Author Topic: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?  (Read 15314 times)

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2013, 03:13:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Mike
Wow day 45 today.  Just decided to update that I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for anxiety.  While I've spent the better part of a couple months being afraid that I'm dying of cancer  left it too late to quit, now I simply don't know how much more checked out I can get  get a clean bill of health.  God has truly granted me a miracle of healing, and the miracle of this site. 

For those of you fighting through the anxiety  mental issues, especially when you didn't expect it nearly so bad, go get it all checked out.  Self diagnosis, beyond reading about the normal quit symptoms on this site, is a recipe for more anxiety.  Then don't forget what you're going through now, as eventually the anxiety has to lessen  the memory will be a great motivator to stay quit.
Hang in there mike. You've done great so far and motivated a lot of us. The road will get easier. Anxiety sucks, and the fact that addiction caused it sucks worse. Glad you pushed nicotine out of your life!!??
Glad indeed my friend!! Get those ??s out of there LOL of course I'm glad. Yeah i still miss nic on occasion but the gladness? Comes from the fact that never again will I have to go through this. Thanks for your kind words, but thankyou most to all your support my friend. Couldn't have to this done without ya bro

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2013, 02:55:00 PM »
This was my first poetry attemp I'd better document here.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2013, 02:53:00 PM »
Spent most of my adult life coping with Cope,
Sick  tired of it I was at the end of my rope.

A prayer to the Lord above to help this dope,
I stumbled upon KTC  knew there was hope.

The whole plan seemed so simple  easy,
the first few days though were hardly breezy.

The physical pain was bearable, hey IÂ’m a guy,
but the mental anguish was in too abundant supply.

but I met many great guys who help pull me through,
without them this quit surely I never could do.

Leaders from all over took me under their wing,
they only hope I pay it forward to help n00bs with this thing.

They fairly wonder if theyÂ’ve backed the right horse,
with difficulty each day I make the answer ‘of course’.

Others in my fairly new group might also be watching my quit,
thinking if he doesnÂ’t cave then neither will I, not one little bit.

Of my new friends one guy could write such prose,
what a thing to look forward to, each day a new ode.

I didnÂ’t know thereÂ’s a new one each day but the more I read,
I couldnÂ’t believe it this guy knows whatÂ’s going on in my head.

So I thank the good Lord for all my new bros
including one guy willing to share his talented prose.

Thankyou to those who reached out to me, being so bold,
your new friendship  accountability to me mean more than gold.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2013, 11:01:00 AM »
Wow day 45 today. Just decided to update that I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for anxiety. While I've spent the better part of a couple months being afraid that I'm dying of cancer  left it too late to quit, now I simply don't know how much more checked out I can get  get a clean bill of health. God has truly granted me a miracle of healing, and the miracle of this site.

For those of you fighting through the anxiety  mental issues, especially when you didn't expect it nearly so bad, go get it all checked out. Self diagnosis, beyond reading about the normal quit symptoms on this site, is a recipe for more anxiety. Then don't forget what you're going through now, as eventually the anxiety has to lessen  the memory will be a great motivator to stay quit.
Hang in there mike. You've done great so far and motivated a lot of us. The road will get easier. Anxiety sucks, and the fact that addiction caused it sucks worse. Glad you pushed nicotine out of your life!!??

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2013, 12:32:00 AM »
Wow day 45 today. Just decided to update that I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for anxiety. While I've spent the better part of a couple months being afraid that I'm dying of cancer  left it too late to quit, now I simply don't know how much more checked out I can get  get a clean bill of health. God has truly granted me a miracle of healing, and the miracle of this site.

For those of you fighting through the anxiety  mental issues, especially when you didn't expect it nearly so bad, go get it all checked out. Self diagnosis, beyond reading about the normal quit symptoms on this site, is a recipe for more anxiety. Then don't forget what you're going through now, as eventually the anxiety has to lessen  the memory will be a great motivator to stay quit.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2013, 10:45:00 PM »
Thanks SF,  thanks in no small part to yourself inviting me into the Jackwagins groups. For me it's still ODAAT, but after all the anxiety  issues I've faced down over the past 5-6 weeks, I NEVER want to go back to being an addict!! I couldn't handle it. Quitting's easy by comparison LOL Proud of you too bro, for the amazing leadership role you take in the community  continue to do everyday to help us out. Proud to be quit with you for another +1 today

