Author Topic: Quitter  (Read 9282 times)

Offline jrod

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitter
« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2013, 02:37:00 AM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
I like to picture one of the hot witches from either oz the great and powerful or hansel and gretel witch hunters as the nic bitch. I like to imagine she finds me in a moment of weakness because I have been very constipated (think 4 day music festival living on a diet of immodium AD and peanut butter and honey pita sandwiches for days...). The hag tries to make me cave but instead I get pissed at her for putting shit in my lip for 20 years and punch her in the throat. I then feel free and take a big messy dump in the nic hags gapping orafice! It helps me get through the day, but might not work for everyone... If it helps to free you up imagine that while the hag is recovering from your throat punch you put a chair on her chest with the front cross support on her throat and then you drop trou and sit backwards on the chair so s to be able to wait patiently for the immodium to wear off... Just remember to put your feet on her wrists so you have total control. I am not normaly this sadistic but I just imagine what Gahndi would do...
Wow B-loMatt. Hope you are friends with Minny. Please don't post this weird crap in the threads of newbies, haha.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2013, 02:13:00 AM »
I like to picture one of the hot witches from either oz the great and powerful or hansel and gretel witch hunters as the nic bitch. I like to imagine she finds me in a moment of weakness because I have been very constipated (think 4 day music festival living on a diet of immodium AD and peanut butter and honey pita sandwiches for days...). The hag tries to make me cave but instead I get pissed at her for putting shit in my lip for 20 years and punch her in the throat. I then feel free and take a big messy dump in the nic hags gapping orafice! It helps me get through the day, but might not work for everyone... If it helps to free you up imagine that while the hag is recovering from your throat punch you put a chair on her chest with the front cross support on her throat and then you drop trou and sit backwards on the chair so s to be able to wait patiently for the immodium to wear off... Just remember to put your feet on her wrists so you have total control. I am not normaly this sadistic but I just imagine what Gahndi would do...

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »
Quote from: KC_Guy
Quote from: Minny
The past two days have been hell and it's pissing me off. I'm having some of the hardest cravings yet and they're not even coming in waves, it's like 48 hours of constant crave.s The fog is back too, which I haven't had since (my first) days 3,4,5. From reading Intros it seems like this is pretty damn normal, so whatever.

Reading a lot of the brand spanking new Intros makes me think that the first paragraph to any Intro should answer the question, "What do you think it means to be quit?"

Anyway, it's a late night at the office. Just me and the cleaning lady (who doesn't notice me and has been singing quite enthusiastically for a while now). This used to be prime dipping time. In fact, instead of going home I used to stay late sometimes just to have a chew. I would get shit done, but mostly I was just getting my fix.

Another thing about chewing in the office: I used to spit and discard my chew in the garbage can quite a bit. It stunk like hell, I'm sure. I don't miss that.
We all have good and bad days bro. The nic bitch tries to grab all of us. Doesn't matter how many days we have been quit. On bad days I simply repeat I am a man of my word all day long. That's why posting roll is the key. Now keep your word and choke that nic bitch out.
There will be good days and bad days Minny. But you must stay quit nonetheless. It does get better. You have to power through it. Use the tools.

How many years did you use? It takes some time to undue all that damage.

Bottomline, you dont need that shit, and you never did. Nicotine never did anything positive for you. The only thing it ever did was remove the withdrawal symptoms that it created. You bought the lie that it was so great. I bought the lie too.

Keep it up, one day at a time. BTW, I responded to your PM about hunting. Tell me what you think of my comments. We can talk about it more if you'd like.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2013, 09:01:00 PM »
The past two days have been hell and it's pissing me off. I'm having some of the hardest cravings yet and they're not even coming in waves, it's like 48 hours of constant crave.s The fog is back too, which I haven't had since (my first) days 3,4,5. From reading Intros it seems like this is pretty damn normal, so whatever.

Reading a lot of the brand spanking new Intros makes me think that the first paragraph to any Intro should answer the question, "What do you think it means to be quit?"

Anyway, it's a late night at the office. Just me and the cleaning lady (who doesn't notice me and has been singing quite enthusiastically for a while now). This used to be prime dipping time. In fact, instead of going home I used to stay late sometimes just to have a chew. I would get shit done, but mostly I was just getting my fix.

