Author Topic: rtpope intro  (Read 11178 times)

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: rtpope intro
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: Doc
Quote from: slug.go
100!!! Outfuckingstanding!! Do it agin!!!
Way to go pope! Good quit! see you at +1
'BanDog'
Great job Pope. Proud to quit with you.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline slinger

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and two sons, sports, hunting, fishing, and quitting.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »
Congrats, Pope. Well done.
We are what we repeatedly do. ~ Aristotle

Quit or get off the pot, Sally. ~ Diesel2112

The way I see it, you can either post roll daily or fuck off. ~ jost2brown

Bam! Right in the ass! ~ MonsterEMT

Quit Date: 3/4/14
HOF Date: 6/11/14
2nd Floor: 9/19/14
HOF Speech

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »
'BanDog'
Make Your Decision

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2014, 10:10:00 AM »
Congrats on 100 says the guy at 13 days. +1 rinse/repeat.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2014, 09:52:00 AM »
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2014, 09:48:00 AM »
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
Quote from: rtpope
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: apogeeammo
It has been a while since I have written anything here.....honestly, after a small funk in the 60's, the days got pretty easy. I'm on day 88 today and the cravings I've had the last couple of days have been out of this world. I can taste my old Copenhagen....I smell Skoal Cherry...I can feel the wad of dog shit in my mouth and my brain has the gumption to tell me how much I miss holding that dog shit in my mouth.....

I don't know what is wrong with me, but each time I have a fucked up thought about wanting dip, I just keep telling myself I quit and remind myself why I quit. Caving isn't an option...just have to power through each day, ODAAT, NAFAR.....QLFEDD, unless you are a Mayhem Quitter, then it is QLFE14D or every full Gordon...
Hey, pope, hang in there bro. Before you know it you and I will be sittin on that train drinking a cold one. That is just the nic whore whispering sweet nothing in your ear. Kick her in the twat and go on!
May the Gordon be with you!
QLFE14D-622!
If you go to my intro you'll see I had the same experience around that same time. Just so you know, I'm now at 126 and truthfully, its still gnawing at me but at a reduced level from day 90. I kept posting roll and committing daily and have made it to here.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but I'm told it will get better and I keep hoping.

AA
Fight brother! You are getting through the 80's funk. Keep it up. You are winning.
89 days of pure quit! You are doing it RTP! Well done.

Remember... You are NOT missing a damn thing. Copenhagen and Skoal Cherry did nothing but take from you. The "good ole times" is a BS myth.... You were a slave. You were owned! You are finally seeing life as it should be.

Keep at it today bro. Proud to be quit with you today.
Thanks guys!!! I figured I'm not the only one going the through a funk....today was stressful as fuck. I had some big cravings today, but I have the tools to deal with it. Tomorrow will be better, and if not, it will be another day I choose to be quit.
You got a +1 today brother. Tough times still ahead with craves BUT stick with it and everything will swing. I just spent my first full vacation with the wife last week and didn't crave once until I got back to work. So, this does work, give it time and everything will swing to become a more positive experience. I know it sucks right now. I know you can do this because I have and I will continue to quit EDD.

Proud to be quit with you today as today is all we can promise one another!

Offline rtpope

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Umpiring baseball, hunting, fishing, college baskeball, NFL, basically sports in general....
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
It has been a while since I have written anything here.....honestly, after a small funk in the 60's, the days got pretty easy. I'm on day 88 today and the cravings I've had the last couple of days have been out of this world. I can taste my old Copenhagen....I smell Skoal Cherry...I can feel the wad of dog shit in my mouth and my brain has the gumption to tell me how much I miss holding that dog shit in my mouth.....

I don't know what is wrong with me, but each time I have a fucked up thought about wanting dip, I just keep telling myself I quit and remind myself why I quit. Caving isn't an option...just have to power through each day, ODAAT, NAFAR.....QLFEDD, unless you are a Mayhem Quitter, then it is QLFE14D or every full Gordon...
Hey, pope, hang in there bro. Before you know it you and I will be sittin on that train drinking a cold one. That is just the nic whore whispering sweet nothing in your ear. Kick her in the twat and go on!
QLFE14D-622!
If you go to my intro you'll see I had the same experience around that same time. Just so you know, I'm now at 126 and truthfully, its still gnawing at me but at a reduced level from day 90. I kept posting roll and committing daily and have made it to here.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but I'm told it will get better and I keep hoping.

AA
Fight brother! You are getting through the 80's funk. Keep it up. You are winning.

Remember... You are NOT missing a damn thing. Copenhagen and Skoal Cherry did nothing but take from you. The "good ole times" is a BS myth.... You were a slave. You were owned! You are finally seeing life as it should be.

Thanks guys!!! I figured I'm not the only one going the through a funk....today was stressful as fuck. I had some big cravings today, but I have the tools to deal with it. Tomorrow will be better, and if not, it will be another day I choose to be quit.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »

QLFE14D-622!

AA

Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »

QLFE14D-622!

AA
these guys are right. I had it too. Hang tight, you'll get through it. I got through mine. You've spent all this time preparing and practicing with the tools that will help you stay quit, and they are working for you. Nice job using this one, posting and getting support-- mark today down as Victory, Rtpope. Nicbitch: 0 (1 attempt)
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2014, 05:43:00 PM »

QLFE14D-622!

AA
Hang in there Pope! I know exactly how you feel -- some phenomenal days, and some challenging ones -- but nothing like the suck of the first couple weeks. Just like everyone told us then: never forget The Suck, since it helps remind us that the future rough patches are nothing compared to posting a "Day 1" all over again. Quitting is hard because it's worth it.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2014, 10:52:00 AM »

QLFE14D-622!

AA
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline apogeeammo

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-01-01
  • Interests: Family, Cooking, Guns, Music!Favorite bands - Tool, Radiohead, and Queens of the Stoneage
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »

QLFE14D-622!

AA
--Focus on Remedies, Not Faults - Jack Nicklaus
--Do or Do Not, There is NO Try - Yoda
--Recalculating! - The GPS bitch!
--462 Just ahead of me! - Maynard

HOF 4/10/2014

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2014, 09:34:00 AM »

QLFE14D-622!
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline rtpope

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Umpiring baseball, hunting, fishing, college baskeball, NFL, basically sports in general....
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2014, 10:37:00 PM »