Author Topic: Self loathing  (Read 7098 times)

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Self loathing
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2014, 12:50:00 PM »
Quote from: MonsterEMT
Quote from: dunlapsig
I want to bring this bad ass quitter and my quit brother's introduction back to the top and say congratulations on becoming a new father.  May you forever guard your quit and have a life-time full of memories not filled with nicotine!
That's awesome! Stay quit for that new child!
Congrats, man. That's awesome!!!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »
Quote from: dunlapsig
I want to bring this bad ass quitter and my quit brother's introduction back to the top and say congratulations on becoming a new father. May you forever guard your quit and have a life-time full of memories not filled with nicotine!
That's awesome! Stay quit for that new child!
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline dunlapsig

• Quitter
  • Interests: Being a newlywed, drinking beer, being on the lake, cars and football.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2014, 10:59:00 AM »
I want to bring this bad ass quitter and my quit brother's introduction back to the top and say congratulations on becoming a new father. May you forever guard your quit and have a life-time full of memories not filled with nicotine!

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2014, 12:31:00 PM »
Quote from: jzzyzag01
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Congratulations Grizzfall.  100 days is a great accomplishment.  I remember when it was just a dream and didnt even seem possible.  Nice work.  Keep it up.

Ryan
Freedom sure is sweet. Stay vigilant - as good as today feels, even brighter days are ahead. Congratulations!!!
Well done Grizz! You sir are a bad ass!
Congrats on HOF! Stay vigilant, but the tough part is done. Proud to be quit with you today!
'clap'
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2014, 11:57:00 AM »
Congratulations Grizzfall.  100 days is a great accomplishment.  I remember when it was just a dream and didnt even seem possible.  Nice work.  Keep it up.

Ryan
Freedom sure is sweet. Stay vigilant - as good as today feels, even brighter days are ahead. Congratulations!!!
Congrats on HOF! Stay vigilant, but the tough part is done. Proud to be quit with you today!
"I am a nicotine addict and there is nothing I can do about it; I am also a quitter, and that, I can do plenty about." - Grizzly25

Today I choose to quit because today is the only day I have control over today. Tomorrow is a new day and when tomorrow is today, I'll control it too, but not until then. I will win this fight with today...

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »

Ryan

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2014, 06:44:00 AM »
Congratulations Grizzfall. 100 days is a great accomplishment. I remember when it was just a dream and didnt even seem possible. Nice work. Keep it up.

Ryan

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2014, 06:24:00 AM »
Congratulations Grizzfall. 100 days is a great accomplishment. I remember when it was just a dream and didnt even seem possible. Nice work. Keep it up.

Ryan

Offline Grizzfall

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying quit.Staying sane.Being more productive
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2014, 06:55:00 AM »
Quote from: Grizzfall
Quote from: derk40
Day 92,
  I woke up this morning and am feeeling pretty good here. Sunshine, cold, sparrkling snow. I was doing that 1 minute mental review of yesterdays actions and todays plans and somewhere in the middle i remember buying a tin and dipping. RED FLAG.
   Still a little sleepy, it took another second or two to realize i had my first dip dream. There are many reports of them here, but i always thought they were mythical.
  It went like this: i purchased a tin sometime earlier in the day and had one pinch. Then i was back at the store and buying groceries of some sort and grabbed two more tins, copenhagen oddly. As the cashier checked me out i set the two tins aside and, " i dont need these," thinking i would just finish the first tin and be quit again. And then it was over.
  Im still trying to analyze this in a freudian manner. I didnt feel racked with guilt like some other brothers describe. It just happened. Freaking weird. Our brains are interesting machines for sure.
-Grizzfall
Those dreams are something else. All part of the journey. It is amazing how deep into your core this addiction gets - but each of these experiences, harnessed correctly, will strengthen your resolve. And, grizz, you've been a master at harnessing to date. Enjoy the ride. Hall of fame just ahead....
Thanks for sharing man. Weird shit isn't it? I have only had a few dip dreams and like yours, they came quite a ways into the quit. I was freaked out at how incredibly real they felt.

As W2W said, it is all part of the game. As your quit continues to solidify, I think the nic bitch, (addict nature, call it what you will), begins to realize that she has lost you. If you keep doing what your doing, a dream is as close as she can ever get. Use the tools, and keep them sharp. Even after HOF you have to guard your quit with your life. She lurks.

Onward.
Nice job on 92 days bro! I had my first dip nightmare on day 89... I proceeded to have one each night for the next 40 or so days. They strengthened my resolve.

No worries here and they are natural .... It is a reminder you are quit and you are winning. Wake up, shake off the cobwebs and get to the computer to post roll. Then own the day.
Only thing strange is not feeling guilt. No need to feel guilty after the dream but during the dream?
Yeah, no guilt during the dream. It was that old addict mentality of, "I can just have one as a reward. It will be my little secret."
I will retrain my addict brain. That's my poetry for the day.
Quit on man. I had a dip dream last night just from thinking about yours! As awesome as being quit 100 or 200 days is it is just a drop in the bucket compared to how long we were using...
Perspective is rough. The first 10 days CRAWL by. The first 100 ooze like molasses. But damn those 14+ years of face rot, chew it up living, cruised on bye. Thanks B-lo. Thanks for the perspective.
Stay warm you bastards,
- Grizzfall
-Grizzfall
"This personal torture has a good ending right?"

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2014, 08:08:00 AM »
Day 92,
  I woke up this morning and am feeeling pretty good here. Sunshine, cold, sparrkling snow. I was doing that 1 minute mental review of yesterdays actions and todays plans and somewhere in the middle i remember buying a tin and dipping. RED FLAG.
   Still a little sleepy, it took another second or two to realize i had my first dip dream. There are many reports of them here, but i always thought they were mythical.
  It went like this: i purchased a tin sometime earlier in the day and had one pinch. Then i was back at the store and buying groceries of some sort and grabbed two more tins, copenhagen oddly. As the cashier checked me out i set the two tins aside and, " i dont need these," thinking i would just finish the first tin and be quit again. And then it was over.
  Im still trying to analyze this in a freudian manner. I didnt feel racked with guilt like some other brothers describe. It just happened. Freaking weird. Our brains are interesting machines for sure.
-Grizzfall
Those dreams are something else. All part of the journey. It is amazing how deep into your core this addiction gets - but each of these experiences, harnessed correctly, will strengthen your resolve. And, grizz, you've been a master at harnessing to date. Enjoy the ride. Hall of fame just ahead....
Thanks for sharing man. Weird shit isn't it? I have only had a few dip dreams and like yours, they came quite a ways into the quit. I was freaked out at how incredibly real they felt.

As W2W said, it is all part of the game. As your quit continues to solidify, I think the nic bitch, (addict nature, call it what you will), begins to realize that she has lost you. If you keep doing what your doing, a dream is as close as she can ever get. Use the tools, and keep them sharp. Even after HOF you have to guard your quit with your life. She lurks.

Onward.
Nice job on 92 days bro! I had my first dip nightmare on day 89... I proceeded to have one each night for the next 40 or so days. They strengthened my resolve.

No worries here and they are natural .... It is a reminder you are quit and you are winning. Wake up, shake off the cobwebs and get to the computer to post roll. Then own the day.
Only thing strange is not feeling guilt. No need to feel guilty after the dream but during the dream?
Yeah, no guilt during the dream. It was that old addict mentality of, "I can just have one as a reward. It will be my little secret."
Quit on man. I had a dip dream last night just from thinking about yours! As awesome as being quit 100 or 200 days is it is just a drop in the bucket compared to how long we were using...

Offline Grizzfall

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying quit.Staying sane.Being more productive
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2014, 07:03:00 AM »
Day 92,
-Grizzfall

Onward.

-Grizzfall
"This personal torture has a good ending right?"

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2014, 08:28:00 PM »
Day 92,
-Grizzfall

Onward.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2014, 06:57:00 PM »
Day 92,
-Grizzfall

Onward.

Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »
Day 92,
-Grizzfall

Onward.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2014, 09:48:00 AM »
Day 92,
-Grizzfall