Another thing about chewing in the office: I used to spit and discard my chew in the garbage can quite a bit. It stunk like hell, I'm sure. I don't miss that.
We all have good and bad days bro. The nic bitch tries to grab all of us. Doesn't matter how many days we have been quit. On bad days I simply repeat I am a man of my word all day long. That's why posting roll is the key. Now keep your word and choke that nic bitch out.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2013, 08:15:00 PM »

Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2013, 11:20:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: traumagnet
There's lots of good stuff here and also in the PMs you've been sending. Many thanks.

I emerged from the Lion's Den unscathed and 100% nic free. My friend's brother was there altering between Marlboros and Grizzly, which was my M.O. for the cabin, too. He looked ridiculous and I'm glad that I wasn't joining in, for once. I realized that my buddy's cabin was not just somewhere I'd used tobacco heavily my whole life, rather tobacco use was the real reason behind going to the cabin in the first place. On one of the intro threads I was reading (Got2, I think) someone said that they found that they lost interest in a number of hobbies after they quit when they realized that said hobby was just an excuse to f the nic bitch. I don't know what hobbies I will drop (rifle season for deer probably) but I know that I will just choose to be with my family more often.

Here are some of the things I'm going to do differently:
-stay closer to KTC as I get into the teens, twenties, and way beyond. I was feelin' good after a couple of weeks and let my guard down.
-print out the contract to quit and keep it in my wallet.
-find some hate for US Tobacco. I got hooked as a young kid and this shit will kill me.
-keep the shame of caving very fresh in my memory.
-get my wife further involved in my quit.

Have I accepted NAFAR? Still no, and YES I understand that I have to get my head right. But, like b-lo said, don't worry about NAFAR just now. Just QLF ODAAT.

I will not use tobacco today.
This will come in time the important part is that you are changing your mindset its slow for some fast for others....

like I told another brother here once that said his fone was dead and couldnt reach his contacts build a few contacts into Ms. Minnys fone. That is back up to the back up I know and may appear redundant but going through withdrawals over and over seem that way to me too. Just have Ms Minny fire that text out that you are about to use give her the power to help and I bet your quit gets strong in a hurry. Another back up plan to accountability...KTC cant watch you 24/7 but Ms. Minny can.

Good job staying quit
I think we have ourselves a quitter here.

One day at a time Minny. You can do this.

As far as deer hunting goes, CONTACT ME, we need to talk. Start with a PM.

Ryan
Good stuff Minny. You got this. Some good dialogue below from B-loMatt and Jake. Keep it simple. Focus on today's quit don't get ahead of yourself. QLF ODAAT. I am quit with you bro! Glad to have you back.
Minny you sound like you have a quit going now! Just keep the tools sharp man. I would have caved at the least and most likely been back to being a slave if I had not used the tools. PM me if you need my #.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2013, 08:15:00 PM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
There's lots of good stuff here and also in the PMs you've been sending. Many thanks.

I emerged from the Lion's Den unscathed and 100% nic free. My friend's brother was there altering between Marlboros and Grizzly, which was my M.O. for the cabin, too. He looked ridiculous and I'm glad that I wasn't joining in, for once. I realized that my buddy's cabin was not just somewhere I'd used tobacco heavily my whole life, rather tobacco use was the real reason behind going to the cabin in the first place. On one of the intro threads I was reading (Got2, I think) someone said that they found that they lost interest in a number of hobbies after they quit when they realized that said hobby was just an excuse to f the nic bitch. I don't know what hobbies I will drop (rifle season for deer probably) but I know that I will just choose to be with my family more often.

-stay closer to KTC as I get into the teens, twenties, and way beyond. I was feelin' good after a couple of weeks and let my guard down.
-find some hate for US Tobacco. I got hooked as a young kid and this shit will kill me.

Have I accepted NAFAR? Still no, and YES I understand that I have to get my head right. But, like b-lo said, don't worry about NAFAR just now. Just QLF ODAAT.

This will come in time the important part is that you are changing your mindset its slow for some fast for others....

like I told another brother here once that said his fone was dead and couldnt reach his contacts build a few contacts into Ms. Minnys fone. That is back up to the back up I know and may appear redundant but going through withdrawals over and over seem that way to me too. Just have Ms Minny fire that text out that you are about to use give her the power to help and I bet your quit gets strong in a hurry. Another back up plan to accountability...KTC cant watch you 24/7 but Ms. Minny can.

Good job staying quit

Ryan
Good stuff Minny. You got this. Some good dialogue below from B-loMatt and Jake. Keep it simple. Focus on today's quit don't get ahead of yourself. QLF ODAAT. I am quit with you bro! Glad to have you back.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »

Good job staying quit

Ryan

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »

Good job staying quit
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2013, 08:14:00 AM »

Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
Are you quit today? That is the only thing that really matters! Tomorrow that is the same question that will matter! Work your quit today!

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2013, 01:13:00 PM »
I like derk and slim and they have some valid points (most notably you need to answer the question about what you will do differently this time), but just worry about today. We quit every damn day. NAFAR is an epiphany about oneself as an addict and cannot nor need not be forced on anyone for them to be quit. Just quit for today, and tommorw post roll and do it again. Simple. If you come to the realization that your quit will always be fragile no matter how strong it becomes, then you will accept never again for any reason, but if you focus on the emormity of NAFAR befor you are ready it will overwhelm you. Just quit one day at a time. ODAAT and EDD are useful acronims too.
Oh, NAFAR can also be an epiphany that nicotine and U.S.Tobacco are evil and that you hate them so much you would rather punch yourself in the genetals over and over again befor you spend one more cent on super addictive poison that will make you a slave and kill you while lineing the coffers of a legalized drug cartel! Embrace the hate for the wrongs this garbage has done to us and QLF EDD!

Offline danbighands

• Quitter
    • www.youtube.com
  • Interests: oncorhynchus, bukowski, and the king of country western troubadours.
« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2013, 12:21:00 PM »
There never ceases to be drama on this thread. You guys go after cavers like wolves on a carcass. I like it.

Minny, that carcass is going to dry up as long as you quit giving these guys reasons to jump your balls.

Keep rocking it one day at a time with me. We'll bury this pussy caver carcass and these wolves will go hungry.
fishcamp womern, baby I like the way you smell.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2013, 08:46:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim

I told him I hadn't had a chew since June 22nd and he looked at me like I was insane. He chews a can a day, ninja style.
Why are you still telling people that you quit on the 22nd of June? You haven't earned that right. You are on day 9. Be proud of that. Who are you trying to impress? Your buddy? You?

Your cavalier attitude about the length of your quit does not recognize your previous cave and lies, which, if you dug deep and looked at the ugliness that caused them, would allow you to grow and this quit to be successful.
Yo Minny.... I agree with Cali Slim. Not 100% sure what is going on here. In your PM to me the other night you waffled about your ability to uphold NAFAR... you said you needed to figure some things out and that is why you caved. Then you drop a post saying u were pissed off. That sounds good, then a vet asked you what are you going to do differently this time. I can't see where you responded. The only thing I see is this post where you say you had not dipped since June 22nd. Which is garbage because you caved.

So I ask - what is your deal? You lied, fessed up finally, could not figure out if this quit was something you could do, and now are making claims you have not dipped since June 22nd. What are you going to do differently? Based on your recent post - it seems like not much. You need to explain yourself.
I haven't had a chew since June 22nd. My cave was puffs off cigarettes. Yes, that's a cave.

There's a lot missing from typed messages, including context and tone... Don't make giant leaps of assumption.

What does the 'P' stand for in PM, Derk?
Personal Message.

Ok, you did not dip since 22 June but you used nicotine. Is there really a difference with smoking and dipping? On this site - no. But I get what your saying.

So what are you going to do different this time bro? Are you ready to step up to the plate and do this thing NAFAR? Where is your head?
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2013, 08:36:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim

I told him I hadn't had a chew since June 22nd and he looked at me like I was insane. He chews a can a day, ninja style.
Why are you still telling people that you quit on the 22nd of June? You haven't earned that right. You are on day 9. Be proud of that. Who are you trying to impress? Your buddy? You?

Your cavalier attitude about the length of your quit does not recognize your previous cave and lies, which, if you dug deep and looked at the ugliness that caused them, would allow you to grow and this quit to be successful.
Yo Minny.... I agree with Cali Slim. Not 100% sure what is going on here. In your PM to me the other night you waffled about your ability to uphold NAFAR... you said you needed to figure some things out and that is why you caved. Then you drop a post saying u were pissed off. That sounds good, then a vet asked you what are you going to do differently this time. I can't see where you responded. The only thing I see is this post where you say you had not dipped since June 22nd. Which is garbage because you caved.

So I ask - what is your deal? You lied, fessed up finally, could not figure out if this quit was something you could do, and now are making claims you have not dipped since June 22nd. What are you going to do differently? Based on your recent post - it seems like not much. You need to explain yourself.
I haven't had a chew since June 22nd. My cave was puffs off cigarettes. Yes, that's a cave.

There's a lot missing from typed messages, including context and tone... Don't make giant leaps of assumption.

What does the 'P' stand for in PM, Derk?
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech