Author Topic: When shit gets rough  (Read 9453 times)

Offline DW3

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: When shit gets rough
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2012, 03:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Bruce317
Day 225

The last 2 weeks for me have been a rollercoaster ride to say the least. In the midst of a divorce, turmoil at work and of course the retreads here, all of which had me looking inward. What could I have done, what can I do, how can I be different? Answers which use to be so easy all of a sudden, I'm second guessing myself. Did I make the correct decision ect ect ect...

Well, it all comes full circle back to ktc and my quit. My quit brought me here, without KTC I would not be quit. Without KTC I wouldn't have re-discovered working out and discovering endurance running. Without ktc, I wouldn't have met some kickass people who not only take time out of their day to check on my quit, but do check on me personally. Most of these people I haven't even met. The divorce is what it is, and I'm not going back to that, work is currently being ironed out. The retreads, well they seem to be coming back a dime a dozen. Key phrase there coming back. I know when I am here, I am quit, I know that when I am here, I am bettering myself as a person. Why would anyone mess with that? They would have to be completely stupid, right? Yes, that's the simple answer.

They are, when the coin and milestone came in, the first thing I noticed was the "Botherhood, accountability and success". Always the motto here, but really, as bad as this sounds, I'm just starting to understand this. Brotherhood, men/women you've never met before willing to drop everything to help your ass out. Whether they have reached out to you or not, every person (that I have ran into so far) would do this. Accountability, well that's the easy one, exchanging numbers posting roll ect... Success. Success, is the end result we are all searching for. When have you won? I am on day 225, and I still don't feel like I've won this war. Each day is a battle and I have won 225 days in a row, but still, there is no end in sight. Success is what I feel when I am here, success is not using any nicotene today. Because of this, I am not leaving ktc, I owe this site too much. I may step back, but I will not leave. And, that, I believe is my success.

Sorry for my rambling and horrible grammEr and speelin', quit on
You've been a strong since day 1 but have become a real stud as time has passed. Had no idea about the divorce and I hope it ends up being the right thing for you. Proud to be and FUer with you Bruce.
Grit and Quit ~ Timpy
Building a relentless, laser-sighted, chrome-plated, heat-seeking, cock-blocking, wolf pack of a quit (with curb feelers), one day at a time.

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Greg5280
Success is what I feel when I am here, success is not using any nicotene today. Because of this, I am not leaving ktc, I owe this site too much. I may step back, but I will not leave. And, that, I believe is my success.
EXCELLENT!!

Proud to be quit with you !!
I'm sorry Greg, I missed this, thank you! That was the original motivation for my post...as you can see, it got off topic just a bit. haha
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline mikegooch

• Quitter
  • Interests: Real Estate Auctions, Speaking, Ventriloquism
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2012, 11:02:00 AM »
Quote from: Notdeadyet
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: wastepanel
Day 225

The last 2 weeks for me have been a rollercoaster ride to say the least. In the midst of a divorce, turmoil at work and of course the retreads here, all of which had me looking inward. What could I have done, what can I do, how can I be different? Answers which use to be so easy all of a sudden, I'm second guessing myself. Did I make the correct decision ect ect ect...

Well, it all comes full circle back to ktc and my quit. My quit brought me here, without KTC I would not be quit. Without KTC I wouldn't have re-discovered working out and discovering endurance running. Without ktc, I wouldn't have met some kickass people who not only take time out of their day to check on my quit, but do check on me personally. Most of these people I haven't even met. The divorce is what it is, and I'm not going back to that, work is currently being ironed out. The retreads, well they seem to be coming back a dime a dozen. Key phrase there coming back. I know when I am here, I am quit, I know that when I am here, I am bettering myself as a person. Why would anyone mess with that? They would have to be completely stupid, right? Yes, that's the simple answer.

They are, when the coin and milestone came in, the first thing I noticed was the "Botherhood, accountability and success". Always the motto here, but really, as bad as this sounds, I'm just starting to understand this. Brotherhood, men/women you've never met before willing to drop everything to help your ass out. Whether they have reached out to you or not, every person (that I have ran into so far) would do this. Accountability, well that's the easy one, exchanging numbers posting roll ect... Success. Success, is the end result we are all searching for. When have you won? I am on day 225, and I still don't feel like I've won this war. Each day is a battle and I have won 225 days in a row, but still, there is no end in sight. Success is what I feel when I am here, success is not using any nicotene today. Because of this, I am not leaving ktc, I owe this site too much. I may step back, but I will not leave. And, that, I believe is my success.

I know it's cheesy, but I always break out the John Wooden quotes for moments like this:

"Success is peace of mind that is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming."

Re-treads are not successful because they have not done their best. They are satisfied by the status quo and eventually become complacent. Their only motivation is experiencing actual failure. This recent epidemic of re-treads has forced me to reconsider where I lend my support. Repeat cavers bring us all down. They reek of failure and allow such thoughts to creep into our minds. But we are not them Bruce. We are successful for the reasons you've stated and based on Coach Wooden's definition of success.

I'm sorry to hear about your divorce, it certainly comes as a surprise to this quitter. I'm proud to be quit with you today brother! You know I'm here if you need me.

We Quit Like Fuck.
As a retread, I take offense to calling those that return "retreads".

As CoachSteve's signature says, "A wise man learns from the mistakes of others, a foolish man his own.'" I've used this many times, but I've added a new item: A dumbass never learns, and keeps repeating his same mistakes.

As a retread, I can never be considered a wise man. I was handed the keys to freedom here, and I never attached them to my keychain. I put them in m pocket thinking they'd be there later when I needed them. Eventually, I stopped carrying them and put them in my junk drawer at home. And when I needed them, I couldn't find them.

I was stupid, and I made a mistake.

However, as a retread, I can look back at my mistakes objectively and draw inspiration from them. It is my scarlet letter I carry. I push myself harder because I want to be better. I have to earn every ounce of respect I carry, and I work at that daily. At the end of the day, I cannot leave anything on the table with my quit. I have to give everything I've got plus some.

Returning quitters are not retreads. They have to earn a "Retread" label. They have to prove to me that this time is different. It's real easy to pay the right lip service early in a stoppage, but they have to live those words. They have to own this quit. They have to own their past. They have to own their mistakes and their accomplishments.

I am a retread, and I'm damn proud to be a retread. Don't soil our names by labeling every returning "quitter" as a retread.
Fair enough. I see your boggle Recyclepanel. You are truly an exception, but only because you changed your entire perspective and dedicated yourself to be the best quitter you could be. There are others like you, who have returned as cavers and can now be referred to as successful "re-treads." Unfortunately, people like you are the exception and not the rule.

I'm with you on this one. I'll just refer to them as cavers until they earn the title of "re-tread."
Personally, I'll call a returning caver whatever I want. WP, you're one badass retread, no doubt man, but a retread none the less.

Coach-thanks lover, this rambling was more or less me wanting to say hey, I've just experienced all the normal bs people say they caved for and rocked it like a boss, because of ktc.

In closing, I'm quitting like fuck today
There is no "caver" or "re-tread" in my vocabulary - just quit or not quit. WP is quit. So am I.
Day 225

I know it's cheesy, but I always break out the John Wooden quotes for moments like this:

"Success is peace of mind that is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming."

Re-treads are not successful because they have not done their best. They are satisfied by the status quo and eventually become complacent. Their only motivation is experiencing actual failure. This recent epidemic of re-treads has forced me to reconsider where I lend my support. Repeat cavers bring us all down. They reek of failure and allow such thoughts to creep into our minds. But we are not them Bruce. We are successful for the reasons you've stated and based on Coach Wooden's definition of success.

I'm sorry to hear about your divorce, it certainly comes as a surprise to this quitter. I'm proud to be quit with you today brother! You know I'm here if you need me.

We Quit Like Fuck.

As CoachSteve's signature says, "A wise man learns from the mistakes of others, a foolish man his own.'" I've used this many times, but I've added a new item: A dumbass never learns, and keeps repeating his same mistakes.

As a retread, I can never be considered a wise man. I was handed the keys to freedom here, and I never attached them to my keychain. I put them in m pocket thinking they'd be there later when I needed them. Eventually, I stopped carrying them and put them in my junk drawer at home. And when I needed them, I couldn't find them.

However, as a retread, I can look back at my mistakes objectively and draw inspiration from them. It is my scarlet letter I carry. I push myself harder because I want to be better. I have to earn every ounce of respect I carry, and I work at that daily. At the end of the day, I cannot leave anything on the table with my quit. I have to give everything I've got plus some.

Returning quitters are not retreads. They have to earn a "Retread" label. They have to prove to me that this time is different. It's real easy to pay the right lip service early in a stoppage, but they have to live those words. They have to own this quit. They have to own their past. They have to own their mistakes and their accomplishments.

I am a retread, and I'm damn proud to be a retread. Don't soil our names by labeling every returning "quitter" as a retread.
Fair enough. I see your boggle Recyclepanel. You are truly an exception, but only because you changed your entire perspective and dedicated yourself to be the best quitter you could be. There are others like you, who have returned as cavers and can now be referred to as successful "re-treads." Unfortunately, people like you are the exception and not the rule.

I'm with you on this one. I'll just refer to them as cavers until they earn the title of "re-tread."
Personally, I'll call a returning caver whatever I want. WP, you're one badass retread, no doubt man, but a retread none the less.

Coach-thanks lover, this rambling was more or less me wanting to say hey, I've just experienced all the normal bs people say they caved for and rocked it like a boss, because of ktc.

There is no "caver" or "re-tread" in my vocabulary - just quit or not quit. WP is quit. So am I.

Guys here's where I am today.. I don't really know The fella here that made the original post.. I guess thats the guy we rally around here.. We can all post some serios shit.. One about this.. The other about that.. What is our primary purpose here? I think I've missed that somewhere and probably need to re-read the entire site.. I am certain we have a primary purpose which will be to support one another and no matter what don't dip or chew or use!! 23 days into this now..no matter what you say or what I say or what we all proclaim.. If I am going to use.. I am going to use.. Nothing or nobody is going to stop me including me.. You.. Or this site.. EXCEPT.... GOD! Has to be.. That's The only way I can explain it.. So I do thank everybody here for allowing that power to work through them..without it? I'm toast!  Dude.. obviously some power is working in your life too.. 225 days not using tobacco is HUGE.. Massive actually.. With everything you got going on.. That same power will help you through everything else as well.. Life sucks sometimes I assure dip will not make it better..

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2012, 10:38:00 AM »
Day 225

We Quit Like Fuck.

38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2012, 09:44:00 AM »
Day 225

We Quit Like Fuck.

It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2012, 12:52:00 PM »
Success is what I feel when I am here, success is not using any nicotene today. Because of this, I am not leaving ktc, I owe this site too much. I may step back, but I will not leave. And, that, I believe is my success.
EXCELLENT!!

Proud to be quit with you !!

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2012, 12:07:00 PM »
Day 225

We Quit Like Fuck.

Make Your Decision

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »
Day 225

We Quit Like Fuck.

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
Day 225

We Quit Like Fuck.
Make Your Decision

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2012, 09:54:00 AM »
Day 225

It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2012, 01:23:00 AM »
From Eor2012 in September'12, wanted to put this in my intros so it wont get lost

Quote from: Eor2012
Today I hit day 7... That means 7 days ago I quit... I didn't say I want to quit, I didn't think I quit, I didn't decide to quit, I didn't say I want to think I decided to quit, I fucking quit..

I used to dip when I was at work and when I wasn't around other people in public because I didn't want to look like a "hick" or just be gross. Now I walk around everywhere with a giant wad of seed in my mouth because I would rather look like a fucking chipmunk for the next 93 days... fuck it, forever... then walk around with half of my face... You need to evaluate your reasons to quit, then just man up and do it...

We are here to support each other but I am a firm believer in this... Help those who cannot help themselves, not those who choose not to.
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2012, 12:12:00 AM »
I'm gonna go ahead in vent, and since this is my intro...its happening here.

It's been a long fuckin day to say the least at work. I've got a splitting head ache and I'm starving to cap it...I am even currently breaking my diet and currently stuffing my face full of whataburger. I text my wife when I get off, ask her what's for supper, she replied to pick something up (meaning nothin).  Ask her why , she replies simply "church, mom". Fuckin great my mother in law once again has invited herself over, and to fill you in, to say I dislike my mother inlaw is an understatement. So I get home and hear the piano goin, walk in its her goin at it, fuck its 1030 and my wife has to get up at 5, fuck I just got off and have a splitting headache, this bitch must play the damn piano. I don't say anything just walk out, drive around thinkin...

Man, normally I'd dip the hell outta some grizzly right now, but I didn't feel the urge to do so, so I just drove my fat ass to whataburger...and here I sit, gettin full, but not dipping! Let us all pray when I get home, the bitch will be gone!
Prayer not answered
Bruce she ain't worth going to prison for! Don't kill her and stay quit, tall order but you can do it, you're my mentor, 1st to straighten me out. Ive got one too (mother inlaw) might consider trading, let's compare!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 12:02:00 AM »

It's been a long fuckin day to say the least at work. I've got a splitting head ache and I'm starving to cap it...I am even currently breaking my diet and currently stuffing my face full of whataburger. I text my wife when I get off, ask her what's for supper, she replied to pick something up (meaning nothin). Ask her why , she replies simply "church, mom". Fuckin great my mother in law once again has invited herself over, and to fill you in, to say I dislike my mother inlaw is an understatement. So I get home and hear the piano goin, walk in its her goin at it, fuck its 1030 and my wife has to get up at 5, fuck I just got off and have a splitting headache, this bitch must play the damn piano. I don't say anything just walk out, drive around thinkin...

Man, normally I'd dip the hell outta some grizzly right now, but I didn't feel the urge to do so, so I just drove my fat ass to whataburger...and here I sit, gettin full, but not dipping! Let us all pray when I get home, the bitch will be gone!
Prayer not answered
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2012, 11:44:00 PM »

It's been a long fuckin day to say the least at work. I've got a splitting head ache and I'm starving to cap it...I am even currently breaking my diet and currently stuffing my face full of whataburger. I text my wife when I get off, ask her what's for supper, she replied to pick something up (meaning nothin). Ask her why , she replies simply "church, mom". Fuckin great my mother in law once again has invited herself over, and to fill you in, to say I dislike my mother inlaw is an understatement. So I get home and hear the piano goin, walk in its her goin at it, fuck its 1030 and my wife has to get up at 5, fuck I just got off and have a splitting headache, this bitch must play the damn piano. I don't say anything just walk out, drive around thinkin...

It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »
So today, my wife hits the HOF over at Whack the Pack. I am extremely proud of her for this, she smoked from the age of 12 till last year (around Feb). She smoked 'socially' untill Jan 2nd, she didn't join WTP until we met up with amgdenney and SamCat!!! in Atlanta (thank you ladies for the push).

If you have the time, it would mean alot to me if yall stopped by and posted with her for today. I know I wouldn't have made it this far without yall and in turn, I don't think she would''ve ever stopped smoking socially (which would've eventually turned into back in the habit smoking). Her name is Bex over there, it works the same as here.
Great stuff, Bruce!!
Congrats to both of you and enjoy the freedom.
'clap'