Author Topic: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?  (Read 15313 times)

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2013, 12:19:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Couldn't agree more, wtw knows a quitter when he sees one. Keep it up mike. Some serious quit going on here. You came here for one reason,, that's apparent. Glad to be quit with you.
Thanks Srans, Glad to be quit with you today. You're right for sure, about W2W, and about me. Yep I did come here for one reason. As I admitted to W2W this last month has pretty much brought me to my knees now it's time to rebuild  get back on track for a new better life as I set my sights on Hof. ODAAT. Thanks for all your help  support in getting me through the first month!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »
Quote from: Mike
Quote from: worktowin
You have been a huge inspiration for many of us, mike. You've pulled through some challenges over the past 30+ days and really built a strong quit foundation. Like many of us, you came here on shaky ground, but your determination and mindset have propelled you forward. The next 30 days were, for me, a cakewalk compared to the first 30. But keep your guard up!!!  This is where some posters get lax, some skip roll, and then they drop off. You are a man of your word, and it will make you angry to watch some in your group fail. Use that anger to build more strength!

Proud to be quit with you again today. Thanks for your support!
Thanks for your kind words W2W. You're more than welcome for the support, but thankyou for all your support. Couldn't have done it without you. You're a huge inspiration to so many here, including me.

Yes I did come here on some shaky ground, not sure what to do or how to start, but you just jump right in give it your best  see what happens. You'll be amazed at the results. It's amazing how even a month into it you're still rewiring  still trying to get whole again, but that goal seems both possible  desirable, something that's a huge mindshift from where I was a month ago when I wasn't sure how long I could make this last or if I could. But I know I'm not there yet, too many thoughts creep back in.

I hope you're right that the next 30 are a cakewalk compared to the first 30, but good point on being vigilant  continuing to post roll, there are lots that seem to take a day off from it already. But HoF is in sight if I just keep doing what I've been doing, ODAAT! Proud to be quit with you today.
Couldn't agree more, wtw knows a quitter when he sees one. Keep it up mike. Some serious quit going on here. You came here for one reason,, that's apparent. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »
You have been a huge inspiration for many of us, mike. You've pulled through some challenges over the past 30+ days and really built a strong quit foundation. Like many of us, you came here on shaky ground, but your determination and mindset have propelled you forward. The next 30 days were, for me, a cakewalk compared to the first 30. But keep your guard up!!! This is where some posters get lax, some skip roll, and then they drop off. You are a man of your word, and it will make you angry to watch some in your group fail. Use that anger to build more strength!

Thanks for your kind words W2W. You're more than welcome for the support, but thankyou for all your support. Couldn't have done it without you. You're a huge inspiration to so many here, including me.

Yes I did come here on some shaky ground, not sure what to do or how to start, but you just jump right in give it your best  see what happens. You'll be amazed at the results. It's amazing how even a month into it you're still rewiring  still trying to get whole again, but that goal seems both possible  desirable, something that's a huge mindshift from where I was a month ago when I wasn't sure how long I could make this last or if I could. But I know I'm not there yet, too many thoughts creep back in.

I hope you're right that the next 30 are a cakewalk compared to the first 30, but good point on being vigilant  continuing to post roll, there are lots that seem to take a day off from it already. But HoF is in sight if I just keep doing what I've been doing, ODAAT! Proud to be quit with you today.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »
You have been a huge inspiration for many of us, mike. You've pulled through some challenges over the past 30+ days and really built a strong quit foundation. Like many of us, you came here on shaky ground, but your determination and mindset have propelled you forward. The next 30 days were, for me, a cakewalk compared to the first 30. But keep your guard up!!! This is where some posters get lax, some skip roll, and then they drop off. You are a man of your word, and it will make you angry to watch some in your group fail. Use that anger to build more strength!

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »
Thanks KC  Matt. Proud to be quit with both of you today. One month may not be as big of a deal as some, but yes it's ODAAT  it's one month  some ahead of where I was a month ago! :D BUt then I did come here to quit,  while I'm not sure how much of a leader I might be here, that's all just part of paying it forward.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2013, 11:31:00 AM »
Mike, I took notice of you as soon as you got here b/c you showed all the signs of a man who came here to quit: you have been from day 1 a kool-aide drinking, quit owning, active on the boards example of quit! I love how you have taken a leadership role in your quit-group and are showing the newbs the way! You are a bad ass quitter, and I am happy to be quit with you.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
Hitting that month marker is a BIG DEAL bro. You are well on your way to FREEDOM. We all quit the same. One day at a time around here. Before you know it quitting becomes second nature. It's engrained into your daily life.

Keep up the great work man. I am proud to quit beside you.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »
Thanks Derk, appreciate your support too! Proud to be quit with you today.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2013, 10:52:00 PM »
Thanks AJ, Srans,  Erussell, proud to be quit with you guys today.
Congrats on 30 days bro! Ur killing it. Proud to be quit with u today!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2013, 09:28:00 PM »
Thanks AJ, Srans,  Erussell, proud to be quit with you guys today.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2013, 11:58:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: AppleJack
I've got ALOT of guys to thank for their help in my 30 days here, in no particular order, I'll try not to forget any:

Work2Win - the best quit friend I could ask for, thanks for always listening to my craziest moments during the first 30

Mookie - thanks for being a best quit friend too, always happy to talk to you  thanks for listening to all my craziest times too

AppleJack - thanks for your prayers  well wishes bro, thanks for always checking on me, glad to know you for sure.

FlyBy - appreciate that you always check on me without fail, I know I can count on you for that

Quit, Zak, WinterGreen - awesome group, glad to be part of your group, thanks, even when I'm always reading  don't always msg back.

SportsFan - thanks for inviting me to the Jackwagins group, that's added another whole dimension of strength for me

PapaBear, ERussell, Srans, bjarret, yesican, BearHawk, thanks for always responding to my texts  messages. 

I know there's more that reply in this thread, more that I'm getting to know, more that inspire me too, that keep me in their thoughts  prayers, yall don't hardly know how grateful I am for the brotherhood  fellowship on this site.  Thanks.
Happy for you today! It gets better from here mike! No reason to worry about poisoning yourself! So glad you joined this site - you've really strengthened a lot of our quits! Quit with you today!
Good stuff Mike!

Your attitude is infectious and it's nice to see you lovin' your quit man! Glad to be of some small help to you. So many were there for me... now it's my turn. Proud of you dude.
Great job mike. You are clearly in it to win it. You got some great things coming your way. Stay the course. Damn glad to be quit with you..
I am gonna have to 4th everything Worktowin, applejack, and Srans just said. Your a complete bad ass! Quit with you all damn day bro! Erussell -144-
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2013, 08:02:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
I've got ALOT of guys to thank for their help in my 30 days here, in no particular order, I'll try not to forget any:

Work2Win - the best quit friend I could ask for, thanks for always listening to my craziest moments during the first 30

Mookie - thanks for being a best quit friend too, always happy to talk to you  thanks for listening to all my craziest times too

AppleJack - thanks for your prayers  well wishes bro, thanks for always checking on me, glad to know you for sure.

FlyBy - appreciate that you always check on me without fail, I know I can count on you for that

Quit, Zak, WinterGreen - awesome group, glad to be part of your group, thanks, even when I'm always reading  don't always msg back.

SportsFan - thanks for inviting me to the Jackwagins group, that's added another whole dimension of strength for me

PapaBear, ERussell, Srans, bjarret, yesican, BearHawk, thanks for always responding to my texts  messages. 

I know there's more that reply in this thread, more that I'm getting to know, more that inspire me too, that keep me in their thoughts  prayers, yall don't hardly know how grateful I am for the brotherhood  fellowship on this site.  Thanks.
Happy for you today! It gets better from here mike! No reason to worry about poisoning yourself! So glad you joined this site - you've really strengthened a lot of our quits! Quit with you today!
Good stuff Mike!

Your attitude is infectious and it's nice to see you lovin' your quit man! Glad to be of some small help to you. So many were there for me... now it's my turn. Proud of you dude.
Great job mike. You are clearly in it to win it. You got some great things coming your way. Stay the course. Damn glad to be quit with you..
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2013, 11:58:00 PM »

Good stuff Mike!

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2013, 10:51:00 PM »
Thanks W2W, God didn't give me another day so I could sit around going woe is me, he gave me another day free from suffering so I can use it to best advantage, which right now I think is spending all the time I can helping  supporting others in my situation. Glad I can be of help to strengthen quits of those so much more senior to me, because you,  yall really do strengthen my quit too. Rather be quit because it makes life better than be quit out of sheer fear, but I'll keep  remember the fear lest I become too complacent in the future  think that slipping back might be ok. I've been through too much over the last month mentally, physically, emotionally, to backslide, plus too many great guys have invested too much of themselves in me for me to lose that investment or wreck it.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2013, 10:21:00 PM »

I know there's more that reply in this thread, more that I'm getting to know, more that inspire me too, that keep me in their thoughts  prayers, yall don't hardly know how grateful I am for the brotherhood  fellowship on this site. Thanks.