Author Topic: Souli to AVain, Souli to AVain...come in AVain  (Read 10921 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Souli to AVain, Souli to AVain...come in AVain
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Dchogs
Quote from: Souliman
Day 624

I quit today. I used to spend several hours a day on here, specifically in the intros section in the past. I forgot the power of this spot right here. The humility it takes to say you are an addict and understand that you have to work from a disadvantage to achieve what you want is difficult but the first big win. Its step one to changing yourself. Its powerful. Truly powerful. I'm grateful to have found this place and met the folks I have.

If any of you newbs haven't been to a quitter convention yet, find one near by. I have not met a quitter that isn't powerful and a complete character. Incredible folks. Empowering.
good words, brother soul. i miss having the time to spend hours here. granted, i was forcing that time into my schedule before during my early quit days, but it was so valuable and reinforced what i was doing.

i'm hoping that life (well, mainly work... and that ain't all of life!) slows down to a degree that i can be back and more active. helping new quitters is a great way to strengthen your own quit, and that's something that every quitter needs... at 458, 624, or 2311 days. hell, i know for a fact that soul and i strengthened each other's quits when i was just cutting my teeth in here.

good seeing you here, soul, and most importantly, good seeing you on the Quithead roll call each day. it means a lot to still have your support.
Don't think I'm not showing up in Aug'11 each day to make sure you folks aren't slacking. You fuckers used to spread the gospel of quit everywhere you went, like you were selling snake oil or "I got pipe" Nancy Kerrigan t-shirts or something. If quit had ratings, that group would come in a brown paper wrapper. You guys are certainly a part of my foundation. Thanks DC.

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2012, 05:25:00 PM »
Day 624

I quit today. I used to spend several hours a day on here, specifically in the intros section in the past. I forgot the power of this spot right here. The humility it takes to say you are an addict and understand that you have to work from a disadvantage to achieve what you want is difficult but the first big win. Its step one to changing yourself. Its powerful. Truly powerful. I'm grateful to have found this place and met the folks I have.

If any of you newbs haven't been to a quitter convention yet, find one near by. I have not met a quitter that isn't powerful and a complete character. Incredible folks. Empowering.
good words, brother soul. i miss having the time to spend hours here. granted, i was forcing that time into my schedule before during my early quit days, but it was so valuable and reinforced what i was doing.

i'm hoping that life (well, mainly work... and that ain't all of life!) slows down to a degree that i can be back and more active. helping new quitters is a great way to strengthen your own quit, and that's something that every quitter needs... at 458, 624, or 2311 days. hell, i know for a fact that soul and i strengthened each other's quits when i was just cutting my teeth in here.

good seeing you here, soul, and most importantly, good seeing you on the Quithead roll call each day. it means a lot to still have your support.
Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23; 47th floor- 3/27/24.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »
Day 624

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
Day 615

I quit today. I've been watching the Olympics like every other red blooded American. I dig that stuff. Its amazing how many of the events are around 50 seconds and what a massive difference 50 and 51 seconds is when you want to be the best in the world. Today's modern technology really lets see the difference of that 1 second in slomo. You slow that down and see every little muscle twitch. Every litle impulse. About a week ago I didn't slow down and look at every little impulse. I came here to quit chewing tobacco and ended up changing my life. I was wrestling with a couple other demons. I should say I am wrestling with a couple other demons. Unlike Meatloaf, I don't believe two out of three is acceptable. After a year or so of fighting the urge to drink, someone put a drink in front of me and I said yes. I didn't put my word down yet that day whether consciously or not. I had numbers of a great number of folks and even more numbers of folks that would have gladly took up the fight to get me through that impulse. I didn't want to hear 'no'. I should have slowed down, taken a breath and looked at the situation in front of me. If I had, I would have walked away. I didn't. I know this is really the nicotine intros but I don't really separate my quits anymore. I look at it as changing who I am. I broke part of that down last week. In the past, that would have opened the flood gates and I would have wrecked myself for a while. That didn't happen. That's the only good I can take away from this. I didn't lose my job and didn't end up on the couch at all at home. I've made progress but I feel a sense of failure at the same time. I'm thinking of my HOF speech in this instant - "no one can be harder on you than you." I need to take a small win out of this and improve at the same time. I offer a sincere apology to the folks that I am close to here. I knew what was right and I didn't execute. I got away from my core values.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #169 on: August 03, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65

I quit today. Humility. Its takes humility to truly step outside yourself and see what you are. You're not always right. If you were, every time you put a lipper in or took a sip of whiskey or swallowed a pill would have been the right way to go. I think you have to concede that you have failures in the past to be able to create victories in the future on these fronts. So when someone here points a direction and you question that direction, concede your past failures and listen before you spit in their eye tell them you know the path.
Pure gold. I like this guy.
Sounds like that guy knows right from wrong.

Thanks friend.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #168 on: August 03, 2012, 10:18:00 AM »

I quit today. Humility. Its takes humility to truly step outside yourself and see what you are. You're not always right. If you were, every time you put a lipper in or took a sip of whiskey or swallowed a pill would have been the right way to go. I think you have to concede that you have failures in the past to be able to create victories in the future on these fronts. So when someone here points a direction and you question that direction, concede your past failures and listen before you spit in their eye tell them you know the path.
Pure gold. I like this guy.

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #167 on: July 07, 2012, 03:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Buddy
Quote from: Greg5280
Quote from: loot
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: Bruce317
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Grizzly25
Quote from: Luby

I quit today.

I was a candy ass. A complete fucking wishy washy little bitch. Feeling sorry for myself. Always looking for a reason to drink this or eat that or stuff poison in my mouth. The boys and I spend a lot of time in Vermont. Being it's so hot we spend a lot of that time in a river. There's this one spot in Stowe that got these nice river stones. We'll build up a solid rock wall and create a jet and the boys will boogie board through it for hours. Good shit. I love taking a second before we leave to take look behind me, see what we built. Totally changed the river. There's a deep swimming hole. There's current. Other kids dig what we're doing and start building it up as well. Makes me feel good to see folks have good fun. We come back a week later and its totally different. A big rain might wash that wall down river. Some kid might think he can build it better and tear it down to start over. Its always different when I come back. I can usually find a few stones that I placed the week before. I knew I placed those right. I'm finally at a place where when I turn around, I feel good about seeing the stones I placed. I own the things I've done. And the things I haven't. Sometimes nature fucks with you. Sometimes other folk do as well. That's going to happen. Nothing you can do about it but place the stones where you think they belong and believe you're doing the right thing.
This brilliance is an excellent example of why I am a Souliman follower. 356 and proud to quit with you everyday.
Soul is the cornerstone of quit.
I like the stand up and be counted quit that Souliman brings!

Awesome!
Soul we must be related I was that wishy washy little bitch also. I'm slowly changing that by listening to and following guys like you! Thanks,
Souliman is to nic what the a bomb was to Japan. Keep rocking it brother
Wow. Soul. Wow.

I am proud to be quit with you.

Wow.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'
Good shit friend. Good shit.

Looking at that wall as you leave will be a "flash" of your when JC comes for you. Be proud of your accomplishments bro....small and large.
Excellent post !! Proud to be quit with you !!

'clap' 'clap'
Proud to quit with guys like Souliman.... Great post
Worthy of applause, Soul!
'clap'

Offline Buddy Mac

• Quitter
  • Interests: My two daughters and wife, watching all sports, playing golf
« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2012, 10:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Greg5280

I quit today.

I was a candy ass. A complete fucking wishy washy little bitch. Feeling sorry for myself. Always looking for a reason to drink this or eat that or stuff poison in my mouth. The boys and I spend a lot of time in Vermont. Being it's so hot we spend a lot of that time in a river. There's this one spot in Stowe that got these nice river stones. We'll build up a solid rock wall and create a jet and the boys will boogie board through it for hours. Good shit. I love taking a second before we leave to take look behind me, see what we built. Totally changed the river. There's a deep swimming hole. There's current. Other kids dig what we're doing and start building it up as well. Makes me feel good to see folks have good fun. We come back a week later and its totally different. A big rain might wash that wall down river. Some kid might think he can build it better and tear it down to start over. Its always different when I come back. I can usually find a few stones that I placed the week before. I knew I placed those right. I'm finally at a place where when I turn around, I feel good about seeing the stones I placed. I own the things I've done. And the things I haven't. Sometimes nature fucks with you. Sometimes other folk do as well. That's going to happen. Nothing you can do about it but place the stones where you think they belong and believe you're doing the right thing.
This brilliance is an excellent example of why I am a Souliman follower. 356 and proud to quit with you everyday.

Awesome!
Soul we must be related I was that wishy washy little bitch also. I'm slowly changing that by listening to and following guys like you! Thanks,
Wow. Soul. Wow.

Wow.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Looking at that wall as you leave will be a "flash" of your when JC comes for you. Be proud of your accomplishments bro....small and large.

'clap' 'clap'
Proud to quit with guys like Souliman.... Great post
Buddy Mac

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #165 on: July 06, 2012, 02:00:00 PM »

I quit today.

Awesome!
Wow. Soul. Wow.

Wow.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

'clap' 'clap'

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #164 on: July 06, 2012, 12:28:00 PM »

I quit today.

Awesome!
Wow. Soul. Wow.

Wow.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #163 on: July 06, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »

I quit today.

Awesome!
Wow. Soul. Wow.

Wow.
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »

I quit today.

Awesome!
Wow. Soul. Wow.

Wow.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »

I quit today.

Awesome!
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »
Thanks for that, Souli.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2012, 08:38:00 AM »

I quit today.

Awesome!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda