Author Topic: Stressed out Mom and Quitting  (Read 24261 times)

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
Re: Stressed out Mom and Quitting
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »
Quote from: wo1miles
Thank you, Bama. I for one am appalled that someone would be so brash as to put a kitten up as their avatar.
TIFFS 9.13 'crackup'

'boob'
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline wo1miles

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, Football, Basketball, Bowling, Reading, Writing, Spending time with the kiddos, watching movies with the love of my life (wife).
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
Thank you, Bama. I for one am appalled that someone would be so brash as to put a kitten up as their avatar.
Your mind is a lying, cheating, stealing whore. Your body is a saint. Now, who are YOU going to listen to?

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2011, 10:46:00 AM »
Avatars can be disabled under My Controls in the top right of your screen. Then select board options in the bottom left.
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline wo1miles

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, Football, Basketball, Bowling, Reading, Writing, Spending time with the kiddos, watching movies with the love of my life (wife).
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2011, 10:30:00 AM »
She forgot where she came from. Those things gave her nourishment once.
Your mind is a lying, cheating, stealing whore. Your body is a saint. Now, who are YOU going to listen to?

Offline Gump

• Quitter
    • framedartexpert.com
  • Interests: my daughterquittingwinningbusinessrock climbingbodybuildingguitarscubasnowboardingtheaterlive bandsdead bandspretty much anything in naturenot having nature invite itself into my househelping other people to quit nicotineAtlanta Picture Framer
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »
Chewife, your post was not at all what I was hoping for when I saw a thread labeled "Boobs", LOL! Of all the things you could be disgusted with on this board...the meanness, the absurdity, the caves, the pseudo- or not-so-pseudo faggotry, pretty much anything the Warrant Officer has posted in the last couple of days - I'm REALLY disappointed that you chose breasts to complain about.

Except the fake ones. Can't stand the fake ones.
"Stupid is as stupid does"

Quit nicotine 9/1/09

Framed Art Expert

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2011, 09:40:00 AM »
Quote from: wo1miles
Ditto...never seen em that big in person. A big veiny throbbing member avatar is just what this forum needs.
I would not advise that. Gmann is incredibly important to this forum. Giving anything that is a distraction to him would not be wise for any of our quits.

Offline wo1miles

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2011, 09:32:00 AM »
Ditto...never seen em that big in person. A big veiny throbbing member avatar is just what this forum needs.

Offline chewife

• Quitter
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2011, 09:28:00 AM »
Just gotta put this out there although I dont expect any of you men to change, and its not really a huge deal, but isnt anyone else SICK of seeing big, nasty, floppy boob avatars. Uck. Of all the things you could choose! I mean whats wrong with a little fluffy kitten, huh??LOL Yuk those big sweaty knockers floppin all over the place. All greased up and artificial!!! One of them are so HUGE its just disturbing. BLech :wacko: Maybe if we had some big veiny penises stickin around it be a little more evened out! There now I feel better oh and 'boob' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline wo1miles

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »
Sometimes I eat stuff that DOES move. It keeps 'em happy.

Offline Leather Apron

• Quitter
  • Interests: Work, fishing, sports with my 6 year old son. When I have time, I like to hop on Xbox Live and play some Call of Duty.
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2011, 01:56:00 PM »
Quote from: chewife
Now that is funny because my first diet coke post quit does not taste good at all and they use to be my favorite beverage (especially while dippin)
'm1' 'm1'

I've got plans with my bro to start running again. Seems that all I want to do now is eat gummi sharks when I would usually have a dip in. Asides from eating everything that doesn't move, and the changes to my taste buds, I've never felt better. My roommates cans of Red Seal all over the house dont even bother me anymore. I'm glad you and your hubby are hangin. If you need, holler.
King Kong aint got nuthin on me!!!

Offline chewife

• Quitter
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Leather
I wanted to see if anyone else has had this symptom though. He has multiple little white pimple like bumps in rows down either side on the underside of his tongue.
The first 3-4 days I quit I had tThank all of you!!! I'm glad to be here!! I think the only bad thing about me quitting is I'm going to have to join weight watchers LOL I have seriously gained 10 lbs in a week!!!he same thing on the back and sides of my tongue. I'm day 8 now and they've been gone for a few days. From what I understand, it's because the ph levels in his mouth have been out of whack for so long, they're restabilizing themselves and it's the effects of that he is seeing. My food tasted weird and my tongue was sore but I'm good now. I have however noticed that I now prefer Pepsi over Coke. Dunno if that's a result of my taste buds getting un-screwed.
Now that is funny because my first diet coke post quit does not taste good at all and they use to be my favorite beverage (especially while dippin)

Offline Leather Apron

• Quitter
  • Interests: Work, fishing, sports with my 6 year old son. When I have time, I like to hop on Xbox Live and play some Call of Duty.
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
I wanted to see if anyone else has had this symptom though. He has multiple little white pimple like bumps in rows down either side on the underside of his tongue.
The first 3-4 days I quit I had the same thing on the back and sides of my tongue. I'm day 8 now and they've been gone for a few days. From what I understand, it's because the ph levels in his mouth have been out of whack for so long, they're restabilizing themselves and it's the effects of that he is seeing. My food tasted weird and my tongue was sore but I'm good now. I have however noticed that I now prefer Pepsi over Coke. Dunno if that's a result of my taste buds getting un-screwed.
King Kong aint got nuthin on me!!!

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2011, 01:07:00 PM »
Quote from: whsii
8 cans of wintergreen grizzly a week=$33.60
$33.60 times 4=$134.40 a month
We are going to save $1,612.80 in a year! Yet another incentive to quit!!!
In reality you'll save more than that. The price will just continue to rise.

Congrats to you and hubby.

I am very glad to quit with you today.
one day at a time. that's all you have to focus upon. it can be done we are proof.

also...yearly saving will be $1747.20. you can send me that extra hundo. B)
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2011, 11:53:00 AM »
After you quit you mouth goes through some major changes. Just keep an eye on the bumps and if not gone in a few day seek medical attention.

About roll call. Roll call is what this site is all about. History has shown that those that quit posting roll WILL dip again. Get your pantywaste of a husband to start posting roll.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline Wild_Bill

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »
8 cans of wintergreen grizzly a week=$33.60
$33.60 times 4=$134.40 a month
We are going to save $1,612.80 in a year! Yet another incentive to quit!!!

In reality you'll save more than that. The price will just continue to rise.

Congrats to you and hubby.

I am very glad to quit with you today.
Quit Dip: August 12, 2011
Quit Cigs: October 1, 2009

veni, vici, cessavi