Author Topic: Quitter  (Read 9283 times)

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitter
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
Quote from: Minny

I told him I hadn't had a chew since June 22nd and he looked at me like I was insane. He chews a can a day, ninja style.
Why are you still telling people that you quit on the 22nd of June? You haven't earned that right. You are on day 9. Be proud of that. Who are you trying to impress? Your buddy? You?

Your cavalier attitude about the length of your quit does not recognize your previous cave and lies, which, if you dug deep and looked at the ugliness that caused them, would allow you to grow and this quit to be successful.
Yo Minny.... I agree with Cali Slim. Not 100% sure what is going on here. In your PM to me the other night you waffled about your ability to uphold NAFAR... you said you needed to figure some things out and that is why you caved. Then you drop a post saying u were pissed off. That sounds good, then a vet asked you what are you going to do differently this time. I can't see where you responded. The only thing I see is this post where you say you had not dipped since June 22nd. Which is garbage because you caved.

So I ask - what is your deal? You lied, fessed up finally, could not figure out if this quit was something you could do, and now are making claims you have not dipped since June 22nd. What are you going to do differently? Based on your recent post - it seems like not much. You need to explain yourself.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2013, 05:28:00 PM »

I told him I hadn't had a chew since June 22nd and he looked at me like I was insane. He chews a can a day, ninja style.
Why are you still telling people that you quit on the 22nd of June? You haven't earned that right. You are on day 9. Be proud of that. Who are you trying to impress? Your buddy? You?

Your cavalier attitude about the length of your quit does not recognize your previous cave and lies, which, if you dug deep and looked at the ugliness that caused them, would allow you to grow and this quit to be successful.

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
I just posted day 9. Last night was like the movie A Beautiful Mind: the caver inside me was in the corner trying desperately trying to get my attention and rationalizing why I should have some nic, why I deserved it, etc.
Just gonna share my two cents....I just posted day 5. The little caver bitch inside me is hiding because my quit brothers and I have been kicking his ass all week, together, ODAAT. Talking to a fellow quitter works better than dipping cownorker.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2013, 12:19:00 PM »
Quote from: loot
Quote from: Evil_Won
Step 1) Admit you're an addict.

Step 2) Admit that because you are an addict you can never again have "just one", or a simple little bandit, or a cigar, or a SNUS, or a plug supository if you are in the mood. You can't handle any nic. Period. Never again. Not for any reason.

When you fully accept and believe steps 1 and 2, then you can begin healing (quitting).
Bump for the little bitch.

Get your shit together or hit the fucking bricks Minny. We have no time for your wishy washy bullshit.

You've got 4 fucking total posts. FOUR. Fuck your half assed addict bullshit.
bump not being a dick I am just helping watching your quit til you can gain control of your own quit.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2013, 12:16:00 PM »
I just posted day 9. Last night was like the movie A Beautiful Mind: the caver inside me was in the corner trying desperately trying to get my attention and rationalizing why I should have some nic, why I deserved it, etc.

There is a work event w/ spouses coming up and a chewer I know said to me yesterday, "Don't talk about chew at all when you meet my wife". I told him I hadn't had a chew since June 22nd and he looked at me like I was insane. He chews a can a day, ninja style.

In other news, I slept on my arm and two fingers on my right hand have been numb for an hour. Usually it's the whole hand that goes numb (The Stranger! Haha). Odd...

Anyway, THIS first without nic (lion's den) is the best. I used to commit a weekend to this place consciously aware that it was my tobacco haven and that the primary reason for the trip was to F the nic bitch. She was my mistress!
Well have you modified your plan to have an exit to this event if she calls her slave home? Being that you appear to be very weak around the bitch, I would purposely mention that your are part of KTC and that it is a battle for you everyday and that you are quit for the day. That would alert the ninja friend/coworker you are not fucking around and to not for a moment include you in his plan of dipping antics.

A side note about ninja dipping unless your wifes nose has the olfactory nerves removed from it there is no way they don't know you are not dipping. They chose to pick their battles. If they don't see your mistress they don't have to address it.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »

There is a work event w/ spouses coming up and a chewer I know said to me yesterday, "Don't talk about chew at all when you meet my wife". I told him I hadn't had a chew since June 22nd and he looked at me like I was insane. He chews a can a day, ninja style.

In other news, I slept on my arm and two fingers on my right hand have been numb for an hour. Usually it's the whole hand that goes numb (The Stranger! Haha). Odd...

Anyway, THIS first without nic (lion's den) is the best. I used to commit a weekend to this place consciously aware that it was my tobacco haven and that the primary reason for the trip was to F the nic bitch. She was my mistress!
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: Mjollnir
It was very tempting to cut myself some slack and keep rollin'...

Dougie, B-lo Matt, CBird, jrizzle, derk40, duathman, mkez, srans, jungleland, and billybil, and everyone else that is quittin' like a badass:  I'm sorry.

This sucks to write because I know that this is a no nicoitine, no nonsense site. I had some nicotine on July 10th, and again on July 12th.  I am now fully deserving of the GTFO requests and i will oblige.

I'm not going to just disappear without explanation.

July 10th:What happened? I was at a overnight work event in Chicago and it's always a huge party. The beer was flowing and my former "smoking buddy" kept trying to get me to have a heater. He put a cigarette in front and a lighter in front of my face. I lit it up and took a couple of drags. He was flappin his gums but all I was thinking about was my quit. The cigarette snuffed itself out when it was still nearly whole, sitting between my fingers at my side.

Why did it happen?  I don't know. All I wanted that night was a f'ing smoke. Not a chew, but a smoke. It was being pushed on me again and again and again and I finally took a couple of drags.

What are you going to do different this time? I don't know. I'm really surprised that I had a couple of drags. i've been posting roll and contributing and owning this quit. I'm horribly disappointed in my weakness.

July 12th: What Happened? I've been burning the candle at both ends and last Friday night was a great example. Long story short a couple of my college buddies came over for a cookout and some beers. They're both smokers. Having already caved on the 10th I was quick to cave again and bummed a few drags.

Why did it happen? i had a caver's mentality: "I caved on Wednesday night, fuck it."

What are you going to do differnt this time? See above.

What happens now? I don't know, but we'll find out. I considered rejoining under a different user name (Minny wasn't exactly a cool name anyway) and starting from scratch, but that's not my style. I'm a candid an honest person and just want to be quit.

Well, you messed up, and you get to own it. It is against site rules to open a new account so you must stay with this one.

I am merging your intros because you only get one.

Well doesn't that just suck ass. Another caver. WTF is it with you guys.

I am very disappointed, but not very surprised. You developed a shitty attitude right about the time you started reading Enraged Thor's weak ass shit. In fact it seems to me that you planned this cave all along. I recall you day dreaming about having some cigars with your father in law or some shit over about a week or 2 ago.

Well here is the deal Minny. Maybe you just aren't ready to quit. That's fine, it doesnt make you a bad guy, it just makes you a pussy. It takes a real bad ass to get free of this shit, not everyone has it in them. Maybe you should wait until you are spitting teeth out like Thor, or wait better yet, wait until you have your tongue-ectomy or chemotherapy scheduled. Maybe that will be a better time to quit. Maybe you will be ready then?

I suggest you man up and go post a day one rather than finger banging the can for another 6 months, or 6 years, or whatever it might turn into. But wait, if your not ready than dont bother, just take your own advice and GTFO. There are quitters on here that want and need the help. Dont waste our time, get your damn head on straight.

Alot has been said already Minny. Welcome back. Tell me again what you are giong to do different this time? I want to support you but I just need to know that you are serious and that you really want this. If you aren't and you really don't than I really dont want to bother.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2013, 10:33:00 PM »
I'm going in to the lion's den this weekend. I will not use tobacco.
I guess we will see if you really do have any nuts. Or if you just tuck your shit and wear a skirt.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2013, 10:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Keddy
In spite of my track record, I got this. I'm pissed off.
Guard your quit like your life depends on it. It probably does!
Ur past is ur past. Worry a out today. Good to see u getting ticked off here. You can beat this down. Stay quit!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »
Guard your quit like your life depends on it. It probably does!

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2013, 06:06:00 PM »
Why are you going? Dammit your quit is more important than your fucking nuts. You can have sex with no nuts, missing a face? Good luck with that.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2013, 05:57:00 PM »
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2013, 03:11:00 PM »
Good move pulling your September post today, time to make a few more good moves.
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Dougie
hay man you guys no that smokey guy rites some good stuff in his intro rite? so man i found this jem in my quit groop and i thot id share it. speshully for the cavetards out there.
Quote from: smokeyg
I love to see myself talk, so here's a bump for you guys who weren't spending your Friday nights on the computer....

I wanted to put my serious two cents in on the topic of helping cavers and what it means to others when a brother/sister decideds to cave. Reading Builderchad's post in November and reflecting on the past got me to thinking more about this issue.

Cavers don't just cave. They make the conscious decision to cave. There is no nic bitch whispering in their ear, holding their family hostage, fucking them up the ass, whatever other metaphors you can come up with. Cavers always have a choice. They may decide to pull into a local convenience store because they know they have a special two for one special on Copenhagen. They may purchase the two for one special of Copenhagen. They may open a can with that one fingernail they purposefully didn't trim that morning. All bad decisions. But they aren't yet cavers. A caver makes the conscious decision to actually put the chew in their mouth. To light the cigarette and take a drag. They're not thinking about accountability at that moment; they're rationalizing their actions. "This will make the stress go away." "It's either full fledge alcoholism or this chew." "I can quit again after this one dip/can/log/life."

Most of you don't know Builderchad. He was a fucking nutball August quitter. An amazing quitter who got more people invested in this site than anyone else I know. That's not to put any dedicated vets down, that's just saying Builderchad was pantysniffing insane. His cave crushed me. Scared me. Demoralized me. Fucking pissed me off to no ends. I let him know it as did many others who had put their faith in him. He stayed away for a long time. Skunkdouche hasn't come back. Funny thing is, look at my member number and joined date. Now look at my last roll call post below. Doesn't quite match up, eh?

I had signed up for a KTC account but had never posted roll during my first "quit" attempt. I saw the animosity in here and decided this wasn't for me. What a bunch of internet dorks, I thought. This shit is a joke. Instead of joining a quit group and posting roll, I signed up for a anti-smoking class through a local hospital. I was the only chewer in the class, the only chewer my instructor (20 years experience) had ever had in class. We all had the same quit day - two weeks after the first day of class. Only 6 out of 10 people were able to stay quit 48 hours. When the other people explained why they couldn't make it, there was no anger. No "you fucked me over". It was a very open and accepting environment of failure. The class ended and we all went our own ways. I caved after about 3 months (I'll share that story some other time) and continued chewing for about 8 months after that. I was chewing more and in more risky/stupid situations. I chewed while teaching class (that's some extreme ninja shit, but I'm pretty sure some kids knew, but the teacher/student power relationship kept their teenage mouths shut). Fuck.

I'm rambling. I don't really know what I'm trying to say. I guess my feeling is, if you make the choice to cave, you're not just hurting yourself. You know that. If you make the choice to cave, you are committing an atrocious act against yourself and the people on this site who care about you. Why do they care about you - a fucking clever nickname and booby avatar? They care about you because they care about themselves. Everyone on this site is selfish to some extent. We're all doing this for ourselves. I'm writing this for myself. If someone reads this extraordinarily long post and buys a can of fuckenshitten and cuts the seal and still decides to throw the fuckenshitten away at the last second, that's fucking great. If they write a post on this board thanking me for that, that's fucking amazing for me. If they don't write a post on this board, I'm still going to imagine that this scenario is happening over and over again. I'm a fucking hero.

Now, how will I feel if I cave? What have you done? How will you feel if you cave?

Syndrome's intro thread would be a good place for you go if you want to learn how to QLF.

I am going to head over to Smokeyg's thread now and read his quit.

This is how I QLF. I learn from the guys that are doing it. I am not a snowflake and I drink the koolaide every day all day.
Good stuff, damn I'm glad to be back here and quit with all you bad ass mofo quitters. I watched guys from my original group cave and come back and I still made that choice Smokey is talking about. I won't make that choice again.