Author Topic: Live Chat  (Read 12588 times)

Offline kana

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Live Chat
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2012, 12:09:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: kana
Quote from: Dchogs
Quote from: Souliman
Nice work on a week bro. Try to keep it to one intro thread bud so folks can read your story in one place. Mine reads like a steamy novel of lust and quit.
Now that made me laugh out loud. Thanks soul. Glad you are on my side.

does this mean i'm doing something incorrectly souliman?
Someone's smoking' something! Your thread is right on! Your a badass quitter and you post are really inspiring .
ok.. the last four days? I have no idea..I don't know what anxiety feels like but this shit was weird.. I wasn't physically craving chew at all. I just felt like i was in a very dark place.. I remembered someone saying they had a bad crave around day 16, 17 just as bad, 18 worse, 19 I was getting worried. Last night I wept like a baby (day 19) today day 20 and still the same. who has a five fucking day crave? Then my wife to the rescue..
My wife never cared if I chewed, i was no ninja. she would buy it for me. Told me she just wanted me to be happy. last week I told her I quit, and she said what ever makes you happy. I would tell her honey day 14! she could care less..
then today she asked me what was wrong.. I told her someone I know caved and I was having a hard time dealing with it.
her response: who cares about that guy, just concentrate on yourself. I couldn't believe she was saying the same thing as all of you..When I found KTC I knew this was it. I had finally decided to quit for myself..I told her I wanted to quit so I could live to take care of her and my son. She told me she didn't care because how many times I had failed quitting.
Today she told me she was proud of me, because she knew this time was it.. never made it this far.. so she said she'd help in any way. I needed that.
so thanks to the few who actually responded in my galactic 5 day crave.
I got home tonight feeling much better thank god...My son told me to put this fireman here and say aloha
javascript:emoticon("'fireman'")

'fireman'
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2012, 11:33:00 PM »
Nice work on a week bro. Try to keep it to one intro thread bud so folks can read your story in one place. Mine reads like a steamy novel of lust and quit.

Someone's smoking' something! Your thread is right on! Your a badass quitter and you post are really inspiring .
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2012, 11:24:00 PM »

we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2012, 11:15:00 PM »
Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23; 47th floor- 3/27/24.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2012, 10:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Kubrick
I won't lie.. I'm definitely struggling like all of you, but I'm getting confused with this concept. I know the dangers of chew.. I know I'm quit.. I know I'll never put that shit in my lip again.. NEVER.. What I'm struggling with is I feel like an alcoholic working in a bar. When I quit drinking I attended AA for 6 mo. The only way I can explain it, I needed separation, so I never went back. 8 yrs later still sober, still strong as an ox with my quit. maybe when I hit 10 years I'll attend a meeting out of respect to myself. but honestly it doesn't matter because I'll never drink again.
It's easier that it's not in my face everyday. I just want to get all things nic out of my head. I don't want to come on here and read about fucking cavers. Or see people post every other day like this is a fucking joke.
I'm in physical pain everyday. the dr said it will always be there..  I've learned to ignore it. I'm strong like that.. I just delete it..
I hope that some major vets will comment on this for me.. I'm kinda lost right now...
Kana I'm no vet and definitely no expert and may get my ass fed to me one piece at a time (nothing new)! Since 1972 I've been an addict to alcohol and nicotine, I've been recovering from alcohol completely sober since October 1979 and nic free since 1:30 am April 1, 2012. Coming online and surrounding myself with talk of dip everyday does 2 positive things for me: 1. I am reminded everyday why I quit, how long I've been quit, what power nicotine has and how others facing the same challenges as me face them. 2. For me the second positive is the brotherhood and satisfaction that comes from paying the support I've received forward. This can be very satisfying and like anything in life it has it's opposites, some addicts just aren't ready or strong enough to stay quit.
Addressing cavers and half assed posters. We are all very different and at different junctions in life. Looking at the younger quitter or less self motivated quitter I see myself 5, 10, 20, 30 or 40 years ago. There was the time in 1979 I was a motivated quitter of both alcohol and tabacco and quit both cold turkey completely on my own. Both lasted for nearly 4 years till I caved to dip! My motivation to quit was my lovely wife who I married in 1980. What happened in 1983? Well real life happened, the honeymoon was over! What happened 146 days ago that makes my quit different, strong? Maturity and Motivation! I'm a damn slow learner. But I finally woke up and realized that quitting was what I wanted, I was so tired of being a slave!
You comment you feel Like a alcoholic working in a bar: I look at it kind of like raising kids you want to shield them from every danger and evil but if they aren't exposed to real life when they are faced with it they won't be equipped to deal with what comes their way. We live in the real world we are faced by temptation and challenges daily so there is no need to shrink or shun the fight but face it head on.
Listed to WT. Wise words right there from one badass quitter.

Kana, you don't have to spend that much time on the site if you don't want to. Just log on, post your promise to your quit group and then get on with your day. Make sure you have numbers and what not handy just in case, but nothing says you need to stick around and read anything else here.

Just do the most important thing for the day - post roll and take that nicotine off the table for the day.
What he said ^^^

Echoing those thoughts, you don't need to live on the site like some of us do. It works for me. What works for me may not work for you. Post roll every day as your promise to your brothers - and the rest of the site - that you will not use and then get on with your day. You don't need to be on here or thinking about here until the next morning when you post your promise again. I think that there is a lot to be gained by staying near the site and my reccomendation is that you do...BUT...I'm not in your brain. Do what works for you - just make sure you post up everyday and you honor it. You ever need to talk or have someone post for you -you've got my number.
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2012, 03:40:00 PM »
I won't lie.. I'm definitely struggling like all of you, but I'm getting confused with this concept. I know the dangers of chew.. I know I'm quit.. I know I'll never put that shit in my lip again.. NEVER.. What I'm struggling with is I feel like an alcoholic working in a bar. When I quit drinking I attended AA for 6 mo. The only way I can explain it, I needed separation, so I never went back. 8 yrs later still sober, still strong as an ox with my quit. maybe when I hit 10 years I'll attend a meeting out of respect to myself. but honestly it doesn't matter because I'll never drink again.
It's easier that it's not in my face everyday. I just want to get all things nic out of my head. I don't want to come on here and read about fucking cavers. Or see people post every other day like this is a fucking joke.
I'm in physical pain everyday. the dr said it will always be there..  I've learned to ignore it. I'm strong like that.. I just delete it..
I hope that some major vets will comment on this for me.. I'm kinda lost right now...
Kana I'm no vet and definitely no expert and may get my ass fed to me one piece at a time (nothing new)! Since 1972 I've been an addict to alcohol and nicotine, I've been recovering from alcohol completely sober since October 1979 and nic free since 1:30 am April 1, 2012. Coming online and surrounding myself with talk of dip everyday does 2 positive things for me: 1. I am reminded everyday why I quit, how long I've been quit, what power nicotine has and how others facing the same challenges as me face them. 2. For me the second positive is the brotherhood and satisfaction that comes from paying the support I've received forward. This can be very satisfying and like anything in life it has it's opposites, some addicts just aren't ready or strong enough to stay quit.
Addressing cavers and half assed posters. We are all very different and at different junctions in life. Looking at the younger quitter or less self motivated quitter I see myself 5, 10, 20, 30 or 40 years ago. There was the time in 1979 I was a motivated quitter of both alcohol and tabacco and quit both cold turkey completely on my own. Both lasted for nearly 4 years till I caved to dip! My motivation to quit was my lovely wife who I married in 1980. What happened in 1983? Well real life happened, the honeymoon was over! What happened 146 days ago that makes my quit different, strong? Maturity and Motivation! I'm a damn slow learner. But I finally woke up and realized that quitting was what I wanted, I was so tired of being a slave!
You comment you feel Like a alcoholic working in a bar: I look at it kind of like raising kids you want to shield them from every danger and evil but if they aren't exposed to real life when they are faced with it they won't be equipped to deal with what comes their way. We live in the real world we are faced by temptation and challenges daily so there is no need to shrink or shun the fight but face it head on.
Listed to WT. Wise words right there from one badass quitter.

Kana, you don't have to spend that much time on the site if you don't want to. Just log on, post your promise to your quit group and then get on with your day. Make sure you have numbers and what not handy just in case, but nothing says you need to stick around and read anything else here.

Just do the most important thing for the day - post roll and take that nicotine off the table for the day.
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2012, 03:33:00 PM »
Addressing cavers and half assed posters. We are all very different and at different junctions in life. Looking at the younger quitter or less self motivated quitter I see myself 5, 10, 20, 30 or 40 years ago. There was the time in 1979 I was a motivated quitter of both alcohol and tabacco and quit both cold turkey completely on my own. Both lasted for nearly 4 years till I caved to dip! My motivation to quit was my lovely wife who I married in 1980. What happened in 1983? Well real life happened, the honeymoon was over! What happened 146 days ago that makes my quit different, strong? Maturity and Motivation! I finally realized the honeymoon was over and had been for a very long time, i had been dip pussy whipped, I'm a damn slow learner. But I finally woke up and realized that quitting was what I wanted, I was so tired of being a slave!

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 10:52:00 AM »
I'm in physical pain everyday. the dr said it will always be there.. I've learned to ignore it. I'm strong like that.. I just delete it..

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »
'bang head' 'bang head' 'bang head' That is Awesome Kana!!!! Whatever it takes to keep the POISON our of your mouth!!!
I can relate to the rage/anger/short temper since being quit. It comes out of nowhere with me. My patience with people and traffic is non-existent at times since being quit.
Thank you for sharing....I laughed my head off!!
I quit with YOU today! 'bang head'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2012, 02:07:00 PM »
Well time to check in.. I've been going through all the triggers pretty good. just an occasional nic bitch rage. I'm sad to say I broke my weedwacker in half.. no shit... It was 113 freekin degrees (and humid) I was mowing the lawn, and could see a thunderstorm rolling in. was trying to finish before the downpour. done mowing weed wacker wouldn't start. I broke the effin thing in half. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. boy that felt good. can you say release? anyway im out $100 bucks but I'm still nic free and loving every minute of it!!
chow

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2012, 11:55:00 AM »
Kana
You are one bad ass quitter that is exactly how I feel! Please younger guys wake up now so you dont have to go through some of the terrible shit we older quitters have had to experience. I also have hit the bottom several times and it sucks. It sucks a lot worse than quitting! Im quit with you everyday. I hear the truck coming! haha

Offline treitz1

• Quitter
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »
Chat seems to be down again

Offline JJMARSHALL117

• Quitter
  • Interests: Getting the Nic Bitch off my back
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
KANA,

I just wanted to say that I truly apprecaite everything you post. You always seem to throw something out that I can relate to in some shape or form, and every time it helps to solidify my quit with further and further.

Proud to Quit with you
I will conquer what has never been conquered.
Defeat will not be in my creed.
I will acknowledge the fact that I am an elite warrior who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by any means at my disposal.
I accept the fact that my team expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than our opponents.
Never shall I fail my comrades.
I will rip the heart from my enemy and leave it beating on the ground.

WHO AM I? .... I AM A QUITTER!!!

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Roamcountry
Quote from: Buddy
I've been thinking for a couples days on what I wanted to say today. Today I'm 11 days quit, and 8 years sober. I want to share my story so younger quitters won't have to experience a bottom. Maybe some of you don't know what a bottom is? I unfortunately have experienced 2. Here's the first one.
In 2004 we lost our first child, and I lost my career.  It's a year I'll never forget as I spiraled out of control. I had 2 surgeries, wasn't working for a year. bored. depressed about our son. Marriage was on the rocks, I had backed myself in a corner with beer, drinking  smoking everyday. My father (with dementia) was my best friend, and my main support. My mother wasn't even talking to me.
One night I drank myself to oblivion yelling at my wife, throwing things. shameful really. The next morning someone kept ringing the doorbell, over,  over,  over. I got up in a hung over rage to answer the door. It was my father.
I said to him what the fuck are you doing? I'm sleeping!!! He couldn't get a word out of his mouth, as I was still cursing at him. I slammed the door!! I could see his face through the window and he looked like I had just stabbed him. You see today was his birthday, I was supposed to help him move some things and then take him to lunch... I had made these plans myself and I forgot..
After I woke up I looked at myself in the mirror and I just realized it was his Bday, I started balling like a baby. I had never felt so low in my life. From that point on I never drank or smoked again. Our relationship is a fucking rock now. Mom too. Thats when I started copenhagen, (another story)
I share this with you because it's my ammo for my quit. It gives me strength. Some of the younger guys don't have this kind of ammo. That's why we share so you won't have to go through the pain that we have. The bottoms. You don't want to go there.
Please read as much as you can, the stories will stick in your head and give you ammo  strength. I'm proud to quit with all of you!!!
:D
Good Stuff Kana, proud to be quit with you today.....
x2
Thanks guys.. Feeling good.. Today is a great day.. Nic free of course :D

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 01:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Buddy
I've been thinking for a couples days on what I wanted to say today. Today I'm 11 days quit, and 8 years sober. I want to share my story so younger quitters won't have to experience a bottom. Maybe some of you don't know what a bottom is? I unfortunately have experienced 2. Here's the first one.
In 2004 we lost our first child, and I lost my career.  It's a year I'll never forget as I spiraled out of control. I had 2 surgeries, wasn't working for a year. bored. depressed about our son. Marriage was on the rocks, I had backed myself in a corner with beer, drinking  smoking everyday. My father (with dementia) was my best friend, and my main support. My mother wasn't even talking to me.
One night I drank myself to oblivion yelling at my wife, throwing things. shameful really. The next morning someone kept ringing the doorbell, over,  over,  over. I got up in a hung over rage to answer the door. It was my father.
I said to him what the fuck are you doing? I'm sleeping!!! He couldn't get a word out of his mouth, as I was still cursing at him. I slammed the door!! I could see his face through the window and he looked like I had just stabbed him. You see today was his birthday, I was supposed to help him move some things and then take him to lunch... I had made these plans myself and I forgot..
After I woke up I looked at myself in the mirror and I just realized it was his Bday, I started balling like a baby. I had never felt so low in my life. From that point on I never drank or smoked again. Our relationship is a fucking rock now. Mom too. Thats when I started copenhagen, (another story)
I share this with you because it's my ammo for my quit. It gives me strength. Some of the younger guys don't have this kind of ammo. That's why we share so you won't have to go through the pain that we have. The bottoms. You don't want to go there.
Please read as much as you can, the stories will stick in your head and give you ammo  strength. I'm proud to quit with all of you!!!
:D
Good Stuff Kana, proud to be quit with you today.....
x2