Author Topic: Souli to AVain, Souli to AVain...come in AVain  (Read 10927 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Souli to AVain, Souli to AVain...come in AVain
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2011, 09:39:00 PM »

I quit today. Just a couple things on my mind.

One is how fucking pumped I am about going to PA to meet a whole bunch of quitters. FUCK. I'm excited about that one.

Two I've got a shitty commute right now but it just don't seem to matter when I see "KTC Scowick" pop up on the phone. Good talking with you bro.

Three I was telling a story to Sco about how Friday night it was raining cats and dogs up here. I was heading north to VT and decided to get off the highway and grab a burrito at a place called Chipotle. Food was good but I generally go to taco places where I'm the only white guy in there and have to point to a picture of what I want. This place was too bright, too clean and the music too Gaga. I got me a huge gut bomb and grabbed the hot sauce and sat down next to the window away from everyone else. It was pouring, like the drains over flowing pouring. I looked at my plump pocket of pleasure and had a single thought "Damn...be nice to have a dip for the ride after this thing".

I have protected my quit with the utmost attention that I could for the past 323 days. In roughly 60 hours from that moment I was going to run a marathon. I'm clean and sober for the first time in 15+ years. I've changed my diet and lost a solid bunch of weight during this past year. All this and I'm still an addict. It doesn't go away.

What did I do? I followed my plan of defense. I busted out my phone and went through all the threads I could. I commented on the fuckers bringing the quit and called out the candy asses still looking for the teat. I went to my quit group and I looked at each one of those guys that put their name down and the numbers they had next to them. All 300+. I read through this introduction twice. Some funny shit in here and some shit that makes me think I spent too much time on tour with Phish. One thing keeps coming through though...I'm an addict. Some times the addict is right in my face, sometimes he's standing outside in pouring rain watching me eat a burrito.

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman

I quit today.

"If you don't want to slip, don't go to slippery places." - HKS

Meant to write this down a while ago bro. Thought it was solid advice on all fronts.
Soul - I've had the fortune to have a couple "wise old men" in my life and that reminds me of one of their classic sayings. One in particular would say it all the time, "if you don't want a haircut, don't hang out at the barber shop". I'm sure there are thousands of variations on that but you sparked an old memory for me. A very wise saying indeed.

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: nicofiend

I quit today. I've been commuting up 128 to Waltham for a bit (anyone from the NE area must have an idea as to the hell that brings and the prime dipping condition that it creates). To fight the urge for the past month, when I see someone dipping or smoking, I roll down my window and yell "slave" as loud as I can, roll up my window and face forward. Yup. I'm that guy.
Keep up the rock solid dedicated quit!! Proud to be quit with you! nico
Beuatiful, bro. Keep on being "That Guy"!
That is kick ass! Today I was on the Texas AM campus for the football game and stuck in traffic at one point I was just people watching - all the hot little coeds walking around shaking their thang. Anyway, there was this dude tailgating who looked to be probably in his early 40's or so - standing there talking to some gal and reached into his pocked and pinched out one of the biggest fatty dips I've ever seen. Freaking huge. Then of course he stuck it in his jaw. Anyway, I was thinking in my head of doing the exact same thing you've been doing, ha. Of course, my 10-year old son was in the back seat so I didn't but I was so tempted to yell at him and call him a douche bag. He looked like such a fucking tool. Seriously didn't even remotely give me a crave or desire for one - I just felt pity for his ass. Hm, come to think of it, it's 8:46 CST and I haven't had a crave all freaking day...good shit.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
Quote from: nicofiend

I quit today. I've been commuting up 128 to Waltham for a bit (anyone from the NE area must have an idea as to the hell that brings and the prime dipping condition that it creates). To fight the urge for the past month, when I see someone dipping or smoking, I roll down my window and yell "slave" as loud as I can, roll up my window and face forward. Yup. I'm that guy.
Beuatiful, bro. Keep on being "That Guy"!

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »

I quit today.

"If you don't want to slip, don't go to slippery places." - HKS

Meant to write this down a while ago bro. Thought it was solid advice on all fronts.

Offline nicofiend

• Quitter
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »

Offline tazmed

• Quitter
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »

I quit today. I feel good. Today I enjoy the fight. I enjoy knowing I am making a strong, conscious effort to change myself in that 300 days ago I was a different man. Show would ask how I did it. I did it one day at a time. There are all kinds of philosophies and euphemisms around here. Lord knows I've spread my share. What I get out of all of them is that we have the power to change ourselves. That you are strong enough to become the person you want to be. And that's not just with dip, that goes with anything. So do me a favor today. Take a look at yourself, all you fine quitters. Take a look and see if you are who you want to be. If you're not, take at least one step towards being that person today and then glance over your shoulder so you can see who you used to be.
Congratulations on your third floor! Your support for me has been one of the main things that keeps me motivated. The analogies you come up with are nothing short of brilliant...not to mention spot on. Keep it up, my brother. Proud to be quit with you today. 'archer'

Offline jmiah

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, hiking, working out (usually), my wife, and my awesome dog, Gunner.
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2011, 09:32:00 AM »

I quit today. I feel good. Today I enjoy the fight. I enjoy knowing I am making a strong, conscious effort to change myself in that 300 days ago I was a different man. Show would ask how I did it. I did it one day at a time. There are all kinds of philosophies and euphemisms around here. Lord knows I've spread my share. What I get out of all of them is that we have the power to change ourselves. That you are strong enough to become the person you want to be. And that's not just with dip, that goes with anything. So do me a favor today. Take a look at yourself, all you fine quitters. Take a look and see if you are who you want to be. If you're not, take at least one step towards being that person today and then glance over your shoulder so you can see who you used to be.
'army'

Glad to be quit with you today!
candor dat viribus alas
Sincerity gives wings to strength.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2011, 08:04:00 AM »

:)

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2011, 07:25:00 AM »
Great job Soul! I admire your QUIT. It is amazing what we can do when we make that conscious choice to do it. I also have found strength (through quitting nicotine) that I never knew I had. Life is good...
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2011, 07:02:00 AM »

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65

I feel good today. No deep thoughts. No searching for the deeper meaning of being quit. Just a little diversion.

My favorite ad campaign of all time - "Terrible" Terry Tate.

Terry Tate - Office Linebacker

For the rest of the commercials: Return of Terry Tate
I look forward to your day 300 tomorrow!
You should because I got a whole parade of misfits lining up to march past your house waiving banners saying "Thanks brother" on it.
They will blend in with the neighborhood. I will be :) tomorrow.
Well Done Sir.

3rd floor and going up~
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »

I feel good today. No deep thoughts. No searching for the deeper meaning of being quit. Just a little diversion.

You should because I got a whole parade of misfits lining up to march past your house waiving banners saying "Thanks brother" on it.
They will blend in with the neighborhood. I will be :) tomorrow.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »