn't see anyone ask you to leave or tell you not to be there. I think they may have been telling you that you need to make contact with people from your group, they should be your tightest knit group, it had nothing to do with you being in chat.

As far as the Zen thing that was a joker being a joker but you just scooted out before anything could be said or clarified. Skin ain't that thick because I honestly didn't see anything that should have driven you out.

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 01:31:00 AM »
Nice rage Kana, but if you would've stayed longer and not ran, you would've saw that he was asking you if you found your quit group and asking if you were posting roll. No one told you to leave, no one asked you to leave, and unless you were in whisper mode, everyone was being supportive. Next time, rage on us there, hell, tell the next dude that says Zen to fuck off (just make sure it's not a name in red, red means they're on their period and WILL boot you). Day 6, onto day 7 Kana, come back to chat anytime
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 01:22:00 AM »

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 09:52:00 PM »
Ok, going through this process makes me think , I'm a thinker. Last year when I didn't chew for 8 months I was using nic gum. What a fucking idiot. That whole time was just a mirage. I was getting in arguments and snapping easily. That nic shit was still in my system the whole time. and I did cave, so nic gum doesn't work.. not for me anyway... 2 days in and I feel holy shit better!! I can feel the last traces in my system, I can still taste it. but tomorrow is day 3 and hopefully it'll all be gone. Sorry, don't mean to knock those who use the gum, but If you crutch the gum you're not truly quit.
aloha
Kana,

Knock them all you want with me! Glad to read your posts!

Quit with you my friend.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 09:12:00 PM »
Ok, going through this process makes me think , I'm a thinker. Last year when I didn't chew for 8 months I was using nic gum. What a fucking idiot. That whole time was just a mirage. I was getting in arguments and snapping easily. That nic shit was still in my system the whole time. and I did cave, so nic gum doesn't work.. not for me anyway... 2 days in and I feel holy shit better!! I can feel the last traces in my system, I can still taste it. but tomorrow is day 3 and hopefully it'll all be gone. Sorry, don't mean to knock those who use the gum, but If you crutch the gum you're not truly quit.
aloha

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 07:46:00 PM »
Wecome Kana,

Check your inbox(1)

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 05:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
Bare with me while I figure out if I'm posting correctly. One day at a time. Like the idea of posting everyday. Kinda gives you that responsibility.  'Finger'
This icon is hilarious. It's me! Happy go lucky one minute, to fuck off!!!
I truly believe I finally found the culprit. Nicotine. It actually makes me moody.
When I didn't chew last year I was so calm. I Welcome that feeling again.
and as I type, I can feel that poison leaving my system....
aloha
I see you have posted roll today. Well done.

Keep your word.
Kana, I get what you say. I went to a wellness exam with my doctor. I had them chec my testosterone levels because I am so calm. My levels are higher than average...must be no nicotine. I love being calm.

Still wondering why the prostate exam left me without a care in the world??

Welcome to the madhouse!
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 02:05:00 PM »
Bare with me while I figure out if I'm posting correctly. One day at a time. Like the idea of posting everyday. Kinda gives you that responsibility. 'Finger'
This icon is hilarious. It's me! Happy go lucky one minute, to fuck off!!!
I truly believe I finally found the culprit. Nicotine. It actually makes me moody.
When I didn't chew last year I was so calm. I Welcome that feeling again.
and as I type, I can feel that poison leaving my system....
aloha
I see you have posted roll today. Well done.

Keep your word.