Author Topic: Scared to death  (Read 8408 times)

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Scared to death
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2014, 03:17:00 PM »
I like this quit.

Hi Cindy,

Quitting can be as easy or as hard as you choose to make it. This is all mental, chess not checkers ya know. Some things that will help.

Exercise- even just a walk around the block and back. This will reduce both the frequency and intensity of craves. It helps beat the funk and gets the chemicals out of your system faster.

Blood sugar - keep it steady, a sugar crash will lead to a crave- SIP on sweet juice throughout the day and balance that with some protein.

Caffeine- Cut it in half from what you drank prior to quitting. Nicotine counteracts caffeine, you need to cut back a bit or your gonna be jumpier than a rabbit in a trampoline factory.

mindset - What would you do to save your own life? If you were fighting cancer today would you suffer through Chemo, surgeries, try new a therapy? change your diet, go to church? What intolerable hell
would you endure to simply live. When you have thought long and hard about that, think on this. Why not apply that attitude to your quit. Suffer through the temporary discomfort of withdrawl to
achieve your freedom from a slow painful demise via nicotine. Your in the ring already- fight like you mean it.

Time- - This is going to suck until it doesn't. and then it wont. Keep taking it one day at a time, any fool can stay quit for a day. If myself and this collective crew of numbskulls can do it then so can you.

Hubby - your not quitting for him, your quitting for you. Having the temptation around is NOT A GOOD ENOUGH EXCUSE for you to fail. He only mocks you because he is too scared to quit himself. Prove how easy it is to him
and he will follow. But this is for you, and you alone.

Fred Astaire is widely considered one of the best dancers that ever was, but don't forget that his partner Ginger Rogers was dancing backwards in high heels. Keep dancing Cindy, you got this

sM
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-23
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2014, 02:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Menace
Quote from: Cindy
Quote from: rainfire
I'm sorry your husband doesn't want to quit too and it might be harder for you with him dipping around you, but keep quit.
We will all tell you, the journey isn't easy, but the payoff is worth it.
Some days are harder than other, but if you wake up every morning and make the promise to be quit today, everyone here will support you and we will quit with you today too.
Thank you. My husband dipping does make it hard sometimes, however I am starting to feel bad for him because I know how much better I feel now and I see in him that he is scared to quit, he still believes the nicotine is doing him some sort of favor. Levels him out or something.
We have all thought that and that is because nicotine is an addiction. Your quitting is the best example for him, no nagging, no bragging, just quitting one day at a time. Hopefully he eventually sees it and comes in here to check it out. Maybe leave the KTC site up on the computer screen when you walk away sometimes. Might get his curiosity up.....quit with you today.
Good idea. Thanks
QLF ODAAT..

When you stop quitting hard, you forget how hard it was.

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2014, 09:51:00 PM »
I'm sorry your husband doesn't want to quit too and it might be harder for you with him dipping around you, but keep quit.
Some days are harder than other, but if you wake up every morning and make the promise to be quit today, everyone here will support you and we will quit with you today too.
Thank you. My husband dipping does make it hard sometimes, however I am starting to feel bad for him because I know how much better I feel now and I see in him that he is scared to quit, he still believes the nicotine is doing him some sort of favor. Levels him out or something.
We have all thought that and that is because nicotine is an addiction. Your quitting is the best example for him, no nagging, no bragging, just quitting one day at a time. Hopefully he eventually sees it and comes in here to check it out. Maybe leave the KTC site up on the computer screen when you walk away sometimes. Might get his curiosity up.....quit with you today.
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2014, 08:36:00 PM »
QLF ODAAT..

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »
I ordered a roll of Holt herbal snuff. I ordered it Friday or Saturday, not sure. Anyway I just got it in the mail! I like it. It tastes clean, almost healthy? Anyway will definitely be using this until I get past the need to use fake. Great stuff
QLF ODAAT..

Offline rainfire

• Quitter
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2014, 02:28:00 AM »

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2014, 01:07:00 AM »
Today was much better than yesterday. Even though I had some drama going on I just went and took a nap and woke up feeling good. No bad cravings today. Yay! Progress!
You inspire me. Keep up the good quit. I'm happy to quit with you today.

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2014, 08:46:00 PM »
Today was much better than yesterday. Even though I had some drama going on I just went and took a nap and woke up feeling good. No bad cravings today. Yay! Progress!
QLF ODAAT..

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2014, 10:02:00 PM »
Thank you
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »
Thank you
QLF ODAAT..

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »
Yep. We got this ^~^
Quitting today with you
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2014, 01:08:00 PM »
Yep. We got this ^~^
QLF ODAAT..

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2014, 12:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Nolaq
I keep waiting for the shit storm to hit again.
...it's coming...brace yourself.
Nothing gets in the way of your quit! Walls up. Guard up. It's there. Lurking. Waiting. When it hits, you will be ready. And when you need more fire power, you call me.

Game on

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2014, 08:11:00 AM »
I keep waiting for the shit storm to hit again.
...it's coming...brace yourself.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2014, 10:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Ginet
I feel better today. I have a lot more energy than I have had in a very long time. I'm not sure how that is or how that works but I'm not complaining.
Hey Cindy....did you read what to expect when you quit? Lots of useful info....and it's nice to know that while you may not have this happen to you day for day or word for word, when it or if it does, you are not losing your mind.

Keep quitting like a girl darlin'

http://www.killthecan.org/your-quit/wha ... t-dipping/
Yes I am a little mind-blown that I feel so good. I keep waiting for the shit storm to hit again.
Just be mindful that you can go the complete opposite at anytime. Enjoy the nice days but yes, the shit storm will come around again. That's when you come in here....go to chat or use my number.

Keep on being strong!

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute