Author Topic: Quitter  (Read 9286 times)

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitter
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2013, 05:39:00 PM »
I accept the 'Finger' you gave me. And it's ok.... I'm a big enough man to stand by my statements I made to you. I don't agree with your outlook here and the things you say. It's simple. I'm not a keyboard gangster. I voice my opinion just like you are free to do. But we are both responsible for what we say and suffer the opinions of others here. I think you need to grow up. Does that get me another 'Finger' ? It's fine if it does!

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: Minny
I never said I was going to smoke cigars. I said that I was still trying to get my head around the fact that I am an addict and that I can't and that it's for ever and that I was struggling with accepting that. 

I was sympathizing with Enraged Thor.

I went on to say that I all I can focus in on, like b-lo summarized very well, is that I just have to worry about being quit today and then again tomorrow. Repeat.

F'n A.
Exactly thats what everyone has been trying to tell you. you gotta focus on your quit. Protect it at all costs!!! NAFAR isnt just an acronym...live it. What you did was a gesture of support not my call on if it was foolish or not I wanted you to think about it before you decided to fall on your sword. ET has taken from this site and from his post count hasnt given much back. Maybe my wording wasnt the best but w two caves your focus should be on you. There is nothing wrong (in my book I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong) with being the most selfish bastard on earth in the beginning protecting your quit. I stayed home and away from anything that would risk my quit. I cut back on brew and when I did have brew the vets would remind me to keep it in moderation and have a safety plan. Thats how this site works we watch out for eachother we do what we can to help people stay quit. I didnt know all this about quit when I got here I have learned it and what I havent learned I have been taught.
calling a moderator's or other quitter's integrity and character into to question is not a smart play

I take offense to both of you if that is your stance
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2013, 05:02:00 PM »
I never said I was going to smoke cigars. I said that I was still trying to get my head around the fact that I am an addict and that I can't and that it's for ever and that I was struggling with accepting that.

I went on to say that I all I can focus in on, like b-lo summarized very well, is that I just have to worry about being quit today and then again tomorrow. Repeat.

F'n A.
Exactly thats what everyone has been trying to tell you. you gotta focus on your quit. Protect it at all costs!!! NAFAR isnt just an acronym...live it. What you did was a gesture of support not my call on if it was foolish or not I wanted you to think about it before you decided to fall on your sword. ET has taken from this site and from his post count hasnt given much back. Maybe my wording wasnt the best but w two caves your focus should be on you. There is nothing wrong (in my book I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong) with being the most selfish bastard on earth in the beginning protecting your quit. I stayed home and away from anything that would risk my quit. I cut back on brew and when I did have brew the vets would remind me to keep it in moderation and have a safety plan. Thats how this site works we watch out for eachother we do what we can to help people stay quit. I didnt know all this about quit when I got here I have learned it and what I havent learned I have been taught.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Dougie

• Quitter
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2013, 04:55:00 PM »
Minny-

You are quitting like a bad ass- keep it up.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »
Quote from: Adigg
I never said I was going to smoke cigars. I said that I was still trying to get my head around the fact that I am an addict and that I can't and that it's forever and that I was struggling with accepting that. 

I went on to say that I all I can focus on, like b-lo summarized very well, is that I just have to worry about being quit today and then again tomorrow. Repeat.

F'n A.
Minny, I felt the same way you did about cigars...same exact way. My brother in law gets Cubans...often and is generous. If you stay active here and keep posting your quit, the day that comes where your FIL offers you one (and it will come), you will say no. No doubt in my mind. Stay committed to this site and quitting one day at a time. Take what you need and leave the rest.
That's good to hear. Thank you.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »
How many of the mods have done so but get too much from this site to fess up and lose their spot in the hierarchy? Zero? Yeah, okay.
He who questions my accountability to my brothers, my commitment to this place, and especially my integrity can kindly go fuck themselves!!!

No fuking emoticons needed.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Adigg

• Quitter
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2013, 04:47:00 PM »
I never said I was going to smoke cigars. I said that I was still trying to get my head around the fact that I am an addict and that I can't and that it's forever and that I was struggling with accepting that.

I went on to say that I all I can focus on, like b-lo summarized very well, is that I just have to worry about being quit today and then again tomorrow. Repeat.

F'n A.
Minny, I felt the same way you did about cigars...same exact way. My brother in law gets Cubans...often and is generous. If you stay active here and keep posting your quit, the day that comes where your FIL offers you one (and it will come), you will say no. No doubt in my mind. Stay committed to this site and quitting one day at a time. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »

F'n A.
Dont worry about forever, dont even worry about tomorrow. Quit today.. Post your word, keep your promise. Simple...

The rest will take care of itself.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »

F'n A.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »
Quote from: jhaenel23
Quote from: Erussell
Quote from: jake
Quote from: Diesel2112
Hey Minny.  If you think you can reinvent ktc and type NAFAR and then in the very next sentence say you will still have an occasional cigar with your father in law, then your sadly mistaken.  You did write such a thing in ET's thread.

This is a NO nicotine site.  As in zero.

Got it?

If not, gtfo.

No disrespect.
X4 you really need to check yourself 2 caves from May to June you are an albatross for new quitters

:scowick:

There are no such things as "Special Butterflies" Scowick

Drink the Kool Aid or GTFO!!

J
Sigh. What's the issue with some of you, reading comprehension or not taking the time to read?

Many of you are just like the guy at the party that is clearly just waiting for you to finish your sentence so he can flap his lips. He never listens and always misses the point.

I took me a couple of days, but now I realize that this site has a social hierarchy similar to that of a junior high school. There are the old legends, the bullies, the suckups, the quiet kids, the ones that try too hard to fit in, and a whole bunch of normal kids.

Some of you guys get MUCH more than quit support from this site: power trip, drama filler, the opportunity to tell someone to f off from the comfort of your keyboard.

I once worked in a small company and the HR lady was a real hothead. She just LOVED to use whatever power she had because she was mostly powerless in the rest of her life. There was another guy there that drove a great big jacked up pickup with 33" tires, over compensating for something, I'm sure. Does any of this sound familiar?

Reinventing? Lying? Please. Someone that owns up to a cave is clearly honest with themselves and with KTC.

How many of you quitters have caved and not owned up to it? How many of the mods have done so but get too much from this site to fess up and lose their spot in the hierarchy? Zero? Yeah, okay.

Now, quick: recite the KTC mantra and tell me to GTFO in the most colorful and creative ways possible. The winners get emoticons and words of approval.

Jake Frawley, you're first. Be sure to use exclamation marks and JFCs.
'Finger'
Ok here goes fuckyou 'Finger' they are 35's get it right (it was a project with my son I owe you no explanation) I am not the one running around with the name Mini you wanna think a smoke is ok with the FIL now or in 5 years go ahead you dont wanna watch your quit then I wont bother helping watch it for you. Did I forget anything I said fuckyou used emoticons. As far as you calling mods out you did that you made your bed now live it.
'Popcorn'

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »
borrowing this from jaynellie
Can we get back to the basic principals of why this works if "YOU/WE" want to stay quit ODAAT!!!!

Post Fucking Roll Everyday!!!

This Isn't Fucking Rocket-Science People!!!

No Drama Required to post just Accountability!!!

Keep It Simple Stupid

Just My .02
you got a problem with this you pm me your number and we'll have a discussion
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2013, 04:31:00 PM »
Hey Minny.  If you think you can reinvent ktc and type NAFAR and then in the very next sentence say you will still have an occasional cigar with your father in law, then your sadly mistaken.  You did write such a thing in ET's thread.

Got it?

If not, gtfo.

No disrespect.
X4 you really need to check yourself 2 caves from May to June you are an albatross for new quitters

J
Sigh. What's the issue with some of you, reading comprehension or not taking the time to read?

Many of you are just like the guy at the party that is clearly just waiting for you to finish your sentence so he can flap his lips. He never listens and always misses the point.

I took me a couple of days, but now I realize that this site has a social hierarchy similar to that of a junior high school. There are the old legends, the bullies, the suckups, the quiet kids, the ones that try too hard to fit in, and a whole bunch of normal kids.

Some of you guys get MUCH more than quit support from this site: power trip, drama filler, the opportunity to tell someone to f off from the comfort of your keyboard.

I once worked in a small company and the HR lady was a real hothead. She just LOVED to use whatever power she had because she was mostly powerless in the rest of her life. There was another guy there that drove a great big jacked up pickup with 33" tires, over compensating for something, I'm sure. Does any of this sound familiar?

Reinventing? Lying? Please. Someone that owns up to a cave is clearly honest with themselves and with KTC.

How many of you quitters have caved and not owned up to it? How many of the mods have done so but get too much from this site to fess up and lose their spot in the hierarchy? Zero? Yeah, okay.

Now, quick: recite the KTC mantra and tell me to GTFO in the most colorful and creative ways possible. The winners get emoticons and words of approval.

'Finger'
Ok here goes fuckyou 'Finger' they are 35's get it right (it was a project with my son I owe you no explanation) I am not the one running around with the name Mini you wanna think a smoke is ok with the FIL now or in 5 years go ahead you dont wanna watch your quit then I wont bother helping watch it for you. Did I forget anything I said fuckyou used emoticons. As far as you calling mods out you did that you made your bed now live it.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »

Got it?

If not, gtfo.

No disrespect.

J

'Finger'
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2013, 06:12:00 AM »
It's tough to respond to half a dozen different posts aimed in my direction, but I'll do my best:

-ET's honesty about his thoughts and actions, even if they are wrong, are a healthy contribution to this group.
-I understand that cigars are a cave, which is exactly my point: I have work to do mentally i.e. I haven't accepted that, as an addict, I cannot have a cigar with my father in law in five years. I acknowledge that my thinking is fucked and that I need to get my head right.
-I never condoned caving.
-ET's head isn't right yet. That doesn't mean he should go away. How about we help him (and me) understand what being an addict means and how what he did was so fucked up? (and no, I still haven't read the entire thread).
-Let's not forget that ET is quitting for himself, not you.
-Why would you want someone that's trying to find his quit to try and find it somewhere else?

A friend of mine had a severe drinking problem. For whatever reason, he refused to talk about it with almost everyone except for me with which he would speak openly. He would talk about how he would try only drinking on weekends, and then his plan was to avoid shots, hard alcohol, and then it was "I'll only drink wine" and then it was "I'll only drink when..." You get the point. Did I tell him to go fuck himself and find another friend to talk to when he didn't get it? No, he kept rationalizing and we kept coming back to the same answer: he was an alcoholic and he must adhere to NAFAR. He's 3 years sober +1 tomorrow.

So here I am, a total nic addict trying to hold on to AT LEAST my occasional cigars. Do I know that I ultimately have to come to grips with my addiction and what NAFAR means? Yes. Am I totally there yet? No. But I quit today, and I'll quit again tomorrow. And I'll keep hashing it out with you fucks instead of listening to your advice to take a hike, because I know I that me putting my thoughts on paper and listening to your advice/thoughts/experience is helping.

Anyway, I quit with all of you tomorrow. ET included.

By the way, I think it's Fu Fu the Snu's HOF day tomorrow.
Touching story about you and your friend. But this isn't one on one buddy to buddy stuff.

This is a community , with rules, and where your WORD is all you have. We truly dont ""know" eachother from an asshole in the wall.

Your words were pretty strong on ET's thread. Almost like, "yeah, if we want to have one for old times sake, its cool".

KTC way or the highway....bullshit?????

You type that you are gonna get clobbered and rightfully so.

This community has rules and procedures that are proven to help you quit.

There's no wiggle room.

You want to "wiggle", lie, or try and reinvent things...move along.

NOBODY wants to see you leave. EVERYBODY wants to see you quit, but when you start talking crazy, people WILL jump your shit.

It's just the way it goes around here.

I suggest you get your fucking head on straight and accept the fact that you won't be smokiing any stogies with your FIL anymore. Tell him why. I'm sure he will understand.

I'm sure a cigar isn't the lynch pin in your relationship.

You're an addict. You don't get to hold on to ANYTHING. You can't handle it.

If you could you wouldn't have come here.
Not much else to say to that. Deisel pretty well covered. I tried to type a response to your post on thors thread but I couldnt make it sound right. This is just what I was trying to say.

Keep quitting Minny, this cigar talk is the addict in you hanging on for dear life. Nicotine will not let you of you easily. Be stronger than that. Don't be decieved by the "cigar every once in a while" mentality. It has led many quitters back to the pack or can a day usage. I know this firsthand.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2013, 12:00:00 AM »
You have to be quit of nic to be here, and even though I have only been here for a little bit I have seen the holy shit storm that comes if anyone even thinks they read anything about having just 1 or taking a drag off a cig, and if it is mixed with talk about how there are more ways to quit than the KTC way forget about it. That is like blood in the water for the sharks swimming here. I am proud to quit with ET every day, and I am proud to quit with you. I know firsthand how fragile my quit can be, and am only trying to warn you from my mistake. Hell ET has done better than I have because he got right back on the quit bus. Last time I took a break it took me 2 years to get free, and only because I found this site. Your last reply explains better your line of thinking, but here is the easy solution: do not worry about not having that stoggie with your f.i.l. 5 years from now. Just promise not to have it today, and repeat in the morning.
P.s. do not take this the wrong way, but maybe your friend needs some tough love to get him to quit. Someone to talk to is nice, but we are all about quitting here. Put your friend in a chat room with a bunch of quit alcoholics, and he will get the same no excuses no bs that we are offering here.