Author Topic: Intro....  (Read 10385 times)

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Intro....
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2013, 01:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Morgan1

Well here I am a little over a year in. Only 25 more to break even... :angry: 26 years of stupidity....ah well....one day at a time right?

Latest observations of KTC :

The ranks of badass quitters continues to grow. I see guys like JakeFrawley, Applejack, and Erussell all over the site. Not missing roll, encouraging new quits, and being involved. The importance of those 3 things cannot be overstated early on. Posting roll is sacred. If you aren't taking it seriously, then you aren't taking your quit seriously and damn sure aren't taking other people's quits and support seriously. Early on being aggressive is the way to go. I applaud the guys I mentioned above and anyone else fitting this mold. Your chances for success significantly outweigh the guy who misses roll 3 times a week and doesn't have any sort of personal relationship with any fellow quitters.

I see the usual BS about quitting tomorrow. I see the the BS excuses about computers being broken, being out of town, everyone here is a dick and unsupportive, forgetting to post etc. Fuck all that noise. Man up and quit the way we quit here or else go somewhere else. I don't discourage anyone from quitting in their own fashion - somewhere else. Want to reinvent the wheel? That's great - do it elsewhere. You want to quit here? Have the respect that every other quitter on this site deserves and get with the program. There is no doubt KTC can be crude, gruff, rude, insensitive, unsympathetic, hardass, and downright nasty at times. If that isn't for you then find an alternative location because it is what it is. You know what else it is? Supportive. Accountability driven. There are people here that I will NEVER meet that I call friends. People I KNOW I can count on to help me with anything I need if it's within their power.

The site is growing by leaps and bounds. I can only imagine what a guy like Franpro or Loot thinks when they look at all the new names here. At 370 days I'm a newbie to them just like a guy posting day one is a newbie to me. It's hard to keep track of everyone, you aren't gonna know everyone. I missed getting to know a whole group of fantastic quitters like WMcatty, IZphillister, Halldogau, Spartanron, etc. I'm aware of their presence though. I'm aware of the good they do here. I've spoken briefly to a couple of em in chat. Point is, guys like this strengthen my quit because I know they are in my corner even if I don't know them. I know if I'm in a tight spot who the go to guys are even outside of my circle (which is large).

As always there is a standing invitation to ANY quitter that wants to swap phone numbers. PM me if you want another contact. New guys be forewarned I have zero tolerance for missing roll ESPECIALLY if you have my number b/c then I know you could have texted me and I could've posted for you.

Last but not least :

"The suck" was the 26 years I spent dipping before liberating myself through the pages and people here at KTC and not the first 3 days of my quit. Own your quit folks not the other way around.

Knowing guys like you have my back even if, like you said, I don't know you... Priceless bro. Thank you and... Proud to quit with you!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2013, 12:40:00 PM »

Well here I am a little over a year in. Only 25 more to break even... :angry: 26 years of stupidity....ah well....one day at a time right?

Latest observations of KTC :

The ranks of badass quitters continues to grow. I see guys like JakeFrawley, Applejack, and Erussell all over the site. Not missing roll, encouraging new quits, and being involved. The importance of those 3 things cannot be overstated early on. Posting roll is sacred. If you aren't taking it seriously, then you aren't taking your quit seriously and damn sure aren't taking other people's quits and support seriously. Early on being aggressive is the way to go. I applaud the guys I mentioned above and anyone else fitting this mold. Your chances for success significantly outweigh the guy who misses roll 3 times a week and doesn't have any sort of personal relationship with any fellow quitters.

I see the usual BS about quitting tomorrow. I see the the BS excuses about computers being broken, being out of town, everyone here is a dick and unsupportive, forgetting to post etc. Fuck all that noise. Man up and quit the way we quit here or else go somewhere else. I don't discourage anyone from quitting in their own fashion - somewhere else. Want to reinvent the wheel? That's great - do it elsewhere. You want to quit here? Have the respect that every other quitter on this site deserves and get with the program. There is no doubt KTC can be crude, gruff, rude, insensitive, unsympathetic, hardass, and downright nasty at times. If that isn't for you then find an alternative location because it is what it is. You know what else it is? Supportive. Accountability driven. There are people here that I will NEVER meet that I call friends. People I KNOW I can count on to help me with anything I need if it's within their power.

The site is growing by leaps and bounds. I can only imagine what a guy like Franpro or Loot thinks when they look at all the new names here. At 370 days I'm a newbie to them just like a guy posting day one is a newbie to me. It's hard to keep track of everyone, you aren't gonna know everyone. I missed getting to know a whole group of fantastic quitters like WMcatty, IZphillister, Halldogau, Spartanron, etc. I'm aware of their presence though. I'm aware of the good they do here. I've spoken briefly to a couple of em in chat. Point is, guys like this strengthen my quit because I know they are in my corner even if I don't know them. I know if I'm in a tight spot who the go to guys are even outside of my circle (which is large).

As always there is a standing invitation to ANY quitter that wants to swap phone numbers. PM me if you want another contact. New guys be forewarned I have zero tolerance for missing roll ESPECIALLY if you have my number b/c then I know you could have texted me and I could've posted for you.

Last but not least :

"The suck" was the 26 years I spent dipping before liberating myself through the pages and people here at KTC and not the first 3 days of my quit. Own your quit folks not the other way around.
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2013, 08:20:00 PM »

For you guys that are in the first few days of your quit know that it can be done. Today 3 badass quitters all hit big milestones on the journey.

CMark - 1 year
Bruce - 500
Whsii - 600

It doesn't mean they are cured. It doesn't mean the battle is over. What it means is that with a determined effort and some accountability to others you can quit using tobacco today. Then you can do it again the next day. And the day after that. Those days will continue to add up. Eventually the day will be 365 or 500 or 600. There is only one way to get there - one day at a time. If you are struggling or you believe that you cannot do it I encourage you to explore some other quit groups and see that it CAN be done.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2013, 02:16:00 AM »

I dish it out as much as anyone on KTC so I damn sure better be able to take it right? Well, I can and I do. But my intro being hijacked annoys me. Yeah it was funny at first but now I don't think it's funny. My intro is a journal of my trials, victories, and adventures on the quit road not a fucking spot for cheap laughs and changing posts. Fuck off to the funnyman. So now that that is off my chest........

One week ago I was out.....had a few drinks....maybe even one too many. I was never in danger of caving, but I did start romanticizing the idea of a big fatty. Scary shit for me. The first step down a slippery fuckin slope. The way I have stayed quit for 291 days after over 9,000 days dipping is that I have buried the notion that dipping was ever enjoyable. I understand that it's all a lie. An illusion. Smoke and mirrors used by big tobacco and Queen Nikki to steal your money and your life. Fuck the both of them. Having said that, even big time quits have to stay vigilant. I'm not gonna go so far as to say I had a big time crave - maybe I did though - but more so that I simply believed for a few minutes that a dip wasn't such a bad option.

Recognizing my weak moment I immediately sent a text out to some bamfers of quit who immediately set me straight.

Jaginvest told me right away "You do not have my permission to cave" without me asking.

Wastepanel and Sportsfan blew up my phone and I spoke to both of them.

Vadge, Kstamp, and SirDerek all responded with stern but concerned messages about keeping my game tight.

The point here is that KTC works. People here have your best interests in mind even when you do not. I have been less active here than I have been in the past. It's an easy trap to fall into. Stay involved. Talk to people everyday. Make friends. Be accountable and hold others accountable. Just quit baby.
Morgan just speaking freely...I really like you and dig your style! I'll quit and be your wing man any day and twice on Sunday.

Simply a fan. 'Sing and Drink'
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2013, 12:26:00 AM »
Quote from: jaynellie
Absolutely freaking BEAUTIFUL stuff right there. That is what it's all about here, god damn don't you smell it, don't you feel, don't you taste it. Here is a bad-ass quitter almost at a year quit and he still relies on his quit brotherhood. Gives me chills to think how awesome that will feel when I need to call on huddy or sportsfan to keep me on the straight and narrow. How awesome it will be to know that my brothers have my back just like I have there's. Thanks for sharing Morgan and I hope more than me and a few other readers understand exactly what you just threw down. Proud to be quit with you !!
Yes. X2

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2013, 11:55:00 PM »
Absolutely freaking BEAUTIFUL stuff right there. That is what it's all about here, god damn don't you smell it, don't you feel, don't you taste it. Here is a bad-ass quitter almost at a year quit and he still relies on his quit brotherhood. Gives me chills to think how awesome that will feel when I need to call on huddy or sportsfan to keep me on the straight and narrow. How awesome it will be to know that my brothers have my back just like I have there's. Thanks for sharing Morgan and I hope more than me and a few other readers understand exactly what you just threw down. Proud to be quit with you !!
"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2013, 10:44:00 PM »

I dish it out as much as anyone on KTC so I damn sure better be able to take it right? Well, I can and I do. But my intro being hijacked annoys me. Yeah it was funny at first but now I don't think it's funny. My intro is a journal of my trials, victories, and adventures on the quit road not a fucking spot for cheap laughs and changing posts. Fuck off to the funnyman. So now that that is off my chest........

One week ago I was out.....had a few drinks....maybe even one too many. I was never in danger of caving, but I did start romanticizing the idea of a big fatty. Scary shit for me. The first step down a slippery fuckin slope. The way I have stayed quit for 291 days after over 9,000 days dipping is that I have buried the notion that dipping was ever enjoyable. I understand that it's all a lie. An illusion. Smoke and mirrors used by big tobacco and Queen Nikki to steal your money and your life. Fuck the both of them. Having said that, even big time quits have to stay vigilant. I'm not gonna go so far as to say I had a big time crave - maybe I did though - but more so that I simply believed for a few minutes that a dip wasn't such a bad option.

Recognizing my weak moment I immediately sent a text out to some bamfers of quit who immediately set me straight.

Jaginvest told me right away "You do not have my permission to cave" without me asking.

Wastepanel and Sportsfan blew up my phone and I spoke to both of them.

Vadge, Kstamp, and SirDerek all responded with stern but concerned messages about keeping my game tight.

The point here is that KTC works. People here have your best interests in mind even when you do not. I have been less active here than I have been in the past. It's an easy trap to fall into. Stay involved. Talk to people everyday. Make friends. Be accountable and hold others accountable. Just quit baby.

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2013, 10:12:00 PM »
Poof

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2013, 11:01:00 PM »
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: Smokeyg
i love cock
Oh Morgan, you silly little bitch you.
'crackup'
Assholes.....hahahaha
Did you have something else to say or was that it?
No you guys said it already I think.
'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup' 'crackup'

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2013, 10:56:00 PM »
i love cock
'crackup'
Assholes.....hahahaha
No you guys said it already I think.

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2013, 10:53:00 PM »
i love cock
'crackup'
Assholes.....hahahaha
Make Your Decision

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »
i love cock
'crackup'
Assholes.....hahahaha

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »
i love cock
'crackup'
Make Your Decision

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro