Author Topic: Upper Lippin'  (Read 5628 times)

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Upper Lippin'
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2012, 11:08:00 PM »
Now see...there you go showing that YOU are raging and looking for the fight...I said the same thing that redtrain and ready and all the other brothers said - you just didn't mind the way I said it.

I don't think I said if you walked away you were a caver...what you do if you leave this site is up to you.

Like I said, you are obviously a smart fella. But you are playing games. You see the meaning in the site despite the different dialects used...you see the purpose of the methods, but balk at them when directed towards you. You focus on the of the medium the site uses to convey the message which you clearly can receive and translate, but get too bogged down in complaining about the truly insignificant aspect of the medium...kind of like throwing the baby out with the bathwater...who cares if the site is clunky and old...if you need cool and state of the art forum software to quit you are not ready to truly be quit.

Hell, maybe you would be better off forming your own site altogether - I don't say this in any way other than as the truth - maybe to focus on developing the site would be enough to keep you focued on the quit itself. Honestly, that IS what some of the others were trying to tell you - if you are focusing on being pissed at them, then that is at least another minute you aren't thinking of stickig that shit back in your lip.

Basically, it comes down to this - Take it or leave it. The site and people here are the way they are..you are member number 13787...that means that 13786 people before you came here and worked on quitting...many of them succeeded and are still here. The site isn't changing for you...you don't have to change for the site...but respecting the methods and those that have succeeded before you would be a good thing...you might even learn a thing or two about quitting...
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline TwoScoreAndTwoUser

• Quitter
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2012, 10:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
Quote from: TwoScoreAndTwoUser
Quote from: redtrain14
*Sigh*

I don't even know where to start with this so, I'll make this short and leave, since I have apparently caused too much drama.

First, if being pissed at me is the first thought in your mind, then going to the store and buying a cope of cope isn't.  In addition, if you are staying quit in spite of me, then I have done my job on both fronts.

Second, if I, the faceless internet troll of a moderator, is the very thing that makes you want to stuff a can of cope in your face, what will you do when the nic bitch is whispering sweet nothings in your ear?  What will you do when your friends call you a pussy and stick a can of cope in your face? 
What will you do?

Will you honor your roll call promise?
Will you hop into chat?
Will you have numbers to call?
Will you call the numbers if necessary?
Will you call the numbers prior to a rough spot just to say, "what's up"?

These are the answers I was looking for, I was only trying to lead you there.

Sorry to muddle up your intro. 

Stay quit.
Redtrain,

Thanks, again, for your intentions. That is sincere. I have thanked you quite a few times, none of it sarcastically.

If you recall way back when, I complimented you on your coat of arms and tried to create some relatedness with you by inquiring about it. I also asked you what "tuebor" meant. For those who do not know what I mean, that is the word below Redtrain's avator. You never did reply about those things. You DID completely repeat my original post "Just because I said not too." From the start, you chose confrontation.

So, bud, take a long look. You ignored my attempts to be your cyber friend, but had no problem jumping in to belittle me. It is easy to hide behind your Internet Moniker. Me? I'm not afraid. I post my real name and my moniker belies my 42 years of stupidity.

As I look back, our differences were never over the words we chose. It was your desire to ignore my attempts at friendship and to dominate me, which I steadfastly refused to let happen. Take a look at what has you be that way.

One, or more, things (I DID promise more rants). Where are the moderators of the moderators? The best forum sites I've visited reign in the moderators when they get out of hand. I've heard NOTHING from the BIG 7. (I think that in all my reading, I saw that this site was stated by 7 addicts looking to make a difference). I DID see a long thread about concerns about BEATING THE ALL TIME NUMBER OF PEOPLE LOGGED IN AT ONE TIME!!!! (November something?) Come on!!! Is it about numbers, or helping those suffering COMPASSIONATELY? And I don't mean namby-pamby coddling. A good kick in the ass is deserved and appreciated at times.

And I NEVER intimated that I wanted to cave to Nicci. I was questioning whether she was the reason I was so upset and angry with you. If you can't READ THAT when it was specifically written that way. step down buddy before you do some damage.

I'll keep my promise to my fellow APRIL sojourners, even though I have "met" VERY FEW. But if anyone wants to think about doing this in another realm, look at DelphiForums. I've only been in the Yamaha Roadliner forum, but the layout is 21st century, things are easy to find, and one would not need to spend tons of hours trying to figure out where to do what. Is there anywhere ON THIS SITE where we've all been polled about what we think the best "Fake Snuff" is? Now, THAT would be helpful.

I get that MOST OF US are kind and committed to each other. Thank all of you for your commitment to strangers. But, how many have left this site, not because of caving, but because of the 20th century ancient layout and the lack of supervision of so called "moderators."

I have NO IDEA if I'd be willing to start the same thing somewhere else. RIght now, I'm just trying to sweat out the first few day's worth of nicotine. BUT, I'd consider it.

Still sweatin'....

Peace...

Paul
You Sir, are an ass.
MORE encouraging words from the Moderators group! This one knows how to be sarcastically polite.
Support our Marines (and all our servicemen) REGARDLESS and IRRESPECTIVE... our B-hole politicians don't

I can roof my barn. I can integrate x/2. I can make non-dense 100% whole wheat honey bread. I can maneuver a 900 lb. 113 Cu. In. Cycle through twisties. I can make children laugh. I can also remain quit... ad infinitum!

We are the few, the proud, the knights who say NI to NI-co-tine!

I AM a non-tobacco chewer/user

• Quitter
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2012, 10:48:00 PM »
Coach,

Didn't mean to ignore you. Everything you said made sense. I GET IT that most of this emanates from my rage over Nicci. BTW: I don't NEED this site to stay quit and if I walk away from those who feel that the way to a successful QUIT is to belittle the NEWBIE, I won't be walking away from my quit. I've already set up a support structure with my fellow Aprilites.

I know what a headache navigating this site has been for me. I CANNOT be alone. How many potential quitters have just walked away because of that? Am I the only one who sees that a more user friendly site would mean more lives saved?

I'm tired of hearing that if I walk away, I'm a caver. Are you serious? Those who do not follow KTC are doomed to failure/death? This site is just that... a site... and one without ANY POWER to do anything without the commitment and love of the resident nic-addics. The power comes from the promises and accountability we give each other. It would be just as easy to text 5 buds each morning with my promise.

No, I'm not on the Know-It-All bus, but I do read, listen, and assimilate as much as I can in my quest for understanding. You, I understood and you made sense. I assimilated your words. No need to question or challenge.

I truly apologize for ignoring you. Never meant to. You just didn't ruffle me feathers. :)

Paul
Support our Marines (and all our servicemen) REGARDLESS and IRRESPECTIVE... our B-hole politicians don't

I can roof my barn. I can integrate x/2. I can make non-dense 100% whole wheat honey bread. I can maneuver a 900 lb. 113 Cu. In. Cycle through twisties. I can make children laugh. I can also remain quit... ad infinitum!

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »
2+, thanks for stirring the shit. This has been a gigantic reminder as to why I love this cult and helping anyone that comes through the door.

PS. I'm digging me some Coach D. More please. And congrats brother.

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2012, 10:06:00 PM »
I'm still willing to chalk most of this up to dip rage and the fog of the suck...I'm hoping that once the fog clears a bit more you use that obvious big brain of yours to see the reality through to fog...

When it comes down to it, 21st century technology isn't going to help you stay any more quit than a swift kick in the nuts via dial-up.

Don't be a pussy and look for reasons to walk away from the quit...it certainly feels like you are setting it up for a reason to leave...

Besides, I tried engaging YOU in your voice and you fuckin ignored me...Doc don't like being ignored when reaching out to a potential brother falling under the wheels of the Know-It-All Bus...
Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
*Sigh*

I don't even know where to start with this so, I'll make this short and leave, since I have apparently caused too much drama.

First, if being pissed at me is the first thought in your mind, then going to the store and buying a cope of cope isn't.  In addition, if you are staying quit in spite of me, then I have done my job on both fronts.

Second, if I, the faceless internet troll of a moderator, is the very thing that makes you want to stuff a can of cope in your face, what will you do when the nic bitch is whispering sweet nothings in your ear?  What will you do when your friends call you a pussy and stick a can of cope in your face? 
What will you do?

Will you hop into chat?

Stay quit.
Redtrain,

Thanks, again, for your intentions. That is sincere. I have thanked you quite a few times, none of it sarcastically.

If you recall way back when, I complimented you on your coat of arms and tried to create some relatedness with you by inquiring about it. I also asked you what "tuebor" meant. For those who do not know what I mean, that is the word below Redtrain's avator. You never did reply about those things. You DID completely repeat my original post "Just because I said not too." From the start, you chose confrontation.

So, bud, take a long look. You ignored my attempts to be your cyber friend, but had no problem jumping in to belittle me. It is easy to hide behind your Internet Moniker. Me? I'm not afraid. I post my real name and my moniker belies my 42 years of stupidity.

As I look back, our differences were never over the words we chose. It was your desire to ignore my attempts at friendship and to dominate me, which I steadfastly refused to let happen. Take a look at what has you be that way.

One, or more, things (I DID promise more rants). Where are the moderators of the moderators? The best forum sites I've visited reign in the moderators when they get out of hand. I've heard NOTHING from the BIG 7. (I think that in all my reading, I saw that this site was stated by 7 addicts looking to make a difference). I DID see a long thread about concerns about BEATING THE ALL TIME NUMBER OF PEOPLE LOGGED IN AT ONE TIME!!!! (November something?) Come on!!! Is it about numbers, or helping those suffering COMPASSIONATELY? And I don't mean namby-pamby coddling. A good kick in the ass is deserved and appreciated at times.

And I NEVER intimated that I wanted to cave to Nicci. I was questioning whether she was the reason I was so upset and angry with you. If you can't READ THAT when it was specifically written that way. step down buddy before you do some damage.

I'll keep my promise to my fellow APRIL sojourners, even though I have "met" VERY FEW. But if anyone wants to think about doing this in another realm, look at DelphiForums. I've only been in the Yamaha Roadliner forum, but the layout is 21st century, things are easy to find, and one would not need to spend tons of hours trying to figure out where to do what. Is there anywhere ON THIS SITE where we've all been polled about what we think the best "Fake Snuff" is? Now, THAT would be helpful.

I get that MOST OF US are kind and committed to each other. Thank all of you for your commitment to strangers. But, how many have left this site, not because of caving, but because of the 20th century ancient layout and the lack of supervision of so called "moderators."

I have NO IDEA if I'd be willing to start the same thing somewhere else. RIght now, I'm just trying to sweat out the first few day's worth of nicotine. BUT, I'd consider it.

Still sweatin'....

Peace...

Paul
You Sir, are an ass.

Offline chewie

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
    • 406Northlane
  • Quit Date: 7.24.2006
  • Interests: quitting, family, digital marketing, beer, whiskey, horror movies... Fucks Given: 0
  • Likes Given: 351
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »
Ironically, this was posted to the KTC blog earlier this afternoon:

2011 – The Best Of The KTC Blog
http://blog.killthecan.org/2012/01/2011 ... -ktc-blog/

All but one have to do with fake dip.

And there's a sub-forum dedicated to smokeless alternatives: http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=290

I've sampled and reviewed just about all of them. My reviews and several others from other quitters can be found here: http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/reviews.asp

Let me know how I can be of further assistance.

chewie
"Every man dies... not every man really lives." - William Wallace

QD - 7.24.06 / HOF - 10.31.06 / 2nd - 2.08.07 / 3rd - 5.19.07 / 4th - 8.27.07 / 5th - 12.05.07 / 6th - 3.14.08 / 7th - 6.22.08 / 8th - 9.30.08 / 9th - 1.08.09 / Comma - 4.18.09 / 11th - 7.27.09 / 12th - 11.04.09 / 13th - 2.12.10 / 14th - 05.23.10 / 15th - 08.31.2010 / 16th - 12.9.10 / 17th - 3.19.11 / 18th - 6.27.11 / 19th - 10.5.11 / 2K - 1.13.12 / 21st - 4.22.12 / 22nd - 7.31.12 / 23rd - 11.8.12 / 24th - 2.16.13 / 25th - 5.27.13 / 26th - 9.4.13 / 27th - 12.12.13 / 28th - 3.24.14 / 29th - 7.1.14 / 3K - 10.9.14 / 31st - 1.17.15 / 32nd - 4.27.15 / 33rd - 8.5.15 / 34th - 9.13.15 / 35th - 2.21.16 / 36th - 5.31.16 / 37th - 9.8.16 / 38th - 12.17.16 / 39th - 3.27.17 / 4K - 7.5.17 / 41st - 10.13.17 / 42nd - 1.21.18 / 43rd - 5.1.18 / 44th - 8.9.18 / 45th - 11.17.18 / 46th - 2.25.19 / 47th - 6.5.19 / 48th - 9.13.19 / 49th - 12.22.19 / 5K - 4.1.20 / 51st - 7.9.20 / 52nd - 10.17.20 / 53rd - 1.25.21 / 54th - 5.5.21 / 55th - 8.13.21 / 56th - 11.21.21 / 57th - 3.1.22 / 58th - 6.9.22 / 59th - 9.17.22 / 6K - 12.26.22 / 61st - 4.5.23 / 62nd - 7.14.23 / 63rd - 10.22.23 / 64th - 1.20.24 / 65th - 5.9.24 / 66th - 8.17.24

Episode III: The Final Quit | 406 Northlane | ScareTissue.com

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2012, 08:46:00 PM »
Interesting......you've done enough research to know the "big 7" and beating the record for users on the site, yet you can't find any info on fake dip? Maybe you should start a new poll. Personally, I never touched the stuff. I figure it would just piss me off. But whatever it takes at this point to keep the real stuff out if your mouth.

I've never put anything on this website as a moderator, only a quitter. However, I'm not guessing you've researched that either. Believe what you will, I don't care.

I believe you now have skin in the game, don't let me down.

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »
Just speaking as one of the "Big 7"...if you don't like the place, feel free to leave. Go to Delphi and create your own quit site. Run it how how you like. Moderate it how you like. Lay it out as you wish.

Please.

• Quitter
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2012, 08:11:00 PM »
*Sigh*

What will you do?

Will you hop into chat?

Stay quit.
Redtrain,

Still sweatin'....

Peace...

Paul

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman
Wow. Can't buy support like this. :)

Welcome aboard 2+2. Reach out if you need anything. These (us) same assholes will rise to the occasion if you need a hand.
I heard somewhere's that iffin you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.
You saying I smell Ready?

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman

Welcome aboard 2+2. Reach out if you need anything. These (us) same assholes will rise to the occasion if you need a hand.
I heard somewhere's that iffin you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »

• Quitter
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2012, 07:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Leahy16
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: Leahy16
Is it just me or are we starting to see more and more and more of the "moderators" become cyber assholes?  We have a quitter here who is clearly making an effort to learn the ways of this site, he posts roll, takes lot of other advice, and yet much of the message from the "official" members of KTC is pretty discouraging.  Is this really necessary?  Is this really the message you want to send?  Didn't we see this last week with another moderator?  What gives?
Are you really insinuating that most of the mods have devolved into "cyber assholes"

Broad brush. Maybe you could be a little more specific.

Yes, I have taken offense.
'Popcorn'
You're more than capable of reading the thread and making your own judgement. If the shoe fits, wear it. If it doesn't, move along.

The point is this quitter is showing some good quit here and there seems to be a lot of hair splitting. That's counter-productive. Seems to me this guy is kicking ass...
nice
OMG Razd! I was ROTFLMFAO. You're sitting back eating popcorn and enjoying all of this! Talk about comic relief!!!! THANKS!!!! You brought quite a smile to my (tobacco-free) face! :D

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2012, 06:49:00 PM »
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: wastepanel

Kinda funny that while we all have the same goal, we will argue with one another over the verbiage which will best help us accomplish that goal.  It is probably Nicci hoping that the argument will cause a schism and send someone into her deadly embrace.
Quite the contrary.

Tell me, what was going through your mind when you were typing your rebuttals?
Are you serious? "Quite the contrary?" Are you purposely trying to raise my ire (and blood pressure)? Because you are (to 160/99).

So, you and I are NOT working toward the same goal?

Or it is not "funny" that we find ourselves arguing over the language we are using toward a similar goal?

Or, it is not the nicotine bitch ("Nicci") which has me arguing with you in hopes that I'll get a fresh can of Cope?

So, either you can't understand what I've written, or you're purposely being a dick. If the former, sorry,but I refuse be someone other than who I am when I write. If the latter, go ahead and justify to yourself all the addicts who are reaching out and leave this site because YOU and your ilk need to play Patton.

But then, what do I know, I'm "just looking down my elongated nose" through my "reading spectacles." AND... I "Don't know shit."

Nice moderating.

BTW: what I intended when I wrote, in case you MISSED IT was I WILL FOLLOW THE ADVICE OF THOSE WHO SUCCEEDED BEFORE ME, but I WILL NOT BLINDLY FOLLOW ANYTHING YOU TELL ME TO DO.

Yeah, I DID understand what was meant. That is WHY I clarified (more than once) that we all have the same goal, but use different words. However, I think it is a tragedy to use a phrase which saw 300 children die unnecessarily. "Just do as I say kiddies. The Kool-aid is tasty and really, you don't know shit."

So, suck my dick faggot. (Translation: I really don't want you to suck my dick and I have no idea if you're a faggot. I just don't need your input, thank you. There are people here who DO get where I am coming from and who DO understand the rage and anxiety I have without some dick-wad making it worse. Translation AGAIN: pick on some other "long nosed professor.")

Paul
(Psstttt....hey. I'm wastepanel. The answer was "not chewing". With all of this typing, you are not thinking about chewing. It's OK man. I'll give ya all the answers you need if you want my help. Just ask.)
Throwing the dog a bone WP, and its not even 5 o'clock yet.
"If you reply to this, please delete the original message. It REALLY bugs me that most of the threads I read have messages which always contain the original message and I can't turn that feature off (that I've found). I know what I've read, thank you, and I'm able to discern what posts people are talking about when they reply. Unnecessary replication of things is a personal pet peeve, and right now, pet peeves seem to enlarge from mice to elephants."
And how does a mouse eat an elephant......One quote at a time.

'crackup'
cyber asshole
:D
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t