Author Topic: Time for a proper introduction  (Read 21197 times)

Offline LLCope

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Time for a proper introduction
« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2012, 05:50:00 AM »
:D
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can do without" HD Thoreau

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2012, 09:02:00 AM »
'clap' 'clap'

Outstanding!!!!

Inspiring!!!!!

Great work!!!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2012, 08:53:00 AM »
Congratulations, brother!!

'clap'

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2012, 11:20:00 AM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: Luby
Quote from: DennyX
Quote from: Ready
Quote from: Scowick65

400 days ago I dumped you.  I remember it vividly.  I pulled you out of the map-compartment of my car, dashed in the December sunlight to a trashcan and tossed you.  I had no quit plan. I had no clue.  There was no farewell speech.  There was no drama.  I simply tossed you and drove away.

You, however, had a plan.  You executed it relentlessly.  You kept me up at night.  When I did sleep you played nightmares.  You were there every time I got in the car.  I saw you at the gas station.  You sat by me on the couch.  You showed up every time my wife left the house.  You accompanied me all day at work and hopped in the car for my commute home.  You did not go quietly; you were constantly whispering in my ear.

3 weeks into my quit I joined KTC.  Remember how pissed you were?  When I posted roll you knew this was a game changer.  I was playing to win.  I now had access to knowledge.  I had access to a plan.  I had access to support.  I was greeted immediately by Ready, Greg, Mike A, and Banner.   Oh, I remember.  You threw a big fit.  You gave me rage, cravings, fatigue, the fog, stupors, headaches and sore throats.

As time passed I began to realize you were the devil.  I realized that something that makes you feel so bad when you refrain from using it can’t be all that good.  I began to hate you.  I mean really really hate you.  No more reminiscing of the old times.  No nostalgia.  So, of course, you threw a big fit.  You gave me depression, the blahs and the blues. 

This meant war. Game on.   I now had a purpose.  I was not satisfied just to dump you.  I wanted to wreck every other relationship you had.  Every relationship.  I would wait for new quitters on the boards.  I took great pride in pointing out your lies.  I enjoyed destroying your grip on others.  That is how I met folks like Corn, Miles, Peace, Rocket, Dante, LLCope, Tazz, Luby and Poker just to name a few. 

At day 400, your fits are far and few between.  They are no longer class 5 hurricanes.  At day 400, my greatest challenge is to simply remember who I am.  I am not a unique and special butterfly; I am a drug addict.

Thank you to Souliman, Ready, Chewie, 30, Greg, Luke, Mike A, drome, TCOPE, Show, Mattyc, gmann, J2B, NOLAQ, ODAAT, Corn, Miles, Peace, Rocket, Rodog, Redog, Dante, Cope, Tazz, Ag, Luby, Parputt, Mjollinir and others I simply fail to name.
Today is day 500. This still sums it up.
Congrats on the half Comma brudda.
That's amazing, thanks for the inspiration, Sco.
You have been an awesome supporter and an inspiration for all of my 283 days, thank you.
Thanks for all the support, Sco.
Awesome.

Period.
Great job and an even better job of paying it forward here. Thanks for your presence.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2012, 08:31:00 AM »
Quote from: gmann

400 days ago I dumped you.  I remember it vividly.  I pulled you out of the map-compartment of my car, dashed in the December sunlight to a trashcan and tossed you.  I had no quit plan. I had no clue.  There was no farewell speech.  There was no drama.  I simply tossed you and drove away.

You, however, had a plan.  You executed it relentlessly.  You kept me up at night.  When I did sleep you played nightmares.  You were there every time I got in the car.  I saw you at the gas station.  You sat by me on the couch.  You showed up every time my wife left the house.  You accompanied me all day at work and hopped in the car for my commute home.  You did not go quietly; you were constantly whispering in my ear.

3 weeks into my quit I joined KTC.  Remember how pissed you were?  When I posted roll you knew this was a game changer.  I was playing to win.  I now had access to knowledge.  I had access to a plan.  I had access to support.  I was greeted immediately by Ready, Greg, Mike A, and Banner.   Oh, I remember.  You threw a big fit.  You gave me rage, cravings, fatigue, the fog, stupors, headaches and sore throats.

As time passed I began to realize you were the devil.  I realized that something that makes you feel so bad when you refrain from using it can’t be all that good.  I began to hate you.  I mean really really hate you.  No more reminiscing of the old times.  No nostalgia.  So, of course, you threw a big fit.  You gave me depression, the blahs and the blues. 

This meant war. Game on.   I now had a purpose.  I was not satisfied just to dump you.  I wanted to wreck every other relationship you had.  Every relationship.  I would wait for new quitters on the boards.  I took great pride in pointing out your lies.  I enjoyed destroying your grip on others.  That is how I met folks like Corn, Miles, Peace, Rocket, Dante, LLCope, Tazz, Luby and Poker just to name a few. 

At day 400, your fits are far and few between.  They are no longer class 5 hurricanes.  At day 400, my greatest challenge is to simply remember who I am.  I am not a unique and special butterfly; I am a drug addict.

Thank you to Souliman, Ready, Chewie, 30, Greg, Luke, Mike A, drome, TCOPE, Show, Mattyc, gmann, J2B, NOLAQ, ODAAT, Corn, Miles, Peace, Rocket, Rodog, Redog, Dante, Cope, Tazz, Ag, Luby, Parputt, Mjollinir and others I simply fail to name.
You have been an awesome supporter and an inspiration for all of my 283 days, thank you.
Awesome.

Period.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2012, 07:35:00 AM »

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2012, 01:30:00 AM »

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #164 on: April 24, 2012, 01:18:00 AM »

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2012, 07:54:00 AM »

3 weeks into my quit I joined KTC.  Remember how pissed you were?  When I posted roll you knew this was a game changer.  I was playing to win.  I now had access to knowledge.  I had access to a plan.  I had access to support.  I was greeted immediately by Ready, Greg, Mike A, and Banner.  Oh, I remember.  You threw a big fit.  You gave me rage, cravings, fatigue, the fog, stupors, headaches and sore throats.

This meant war. Game on.  I now had a purpose.  I was not satisfied just to dump you.  I wanted to wreck every other relationship you had.  Every relationship.  I would wait for new quitters on the boards.  I took great pride in pointing out your lies.  I enjoyed destroying your grip on others.  That is how I met folks like Corn, Miles, Peace, Rocket, Dante, LLCope, Tazz, Luby and Poker just to name a few. 

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2012, 12:49:00 AM »
Quote from: dippshit
Quote from: Souliman

Habitual posters seldom fail.
Its not a habit. I'm an addict.
People addicted to posting seldom fail
group hug.. bring it in guys
I think I'm getting addicted! Don't think I'll fight this one. Even my wife is supportive of this addiction.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2012, 12:30:00 AM »

group hug.. bring it in guys

"It's amazing what a man can see by the light of a burning bridge" - Unknown

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2012, 04:55:00 PM »

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »