Author Topic: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?  (Read 15315 times)

Offline Quit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quitting One Day At A Time
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2013, 10:46:00 AM »
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: Mike
Day 53 - the dip dream. Had a bit of an up  down day yesterday after finally starting to feel better in the 50s. Still I'd become complacent in thinking I'd made it this far without having a dip dream yet. Yeah that wasn't gonna last forever.

On to fhe dream  It was Friday night  I knew I had to go into work Saturday. So I prepped like normal  bought a can of cope at the gas station on the way home Friday nite. Saturday was goin great until I popped a huge fatty. It took abou 10 mins of dream time to wonder just what the heck I was doing I quit, and just a little longer to realize I'd caved. I got as far as texting my top 3 contacts to tell them what ahappened then I woke up. So I don't know what their responses were but I'm pretty sure I can guess what they'd be if this actually happened IRL.

I didn think about KTC in the dream so didn't get as far as knowing if I'd posted roll that Saturday morning or not. I do know I posted this morning for real once I got out of bed.

Weird. But then it was bound to happen sooner or later. About all you can do with this is use the crushing disappointment in yourself  nightmare of having to face those who care about you enough to hold you accountable. Use that as just more quit fuel. Have a great day y'all!
Hey Mike. It is now time to congratulate you on being here. You said some encouraging words to me early on. This is a freaking awesome accomplishment dude! 53 days!!!!!! Quit on and let me know if you need any help.
Keep the quit going solid. Take these things and use them to make you stronger.
I have been Quit for several years and I still wake up every morning and quit one day at a time.  I figure if it worked yesterday, it will work today.  Never ever get complacent in your quit!

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2013, 10:30:00 AM »
Day 53 - the dip dream. Had a bit of an up  down day yesterday after finally starting to feel better in the 50s. Still I'd become complacent in thinking I'd made it this far without having a dip dream yet. Yeah that wasn't gonna last forever.

On to fhe dream It was Friday night  I knew I had to go into work Saturday. So I prepped like normal  bought a can of cope at the gas station on the way home Friday nite. Saturday was goin great until I popped a huge fatty. It took abou 10 mins of dream time to wonder just what the heck I was doing I quit, and just a little longer to realize I'd caved. I got as far as texting my top 3 contacts to tell them what ahappened then I woke up. So I don't know what their responses were but I'm pretty sure I can guess what they'd be if this actually happened IRL.

I didn think about KTC in the dream so didn't get as far as knowing if I'd posted roll that Saturday morning or not. I do know I posted this morning for real once I got out of bed.

Weird. But then it was bound to happen sooner or later. About all you can do with this is use the crushing disappointment in yourself  nightmare of having to face those who care about you enough to hold you accountable. Use that as just more quit fuel. Have a great day y'all!
Hey Mike. It is now time to congratulate you on being here. You said some encouraging words to me early on. This is a freaking awesome accomplishment dude! 53 days!!!!!! Quit on and let me know if you need any help.
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »

On to fhe dream It was Friday night  I knew I had to go into work Saturday. So I prepped like normal  bought a can of cope at the gas station on the way home Friday nite. Saturday was goin great until I popped a huge fatty. It took abou 10 mins of dream time to wonder just what the heck I was doing I quit, and just a little longer to realize I'd caved. I got as far as texting my top 3 contacts to tell them what ahappened then I woke up. So I don't know what their responses were but I'm pretty sure I can guess what they'd be if this actually happened IRL.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2013, 10:52:00 PM »
Quote from: B-loMatt

Mike you are killing it! You are still in for some battles, but you have all the tools to beat the nic bitch. Keep +1ing!
Will do Matt! Appreciate the support. Yep, all the tools are available right here on the site, just be willing to get involved  listen  learn. I'll keep +1'ing with you today, and tomorrow too!

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2013, 10:51:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Just looked back on your intro mike. You came here a losing addict with years of slavery behind you. You came unsure, but willing to listen, learn and believe the ktc way of quitting.

Now your a winning addict that is helping others. Your speaking the words of a tried and true quitter that continues to demonstrate that with determination/drive a man can win this battle one day at a time. I will be glad to quit with you any day that ends in a y. Hey,, today ends in a y.
Thanks for your kind words srans. Yep unsure indeed, you remember that even if you hadn't looked back over this intro! I won't blame anybody for being unsure. But just as you've said, you have to be willing to give it a fair shake, to abide by the rules, to learn, both the KTC way, but also to learn more about yourself. But for anyone new reading this, yes it's possible to be quit as srans  so many others are proving to us newbies each day. Just be willing to listen  learn. Keep an open mind.

yep today ends in Y  I'm proud to be quit with you today. But it's nearly over, but hey tomorrow ends in Y too  I'll be proud to add another +1 with you tomorrow on another day that ends in Y too! :D

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2013, 09:00:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Thanks Quit for all you've done for me to build that strong quit.  Proud to be quit with you today too.

Thanks FlyBy, appreciate hearing that from you for sure.

Thanks Worktowin, I appreciate all you've done for me over the past 50 to make it this far.  Paradise indeed!  You're welcome for the support too, as you know I get it in return so happy to give it out anytime.
Just looked back on your intro mike. You came here a losing addict with years of slavery behind you. You came unsure, but willing to listen, learn and believe the ktc way of quitting.

Now your a winning addict that is helping others. Your speaking the words of a tried and true quitter that continues to demonstrate that with determination/drive a man can win this battle one day at a time. I will be glad to quit with you any day that ends in a y. Hey,, today ends in a y.
Mike you are killing it! You are still in for some battles, but you have all the tools to beat the nic bitch. Keep +1ing!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »
Thanks Quit for all you've done for me to build that strong quit. Proud to be quit with you today too.

Thanks Worktowin, I appreciate all you've done for me over the past 50 to make it this far. Paradise indeed! You're welcome for the support too, as you know I get it in return so happy to give it out anytime.

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2013, 12:25:00 AM »
Thanks Quit for all you've done for me to build that strong quit. Proud to be quit with you today too.

Thanks Worktowin, I appreciate all you've done for me over the past 50 to make it this far. Paradise indeed! You're welcome for the support too, as you know I get it in return so happy to give it out anytime.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2013, 08:21:00 PM »
50 days is a big deal. Congratulations, and thank you for supporting me and so many others for the past 50! Paradise ahead, Mike!

Offline flyby

• Quitter
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2013, 02:11:00 PM »
Now here's a bad ass quitter!! Great work Mike 'oh yeah'
Motivation is what gets you started,
habit is what keeps you going.
Willpower is remembering what you really want

Offline Quit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quitting One Day At A Time
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2013, 12:27:00 PM »
Way to go on the half century, you continue to build a strong quit and I am glad to be quit with you.
I have been Quit for several years and I still wake up every morning and quit one day at a time.  I figure if it worked yesterday, it will work today.  Never ever get complacent in your quit!

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2013, 12:03:00 AM »
Thanks Derk, appreciate your help  support for sure. I'm not sure my thoughts all made the most sense typing them out on my phone, but it's probably a fair honest summary of week by week just the changes  such you go through. Much of mine could be predicted by reading the normal timelines  symptoms, but some of it couldn't. In the end it's all good. Proud to be quit with you today.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2013, 09:54:00 PM »
Day 49 - tomorrow I'll be posting 50. Halfway to HoF. Wouldn't have thought it possible. But it's a good time for a look back at the last 7 weeks...

Week 1 - the week where it's all just abou gettin through the physical symptoms  beginning down the road of quit. Learning  teaching yourself that quitting is possible even if you're not sure how Long it'll last.
Week 2 - still working through the physical but it seems easier than it should be because your quit is bright shiny  new. You'll still be thinking about dipping, and/or smoking all the Fing time but you've got this. It's bright shiny new still.
Week 3 - the onset of symptoms you never even thought of, as the physical subsides the mental takes over in my case with panic attacks  constant anxiety
Week 4 - getting through the 20s to a month sux this is where you really have to embrace the suck because you've got mental symptoms added to the physical  you're starting to wear down. This feels more like work  less exciting.
Week 5 - you'll start to see bright flashes where you can see the light at the end of the tunnel  it's not a train. Maybe the veterans aren't completely full of it when they tell you how much better life can be. This sux but there's more hope.
Week 6 - when you think you might be alright the panic attacks  anxiety jus won't go away. This sux  the bright spots are even fewer. For issues I thought I'd already worked out. Ugh.
Week 7 - finally. Some guys say you can start to feel good in your 40s. Nope. But as you get close to that day 50 everything seems pretty good. For the first time you start to feel good the mental symptoms are less. Quitting actually seems like its enjoyable now.
Keep at it Mike! Your a quitting machine. This is possible and your doing it! I will quit with you any day bro! Remember to stay on this ODAAT!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2013, 08:49:00 PM »
Day 49 - tomorrow I'll be posting 50. Halfway to HoF. Wouldn't have thought it possible. But it's a good time for a look back at the last 7 weeks...

Week 1 - the week where it's all just abou gettin through the physical symptoms  beginning down the road of quit. Learning  teaching yourself that quitting is possible even if you're not sure how Long it'll last.
Week 2 - still working through the physical but it seems easier than it should be because your quit is bright shiny  new. You'll still be thinking about dipping, and/or smoking all the Fing time but you've got this. It's bright shiny new still.
Week 3 - the onset of symptoms you never even thought of, as the physical subsides the mental takes over in my case with panic attacks  constant anxiety
Week 4 - getting through the 20s to a month sux this is where you really have to embrace the suck because you've got mental symptoms added to the physical  you're starting to wear down. This feels more like work  less exciting.
Week 5 - you'll start to see bright flashes where you can see the light at the end of the tunnel  it's not a train. Maybe the veterans aren't completely full of it when they tell you how much better life can be. This sux but there's more hope.
Week 6 - when you think you might be alright the panic attacks  anxiety jus won't go away. This sux  the bright spots are even fewer. For issues I thought I'd already worked out. Ugh.
Week 7 - finally. Some guys say you can start to feel good in your 40s. Nope. But as you get close to that day 50 everything seems pretty good. For the first time you start to feel good the mental symptoms are less. Quitting actually seems like its enjoyable now.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2013, 03:22:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Wow day 45 today.  Just decided to update that I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for anxiety.  While I've spent the better part of a couple months being afraid that I'm dying of cancer  left it too late to quit, now I simply don't know how much more checked out I can get  get a clean bill of health.  God has truly granted me a miracle of healing, and the miracle of this site. 

For those of you fighting through the anxiety  mental issues, especially when you didn't expect it nearly so bad, go get it all checked out.  Self diagnosis, beyond reading about the normal quit symptoms on this site, is a recipe for more anxiety.  Then don't forget what you're going through now, as eventually the anxiety has to lessen  the memory will be a great motivator to stay quit.
Hang in there mike. You've done great so far and motivated a lot of us. The road will get easier. Anxiety sucks, and the fact that addiction caused it sucks worse. Glad you pushed nicotine out of your life!!??
Glad indeed my friend!! Get those ??s out of there LOL of course I'm glad. Yeah i still miss nic on occasion but the gladness? Comes from the fact that never again will I have to go through this. Thanks for your kind words, but thankyou most to all your support my friend. Couldn't have to this done without ya bro