Author Topic: When shit gets rough  (Read 9447 times)

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: When shit gets rough
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 08:17:00 AM »
So today, my wife hits the HOF over at Whack the Pack. I am extremely proud of her for this, she smoked from the age of 12 till last year (around Feb). She smoked 'socially' untill Jan 2nd, she didn't join WTP until we met up with amgdenney and SamCat!!! in Atlanta (thank you ladies for the push).

If you have the time, it would mean alot to me if yall stopped by and posted with her for today. I know I wouldn't have made it this far without yall and in turn, I don't think she would''ve ever stopped smoking socially (which would've eventually turned into back in the habit smoking). Her name is Bex over there, it works the same as here.
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline bigwhitebeast

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Bruce317
Quote from: ERDVM
I've got to get something off my chest, not for my good, but for the hundreds of newbies that walk in this site every week/month/whatever.

I was cleaning out my inbox today of the messages I sent to new members for support, some I got responses most I did not. Point being, these people came here for help, they wanted to quit, but they posted once, twice maybe three times and jetted. Why? Because they are weak! My best guess is they came here registered then expected some quit fairy jump out of their computer hit them with its little wand and POOF they're cured. Quitting his hard, I've been quit for 131 days and not a day goes by that I don't crave, the difference between now and then is that a) the craves are weaker B) I look forward to them now. That's right, I want that crave, it reminds me of why I am quit. It gives me the chance to whip it out and give the nicbitch a big ole mushroom bruise on her cheek.

Point being, you new guys coming here seeking help and it's here, the support you need is all here. There are vets you've never met willing to help you, there's a quit chat, your quit brothers will be your strongest ally in your quit. This quit thing isn't easy, you have to want it, you have to grow some balls and just do it. Most of you newbies are coming in 1,2 or 3 days quit already, seeking help (read below, so did I), you're foggy as hell, going through withdraws and craving worse then any other time in your quit. It sucks! But it doesn't last that long, and you will be a much stronger person because of it.

Just quit, it's not easy, but it's a decision. One day at a time, you come up in here, post roll and decide not to be a slave to the can. That sounds easy right? There's a quote we like to throw around here, and it's true, even though it's from a fictional character "Do or do not, there is no try". Quit, there is not try to quit, just quit...

Bruce out!
:wub: wait a second ...... yep, just got quit wood.
It was the mushroom bruise on the cheek wasn't it? I thought that'd do something for you
All it takes is will power and peer pressure and this place can supply you with one of them! :D

Oh and I like watching erdvm when he has wood 'archer'

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2012, 10:32:00 AM »
Quote from: ERDVM
I've got to get something off my chest, not for my good, but for the hundreds of newbies that walk in this site every week/month/whatever.

I was cleaning out my inbox today of the messages I sent to new members for support, some I got responses most I did not. Point being, these people came here for help, they wanted to quit, but they posted once, twice maybe three times and jetted. Why? Because they are weak! My best guess is they came here registered then expected some quit fairy jump out of their computer hit them with its little wand and POOF they're cured. Quitting his hard, I've been quit for 131 days and not a day goes by that I don't crave, the difference between now and then is that a) the craves are weaker B) I look forward to them now. That's right, I want that crave, it reminds me of why I am quit. It gives me the chance to whip it out and give the nicbitch a big ole mushroom bruise on her cheek.

Point being, you new guys coming here seeking help and it's here, the support you need is all here. There are vets you've never met willing to help you, there's a quit chat, your quit brothers will be your strongest ally in your quit. This quit thing isn't easy, you have to want it, you have to grow some balls and just do it. Most of you newbies are coming in 1,2 or 3 days quit already, seeking help (read below, so did I), you're foggy as hell, going through withdraws and craving worse then any other time in your quit. It sucks! But it doesn't last that long, and you will be a much stronger person because of it.

Just quit, it's not easy, but it's a decision. One day at a time, you come up in here, post roll and decide not to be a slave to the can. That sounds easy right? There's a quote we like to throw around here, and it's true, even though it's from a fictional character "Do or do not, there is no try". Quit, there is not try to quit, just quit...

Bruce out!
It was the mushroom bruise on the cheek wasn't it? I thought that'd do something for you
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »

Bruce out!

Offline Suck-It

• Quitter
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824

Bruce out!
'clap' Thanks. Good for me to read....
Great stuff and very true. Life is about choices - I choose to quit with you today!!!

Offline ntartick

• Quitter
  • Interests: Church & Bowling
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »

Bruce out!
Nice bruce, almost brought a tear to my eye. For some reason I pictured you standing on stage with an Amercian flag in the background and a firewarks fianle. But every word was the truth. Thanks for laying down the truth for us Bruce.
Never forget the past or you will be doomed to relive your mistakes.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2012, 11:48:00 AM »

Bruce out!
'clap' Thanks. Good for me to read....
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »

Bruce out!
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

Offline usmc6048

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2012, 05:56:00 AM »
Bruce,

Kick as HOF speech bro. Really got me when you said take it day by day, donÂ’t think IÂ’d have it any other way. Keep on keeping on bro and stay strong, and thanks for the support of my walk as I go through what you have gone!
QD - 25 Feb 2012

Offline rgross298

• Quitter
  • F Tobacco.
  • Quit Date: 02/19/2012
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »
Thanks guys!!
Bruce,
Read your HOF speech yesterday. Congratulations, bro, you are an inspiration!! Keep on rolling (download and crank up the REO song of that title frequently), and I hope to be like you in 89 more days!!

--Russ

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »
Quote from: KayakKurt
Hey Bruce I don't think I formally congratulated you on your 100 days yet. Way to go brother that is HUGE! 89 to go for me! one day at a time.

Also, I really enjoyed your HOF speech. Keep up the quit and keep up the support for the guys like me.
Much appreciated Kurt!

11 days is awesome brother, I remember it well, thinking how far off 100 was. But I got here because of ktc and what I learned from it. Keep it goin, keep posting and keep rockin and take it one day at a time
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

Offline KayakKurt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hiking, Kayaking, Riding bikes, Hunting (deer), Fishing (salmon). Playing guitar.
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012, 06:49:00 PM »
Hey Bruce I don't think I formally congratulated you on your 100 days yet. Way to go brother that is HUGE! 89 to go for me! one day at a time.

Also, I really enjoyed your HOF speech. Keep up the quit and keep up the support for the guys like me.
last cigarette 2/1/2012
last dip 2/18/2012
quit date 2/19/2012

My secrets of success so far: KTC, Sex, bacon, fake dip, wintergreen lifesavers, BLT sandwiches, bacon cheeseburgers, and bacon. What are yours?

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »
Thanks guys!!
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 08:52:00 AM »
Congrats on the fine quit, Bro!!! Onward and upward . . . .

'clap'

Offline djr2

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, lifting, music, surfing
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 08:40:00 AM »
Quote from: djr2
Bruce, Congrats on a 100 days brother.. 1 of many milestones ahead of you!!
Thank you sir! I'll keep a seat warm for you...so don't mess it up, protect your quit and always have a plan brother!

Glad to be quit with you!
Looking forward to joining you..!! 66 days and I will be there.. Seeing brothers like yourself reach 100 days inspires me to stay on the grind..
Good work, stay quit!
'Champions are made when there are no bodies looking'
Quit Date: 1-26-2012
HOF Date: 5-4-2012
HOF Speech -Once an addict, always an addict..