Author Topic: Time for a proper introduction  (Read 21196 times)

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time for a proper introduction
« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2012, 03:39:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: mfkuss
Quote from: Parputt
Quote from: Scowick65

Dear Potential Quitter,

I see your name at the bottom of the page. My quit brothers see you too. We see you all the time. We see you every single day. Know this, we were once you. Enslaved, but with enough motivation to surf the internet to find an answer.

I have the answer. Like so many things, the answer is simple but its execution is difficult. Difficult? Yes, but so worth it. What is the answer? Join this site and post a promise to not use nicotine today. Then you honor the promise. 1 day at a time. We quit just 1 day at a time. You can quit for a day can't you?

The day I posted roll for first time a burden was lifted from my shoulders. I quit says Scowick, I quit. Relief.

There were many times afterwards when I struggled, but there was always someone to reach out to. Something to read and learn from. Someone here that inspired me. I realized I was not alone. Better yet, I met so many people like me that were willing to do so much to help me gain myself back. Slowly, I transformed myself from a drug user to a recovering addict. I am so much happier.

Join me? You were meant to read this. You belong here. Now.
Yes YOU reading this right now. Sco is talking to you
At first I thought you were talking to me, but it must be the other guy reading this post....I am no potential quitter...

I AM FUCKING QUIT!!

Proud to be quit with you all today!!
Solid advice.

Don't piss Scowick off. You heard him. NOW is the time. No more fucking around.
Wise words. I am here. I am quit. What are you waiting for, potential quitter?

Well said, Scowick.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #185 on: October 08, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »
Quote from: mfkuss

Dear Potential Quitter,

I see your name at the bottom of the page. My quit brothers see you too. We see you all the time. We see you every single day. Know this, we were once you. Enslaved, but with enough motivation to surf the internet to find an answer.

I have the answer. Like so many things, the answer is simple but its execution is difficult. Difficult? Yes, but so worth it. What is the answer? Join this site and post a promise to not use nicotine today. Then you honor the promise. 1 day at a time. We quit just 1 day at a time. You can quit for a day can't you?

The day I posted roll for first time a burden was lifted from my shoulders. I quit says Scowick, I quit. Relief.

There were many times afterwards when I struggled, but there was always someone to reach out to. Something to read and learn from. Someone here that inspired me. I realized I was not alone. Better yet, I met so many people like me that were willing to do so much to help me gain myself back. Slowly, I transformed myself from a drug user to a recovering addict. I am so much happier.

At first I thought you were talking to me, but it must be the other guy reading this post....I am no potential quitter...

I AM FUCKING QUIT!!

Solid advice.

Don't piss Scowick off. You heard him. NOW is the time. No more fucking around.

Offline mfkuss

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Movies, Spending time with my family
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #184 on: October 08, 2012, 09:11:00 PM »

Dear Potential Quitter,

I AM FUCKING QUIT!!

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #183 on: October 08, 2012, 09:06:00 PM »

Dear Potential Quitter,

QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #182 on: October 08, 2012, 07:05:00 PM »

Dear Potential Quitter,

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2012, 12:02:00 PM »
The day I admitted I was addicted to nicotine was the day I controlled nicotine instead of nicotine controlling me. It does not make quitting easy, it just means I call the shots.
Brilliantly subtle and accurate

QLAFM w/you any day Sco, including today

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #180 on: August 31, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »
The day I admitted I was addicted to nicotine was the day I controlled nicotine instead of nicotine controlling me. It does not make quitting easy, it just means I call the shots.

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #179 on: August 26, 2012, 07:55:00 PM »

My Radioactive Decay

My new quit was a highly unstable, high-energy brain so wired for nicotine and deprived of its drug that it was dangerous. Caution, Radioactive; Pure Hell, the Fog.

Soon enough I hit a half-life. More stable yet still radioactive. Cravings, irritability, insomnia, fatigue, inability to concentrate, headaches and sore throats.

And on it went. Day after day. Half-life after half-life. 1st floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor... More stable, less radioactive, but never benign. The rate of decay was always predictable, yet impossible to predict.

You never have to be in danger again.

Post your promise.
Stay vigilant.
Protect your quit.
Refuse to cave.
damned nice way to look at it, sco.

plus 4 powerful sentences that should be every quitter's mantra.
Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23; 47th floor- 3/27/24.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #178 on: August 26, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »

I have seen a drive by quitter. I have never seen a drive by cancer.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »

Like the first monkey shot into space. Without pain, without sacrifice, We would have nothing.  ~ Tyler Durden

Offline rgross298

• Quitter
  • F Tobacco.
  • Quit Date: 02/19/2012
« Reply #176 on: August 03, 2012, 08:52:00 AM »

My Radioactive Decay

My new quit was a highly unstable, high-energy brain so wired for nicotine and deprived of its drug that it was dangerous. Caution, Radioactive; Pure Hell, the Fog.

Soon enough I hit a half-life. More stable yet still radioactive. Cravings, irritability, insomnia, fatigue, inability to concentrate, headaches and sore throats.

And on it went. Day after day. Half-life after half-life. 1st floor, 2nd floor, 3rd floor... More stable, less radioactive, but never benign. The rate of decay was always predictable, yet impossible to predict.

Post your promise.
Stay vigilant.
Protect your quit.
Refuse to cave.
Kick an addiction, and pick up on some elementary physics concepts. Plus a whole lot more.

What's not to love about KTC?

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2012, 07:41:00 AM »

All things are created twice. Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise. Post roll everyday.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #174 on: July 02, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »

My Radioactive Decay

Post your promise.
Stay vigilant.
Protect your quit.
Refuse to cave.
'clap'

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #173 on: July 02, 2012, 01:26:00 PM »

My Radioactive Decay

Post your promise.
Stay vigilant.
Protect your quit.
Refuse to cave.

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »
Quote from: Aglawyer
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: Luby
Quote from: DennyX
Quote from: Ready

400 days ago I dumped you.  I remember it vividly.  I pulled you out of the map-compartment of my car, dashed in the December sunlight to a trashcan and tossed you.  I had no quit plan. I had no clue.  There was no farewell speech.  There was no drama.  I simply tossed you and drove away.

You, however, had a plan.  You executed it relentlessly.  You kept me up at night.  When I did sleep you played nightmares.  You were there every time I got in the car.  I saw you at the gas station.  You sat by me on the couch.  You showed up every time my wife left the house.  You accompanied me all day at work and hopped in the car for my commute home.  You did not go quietly; you were constantly whispering in my ear.

3 weeks into my quit I joined KTC.  Remember how pissed you were?  When I posted roll you knew this was a game changer.  I was playing to win.  I now had access to knowledge.  I had access to a plan.  I had access to support.  I was greeted immediately by Ready, Greg, Mike A, and Banner.   Oh, I remember.  You threw a big fit.  You gave me rage, cravings, fatigue, the fog, stupors, headaches and sore throats.

As time passed I began to realize you were the devil.  I realized that something that makes you feel so bad when you refrain from using it can’t be all that good.  I began to hate you.  I mean really really hate you.  No more reminiscing of the old times.  No nostalgia.  So, of course, you threw a big fit.  You gave me depression, the blahs and the blues. 

This meant war. Game on.   I now had a purpose.  I was not satisfied just to dump you.  I wanted to wreck every other relationship you had.  Every relationship.  I would wait for new quitters on the boards.  I took great pride in pointing out your lies.  I enjoyed destroying your grip on others.  That is how I met folks like Corn, Miles, Peace, Rocket, Dante, LLCope, Tazz, Luby and Poker just to name a few. 

At day 400, your fits are far and few between.  They are no longer class 5 hurricanes.  At day 400, my greatest challenge is to simply remember who I am.  I am not a unique and special butterfly; I am a drug addict.

Thank you to Souliman, Ready, Chewie, 30, Greg, Luke, Mike A, drome, TCOPE, Show, Mattyc, gmann, J2B, NOLAQ, ODAAT, Corn, Miles, Peace, Rocket, Rodog, Redog, Dante, Cope, Tazz, Ag, Luby, Parputt, Mjollinir and others I simply fail to name.
Today is day 500. This still sums it up.
Congrats on the half Comma brudda.
That's amazing, thanks for the inspiration, Sco.
You have been an awesome supporter and an inspiration for all of my 283 days, thank you.
Thanks for all the support, Sco.
Awesome.

Period.
Great job and an even better job of paying it forward here. Thanks for your presence.
I second that, you are an outstanding quitter and supporter. My quit is stronger because of you. Thanks.
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14