Author Topic: My Story  (Read 5644 times)

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Story
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »
Quote from: PMac
Can't believe that in a few minutes it'll be Day 5.

Though...you know what...fuck that kind of thinking. Damn right I can believe it. Just because I didn't DO it for 26 years doesn't mean that it's fucking some incredible, magnanimous feat or something. I mean let's be honest...dipping and chewing is nasty. Yellow teeth. Cancerous cells in your mouth. Breath that smells like the ass of a water buffalo. Smiling and looking like you've been straining coffee grounds with your teeth. Fore finger and thumb stained brown and stinking like you stuck them in a skunk's ass. Fucking dip all over the carpet, seats, and floor boards of my truck.

Fuck that shit. And you're talking about a 2 to 3 can per day guy just a few days ago. My first HOF speech will be to my kids about why they really don't want to be into dipping because as cool as you think you are the chicks really don't dig it. I might be the first to do a power point presentation for my HOF.

So the sleep deprivation continues. I really don't give a shit. I read, check out the site, read HOF speeches, think about new and innovative ways to curse the Bitch, and generally just sit around and feel damn good about me. Telling the Mrs. PMac last night was the best feeling ever. There is absolutely NOT A CHANCE that I would fail myself, her, or my kids at this point.

Anyway, back to my original point...

I have zero respect for the bitch. Quitting her is easy. The habit is pitiful and quite frankly I'm embarrassed that it lasted 20+ years. When you look at the crack whore on TV and look down your nose...you, like me, are looking at yourself. Fuck that. No more. Don't feel sorry for yourself in your quit because if you do you're feeling sorry for the addict that had no life outside of the can - fuck the addict - the addict is the most worthless among us so shed that shit and be a happy, free, fun person. Rejoice, with me, that you are free of the nicotine and nasty lip packing. If you are married, take your wife to dinner. Spend time with your kids. Enjoy the next few days if you are Christian and thank God that he has provided you with the abilities and tools to be beyond some addiction that is SOOOO easy to be done with.

I've said it before. PM me if you are just starting out. I will walk with you. I'll carry you. This is easy for me. I'll pledge to be quit with you if you promise me the same. I won't beg you, I won't coddle you, and I won't try to make you quit...if you're quit with me then you're as committed as I am. If you send me your number I'll call you on Christmas and wish you (a) a Merry Christmas and (2) a Merry Quit.

Peace.

PMac.
Werd !!

'clap'

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2011, 06:46:00 AM »
Nice work PMac. Fight on.

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2011, 02:54:00 AM »
Not much more to say other than FUCk YES! Own that bitch. KEEP that positive outlook. I felt just like you do at that point (and still do). Well done, counselor.

Offline PMac

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2011, 12:08:00 AM »
Can't believe that in a few minutes it'll be Day 5.

Though...you know what...fuck that kind of thinking. Damn right I can believe it. Just because I didn't DO it for 26 years doesn't mean that it's fucking some incredible, magnanimous feat or something. I mean let's be honest...dipping and chewing is nasty. Yellow teeth. Cancerous cells in your mouth. Breath that smells like the ass of a water buffalo. Smiling and looking like you've been straining coffee grounds with your teeth. Fore finger and thumb stained brown and stinking like you stuck them in a skunk's ass. Fucking dip all over the carpet, seats, and floor boards of my truck.

Fuck that shit. And you're talking about a 2 to 3 can per day guy just a few days ago. My first HOF speech will be to my kids about why they really don't want to be into dipping because as cool as you think you are the chicks really don't dig it. I might be the first to do a power point presentation for my HOF.

So the sleep deprivation continues. I really don't give a shit. I read, check out the site, read HOF speeches, think about new and innovative ways to curse the Bitch, and generally just sit around and feel damn good about me. Telling the Mrs. PMac last night was the best feeling ever. There is absolutely NOT A CHANCE that I would fail myself, her, or my kids at this point.

Anyway, back to my original point...

I have zero respect for the bitch. Quitting her is easy. The habit is pitiful and quite frankly I'm embarrassed that it lasted 20+ years. When you look at the crack whore on TV and look down your nose...you, like me, are looking at yourself. Fuck that. No more. Don't feel sorry for yourself in your quit because if you do you're feeling sorry for the addict that had no life outside of the can - fuck the addict - the addict is the most worthless among us so shed that shit and be a happy, free, fun person. Rejoice, with me, that you are free of the nicotine and nasty lip packing. If you are married, take your wife to dinner. Spend time with your kids. Enjoy the next few days if you are Christian and thank God that he has provided you with the abilities and tools to be beyond some addiction that is SOOOO easy to be done with.

I've said it before. PM me if you are just starting out. I will walk with you. I'll carry you. This is easy for me. I'll pledge to be quit with you if you promise me the same. I won't beg you, I won't coddle you, and I won't try to make you quit...if you're quit with me then you're as committed as I am. If you send me your number I'll call you on Christmas and wish you (a) a Merry Christmas and (2) a Merry Quit.

Peace.

PMac.
My Independence Day - December 19, 2011
HOF - March 27, 2012
Comma Town, USA - September 15, 2014
Three Years - December 19, 2014
Eleventh Floor - December 24, 2014

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
Like my fellow quit bro JW, I'm using this space to chronicle my quit and, if need be, call a spade (the Nic Bitch) a spade.

So in the process of having a few cold beers tonight (my in-laws are in town from northern Michigan - we were cooking Walleye and Perch), I started thinking about telling my wife on Christmas that I was at Day 7. By about 10:00 PM or so, I had decided two things. One, I wanted to go ahead and tell her. Two, I wasn't real sure how she would react to my first introduction post and I wanted to get any negativity gone now rather than on Christmas (remember...I was a lying douche bag for years).

So I showed her my first post. I showed her some responses, the PMs I have gotten, some HOF speeches (like AgLawyer), some harsh shit, some funny shit, etc. Hell, she spent over an hour on here just reading after we started. Unfortunately, I couldn't get her to agree to become my GIF avatar like MikeA or AtomicDiesel or tex, so my avatar search continues. But I digress...she's now a huge fan of the site. She is now my biggest supporter. She (on her own) went and read the part of the site about being a spouse supporting your quitter. I feel better than I have in years about me. I'm glad that she knows that I was a lying douche bag for years about my addiction. She probably has a better understanding of why than she ever has before. I felt good the last three days. I feel better tonight. I already can tell I won't be sleeping anytime soon. Who cares? I'll read some tonight. I'll post roll in a few minutes. And tomorrow I'll be there for any one of my brothers that needs me.

Day 4 coming soon Dogs. Let's wear the bitch out.
Great Job! Telling the wife is a huge step, I was a ninja dipper (and a damn good one, my wife had no idea and we've been married 12 years!) took me a month to tell her I was an addict and I was quit.... Toughest conversation of my life, but it was the one thing that strengthened me the most. Lots of ex-ninjas floating around, you don't have to read too deep into HOF speeches to find lots of stuff on being honest. Don't want him to get all arrogant but DennyX's HOF speech was pretty good on the topic.
Once again great job, I'll quit with you today

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 718
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2011, 07:53:00 AM »
Like my fellow quit bro JW, I'm using this space to chronicle my quit and, if need be, call a spade (the Nic Bitch) a spade.

So in the process of having a few cold beers tonight (my in-laws are in town from northern Michigan - we were cooking Walleye and Perch), I started thinking about telling my wife on Christmas that I was at Day 7. By about 10:00 PM or so, I had decided two things. One, I wanted to go ahead and tell her. Two, I wasn't real sure how she would react to my first introduction post and I wanted to get any negativity gone now rather than on Christmas (remember...I was a lying douche bag for years).

So I showed her my first post. I showed her some responses, the PMs I have gotten, some HOF speeches (like AgLawyer), some harsh shit, some funny shit, etc. Hell, she spent over an hour on here just reading after we started. Unfortunately, I couldn't get her to agree to become my GIF avatar like MikeA or AtomicDiesel or tex, so my avatar search continues. But I digress...she's now a huge fan of the site. She is now my biggest supporter. She (on her own) went and read the part of the site about being a spouse supporting your quitter. I feel better than I have in years about me. I'm glad that she knows that I was a lying douche bag for years about my addiction. She probably has a better understanding of why than she ever has before. I felt good the last three days. I feel better tonight. I already can tell I won't be sleeping anytime soon. Who cares? I'll read some tonight. I'll post roll in a few minutes. And tomorrow I'll be there for any one of my brothers that needs me.

first off man that walleyes good eatin.

seckind man you need to show your old lady my thred cuz man shes gotta be from mishigin like her fokes rite? man i got some stuff there bout mishigin drivers man. i think they lern to drive at the kmarts man. its eether that or there all reely stoopid. i aint figgered it out yet.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2011, 02:15:00 AM »
It is 2:13. I am reading your thread. Love it. Love new quit. 1 day at a time. Best advice ever. Shout if necessary. You can count on me.

Offline PMac

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2011, 11:46:00 PM »

HOF - March 27, 2012

Offline PMac

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman
He looked at me and said good luck.  He now knows that I'm not a customer for the Poison.  Felt damn good.
You should have cracked a Gennie Cream on his forehead and pissed on his shirt.

Good luck? Good luck?

You don't need luck. You've got balls...gigantic balls of steel. You are quit my friend.

I damn near pissed myself laughing at this. That's funny. BTW they don't sell that Gennie Cream shit down here as far as I know.

One other thing...damn right I'm quit. Done. Forever.
HOF - March 27, 2012

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
He looked at me and said good luck. He now knows that I'm not a customer for the Poison. Felt damn good.
You should have cracked a Gennie Cream on his forehead and pissed on his shirt.

Good luck? Good luck?

You don't need luck. You've got balls...gigantic balls of steel. You are quit my friend.

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 06:12:00 AM »
It's 11:45 PM. The Nic Bitch thinks she's pulling some funny shit with my sleep habits. Of course, being a stupid short-sighted bitch, she (a) failed to take into account that I could post shit about her while I'm awake, and (B) I bought a new book I've been meaning to read so I'm going to sit in my den and enjoy something on the Bitch's nickel.

To my fellow March quitters, keep your head up and keep your sense of humor. If you get down about your quit it's going to be hard. Hell, you (like me) did it to yourself, so you might as well laugh at yourself and the mind games you're going to have to deal with.

I challenge any of my fellow March brothers to post a story in my thread about something funny or poignant that has happened since your Day 1 that has to do with giving up dip or nic. Doesn't even have to be that funny...for example my story from yesterday where I was concerned about buying 2 for $1 bags of seeds when I've been buying 2 or 3 cans of Skoal per FUCKING day for years. Just something that someone else can read about and know that they're not alone in this.

On another note, I went to the convenience store that I have bought dip at today (as I did yesterday). Today though I went to buy beer and tell the clerk that's been my dealer that I'm quit (though I could have bought beer anywhere in town). He looked at me and said good luck. He now knows that I'm not a customer for the Poison. Felt damn good.

I don't know why, and I'm not sure that I can tell you how, but I feel fucking great. Yes, my head had a dull pounding all day and I slept poor last night. I still feel great. I feel better about myself than I have in YEARS. If you're struggling, if you feel down, if you need help - PM me. I'll give you my cell number and my office number and I'll tell you why you should feel better and not worse.

It's Day 3. I'll post roll in a few hours. I'll go ahead and tell you though that I'll be promising to stay quit.

Later.
Well done. Stay the course and keep the positive attitude. I remember early in my quit I was struggling with insomnia as well as massive craves. However, my spirit was intact because something clicked - I knew that I was winning...winning like never before. I still feel that way on day 147. You, too, are winning. Freedom is amazing. Shout if you need anything.

Offline PMac

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 12:16:00 AM »
It's 11:45 PM. The Nic Bitch thinks she's pulling some funny shit with my sleep habits. Of course, being a stupid short-sighted bitch, she (a) failed to take into account that I could post shit about her while I'm awake, and (B) I bought a new book I've been meaning to read so I'm going to sit in my den and enjoy something on the Bitch's nickel.

To my fellow March quitters, keep your head up and keep your sense of humor. If you get down about your quit it's going to be hard. Hell, you (like me) did it to yourself, so you might as well laugh at yourself and the mind games you're going to have to deal with.

I challenge any of my fellow March brothers to post a story in my thread about something funny or poignant that has happened since your Day 1 that has to do with giving up dip or nic. Doesn't even have to be that funny...for example my story from yesterday where I was concerned about buying 2 for $1 bags of seeds when I've been buying 2 or 3 cans of Skoal per FUCKING day for years. Just something that someone else can read about and know that they're not alone in this.

On another note, I went to the convenience store that I have bought dip at today (as I did yesterday). Today though I went to buy beer and tell the clerk that's been my dealer that I'm quit (though I could have bought beer anywhere in town). He looked at me and said good luck. He now knows that I'm not a customer for the Poison. Felt damn good.

I don't know why, and I'm not sure that I can tell you how, but I feel fucking great. Yes, my head had a dull pounding all day and I slept poor last night. I still feel great. I feel better about myself than I have in YEARS. If you're struggling, if you feel down, if you need help - PM me. I'll give you my cell number and my office number and I'll tell you why you should feel better and not worse.

It's Day 3. I'll post roll in a few hours. I'll go ahead and tell you though that I'll be promising to stay quit.

Later.
HOF - March 27, 2012

Offline rmayer32

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »
"There will come a day when all this pain fades and you will think you have this thing whipped."

I already have it whipped. Pain or not, I've won. Day 1 was victory. Nothing will make me turn back. Not even the restless sleep last night (when it finally came) or the dull pounding in the front of my skull that has been there since I got up this morning would change that. All the Nic Bitch's tricks are just her dying throes and lashing out. I laugh in her ugly face.
You can do it. Fuck sleep for now, it's over rated. Long as we don't dip, we win.
The end of my self mutilation by dip date - December 14, 2011

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 05:02:00 PM »
"There will come a day when all this pain fades and you will think you have this thing whipped."

I already have it whipped. Pain or not, I've won. Day 1 was victory. Nothing will make me turn back. Not even the restless sleep last night (when it finally came) or the dull pounding in the front of my skull that has been there since I got up this morning would change that. All the Nic Bitch's tricks are just her dying throes and lashing out. I laugh in her ugly face.
FUCKING YES!

You have won my friend. That's the shit right there. BOOM. Fucking powerful shit saying you have taken back your world. Of course your body is going to make it hard. You've been filling it full of poison on a daily basis...consciously! Fight through this part. You got this bro. Whole bunch of folks here to help get you through.

I quit with you.

Offline brotherofnomosko

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 7 September 2011
  • Interests: Getting through a quit each day. After that I'm happy with what happens.
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »

Just quit for today and repeat. I've been doing that for a while, now, but I still don't think I have it whipped. The addiction keeps reminding me of its existence.

As with AgLawyer, we share a lack of brevity and a similarity of story. PM if you need anything.