Author Topic: Souli to AVain, Souli to AVain...come in AVain  (Read 10924 times)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Souli to AVain, Souli to AVain...come in AVain
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman

I feel good today. No deep thoughts. No searching for the deeper meaning of being quit. Just a little diversion.

My favorite ad campaign of all time - "Terrible" Terry Tate.

Terry Tate - Office Linebacker

For the rest of the commercials: Return of Terry Tate
I look forward to your day 300 tomorrow!

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2011, 11:28:00 PM »

I feel good today. No deep thoughts. No searching for the deeper meaning of being quit. Just a little diversion.

My favorite ad campaign of all time - "Terrible" Terry Tate.

Terry Tate - Office Linebacker

For the rest of the commercials: Return of Terry Tate

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
Goo goo stuff Souli, as usual.

A successful quitter BEGINS each day with the End in Mind: I will not use nicotine today, etc.

This is based on the principle that all things are created twice. There is a mental (first) creation and then a physical (second) creation. The physical creation follows the mental, just as a building follows a blueprint. Begin with the End in Mind means to begin each day with a clear vision of your desired direction. You create your own destiny and secure the future you envision.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »

Today I see the addict on the grill. He's far away but I can feel him. I got a big run in today and now I'm having my big quit. I struggle. Its not just nicotine but other things as well but its just being an addict. Accepting that each day I have to get up and set the table right. Get up and say I won't use today. I'm a huge proponent of the power of words. Choosing the right ones, really scrutinizing how you express yourself. Whether its thoughts or interacting with folks in real life or here, words frame reality. So when I get up and say I quit today, I'm framing my reality. Same as when I say I won't drink today. Or I'm going to run 20 miles. I'm defining my world. I'm organizing what is important and making it my reality. I'm starting to think about this as "making my own prophecy". When I think about what a prophecy is, it has aspects of things that should be in this world, things that could be in this world, things you can't be certain will happen, and I'm not sure if they are necessarily good or bad. The way I make my prophecy is to get up and quit today. Set the table for today. See those things in front of me and someday when the clock is running out, those same things will be sitting on the table right where I put them. Just as I did all those days before.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
Quote from: jlasling

I'm an addict on both good days and bad days. 2010-2011 is my year of change. I'm feeling worn out.

How about some words of encouragement? Someone lay some justice on me. The more f-bombs and 'wet panties' comments the better. Who's got their A-game tonight?
265 days....must be fuckin nice. Im ready to kick the shit outta this habit.
Listen to Gmann above. The addiction is the thing we are fighting.
Souli,

You had me at f-bombs and wet panties. You quit-plete me.

Offline Phil4

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
Quote from: whsii
I will gladly lend my two cents worth: Let me tell you something you fucking junkie. You saved my life about ten days ago with words that mortified me and filled me with more rage than I believe I've ever experienced. Then, when I basically told you to fuck off and I was done with this "KTC shit", you said, "Don't leave!" It hit me like a ton of bricks. I ripped a Nicoderm CQ patch off of my arm and decided to join this community for real.

You are an amazing guy tackling several demons. One of which I'm sure I will be following you up on. At this point Souli, to me, you, quite simply are da fuckin man!

I'm really glad I am quit with you. Keep it going. Quit with me today.

whsii
day fucking ten!!
I will echo what this dude says. Soul, you were one of the first to rally around me on my quit day 1. For that, you are da man and will not be forgotten by Phil4. You, sir, are an inspirational quitter.
Quit 07/14/11
HOF 10/21/11
2nd 01/30/12
3rd 05/08/12

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2011, 06:35:00 AM »
Thank you. I needed that. I really believe in anger getting past nicotine addiction. JLas, Gmann, Whsii (you quit bud...I just asked you to do it), Parputt and LLC thank you for the time and effort. While I'm at work today, I will dwell on the teachings of this site. The first response I got from a post on this site was from NOLAQ and it was something like "Don't bring that weak ass shit in here. Get your fucking head straight." I needed a kick in the balls to get my fucking head straight.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 06:27:00 AM »

I'm an addict on both good days and bad days. 2010-2011 is my year of change. I'm feeling worn out.

How about some words of encouragement? Someone lay some justice on me. The more f-bombs and 'wet panties' comments the better. Who's got their A-game tonight?
Listen to Gmann above. The addiction is the thing we are fighting.

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2011, 06:18:00 AM »
Soul,

That sounds like "Souless" talking not SouliMAN. Who is this Souless talking? All these fucking quitters riding on your back and you cry out "my vagina hurts"---Man UP before I find another horse to ride!

Bring back SOULIMAN! The monster Quitter!

I suppport YOU brother!
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2011, 11:20:00 PM »
I just rubbed one out while staring at your avatar.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline Wild_Bill

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
I will gladly lend my two cents worth: Let me tell you something you fucking junkie. You saved my life about ten days ago with words that mortified me and filled me with more rage than I believe I've ever experienced. Then, when I basically told you to fuck off and I was done with this "KTC shit", you said, "Don't leave!" It hit me like a ton of bricks. I ripped a Nicoderm CQ patch off of my arm and decided to join this community for real.

You are an amazing guy tackling several demons. One of which I'm sure I will be following you up on. At this point Souli, to me, you, quite simply are da fuckin man!

I'm really glad I am quit with you. Keep it going. Quit with me today.

whsii
day fucking ten!!
Quit Dip: August 12, 2011
Quit Cigs: October 1, 2009

veni, vici, cessavi

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »

Soul, get the sand out of your fukin' sloppy wet hair pie and help jlasling understand that this is a fukin' addiction, not a fukin' bad habit. If this was a habit, ol' soul here wouldn't be asking for encouragement after 265 clean ones.

Soul, summers eve your nasty tuna taco and tell the nic bitch to go get bent.

Offline jlasling

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2011, 08:19:00 PM »

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 10:02:00 PM »

I got the chance to hang out with some good folks this past weekend from this site. I came away feeling humbled by the comma chips and hearing the stories and the commitment to quit from those around me. Good folks giving it their best. That's just about perfect I'd say. This is what we did: hung out and shot the shit on the back porch on a Saturday afternoon without the wives around, there were a few cocktails (I was SoberSouli...I am SoberSouli), played some lawn games (badminton at which I would say BC has previously trained with the German woman's Olympic team), had a huge incredible feast and capped the evening sitting around listening to some live music. It was an eye opener that 'hell yeah...I can do all that shit without a turd in my mouth and have a great time'.