Author Topic: Scared to death  (Read 8410 times)

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Scared to death
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2014, 06:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: Cindy
Today I just realized I have started to forget that I "need" to have something in my mouth. This is awesome because it has been one of my main concerns
Smeds is right, you're killing it!
Your tongue and teeth are the only things you need in there.
GO Cindy! Great day for you! You've got this! And all of us are here to stand behind you! You will have many "first's" so embrace them, use them to add to your quit and fuel your fight!
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2014, 06:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Today I just realized I have started to forget that I "need" to have something in my mouth. This is awesome because it has been one of my main concerns
Your tongue and teeth are the only things you need in there.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2014, 05:54:00 PM »

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-23
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2014, 05:48:00 PM »
QLF ODAAT..

When you stop quitting hard, you forget how hard it was.

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2014, 01:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Smeds
Cindy,

Just wanted to drop in here and tell you how much I admire the quit you're rocking! Keep it up, freedom is a wonderful thing ... proud to quit along side of you EDD!
Thank you :)
QLF ODAAT..

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2014, 08:22:00 AM »
Cindy,

Just wanted to drop in here and tell you how much I admire the quit you're rocking! Keep it up, freedom is a wonderful thing ... proud to quit along side of you EDD!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2014, 09:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: Ginet
Cindy, I used fake until about day 215, and then I didn't want it anymore. It would be late at night and I'd realize that I didn't even use it today. I've had a can now for a few weeks. I am not ready to get rid of it completely. I keep it in my car because that is the one time that craves still creep up on me. Like everyone has said, you will eventually have to get rid of the oral fixation as well, but most importantly, do whatever you have to do to keep that shit out of your face!

Remember - my husband is an active Copenhagen user. I thought it was going to be my worst obstacle, always have the poison within arms reach at all times, but the difference is Cindy, we made the decision that we DID NOT WANT IT. Our physical and mental withdrawals are there for awhile but we won't let anything get in the way of our quits. My husband asked me to "pick up a can at the store for him" one day. Let's say it didn't end well for Mr. G. He loads his lip in front of me all the time. Early on, I would really notice the smell as a luring thing....I had to leave the room to fight my temptation. No I smell it and want to throw up. Make some boundaries for yourself and let them be known. You CANNOT make him quit but you can make your quit stronger by giving rules such as: Do not ask me to buy for you. I will not. Do not chew in my car. This is my car and it is nicotine free/bottle free/ and little dip droppings free. Do not put your cans in the fridge. If I see them there I will throw them away. Do not leave your cans around the house, The safest place for them is in your pocket. I will throw them away. etc....etc....etc... If you need more help dealing with having an active addict around, please call me. I know this part really well. Anything to help you stay quit. That is my goal. That is what I to you because of the hundreds of people that helped save my life. This is why this place works.

Use the fake as long as you need to.

Quit on girl
This^^^^^^^is why this site works. That advice is so spot on for what you are dealing with Cindy. Use it. In terms of fake dip, I started using regularly from day 20 to day 250, and then just like Ginet said, I stopped....and it wasn't really a conscious decision. So don't worry about that. I love your enthusiasm.....keep it up.
Thank y'all
QLF ODAAT..

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
Cindy, I used fake until about day 215, and then I didn't want it anymore. It would be late at night and I'd realize that I didn't even use it today. I've had a can now for a few weeks. I am not ready to get rid of it completely. I keep it in my car because that is the one time that craves still creep up on me. Like everyone has said, you will eventually have to get rid of the oral fixation as well, but most importantly, do whatever you have to do to keep that shit out of your face!

Remember - my husband is an active Copenhagen user. I thought it was going to be my worst obstacle, always have the poison within arms reach at all times, but the difference is Cindy, we made the decision that we DID NOT WANT IT. Our physical and mental withdrawals are there for awhile but we won't let anything get in the way of our quits. My husband asked me to "pick up a can at the store for him" one day. Let's say it didn't end well for Mr. G. He loads his lip in front of me all the time. Early on, I would really notice the smell as a luring thing....I had to leave the room to fight my temptation. No I smell it and want to throw up. Make some boundaries for yourself and let them be known. You CANNOT make him quit but you can make your quit stronger by giving rules such as: Do not ask me to buy for you. I will not. Do not chew in my car. This is my car and it is nicotine free/bottle free/ and little dip droppings free. Do not put your cans in the fridge. If I see them there I will throw them away. Do not leave your cans around the house, The safest place for them is in your pocket. I will throw them away. etc....etc....etc... If you need more help dealing with having an active addict around, please call me. I know this part really well. Anything to help you stay quit. That is my goal. That is what I to you because of the hundreds of people that helped save my life. This is why this place works.

Quit on girl
This^^^^^^^is why this site works. That advice is so spot on for what you are dealing with Cindy. Use it. In terms of fake dip, I started using regularly from day 20 to day 250, and then just like Ginet said, I stopped....and it wasn't really a conscious decision. So don't worry about that. I love your enthusiasm.....keep it up.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2014, 08:57:00 PM »
Dr. Sleep was a decent sequel to the Shining, best King book in a long time.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2014, 07:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Menace

Quit on girl
Solid Right There....if you feel the urge Cindy, you have to call Ginet first to get permission....Goodluck with that...:.?
Lol! Yes he has already figured out I will not go in the store to buy his snuff. I go in and get my fake. Then he goes in and gets his cat shit. I also don't provide him with clean spit bottles anymore. I think soon, something will crawl out of his spitter and crawl up his nose or something and I will witness something akin to a Stephen King novel. Haha
QLF ODAAT..

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2014, 06:48:00 PM »

Quit on girl
Solid Right There....if you feel the urge Cindy, you have to call Ginet first to get permission....Goodluck with that...:.?
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2014, 06:31:00 PM »

Quit on girl
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2014, 07:22:00 AM »
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Skoal
I like this quit.

Hi Cindy,

Quitting can be as easy or as hard as you choose to make it. This is all mental, chess not checkers ya know. Some things that will help.

Exercise- even just a walk around the block and back. This will reduce both the frequency and intensity of craves. It helps beat the funk and gets the chemicals out of your system faster.

Blood sugar - keep it steady, a sugar crash will lead to a crave- SIP on sweet juice throughout the day and balance that with some protein.

Caffeine- Cut it in half from what you drank prior to quitting. Nicotine counteracts caffeine, you need to cut back a bit or your gonna be jumpier than a rabbit in a trampoline factory.

mindset - What would you do to save your own life? If you were fighting cancer today would you suffer through Chemo, surgeries, try new a therapy? change your diet, go to church? What intolerable hell
would you endure to simply live. When you have thought long and hard about that, think on this. Why not apply that attitude to your quit. Suffer through the temporary discomfort of withdrawl to
achieve your freedom from a slow painful demise via nicotine. Your in the ring already- fight like you mean it.

Time- - This is going to suck until it doesn't. and then it wont. Keep taking it one day at a time, any fool can stay quit for a day. If myself and this collective crew of numbskulls can do it then so can you.

Hubby - your not quitting for him, your quitting for you. Having the temptation around is NOT A GOOD ENOUGH EXCUSE for you to fail. He only mocks you because he is too scared to quit himself. Prove how easy it is to him
and he will follow. But this is for you, and you alone.

Fred Astaire is widely considered one of the best dancers that ever was, but don't forget that his partner Ginger Rogers was dancing backwards in high heels. Keep dancing Cindy, you got this

sM

^^ QUIT GOLD ^^^
You control the how and the what of your quit
Thanks! I know hubby dipping isn't an excuse to fail. And I don't have any desire to fail. I just have a hard time not using fake when he is around. I know that's ok it's just frustrating, because I feel like I probably would end up caving right now without it, but anything is better than using real so I guess I will have minty fresh breath at all times for the time being.
I used Hooch Spitfire like it was my job for the first 250+ days. I packed it like it was 'Hagen. Before I found Hooch, I used coffe grounds mixed wit Tabasco. My wife never used tobacco. I don't know anyone that uses it. Point is, you do WHATEVER you have to to stay Quit.

One day, I just forgot to put a fake dip in. That was it. Never bought another can. Now, I do use Oregon Mint Pouches from time to time, but that's not for craves, that's just to kill coffee breath.

You can do this. Stay Close. Stay Strong. Stay Quit.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2014, 10:37:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65
I like this quit.

Hi Cindy,

Quitting can be as easy or as hard as you choose to make it. This is all mental, chess not checkers ya know. Some things that will help.

Exercise- even just a walk around the block and back. This will reduce both the frequency and intensity of craves. It helps beat the funk and gets the chemicals out of your system faster.

Blood sugar - keep it steady, a sugar crash will lead to a crave- SIP on sweet juice throughout the day and balance that with some protein.

Caffeine- Cut it in half from what you drank prior to quitting. Nicotine counteracts caffeine, you need to cut back a bit or your gonna be jumpier than a rabbit in a trampoline factory.

mindset - What would you do to save your own life? If you were fighting cancer today would you suffer through Chemo, surgeries, try new a therapy? change your diet, go to church? What intolerable hell
would you endure to simply live. When you have thought long and hard about that, think on this. Why not apply that attitude to your quit. Suffer through the temporary discomfort of withdrawl to
achieve your freedom from a slow painful demise via nicotine. Your in the ring already- fight like you mean it.

Time- - This is going to suck until it doesn't. and then it wont. Keep taking it one day at a time, any fool can stay quit for a day. If myself and this collective crew of numbskulls can do it then so can you.

Hubby - your not quitting for him, your quitting for you. Having the temptation around is NOT A GOOD ENOUGH EXCUSE for you to fail. He only mocks you because he is too scared to quit himself. Prove how easy it is to him

Fred Astaire is widely considered one of the best dancers that ever was, but don't forget that his partner Ginger Rogers was dancing backwards in high heels. Keep dancing Cindy, you got this

sM

^^ QUIT GOLD ^^^
Thanks! I know hubby dipping isn't an excuse to fail. And I don't have any desire to fail. I just have a hard time not using fake when he is around. I know that's ok it's just frustrating, because I feel like I probably would end up caving right now without it, but anything is better than using real so I guess I will have minty fresh breath at all times for the time being.
QLF ODAAT..

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »
I like this quit.

Hi Cindy,

sM

^^ QUIT GOLD ^^^
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance