Author Topic: lonely road ahead  (Read 31601 times)

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: lonely road ahead
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2015, 11:36:00 AM »
Pab your a Stud.
I quit with you again today!
I believe.....

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2015, 09:18:00 PM »
Quote from: jpetmpls
Quote from: pab1964
As I sit on my back porch reading and posting, I read about Keddy 's friend. I think to myself how fortunate I am to be sitting here able to read, write because 38 years of poison I probably don't deserve to be here. I also read of a young man who is 19 and telling everyone, look I've only been dipping a year but I wanna stop and I'm gonna need help. One week, one year, 10,20, 30 whatever years, 1 day it's all to long. We all struggle daily not just craving but life in general but we manage ,we're fighter's we don't give up! I will never get a trophy for writing but I can promise you my heart is broken sitting here thinking about all these young kids that will never enjoy the pleasures of life that I have because that one day they choose to dip and die an early horrific oral death. Peace to you all and my freedom is due to ktc and all my brothers and sisters! Bk is huge in helping me everyday. Remember we may have to work side by side everyday with that asshole but we don't have to be friends. Quit on!
To me, this is like the last scene in Saving Private Ryan. He tells him to "earn it". That means he's been given an opportunity in life and don't waste it.

Pab, I'm 40. But every time you say something on any thread, all I hear is "earn it". And you know what, I'm gonna do that.

Awesome day for you and proud to be an Ape with ya! Quit on!
Jpetmpls I've never thought much about what you just said but it makes so much sense. I've worked since I was 10 and have earned everything I have, which is not much but damn proud to have what I got! Thanks my friend I have always told my kids you have to earn what you get no one's gonna give it to you. Damn proud to be quit with you my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline jpetmpls

• Quitter
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 01.12.15
  • Interests: Hockey, motorcycles, bar/restaurant business, marathons, trail running. Ingested nicotine profusely in many forms for nearly 22 years
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2015, 09:02:00 PM »
As I sit on my back porch reading and posting, I read about Keddy 's friend. I think to myself how fortunate I am to be sitting here able to read, write because 38 years of poison I probably don't deserve to be here. I also read of a young man who is 19 and telling everyone, look I've only been dipping a year but I wanna stop and I'm gonna need help. One week, one year, 10,20, 30 whatever years, 1 day it's all to long. We all struggle daily not just craving but life in general but we manage ,we're fighter's we don't give up! I will never get a trophy for writing but I can promise you my heart is broken sitting here thinking about all these young kids that will never enjoy the pleasures of life that I have because that one day they choose to dip and die an early horrific oral death. Peace to you all and my freedom is due to ktc and all my brothers and sisters! Bk is huge in helping me everyday. Remember we may have to work side by side everyday with that asshole but we don't have to be friends. Quit on!
To me, this is like the last scene in Saving Private Ryan. He tells him to "earn it". That means he's been given an opportunity in life and don't waste it.

Pab, I'm 40. But every time you say something on any thread, all I hear is "earn it". And you know what, I'm gonna do that.

Awesome day for you and proud to be an Ape with ya! Quit on!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2015, 12:00:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Happy 1st Father's Day of freedom.
Thanks w2w just thankful to be here on God's green earth after 38 years of poisoning my body! My family, My life!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2015, 11:14:00 AM »
Happy 1st Father's Day of freedom.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2015, 10:18:00 AM »

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2015, 07:51:00 AM »
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: TLOC81
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Been a while. Day 141, just wanted to say thanks to all of you guy's and gals for helping me. Without all y'alls support I would have never made it! For that you have saved my life! 141 days of freedom I never really knew. I still have cravings almost every day, but thanks to you all I've learned to grab my sac, man up and say not today bitch I'm hanging with my brothers and sisters! I have said some things in here I regret but mostly I am very proud to be quit and if I have ever offended anyone in anyway I do apologize! For all you young quitters thinking about quitting, waiting can literally kill you! Damn proud to be an ape! Proud to be quit with you all!
So good to see another slave "take" his life back. Freedom ODAAT is real living.
I quit with You Today on Your Day 141!!!!!
ODAAT and NAFAR
You get it Pab! Keep rolling and putting down those numbers. You've dipped for about the same amount of time that I have and we are both lucky to have quit when we did. Those days of luck were running low and it was only a matter of time before those lucky days ran out on us and we would be disfigured statistics if not dead statistics. Never again.... EVER!
Keep paying it forward PAB you are saving lives everyday, including mine and yours!
You've been a badass quitter and have helped tons of people here Pab. Keep it up! Proud to be quit with you my man.
Your intro title is really funny in retrospect. Hardly a lonely road when you quit the right way. And you have!
Damn what a fine list of badass quitters that has replied , thank you all and I will always be indebted to all you guy's! I follow by example so if I'm doing this right it's damn proof that ktc works. Damn proud to be quit with all you badasses!
Well done pup!
adding layers of defense and helping others along the way..... smells like QUIT
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2015, 12:13:00 AM »
Been a while. Day 141, just wanted to say thanks to all of you guy's and gals for helping me. Without all y'alls support I would have never made it! For that you have saved my life! 141 days of freedom I never really knew. I still have cravings almost every day, but thanks to you all I've learned to grab my sac, man up and say not today bitch I'm hanging with my brothers and sisters! I have said some things in here I regret but mostly I am very proud to be quit and if I have ever offended anyone in anyway I do apologize! For all you young quitters thinking about quitting, waiting can literally kill you! Damn proud to be an ape! Proud to be quit with you all!
So good to see another slave "take" his life back. Freedom ODAAT is real living.
ODAAT and NAFAR
You get it Pab! Keep rolling and putting down those numbers. You've dipped for about the same amount of time that I have and we are both lucky to have quit when we did. Those days of luck were running low and it was only a matter of time before those lucky days ran out on us and we would be disfigured statistics if not dead statistics. Never again.... EVER!
Keep paying it forward PAB you are saving lives everyday, including mine and yours!
You've been a badass quitter and have helped tons of people here Pab. Keep it up! Proud to be quit with you my man.
Your intro title is really funny in retrospect. Hardly a lonely road when you quit the right way. And you have!
Damn what a fine list of badass quitters that has replied , thank you all and I will always be indebted to all you guy's! I follow by example so if I'm doing this right it's damn proof that ktc works. Damn proud to be quit with all you badasses!
Well done pup!
I believe.....

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2015, 11:27:00 PM »
ODAAT and NAFAR

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2015, 07:21:00 PM »
ODAAT and NAFAR

Offline TLOC81

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-13
  • Interests: Quitting chewing tobacco for good
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2015, 02:49:00 PM »
ODAAT and NAFAR
Tedx on addiction
Transcending addiction Tedx

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it a thousand times. -Mark Twain

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2015, 10:39:00 AM »
ODAAT and NAFAR
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2015, 09:00:00 AM »
ODAAT and NAFAR

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2015, 11:57:00 AM »
ODAAT and NAFAR
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2015, 11:28:00 AM »