Author Topic: No looking back  (Read 16418 times)

Offline Instigator

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: No looking back
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Luby
Been reminiscing on my quit lately as I approach the two year mark. It all starts with my final attempt to quit before I found KTC, and that started 2 years ago today. I had just finished a brutal 20 days stretch of work and had made the decision I was done with the damn skoal mint, when that stretch was over, I had almost 3 week off work, I would be all good and quit when I headed back to work and all those temptations. My wife was at friends about an hour from where I worked and we were gonna spend memorial day together just hanging out. I chewed my face off all day and at the gas station closest to those friend house I chucked an almost empty can, all my spitters and I was done, it felt good.

To be continued.
All hail luby!! Nice work buddy.
The Rozzers--Catching crims and locking them up...in your community

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2013, 12:02:00 PM »
Been reminiscing on my quit lately as I approach the two year mark. It all starts with my final attempt to quit before I found KTC, and that started 2 years ago today. I had just finished a brutal 20 days stretch of work and had made the decision I was done with the damn skoal mint, when that stretch was over, I had almost 3 week off work, I would be all good and quit when I headed back to work and all those temptations. My wife was at friends about an hour from where I worked and we were gonna spend memorial day together just hanging out. I chewed my face off all day and at the gas station closest to those friend house I chucked an almost empty can, all my spitters and I was done, it felt good.

To be continued.

You, my fellow Oregon brother, are a quit monster! Proud to know you... Proud to quit with you!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2013, 11:53:00 AM »

To be continued.

Offline steve1357

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Browns, Indians, Buckeyes.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2012, 11:17:00 AM »
Quote from: DennyX
Hey - today Luby hit 500 days nicotine free. He, like you and me, were once hopelessly lost to our addiction. Nic had been whispering in our ears for years, decades in most cases, that we had no choice. I had given up, I knew one day I'd die from my addiction and my biggest fear was how I was going to explain to my wife that I got mouth cancer when I had quit before we got married (like many of you, I didn't quit, I just hid it better). What we have learned over this past year plus is that nicotine was lying to us. We actually had a CHOICE. Luby has chosen to quit daily for 500 days, in the midst of personal struggles, a brutal work life, and constantly being around other dippers. How? He chose to. Thanks for showing me and so many others here what it means to CHOSE to be nicotine free. Today I chose to quit right alongside you. Congrat's man, you deserve it. If you're feeling adventurous this morning, how 'bout we blow up the Basterds roll call and post alongside Luby and the rest of them.

Here's to 501!

'Cheers'
Nice work Luby!! 'Cheers'

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2012, 09:48:00 AM »
Hey - today Luby hit 500 days nicotine free. He, like you and me, were once hopelessly lost to our addiction. Nic had been whispering in our ears for years, decades in most cases, that we had no choice. I had given up, I knew one day I'd die from my addiction and my biggest fear was how I was going to explain to my wife that I got mouth cancer when I had quit before we got married (like many of you, I didn't quit, I just hid it better). What we have learned over this past year plus is that nicotine was lying to us. We actually had a CHOICE. Luby has chosen to quit daily for 500 days, in the midst of personal struggles, a brutal work life, and constantly being around other dippers. How? He chose to. Thanks for showing me and so many others here what it means to CHOSE to be nicotine free. Today I chose to quit right alongside you. Congrat's man, you deserve it. If you're feeling adventurous this morning, how 'bout we blow up the Basterds roll call and post alongside Luby and the rest of them.

Here's to 501!

'Cheers'

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: pavetheway
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Nolaq
Have not written in here in a long time, I really have nothing profound to say except that I posted roll today for the 495th consecutive day, and I don't foresee tomorrow being any different. I was starting to get annoyed that I am not cured, that I have to post roll everyday, I was starting to think it sucks to be reminded every morning that I am an addict. All those negative thoughts were fleeting at best because sure it'd be easier to just be "cured" but nothing in life worth having is easy, I am just as much of an addict as I was 496 days ago, but today I have chosen to be free, I've committed to all of you that I will stick with that choice today, all damn day.
Glad you're still around luby. You being here helps countless of guys remain quit. Myself included.

I look at it a little differently. I can understand the feeling of 'I HAVE to post roll!', but I don't look at Posting Roll as a burden anymore.

It's a privilege.

Proud to be quit with you today, brother.
Role models in posting roll!

:ph43r:
I choose to look at it as saying hello to my friends each morning.
Hello friends.
I agree with you all, it is a privilege to post roll and it is a privilege to have so many great friends and to be a part of such a great community. Which is kinda what I was saying in my own rambling way. Whenever I see the negatives of how I am dealing with my addiction all the positives come rushing back and destroy any little negative, whiny thoughts.
I love this place, full homo.
Missed this earlier and just wanted to hetero this thread up some. shocker

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Coach
Have not written in here in a long time, I really have nothing profound to say except that I posted roll today for the 495th consecutive day, and I don't foresee tomorrow being any different. I was starting to get annoyed that I am not cured, that I have to post roll everyday, I was starting to think it sucks to be reminded every morning that I am an addict. All those negative thoughts were fleeting at best because sure it'd be easier to just be "cured" but nothing in life worth having is easy, I am just as much of an addict as I was 496 days ago, but today I have chosen to be free, I've committed to all of you that I will stick with that choice today, all damn day.
Glad you're still around luby. You being here helps countless of guys remain quit. Myself included.

I look at it a little differently. I can understand the feeling of 'I HAVE to post roll!', but I don't look at Posting Roll as a burden anymore.

It's a privilege.

Hello friends.
I agree with you all, it is a privilege to post roll and it is a privilege to have so many great friends and to be a part of such a great community. Which is kinda what I was saying in my own rambling way. Whenever I see the negatives of how I am dealing with my addiction all the positives come rushing back and destroy any little negative, whiny thoughts.
I love this place, full homo.

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2012, 01:15:00 PM »

It's a privilege.

Hello friends.
Make Your Decision

Offline pavetheway

• Quitter
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »

It's a privilege.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 690
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »

It's a privilege.

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »

It's a privilege.

What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »
That is some very badass quitting! I love hearing these victories. They beat the hell out of hearing pussy cave stories! If you or anyone else needs night time contacts pm me anyone that know me well can tell you I have really messed up sleep patterns and I'm generally available!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline rangy96

• Quitter
  • Interests: not dipping
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
Quote from: DennyX
Congrat's on 400 brother. This journey has broken you and rebuilt you into a rock solid man with balls of steel. I'm proud to quit with you every day and have a quitter like you in my corner. Well done, Luby.
I second that. What he said.

Thanks for all the support you have given me Luby. I will never forget it.

Keep on keepin on with your Steel Balls of Quitdom hanging to the ground.

That's right. I said Steel Balls of Quitdom.

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »
Congrat's on 400 brother. This journey has broken you and rebuilt you into a rock solid man with balls of steel. I'm proud to quit with you every day and have a quitter like you in my corner. Well done, Luby.