Author Topic: Quitter  (Read 9284 times)

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitter
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2013, 11:22:00 PM »
Quote from: KC_Guy
Quote from: jake
OK I was being nice earlier because everyone says I'm like a mini Diesel!  But now I gotta lay into you!  What the fuck you piece of shit!  Are you fucking retarded or are you just a bitch?  We have few rules here!  You wanted to make a second screen name but did not because you are an honest person?  Bullshit!  You are a scumbag liar!  You posted with September that you are 24. days quit!  You are not honest!  You posted roll after using!  FUCK!  I have no support for you today!  You are shitting all over this site and what we stand for!  Fuck you and your word!  Being nice is overrated!
And you posted roll each day you were using you piece of shit! No honor!
Wow. That's jacked up. Our word is all we have.
Cavers are bad enough but at least have the integrity to admit to being a bitch and walk away! I have zero patience for assholes who disrespect the house by posting role while using!

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2013, 11:18:00 PM »
OK I was being nice earlier because everyone says I'm like a mini Diesel!  But now I gotta lay into you!  What the fuck you piece of shit!  Are you fucking retarded or are you just a bitch?  We have few rules here!  You wanted to make a second screen name but did not because you are an honest person?  Bullshit!  You are a scumbag liar!  You posted with September that you are 24. days quit!  You are not honest!  You posted roll after using!  FUCK!  I have no support for you today!  You are shitting all over this site and what we stand for!  Fuck you and your word!  Being nice is overrated!
Wow. That's jacked up. Our word is all we have.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2013, 11:15:00 PM »
OK I was being nice earlier because everyone says I'm like a mini Diesel! But now I gotta lay into you! What the fuck you piece of shit! Are you fucking retarded or are you just a bitch? We have few rules here! You wanted to make a second screen name but did not because you are an honest person? Bullshit! You are a scumbag liar! You posted with September that you are 24. days quit! You are not honest! You posted roll after using! FUCK! I have no support for you today! You are shitting all over this site and what we stand for! Fuck you and your word! Being nice is overrated!

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2013, 11:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Go play with dolls.

I knew your ass was weak when you were pipping up for ET and having wet dreams about cigars .

GTFO...that's up to you, nobody here can make you leave. You've already proven to be a bitch and starting over under a new name is the weakest shit I ever heard.

Wouldn't be surprised if you dick tucked and hit the road to meet up with your true love and started butt fucking nicotine full time again.

Damn shame.
Damn. Cavers beware. You dont want diesel ripping you a new one.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2013, 11:06:00 PM »
OK I was being nice earlier because everyone says I'm like a mini Diesel! But now I gotta lay into you! What the fuck you piece of shit! Are you fucking retarded or are you just a bitch? We have few rules here! You wanted to make a second screen name but did not because you are an honest person? Bullshit! You are a scumbag liar! You posted with September that you are 24. days quit! You are not honest! You posted roll after using! FUCK! I have no support for you today! You are shitting all over this site and what we stand for! Fuck you and your word! Being nice is overrated!

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2013, 10:56:00 PM »
Go play with dolls.

I knew your ass was weak when you were pipping up for ET and having wet dreams about cigars .

GTFO...that's up to you, nobody here can make you leave. You've already proven to be a bitch and starting over under a new name is the weakest shit I ever heard.

Wouldn't be surprised if you dick tucked and hit the road to meet up with your true love and started butt fucking nicotine full time again.

Damn shame.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: Mjollnir
Quote from: Minny
It was very tempting to cut myself some slack and keep rollin'...

Dougie, B-lo Matt, CBird, jrizzle, derk40, duathman, mkez, srans, jungleland, and billybil, and everyone else that is quittin' like a badass:  I'm sorry.

This sucks to write because I know that this is a no nicoitine, no nonsense site. I had some nicotine on July 10th, and again on July 12th.  I am now fully deserving of the GTFO requests and i will oblige.

I'm not going to just disappear without explanation.

July 10th:What happened? I was at a overnight work event in Chicago and it's always a huge party. The beer was flowing and my former "smoking buddy" kept trying to get me to have a heater. He put a cigarette in front and a lighter in front of my face. I lit it up and took a couple of drags. He was flappin his gums but all I was thinking about was my quit. The cigarette snuffed itself out when it was still nearly whole, sitting between my fingers at my side.

Why did it happen?  I don't know. All I wanted that night was a f'ing smoke. Not a chew, but a smoke. It was being pushed on me again and again and again and I finally took a couple of drags.

What are you going to do different this time? I don't know. I'm really surprised that I had a couple of drags. i've been posting roll and contributing and owning this quit. I'm horribly disappointed in my weakness.

July 12th: What Happened? I've been burning the candle at both ends and last Friday night was a great example. Long story short a couple of my college buddies came over for a cookout and some beers. They're both smokers. Having already caved on the 10th I was quick to cave again and bummed a few drags.

Why did it happen? i had a caver's mentality: "I caved on Wednesday night, fuck it."

What are you going to do differnt this time? See above.