Offline Sportsfan231

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2013, 09:10:00 PM »
Quote from: KC_Guy
Keep rollin brother. One day at a time it does get easier. Trust me there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Keep on quittin.  You are a bad mofo.
Thanks KC, that means alot coming from somebody I consider a bad mofo! I believe that light is there, even if I don't see it yet, all sorts of badass guys like yourself tell me it's there  it's not a train. I just hope it does get easier  I can start to enjoy being quit!  why not, it's great or should be. Proud to be quit with you again today.
mike proud of you ...you have a very strong quit going on.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »
Quote from: KC_Guy
Keep rollin brother. One day at a time it does get easier. Trust me there is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep on quittin. You are a bad mofo.
Thanks KC, that means alot coming from somebody I consider a bad mofo! I believe that light is there, even if I don't see it yet, all sorts of badass guys like yourself tell me it's there  it's not a train. I just hope it does get easier  I can start to enjoy being quit!  why not, it's great or should be. Proud to be quit with you again today.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2013, 09:06:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
learning that each day a little healing is possible
That^^^ is exactly the mental goal we all want to reach. It requires a bunch of patience and perseverance but every step is a victory man! Healing may be slow, it was/is for me, but it does happen. You're winning Mike... rock on m'brutha.

It was/is slow for me too. It all feels like too little too late sometimes, but you're right every step is a victory! Patience  perseverance indeed, but there's no other way to win! Thanks bro.
You are a kicking ass my friend. You are quit, you are using your KTC tools, you are passing your hard earned knowledge on to others, showing support, and taking a real look at yourself a your quit. That will get it done every time.

I am proud to be quit with you.
Thanks CS, appreciate your support for sure. I hope I'm trying to do all the things you mentioned. Proud to be quit with you today.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2013, 10:36:00 PM »
Keep rollin brother. One day at a time it does get easier. Trust me there is light at the end of the tunnel. Keep on quittin. You are a bad mofo.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2013, 08:32:00 PM »
That^^^ is exactly the mental goal we all want to reach. It requires a bunch of patience and perseverance but every step is a victory man! Healing may be slow, it was/is for me, but it does happen. You're winning Mike... rock on m'brutha.

It was/is slow for me too. It all feels like too little too late sometimes, but you're right every step is a victory! Patience  perseverance indeed, but there's no other way to win! Thanks bro.
You are a kicking ass my friend. You are quit, you are using your KTC tools, you are passing your hard earned knowledge on to others, showing support, and taking a real look at yourself a your quit. That will get it done every time.

I am proud to be quit with you.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2013, 07:56:00 PM »

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2013, 12:51:00 AM »

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2013, 11:50:00 PM »
Thanks Derk! Proud to be quit with you today too. You're right, I still just need to focus on ODAAT, and ODAAT you are living a better life already. What a change from 35 days ago, just 5 short weeks, where I thought it was a matter of when, not if, I'd cave to actually seeing HoF as something doable, achievable, and dare I say it, desirable. I'm not healed yet by no means, but learning that each day a little healing is possible, until you look back at where you were  realize how far you've come. All done one day at a time.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2013, 01:09:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Couldn't agree more,  wtw knows a quitter when he sees one. Keep it up mike.  Some serious quit going on here.  You came here for one reason,,  that's apparent.  Glad to be quit with you.
Thanks Srans, Glad to be quit with you today. You're right for sure, about W2W, and about me. Yep I did come here for one reason. As I admitted to W2W this last month has pretty much brought me to my knees now it's time to rebuild  get back on track for a new better life as I set my sights on Hof. ODAAT. Thanks for all your help  support in getting me through the first month!
I got news for you bro... you are living a better life ALREADY. You have gone over a month without putting poison into your body. You are nicotine free and quit! You are doing it right now and that is awesome stuff.

Don't get wrapped around setting your sights on the HOF. The only thing to keep your sights on is today. Stay quit today and worry about taking care of business in the present. The HOF is a milestone  an achievement for sure... but it don't mean anything if you don't take care of today. And once you get there... what do you do next? The victory today  saying no to nicotine is the true win. That is a huge milestone in itself. Then you can wake up tomorrow and do it again if you so choose.

Live today... be quit today... you are winning... you are living the good life. In fact, I think I will join you. Proud to be quit with you today.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech