Author Topic: When shit gets rough  (Read 9448 times)

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: When shit gets rough
« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2013, 08:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Bruce
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: dalgyboy
still not 100% sure if I am posting roll correctly...anyway, day 2 and still foggy.

I am a soccer coach and have dipped Kodiak for about 18 years. Started slowly and privately, until I was dribbling brown shit down my white shirt at Thanksgiving. Gave me a thought to stop...took a few weeks and here I am.

I panicked when I had a sore ear last week. WEnt to the dentist and could see no sores in my mouth. I was clenching my teeth at night and this was causing headaches and ear ache...i hope.

I do not want to die young. I am 45 and have a beautiful wife, 3 kids and 2 dogs.

I have a picture of my 3 kids standing over my coffin wondering why dad did this to himself.

I like compete and run. So, I will fight this thing and run it out of my system
(Coach Steve walks into Bruce's Intro thread and finds dalgyboy wandering around searching for the March 13 pre-HOF feudal village)

Coach Steve: Can I help you?
dalgyboy: {startled} Oh...you scared me! Yes perhaps you can tell me if I'm doing this right?
Coach Steve: Doing what right?
dalgyboy: {pointing to the wall} That....
(Coach Steve looks up and sees that dalgyboy has scribbled all over Bruce's life size Tony Romo fathead)
Coach Steve: Oh shit....Bruce is going to be pissed!
dalgyboy: Oh no....what did I do?
Coach Steve: Well first of all, you're foggy as fuck right now so this is excusable. I'm not sure how you wandered in here but you need to make your way over to the quit groups and find March 13
dalgyboy: Oh...ok, how do I get there?
Coach Steve: Take a left on Intro Avenue and then your first right onto KTC Boulevard, the March 13 feudal village is the 5th house on the left
dalgyboy: I think I passed that on the way in. Isn't that next to the big construction site?
Coach Steve: Yep...
Dalgyboy: What's going on there?
Coach Steve: Their demo-ing most of Goatfucker's Palace, making it a little more kid friendly
dalgyboy: Oh, I see....who is Goatfucker?
Coach Steve: I due time....you'll learn in due time. Have a safe trip!
dalgyboy: Thanks...I think I'll run to March 13!
(dalgyboy leaves Bruce's Intro thread and sprints down Intro Avenue in the wrong direction)
Coach Steve: Hey! You're going the wrong way!
dalgyboy: {stopping and turning around} Oh...hehe...I knew that
First of all... 'crackup'

Second, welcome dalgyboy!

To learn how to post go to the Welcome Center and click on "how to post roll". More importantly, click on like in there called "why we post roll". Read post

To actually post roll go to March'13 lots of badasses in there.

Welcome and check your inbox
bump for those to watch as they post their first intro or possibly become entrenched in infamy in a CS narrative

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Life is good when you're quit.
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Zam
Quote from: ERDVM
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: CBird65
Started a new job yesterday, I was taken back by the amount of smokers and dippers out there. Although in the back of my mind I know I will be tempted on the rough days, my thought process went somewhere else. How can I help? The guy I'm shadowing is a ninja dipper and a gutter, he thinks I don't know, but I quickly called him out and told him a little bit about my history. He said nothing, his mind is wrapped in addiction

I don't miss it, most of the time, my mind does drift but I don't "crave" much anymore. Mind games, that's what my addiction has become, like a dying old begger the nic bitch will tug at me every once in awhile, but a kick and she's gone.

Newbies, it does get better, you guys in the post HoF pre year, yea it still gets better. And I know it'll continue to get better. It's a mindset, I remove the option of caving every morning before I get to work by posting roll. Take it off the table boys and girls, and do it early.
solid gold and that's all I have to say about that :wub:
'clap'
I will quit to that every day! (Don't worry about me tugging you - wt and vigor? That's a different story)
Good stuff.
It is amazing how many slaves to the nic bitch are out there. I also think that any of us can spot them a mile away. They straight up look foolish. I went coyote hunting the other day with my dad and a friend of his. This guy also invited another one of his buddies and he shows up with a giant lipper and straight up mullet (no joke). I didn't say anything because it was obvious to the rest of us that he looked like a complete ass. When it comes to talking to people about quitting, I generally only speak to be that I know. Keep up the badass quitting Bruce!

Offline zam

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit is not a passive activity.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »
Quote from: ERDVM
Started a new job yesterday, I was taken back by the amount of smokers and dippers out there. Although in the back of my mind I know I will be tempted on the rough days, my thought process went somewhere else. How can I help? The guy I'm shadowing is a ninja dipper and a gutter, he thinks I don't know, but I quickly called him out and told him a little bit about my history. He said nothing, his mind is wrapped in addiction

I don't miss it, most of the time, my mind does drift but I don't "crave" much anymore. Mind games, that's what my addiction has become, like a dying old begger the nic bitch will tug at me every once in awhile, but a kick and she's gone.

Newbies, it does get better, you guys in the post HoF pre year, yea it still gets better. And I know it'll continue to get better. It's a mindset, I remove the option of caving every morning before I get to work by posting roll. Take it off the table boys and girls, and do it early.
'clap'
I will quit to that every day! (Don't worry about me tugging you - wt and vigor? That's a different story)
Good stuff.
*Quit today. Full stop. No qualifiers. Tomorrow?... IDK, IDC.

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »

'clap'

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »

'clap'
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2013, 08:43:00 AM »

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2013, 08:08:00 AM »

Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2013, 10:10:00 AM »
Day 500

Regret is for the failed. Stand up today, take your freedom.
That is bad ass!!!! Nice!!!!!! Bruce you are a bad ass quitter.

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »
Day 500

Regret is for the failed. Stand up today, take your freedom.
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »
Adding a bit from the below post. A recent text from a quit brother has got my fire burning...

If you ever hear someone say "the site just reminds me of dip, so I don't wanna be here/don't go there". Do me and them a favor and give them a big ol' mushroom bruise on the cheek. Hey, dumbass, it should, and you saying that confirms to me, that you have not learned a damn thing while you were here. You never took the time need for you to change your mindset. Every time you post you should be reminded of day 1, and what it took to get through it. You should remember of all the time you spent away from loved ones getting a fix that was killing you....and paying for it too. Never forget what got you to this point, whether its day 39 or 339, the nic bitch is lurking, when you have that mind set, chances are you never took her off the pedestal and you're about to surrender. Maybe not anytime soon, but you will surrender. Bruce isn't forgetting. Bruce isn't surrendering
'clap'

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2013, 02:20:00 AM »
Adding a bit from the below post. A recent text from a quit brother has got my fire burning...

If you ever hear someone say "the site just reminds me of dip, so I don't wanna be here/don't go there". Do me and them a favor and give them a big ol' mushroom bruise on the cheek. Hey, dumbass, it should, and you saying that confirms to me, that you have not learned a damn thing while you were here. You never took the time need for you to change your mindset. Every time you post you should be reminded of day 1, and what it took to get through it. You should remember of all the time you spent away from loved ones getting a fix that was killing you....and paying for it too. Never forget what got you to this point, whether its day 39 or 339, the nic bitch is lurking, when you have that mind set, chances are you never took her off the pedestal and you're about to surrender. Maybe not anytime soon, but you will surrender. Bruce isn't forgetting. Bruce isn't surrendering
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

Offline 2mch2lv4

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #121 on: February 02, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »
Quote from: cdaniels
Quote from: iquitchewing
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: CleanFuel
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: sudsmccracken
Quote from: DiplessinJax
Quote from: jhaenel23
The mind set of quit, as much as we preach using the tools kic offers, "manning up" to quit, it's becoming more and more obvious to this quitter to be successful, it is a mind set. You have your reasons to quit at first, no matter how noble or how stupid they are, they are your reasons. I've seen people coming in here saying they need to quit because it effects their children, quit for a week and back to the bitch. Why? They're weak, of course, but, they never adapted to the proper mind set, or really never gave themselves a chance. I'm on day 438 currently, and the big picture, I'm still young in my quit, but I'm just now starting to grasp forever. I'll probably get flak for that, but I've started to accept I will never put nicotine in my body again. The first 100 days is an emotional roller coaster, you don't really have the chance to get any thing through that mind, that's why we take it one day at a time. Start learning the tools taught here, learning from cavers, learning from vets and learning from your own losses and victories. Step one, take the nic bitch off the pedestal, learn to hate, educate yourself that she is just here to hurt you, she makes nothing better. Understand that just one, as an addict, means just one more. Grasp the concept that you, again as an addict, will never be cured, laugh at your poor friends that are sucking the nic bitch, do not envy them, there's nothing to envy. I quit because I was tired of being a slave, but I had quit in the past for that reason, I remain quit because of my mindset....and a few sexters who won't quit on my quit
That is some Great Stuff right there!!! Fuck I love it here!!

'worship'
Nice work, Bruce! Great perspective from day 438.
You are a bad ass quitter. I am proud to be quit with you. That was a great read.
Great stuff Bruce. Thank you for sharing!
'clap'
I just came in my pants.....outstanding
Hey mods, this is a word of wisdom post right here. Good stuff Bruce.
Thanks Bruce, I've been thinking alot about these same thoughts this week.
Thanks Bruce for your time and good words. I will stay quit with you today. Iquitchewing day 39
nice bruce thank you
Quitting with you forever, my :wub: ... One day at a time!

:Winner:

Offline cdaniels

• Quitter
« Reply #120 on: February 02, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »
Quote from: iquitchewing
The mind set of quit, as much as we preach using the tools kic offers, "manning up" to quit, it's becoming more and more obvious to this quitter to be successful, it is a mind set. You have your reasons to quit at first, no matter how noble or how stupid they are, they are your reasons. I've seen people coming in here saying they need to quit because it effects their children, quit for a week and back to the bitch. Why? They're weak, of course, but, they never adapted to the proper mind set, or really never gave themselves a chance. I'm on day 438 currently, and the big picture, I'm still young in my quit, but I'm just now starting to grasp forever. I'll probably get flak for that, but I've started to accept I will never put nicotine in my body again. The first 100 days is an emotional roller coaster, you don't really have the chance to get any thing through that mind, that's why we take it one day at a time. Start learning the tools taught here, learning from cavers, learning from vets and learning from your own losses and victories. Step one, take the nic bitch off the pedestal, learn to hate, educate yourself that she is just here to hurt you, she makes nothing better. Understand that just one, as an addict, means just one more. Grasp the concept that you, again as an addict, will never be cured, laugh at your poor friends that are sucking the nic bitch, do not envy them, there's nothing to envy. I quit because I was tired of being a slave, but I had quit in the past for that reason, I remain quit because of my mindset....and a few sexters who won't quit on my quit

'worship'
You are a bad ass quitter. I am proud to be quit with you. That was a great read.
'clap'
Thanks Bruce for your time and good words. I will stay quit with you today. Iquitchewing day 39
nice bruce thank you
Quit date 11-20-12
Never again for any reason. I quit for today. Today I live.
http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=7796
http://www.killthecan.org/facts/contract.asp

Offline iquitchewing

• Quitter
  • Interests: Grandchildren, music, electronics, hand drumming, much more.
« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »

'worship'
'clap'

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2013, 08:35:00 AM »

'worship'
'clap'