What happens now? I don't know, but we'll find out. I considered rejoining under a different user name (Minny wasn't exactly a cool name anyway) and starting from scratch, but that's not my style. I'm a candid an honest person and just want to be quit.

Well, you messed up, and you get to own it. It is against site rules to open a new account so you must stay with this one.

I am merging your intros because you only get one.

Well doesn't that just suck ass. Another caver. WTF is it with you guys.

I am very disappointed, but not very surprised. You developed a shitty attitude right about the time you started reading Enraged Thor's weak ass shit. In fact it seems to me that you planned this cave all along. I recall you day dreaming about having some cigars with your father in law or some shit over about a week or 2 ago.

Well here is the deal Minny. Maybe you just aren't ready to quit. That's fine, it doesnt make you a bad guy, it just makes you a pussy. It takes a real bad ass to get free of this shit, not everyone has it in them. Maybe you should wait until you are spitting teeth out like Thor, or wait better yet, wait until you have your tongue-ectomy or chemotherapy scheduled. Maybe that will be a better time to quit. Maybe you will be ready then?

I suggest you man up and go post a day one rather than finger banging the can for another 6 months, or 6 years, or whatever it might turn into. But wait, if your not ready than dont bother, just take your own advice and GTFO. There are quitters on here that want and need the help. Dont waste our time, get your damn head on straight.

Ryan - thank you.

First I'm going to say that you do NOT need to leave! Second.... how was that occasional smoke working for you? Your back here so clearly it made you feel like shit. As a previous caver I will never tell you that you should not be here. BUT you have to put in the work. Clearly your way does NOT work. Get with the program, let your balls drop and own this quit. Your life is more valuable then a smoke. Man up and drink the koolaid! :ph43r:

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2013, 10:34:00 PM »

Dougie, B-lo Matt, CBird, jrizzle, derk40, duathman, mkez, srans, jungleland, and billybil, and everyone else that is quittin' like a badass:  I'm sorry.

This sucks to write because I know that this is a no nicoitine, no nonsense site. I had some nicotine on July 10th, and again on July 12th.  I am now fully deserving of the GTFO requests and i will oblige.

July 10th:What happened? I was at a overnight work event in Chicago and it's always a huge party. The beer was flowing and my former "smoking buddy" kept trying to get me to have a heater. He put a cigarette in front and a lighter in front of my face. I lit it up and took a couple of drags. He was flappin his gums but all I was thinking about was my quit. The cigarette snuffed itself out when it was still nearly whole, sitting between my fingers at my side.

Why did it happen?  I don't know. All I wanted that night was a f'ing smoke. Not a chew, but a smoke. It was being pushed on me again and again and again and I finally took a couple of drags.

What are you going to do different this time? I don't know. I'm really surprised that I had a couple of drags. i've been posting roll and contributing and owning this quit. I'm horribly disappointed in my weakness.

July 12th: What Happened? I've been burning the candle at both ends and last Friday night was a great example. Long story short a couple of my college buddies came over for a cookout and some beers. They're both smokers. Having already caved on the 10th I was quick to cave again and bummed a few drags.

Why did it happen? i had a caver's mentality: "I caved on Wednesday night, fuck it."

What happens now? I don't know, but we'll find out. I considered rejoining under a different user name (Minny wasn't exactly a cool name anyway) and starting from scratch, but that's not my style. I'm a candid an honest person and just want to be quit.

Well, you messed up, and you get to own it. It is against site rules to open a new account so you must stay with this one.

I am very disappointed, but not very surprised. You developed a shitty attitude right about the time you started reading Enraged Thor's weak ass shit. In fact it seems to me that you planned this cave all along. I recall you day dreaming about having some cigars with your father in law or some shit over about a week or 2 ago.

Well here is the deal Minny. Maybe you just aren't ready to quit. That's fine, it doesnt make you a bad guy, it just makes you a pussy. It takes a real bad ass to get free of this shit, not everyone has it in them. Maybe you should wait until you are spitting teeth out like Thor, or wait better yet, wait until you have your tongue-ectomy or chemotherapy scheduled. Maybe that will be a better time to quit. Maybe you will be ready then?

I suggest you man up and go post a day one rather than finger banging the can for another 6 months, or 6 years, or whatever it might turn into. But wait, if your not ready than dont bother, just take your own advice and GTFO. There are quitters on here that want and need the help. Dont waste our time, get your damn head on straight.

Ryan - thank you.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2013, 10:16:00 PM »

Offline Mjollnir

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »

Dougie, B-lo Matt, CBird, jrizzle, derk40, duathman, mkez, srans, jungleland, and billybil, and everyone else that is quittin' like a badass: I'm sorry.

This sucks to write because I know that this is a no nicoitine, no nonsense site. I had some nicotine on July 10th, and again on July 12th. I am now fully deserving of the GTFO requests and i will oblige.

Why did it happen? I don't know. All I wanted that night was a f'ing smoke. Not a chew, but a smoke. It was being pushed on me again and again and again and I finally took a couple of drags.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »

Dougie, B-lo Matt, CBird, jrizzle, derk40, duathman, mkez, srans, jungleland, and billybil, and everyone else that is quittin' like a badass: I'm sorry.

This sucks to write because I know that this is a no nicoitine, no nonsense site. I had some nicotine on July 10th, and again on July 12th. I am now fully deserving of the GTFO requests and i will oblige.

Why did it happen? I don't know. All I wanted that night was a f'ing smoke. Not a chew, but a smoke. It was being pushed on me again and again and again and I finally took a couple of drags.

Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
Minny, I quit with you today. I glanced at all the bullshit on here over the last few days, and well, I encourage you to forget about it all and focus on today. Be quit today, forget all the philosophy, forget about your expectations about quitting, dont think about ducking hunting yet or what you will or wont smoke. Just quit for today. These threads can get a little nasty and heated, but the program is solid. Take what you need and leave the rest. If you need to talk with anyone dont hesitate to call me up, jump in chat, whatever. Just dont use today, wake up tomorrow and make the promise again.
Real truth here! Stuff was typed, quitters with best intentions responded in the best way they could think of to help keep you quit the KTC way, and then it went sideways. So forget about the drama and Quit on! I QLF with you today too.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2013, 10:32:00 PM »
Not sure where you get off questioning a mods or anyone else's quit. That's a Dick move. You caved and admitted it, twice. Goody two shoes for YOU. Doesnt mean others ate caving and not saying so. That's the logic of an addict who thinks just because they have particular struggles and failures, everyone else has too.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that for the past 402 I have not used nicotine in any form. It was VERY VERY VERY difficult at times, and for anyone to even roundabout question that FACT pissed me the fuck off.

Take what you need and leave the rest.

You think this place has some kind of hierarchy and there are fake tough guys tooling around here blaring def leopard in their jacked up El Caminos, that's your business. Tell yourself whatever you like.

I can tell you I'm a 39 yeard old married father of a 10 yr old son and 8 yr old daughter. I can read AND comprehend, and I really don't like drama. I just call bullshit when I see it.

I don't "get off" on acting tough on here because I'm not tough. Im a pussy. I left this site for awhile I was so scared of it. Not once did I cave though.

I only get worked up when people lie, trash the principles of this site, or question my or others quits. Outside of those things I'm a teddy bear.

You questioned the quits of others. Either be specific with who you question and why or just kindly shut the fuck up and try to keep nicotine out of your big fucking mouth. You caved twice already but say you are clean now. I believe you. End of story. If you come on here and lie about being quit then you're pretty fucked up in the head and probably have bigger problems.

And quit being such a cyber pussy. My God.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
I had my first smoke when I was 13, my first chew the next day, and I never looked back.

I quit for the hundredth time on May 10th, but have cheated on my quit a few times. I tell myself that it's okay because it's "only a Bandit" and that I've earned it. The ridiculous thing is that I know what a lie that is. I've been chewing for twenty years. I can't believe that's true.

I've literally thrown away dozens of full tins, brand spanking new minus one chew. My brain tricks me into rationalizing "just one chew" or "just one more tin" and the guilt/regret sets in as soon as the urge is satisfied.

The ridiculous thing is that me and my family avoid so many things (foods, detergents, artificial sweetener, fertilizer, etc.) that are known carcinogens, but here I am chewing my face off.

I hypocritically nag on my mother to quit smoking.

My biggest thing, as ridiculous as it sounds, is that I don't want to give up chew on my annual duck hunt with my pals. 5am, duck blind, coffee, load the gun, put in a fat chew: that's heaven. The problem is, I've tried that before and failed. As soon as the trip is over, I finish off the remainder of the tin or trick myself that I am weaning off (again) and that one more tin won't hurt. Next thing you know, another year has past and I go INTO the annual duck hunt a total addict.

I even imposed a rule that I would only chew if I was hunting. Well, wouldn't you know it: I started hunting a lot more often.

Anyway, technically I'm on day 3 and I feel like shit. Last night I had a dream that I was buying a tin. I feel hungover.

I'm quitting because it's not worth it, because my wife hates it, because I'm sick of being moody, because I love my daughter, because I don't want to be a hypocrite, because I know better, because I don't want to lose a part of my face, because I like my teeth, and because I don't like the idea of being an addict. Which I am.

I'm not going to lie, though. I love chew. I still doubt my ability or willingness to not chew in the duck blind, one week a year.

Hey minny, after I hit send on my last comment this post popped up. Wow, I feel like I could have written this myself. I also pitched 100s on tins with only 1 dipped used from them.

You need this site man, you need this quit. Dont let petty squabble ruin your chances. Nic bitch will use anything she can to get a foothold.

Take what you need, leave the rest. You got this.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2013, 09:38:00 PM »
Minny, I quit with you today. I glanced at all the bullshit on here over the last few days, and well, I encourage you to forget about it all and focus on today. Be quit today, forget all the philosophy, forget about your expectations about quitting, dont think about ducking hunting yet or what you will or wont smoke. Just quit for today. These threads can get a little nasty and heated, but the program is solid. Take what you need and leave the rest. If you need to talk with anyone dont hesitate to call me up, jump in chat, whatever. Just dont use today, wake up tomorrow and make the promise again.